5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I can't save any profiles on RNG reporter. I've already done the calibration process for Pokémon White 2, and I wrote my parameters in a document. So I click New on the RNG profiles window, then I fill the boxes with the appropriate data, but when I click the OK button it doesn't create the profile. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Also, I had a Pokemon White 2 profile, but when I opened RNG reporter today, it wasn't there.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I can't save any profiles on RNG reporter. I've already done the calibration process for Pokémon White 2, and I wrote my parameters in a document. So I click New on the RNG profiles window, then I fill the boxes with the appropriate data, but when I click the OK button it doesn't create the profile. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Also, I had a Pokemon White 2 profile, but when I opened RNG reporter today, it wasn't there.
There's a bug where it doesn't properly complain if input data is invalid. Make sure you have an ID/SID, that the MAC address is valid, and whatnot.

May we ask again? Thanks.

Assuming we try to generate Reshiram/Zekrom on the top of the Dragonspiral Tower.

1. The IV frame is advanced solely thorugh moving around (at least under those circumstances). Does it make a difference whether we run, go or turn?
2. As far as I got it the PID frame is only advanced, exact words, "in an area with wild Pokemon". Does it mean that we can advance the IV frame without disturbing the PID frame there?
3. Chatot chatter: My microphone is currently out of order. Does it make a difference when they only emit "silent chatter"?

Yes, but how do I know how much I need to advance my frame?
It also helps to take a Pokemon with the ability Synchronize and the same nature as what you want the stationary to have, and put in at the front of your party.

@xShinji: Doesn't matter. All the 5th gen guides should tell you the same thing.

Hi, I'm trying to RNG the Wondercard Genesect on W2. I have already successfully RNGed a perfect Zekrom on B2, so I'm familiar with the concepts. But when I'm trying to RNG Wondercards, I always get very stranges Seeds with frames that doesn't appear at all in the adjacents seeds (and yes, even with +2 advanced frames)...
Note : I'm playing on French W2 version, maybe the wondercard list for french versions are incorrect in RNG Reporter ?
My seed : C2C6BBA9627165DF4 (should give me 30/31/31/31/31/31 on first frame)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
May we ask again? Thanks.

Assuming we try to generate Reshiram/Zekrom on the top of the Dragonspiral Tower.

1. The IV frame is advanced solely thorugh moving around (at least under those circumstances). Does it make a difference whether we run, go or turn?
2. As far as I got it the PID frame is only advanced, exact words, "in an area with wild Pokemon". Does it mean that we can advance the IV frame without disturbing the PID frame there?
3. Chatot chatter: My microphone is currently out of order. Does it make a difference when they only emit "silent chatter"?
1. I recommend not advancing the IV frame at all, it's easier to just search more months and saves a lot of headaches.
2. There shouldn't be any advances, but see 1.
3. It will still work as long as it isn't the default cry, only difference is that you will not be able to use the pitches to confirm your seed/frame.
Hi, I'm trying to RNG the Wondercard Genesect on W2. I have already successfully RNGed a perfect Zekrom on B2, so I'm familiar with the concepts. But when I'm trying to RNG Wondercards, I always get very stranges Seeds with frames that doesn't appear at all in the adjacents seeds (and yes, even with +2 advanced frames)...
Note : I'm playing on French W2 version, maybe the wondercard list for french versions are incorrect in RNG Reporter ?
My seed : C2C6BBA9627165DF4 (should give me 30/31/31/31/31/31 on first frame)
Are you sure you're checking all your possible Timer0s?

What would be the earliest time to be able to find the parameters in BW2?

Also, would it matter if I play the game and download Genesect on my 3DS and then try to RNG on my Phat DS?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I believe the latest version of RNGReporter lets you find parameters with Wonder Cards, aka Genesect. That said you can technically find your parameters when you get your starter (though it's much easier if you can give a number of rare candies, or you are in an area with high level Pokemon).

A question to ask, when hearing chatot pitches, at the moment that you click on Summary, do you first hear the chatot cry, then the frame is increased by 1, or does the frame increase by 1, then hear the chatot cry?

I understand my wording is a tad bit complicated. I'll give an example.

My starting frame is 52. I desire to hit frame 56.
Code:
Frame     Chatot Pitch
52          Low (7)
53          Mid-High (67)
54          High (81)
55          High (88)
56          Mid (50)
In this scenario, is my first chatot pitch supposed to be 52 (Low) or 53 (Mid-High)? Do I stop at 55 (High) or 56 (Mid) before confronting the legendary?

when you hear a pitch you are currently on the corresponding pitch (pid)frame...so when you battle you get the next frame...so you should stop 1 frame before ur target frame
I found this explanation a few pages back. However, does this not mean that I cannot hit my frame 52 at all?

My starting frame is 52. I desire to hit frame 56.
Code:
Frame     Chatot Pitch
52          Low (7)
53          Mid-High (67)
54          High (81)
55          High (88)
56          Mid (50)
In this scenario, is my first chatot pitch supposed to be 52 (Low) or 53 (Mid-High)? Do I stop at 55 (High) or 56 (Mid) before confronting the legendary?
Your first pitch will be 52.

I found this explanation a few pages back. However, does this not mean that I cannot hit my frame 52 at all?
You can hit frame 52, but to do so, you must not advance the PIDRNG frame at all.

I believe the latest version of RNGReporter lets you find parameters with Wonder Cards, aka Genesect. That said you can technically find your parameters when you get your starter (though it's much easier if you can give a number of rare candies, or you are in an area with high level Pokemon).
Thank you, just the answer I was looking for :)

guys how much frames higher do i need to get a seed for rnging at floccecy ranch...there are mareep and 2-3 moving npcs ....and does the frame still advance even during the sweet scent cut scene (cuz they still move during that)
please help
thank you

guys how much frames higher do i need to get a seed for rnging at floccecy ranch...there are mareep and 2-3 moving npcs ....and does the frame still advance even during the sweet scent cut scene (cuz they still move during that)
please help
thank you
First off, yes, the frame still advance even during the sweet scent cut scene.

Unfortunately, you can't tell exactly how many frames higher unless you calibrate the number of frames that the PIDRNG will advance. What you have to do is rng and catch pokemon without changing the frame for the seed you want. Take a look at what the frame the PIDRNG ends up as. Use your best guess based on the initial PIDRNG from the Reporter if it's not all that clear. Then, based on what you get, you subtract that "calibrated" initial frame from the actual frame you want. You'll then need to RNG and catch to see if you hit the seed correctly and then what frame did you hit if it's not the correct pokemon, gender, ability, and nature.

Note that while the way the PIDRNG advances from NPC is mostly consistent, sometimes, they don't advance consistently. What I mean is that, say you advance the frames by 27. The NPCs will mostly move in the same way every time when you are sweet scenting. Sometimes however, you might advance 26 frames and you end up at the same frame as if you had advance 27 frames. So, basically, what I'm trying to say is, some frames you probably will never hit because of the NPCs movements.

For the record, I did RNG a Riolu at the Ranch. It just took me a while. I forgot how many frames the NPCs advanced it though.

What would be the earliest time to be able to find the parameters in BW2?

Also, would it matter if I play the game and download Genesect on my 3DS and then try to RNG on my Phat DS?
With 6 rare candies (get by trade), you can do it in the first route you get to.

thank you. what is the earliest pokecenter with no wandering npc's?
The first pokécenter got one randomly turning NPC, but she is slow enough so that you can RNG there if you don't have to advance the iv frame.

Are you sure you're checking all your possible Timer0s?
Well, after few hours of failing I've decided since to change my profile in adjacent seeds to include all Timer0s between 10C0 and 1130, to be sure that the timer0 wasn't trolling me... yet, I constantly get frames that are not included at all in adjacent seeds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 28)