1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

After more testing, I was definitely bouncing between a few different Timer0 and VCount combinations, mainly:

AC - 1671
    AC - 1673
    AD - 167D
    AD - 167E

So not only is Timer0 wildly fluctuating in BW2, but now you need to know if your VCount is wildly fluctuating. At least on a 3DS XL, I haven't tried my other DS systems yet. White 2 for the record.

I was definitely using EonTimer which at least helped me to hit my time consistently, but it was little help for me in hitting the proper VCount and Timer0 combo. Almost makes me pine for C-gear seeds again.
  2. Ewokese

Ewokese

Just a question about the encounter slot tables:
    Is there a place telling us which location is which? I'm currently only seeing each place labled as "Location X" so you can understand it is rather difficult finding out which corresponds to where.
  3. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

guys! what's the earliest location where you can find your parameters in B2? By that I mean, a place without wandering NPCs ^

Thank you ^.^
  4. Agonist

Agonist Minutes become hours when you wait, hope and regret
    is a Forum Moderator

Virbank Complex (exterior). Though, they're like levels 10-12 :/

If you choose to wait a little bit, you can do it in Castelia's Park, which are levels 15-18.
  5. Sprocket

Virbank Complex would probably be easiest if you trade over a ton of Rare Candies and a Sweet Scent Pokemon.
  6. goldursaring

goldursaring

I can't seem to hit the right seed for Reshiram. I was able to RNG Genesect, but following the settings in Titan's RNG Guide isn't working at all. I might take a step back, and redo all my calibrations. Or am I missing some sort of change?
  7. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

The seed period? Or just the spread you're after?

If you're verifying by Chatot pitch neither Dragonspiral Tower (both B/W1 and 2) nor N's Castle (B/W1) has random PIDRNG advancements.
  8. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

NPCs have nothing to do with parameters :P
  9. goldursaring

goldursaring

I can't seem to hit the right spread in BW2. Have any of the settings changed, or should I keep following the guide and blame it on timer0 trolls?

I had no problems doing so in BW.
  10. Paul493

Paul493

Is there a way to know what your PID frame is? I'm trying to catch a timid Borutorso(thunder genie), and do synchronizers work in this game for roamers?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  11. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Probably just Timer0. There are absolutely no RNG advancements in the area.
    Sync doesn't work on roamers. You would first have to hit the correct IVs, then you check PID via characteristic/nature.
  12. Rocket Boss Giovanni

Rocket Boss Giovanni

OK, Zekrom/Reshiram are shiny-locked, but can Kyurem in BW2 be shiny? Or did GameFreak shiny-lock Kyurem as well.
  13. Sprocket

I'm actually attempting to catch a shiny Kyurem to find out, I'll follow up with what I find out (if it hasn't been found out already).
  14. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Kyurem can be shiny in all games (and, if you're curious, Kyurem-B/W retains the shininess).
  15. Sprocket

Is it just me, or for BW2 is the initial PIDRNG frame not matching what RNGReporter says it should be? I've gotten some extremely oddball results. Crazy things like the actual PIDRNG frame hit being +30 to +100 from what RNGReporter says it should be, without NPC interference even.
  16. Cipher Admin Lovrina

Cipher Admin Lovrina

Ahaha, no worries! Yea, when I used the transfer, the animation showed Landorus first, then the two Shuckles and the items. I can most certainly confirm that legendaries take priority for slot 1 and presumably so on and so forth.
  17. goldursaring

goldursaring

I think I've been having these issues too.
  18. ctom42

ctom42

Hey so I was having a problem in version 9.6.1 that I hoped would be fixed in 9.6.2, but it was not. After checking the development notes I found that the bug is known, the discrepancy between the main page and time finder frames for Wondercard. However it appears you do not know the cause and I think I have found it out. I edited my profile and unclicked the memory link checkbox and the discrepancy went away, the two frames matched. It appears the main page is not correctly taking memory link into account even in the black and white 2 button is checked. Hope this helps.
  19. Manafii101

Manafii101

I didn't have memory link checked and I still had the 2 frame difference so I don't think that's it.

On another note, how much do the NPC's advance the PID frame when going for a shiny starter in BW2? Do I just need to do it trail-by-error and hope I save the right number?
  20. Sprocket

I give up RNGing a shiny Kyurem in White 2, I just can't get a consistent nature even when I can hit the same IV seed repeatedly. There must be some underlying cause.

For example, seed 7E4BB60BF1219538. IVs are confirmed the same
    PID no advance = naughty nature (RNG reporter says it should be Docile)
    1 advance = Docile (+1 above Naughty, no problem)
    repeat, 1 advance = Impish (+2 above the previous test)
  21. tjtoot

tjtoot

for the 2 frame difference, do i do 2 chatots less or 2 chatots more
  22. Rocket Boss Giovanni

Rocket Boss Giovanni

To confirm though, you were able to get it shiny even if you were having trouble getting the natures?
  23. Sprocket

I can't confirm. Though if you really want a shiny Kyurem, it's easy enough to get one in BW1.
  24. mew420

mew420

at what point are kyurem-b's iv's set? is it when you engage in battle just after it has fused, when you cannot use pokeballs? or in a later battle (i presume you actually get a chance to capture it further on).
  25. Sprocket

The later battle, where you get the chance to capture him normally. When you capture him, he's just regular Kyurem at that point.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)