1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  4. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Britty

Britty

I seem to be having some difficulty with RNGing on my White. This is not the first time I have RNG'd eggs, but it is the first time I'm trying to RNG a shiny egg with someone else's TID/SID combination.

I seem to be having PID issues. Because my friend who is using the most recent of RNG reporter and getting the same results, I'm going to include all my calibrations in order to hopefully figure out what is wrong.

Game: English White 1
    Version: 9.96 Alpha #16 (XP user) // 9.96.2 (a Friend's)
    Ds Model: DS Lite
    Mac Address: 1656CE9D5C
    VCount: 60
    GxStat: 6
    VFrame: 8
    Timer0: C7F / C80 (C7F is the far more common one, and the one used in the search)
    TID/SID: 03829 / 36751
    Friend's TID/SID: 47918 / 00036

Seed: 04303E4E64211099
    Target Frame: 69

Time Finder Screenshot
    Main RNG Reporter Window Screenshot
    Result of Frame 69

Parents: Father & "Mother". Mother held the everstone.

I am quite baffled at how this came to be about. I did my normal method of obtaining the eggs to get a SSF(chatter twice, then see where I end up). I had the characteristics/gender/ability/general IVs for two frames in this list, and adjusted my chatter count accordingly so I can hit it.(Had to 14 chatot flips, nothing too bad.) I didn't upload those fails to Pokecheck as I never had an issue where I'd hit the exact IV frame and got a different PID.

Then, I hatch her. While I can't speak for her shininess as I was making sure I hit the right seed before I sent her off(probably wouldn't be), she certainly had the wrong PID and wrong gender. Her characteristic is also wrong. Only thing spot on were the IVs. I checked my adjacent seeds, and couldn't find anything like her.

Is there something I'm doing seriously wrong to get that result? My friend who taught me how to RNG used the latest version and had the same hits as I did in that version. Also, I guess I'm forced to pick a new seed and pray for the best that I don't get PID trolled again?
  2. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

It's accurate. The problem is some places, such as the starting town, have a ton of NPCs advancing the PIDRNG very rapidly.

Yep that's exactly it. I'm adding a memory link check box for the next version. I've been meaning to do that since alphas long ago but never gotten around to it.

International breeding doesn't work based off the hatcher's TID it's based off your TID. Get parents from the same game and do normal breeding.
  3. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

That's the thing, I was getting somewhat random PIDRNG advances in an area (Kyurem's cave) that has no NPCs.
  4. Psoron

Psoron

Thanks for clearing that up! At least I don't need to waste my time until you fix it! Thanks again !
  5. Britty

Britty

That would do it then! Thank you very much~ I'll go ahead and switch up the parents.
  6. knoten

knoten

Rng crashes when hit parameter search

Hi
    When i want to calibrate and hit search in parameter finder my rng just crashes, same happened with last versiono of rng.
    [​IMG]
    If I choose BW version it doesnt crash, just BW2.
    Unfortunately I only own german White 2.
    Tried to open as admin...
    I read in other post that people dont have the same error so what exactly am I doing wrong?
    Why does it only crash when I chose version BW2?
    Please help
  7. LudwiG

LudwiG

With 6 rare candies, you can do it in the first accessed route.
    You'll have to trade the rare candies and a sweet scenter from another game, but it works, assuming that you encounter a level 4 pokémon. Otherwise, just retry until you find a level 4 pokémon.
  8. Slashmolder

Others have confirmed the same thing, no idea why. I'll look into it more when I reach that party of the game. I'm pretty sure though that place is causing the PIDRNG advancements somehow.

German White 2 is not supported in 9.96.2. Wait for the next release which will support it.
  9. emboars

emboars

slash what does the memory link check box in the latest rng reporter affect..... when i click memory link(profile and main window) and generate i get results and when i uncheck nothing changes.....(tried 5th gen pid and wondercard 5th gen) so what does it affect....

EDIT: another thing is when searching for hidden grotto seeds ,i cant copy the seed (no menu appear when right clicked on the seed).if i press Ctrl+c it copies the whole details..(timer0,slot num....gender etc... )
  10. Agonist

Agonist He had seen it, felt it's might, bent under
    is a Forum Moderator

iirc Memory Link just alters the initial starting frames (making them lower), as well as changing some DR seeds.
  11. emboars

emboars

well,,, shouldnt it shift by one frame when we click generate when the memory link check box is checked/unchecked :/ but nothing changes it stays the same....
  12. masterbreeder

masterbreeder

13. emboars

emboars

yes there is :o when you click "profiles" on the upper right side of the main rng reporter window,in the next window there is a button "file" on the top left corner....
  14. kiddu

kiddu

Did you try the Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame button after (un)checking, or only the Generate one?
  15. Scorpion

Scorpion

Ok, so I've been trying to abuse for a Kyurem in White 2 with a Modest nature and a 31/30/31/31/31/31 spread. My initial frame is 57 and the target frame is 65, and I've been advancing the frame using Chatots. I've managed to get the correct IVs multiple times, but the nature is always wrong. Is there something in Kyurem's location that advances the PIDRNG? I'm definitely counting the Chatot advances correctly... Any help?
  16. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Yes something is with the PIDRNG there. Use pitches to verify your PIDRNG frame.
  17. PoJ

PoJ

I've heard that something weird goes on with the initial PID frame in the Giant Chasm. When you do your PID advancements, catch Kyurem and if it has the correct IVs check the nature you got. Then go to Reporter's main window and generate the PID frames. See which frame you hit and how far off you were from your target, then adjust the number of PID advancements you did.

Edit: Or you could do what Hozu said but I like my way better since I'm not very good at picking out Chatot's pitches.
  18. Scorpion

Scorpion

Just got the Kyurem I wanted. Thanks!
  19. Dizzybanana21x

Dizzybanana21x

How much does the Timer0 typically waver in Black2??
  20. Slashmolder

Only certain seeds are altered at all by memory link. The hollow part is a bug, I'll fix that.

A lot, though it depends on what game you're playing and using an external timer to start your game helps a lot.
  21. Cefiro

Cefiro

Wow, I didn't even know this. Being in a different fraction of your target second can offset Timer0s or something?
    Will keep in mind for the future.
  22. Musica

Musica

It's easier for me to use a DS Lite since it has it's own clock and I can hit seeds consistently with that rather than having a DSi and use EonTimer. Eon is great, I have used it for C-Gear seeds, BW Standard Seeds, and 4th Gen Abuse. It's just I find it hard now with BW2.
  23. Belle

Belle

After a hiatus from Pokemon, I finally beat White 2 and want to pick up RNG again. From reading through this thread, it seems like the mechanics in BW2 are mostly the same as the ones in BW. So two quick questions:

1. When I take the step forward to battle the Dreamyard Lati@s, does that advance the RNG? There's also a bit of animation after taking that step where Lati@s flies over. Is there any advancement there? (I thought the thread mentions that there are wandering NPCs in the Dreamyard?)

2. Why is it that breeding RNG cannot be done in BW2? I'm just curious about the mechanics, not really upset about being able to do it or not.

Thank you!
  24. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

1. Unless the NPCs move right after you exit the menu, you should be fine - they freeze during cutscenes.

2. Basically, there's a bug in the game code which causes inheritance and several other factors to be static (but it only affects the first egg received after loading the game, so non-RNG breeding is mostly unaffected).
  25. Rocket Boss Giovanni

Rocket Boss Giovanni

If a Pokemon has already spawned in a Hidden Grotto (example, the Minccino that you find during the main story), when RNG'ing it is it anything special or just a stationary encounter like the various legendaries?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)