1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Hidden Grotto encounter type. Setting the proper gender and gender ratio is VERY important.
  2. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

To some degree yes but don't count on it.
  3. Rocket Boss Giovanni

Rocket Boss Giovanni

No I mean once the Pokemon has spawned in the Grotto. I haven't quite figured out how to RNG the regeneration of the Hidden Grotto, what I meant was once the Pokemon has spawned there is it a stationary encounter?
  4. Agonist

Agonist This god that I worship, this demon I blame
    is a Forum Moderator

it has it's own type of encounter, but yes, it's RNGed like a stationary.
  5. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

so that means I could perfectly find my parameters in a place such as route 5?
  6. Belle

Belle

Two more questions:

- If I activated Memory Link, do I check Memory Link in Time Finder?
    - Does saving the game still advance the PIDRNG by 1?

Thank you again!
  7. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Gender and gender ratio matter even after you've spawned it, because they affect the PID. It also has its own encounter type - it's only similar to a regular stationary in that there are no encounter slots and the IVs/nature are set when you talk to it.
    Right. All that matters is the IVs.
    It should be in your profile, not Time Finder, and yes.
  8. Manafii101

Manafii101

My initial PID frame is 48 I think, and my Shiny target is 60. Will the NPC's advance it past my target?
  9. Cefiro

Cefiro

Wait, for Hidden Groto the IVs and Pokemon are set ahead of time so you can't RNG them?

Then what is the point of RNGing in the Hidden Groto at all?
  10. voodoo pimp

The species and gender are set ahead of time, but you can RNG them right after emptying the grotto. The IVs and nature are set when you encounter it (like a stationary).
  11. Cefiro

Cefiro

Oh, so you CAN RNG the IV and nature upon encounter; cool.
    How hard is it to RNG the species you want?

Also, is the gift Evee RNG-able, or do the CPUs screw you up?
  12. voodoo pimp

RNGing the species is exactly as hard as RNGing anything else in a NPC-free area (read: not hard at all unless Timer0 really hates you), and it only takes a few seconds to find a seed so it's a lot faster as well.

I don't know if there are wandering NPCs in Eevee's area, but even if there are you can still do it, you just have to account for their advances (through either trial and error or Chatot pitches).
  13. Rocket Boss Giovanni

Rocket Boss Giovanni

So I put this in Time Finder to generate the IVs
    [​IMG]

In the main window of RNG Reporter, do I use the Encounter type of Stationary Pokemon or Hidden Grotto. Sorry in advance about all the questions, I want to make sure I'm doing this right.

[​IMG] OR [​IMG]
  14. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Encounter type is Hidden Grotto.
  15. Cefiro

Cefiro

So you empty the room, save, then you RNG when in the groto?
    And that generates what you want?
  16. voodoo pimp

That's right. Save immediately after emptying it (after either picking up the item or battling the Pokémon), then hit your seed and walk 256 steps. Leave the grotto, come back in, and you should see the Pokémon you want. If you don't see it, then either you hit the wrong Timer0 or you made a mistake somewhere.
  17. nico209

nico209

im waiting for a RNG Reporter which supports german black/white 2, too. pls give it to me
  18. Roflumilast

Roflumilast

So I tried to reset my TID. I ran some tests: I started the game on 19.10.2012 @ 13:30:25, new game. I check my TID and use it in the Pandora's Box to "Find Seed Hit". It says Frame 25, Initial Frame 38, Time 13:30:33.

How is this even possible? I know how to hit the second, I have done it countless times before. But everytime I do the above mentioned procedure, I get a time, that's a random number of seconds late, the initial Frame varies between 26 und 38 and how can the Frame even be lower than the Initial Frame?

I checked my timer0 and it's almost consistently 1635. Sometimes 1634. But that's not the problem.

As far as I know german white 2 is supported now. (If not, this could explain my problems...)
  19. mew420

mew420

hey guys. i just rng'ed a flawless timid genesect, and am now restarting my game to for other natures.

what i was wondering is if the parameters would stay the same on the new save file, or will i need to recalibrate?
  20. nico209

nico209

there is a german option, and there are other european options, too, but if u choose it and want it to say your seed, it doesnt work, because there comes a probleme of "RNG Reporter doenst work". if u try it with japanese(for example) ,it will work. i've already tried it out.
  21. LudwiG

LudwiG

I almost always hit my Timer0 when I press A exactly when the seconds change to one before my target and always never hit it when I press A at another time.

If the NPC is running and you are using sweet scent, it should advance the PIDRNG in the area of 20-25 frames. If it's just random turning and/or a few steps, it's a lot less.
  22. kiddu

kiddu

If you don't have 9.96.3, get it.

If you do, and/or it still doesn't work, click here and follow the instructions.
  23. Agonist

Agonist This god that I worship, this demon I blame
    is a Forum Moderator

Just a nitpick, but if the NPC is moving in a set pattern, there isn't any PIDRNG advancement.
  24. Onicon

Onicon

We have our problems with a few of the page's instructions:

Abount advancing the IV frame:
    So turns technically aren't steps, are they?
    Edit: I forgot to ask whether there is a difference between going and running.

About advancing the PID frame:
    Do we understand correctly? When we are moving in an area with no wild Pokemon like on the top of the Dragonspiral Tower, the PID frame will not be advanced?
  25. xShinji

xShinji

*a quick question* is initial timer0 for 3DS XL differ from 3DS??

If not ...so the current RNG reporter cant generate correct timer0 for 3DS XL?

Everytime I check my timer0 ... it is the same...*concise?*

but terrakion stats chgs everytime as well as the seed....

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)