5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Okay, so I recalibrated my black 2 game, and I was wondering if it's best to use a range of timer0s or just the ones that appear the most when you calibrate? (I got 11 different timer0s)

Okay, so I recalibrated my black 2 game, and I was wondering if it's best to use a range of timer0s or just the ones that appear the most when you calibrate? (I got 11 different timer0s)
Generate seeds using the one(s) you mostly commonly found when calibrating, but when you check for adjacents, make sure you edit your profile to include the range you found while calibrating. That way you can see if your timer0 is switching during an RNG.

hey guys, is there a shiny check on mandibuzz? i've hit my target frame twice in a row, but once i exit the game menu and talk to the bird (virtually no delay) i get the right nature and IV spread, but not shiny. it could very well be the npcs on route 4 messing with me, but this is weird. any thoughts?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
hey guys, is there a shiny check on mandibuzz? i've hit my target frame twice in a row, but once i exit the game menu and talk to the bird (virtually no delay) i get the right nature and IV spread, but not shiny. it could very well be the npcs on route 4 messing with me, but this is weird. any thoughts?
The sandstorm in Route 4 is screwing you over too. IIRC, you can't get rid of it.

The whole process sounds about right :)

The difference between Glan and regular wondercards is that GLAN wondercards have a set determined gender. Because Genesect is genderless, you need to use the regular wondercard method
The sandstorm in Route 4 is screwing you over too. IIRC, you can't get rid of it.
darn...that's a bummer. yeah i saw somewhere the month advancement trick doesn't work anymore. hmm maybe i'll try stopping a few frames before my target frame. that's weird since there's not even visible sandstorm in the current display frame.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
darn...that's a bummer. yeah i saw somewhere the month advancement trick doesn't work anymore. hmm maybe i'll try stopping a few frames before my target frame. that's weird since there's not even visible sandstorm in the current display frame.
sandstorm advances by about 60 fps.

having trouble with RNGing my dreamyard latios

Whenever I get the right Chatot pitches and land on frame 72 (I stop at 69 since NPCs seem to advance the frames by 3) I get the same "likes to doze off"/31HP IV, "decent all round" timid latios

not sure what I'm doing wrong, I've calibrated 21 times and got 1104 as my timer0 8/21 times :S

So I finally caught shiny Mandibuzz, but not without a lot of trial and error despite hitting my frames (checked with chatot pitch). So something is apparently making the frames go very fast even if there's little to no delay in exiting the game menu. For example, my target frame was 116. When I stopped at that frame, which I normally do for other stationary/wild pokes, and then exited the menu, I got the wrong poke. Instead I was supposed to stop at frame 110 and for some reason in the split second you exit your menu, the frame count has jumped up by 6...so yeah just a heads up to those RNGing Mandibuzz on Route 4

I'm having trouble updating to the current version of RNG Reporter. I have updated to .NET Framework 4.5. When I first hit "Yes" on updating RNG Reporter, I think it tried to download a tmp file and then said that Windows wasn't able to open it, so I browsed for a program to open it and just chose Internet Explorer (I really don't know what I was thinking that night, I know I was being stupid) but that didn't work either.

Whenever I try to download an updated version of RNG Reporter, it brings up the Internet Explorer page and doesn't actually let me download, open or save the download. Can someone help me get around this and update RNG Reporter please? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Done. All I had to do was delete and re-download RNG reporter. Thanks kiddu!

having trouble with RNGing my dreamyard latios

Whenever I get the right Chatot pitches and land on frame 72 (I stop at 69 since NPCs seem to advance the frames by 3) I get the same "likes to doze off"/31HP IV, "decent all round" timid latios

not sure what I'm doing wrong, I've calibrated 21 times and got 1104 as my timer0 8/21 times :S
You're not advancing the IV frame, is what it is. You have to advance IVs and PID separately for just about everything aside from Wondercards.

Search again for a seed with a IV frame of 1. That way you only have to deal with the one RNG, which makes everything easier.

I'm having trouble updating to the current version of RNG Reporter. I have updated to .NET Framework 4.5. When I first hit "Yes" on updating RNG Reporter, I think it tried to download a tmp file and then said that Windows wasn't able to open it, so I browsed for a program to open it and just chose Internet Explorer (I really don't know what I was thinking that night, I know I was being stupid) but that didn't work either.

Whenever I try to download an updated version of RNG Reporter, it brings up the Internet Explorer page and doesn't actually let me download, open or save the download. Can someone help me get around this and update RNG Reporter please? Thanks in advance!
I'd suggest waiting for the next version, anyway, due to a bug in the newest one. But it sounds like your defaults are what're messing you up. IIRC fixing it was something like, finding one of the older downloaded files (or one of the same type), right-clicking it, selecting Open With, and choosing a different default program.

And not using IE.

You're not advancing the IV frame, is what it is. You have to advance IVs and PID separately for just about everything aside from Wondercards.

Search again for a seed with a IV frame of 1.
good eye didn't see that. @furbob, what he means is that in your Time Finder window, set the min/max frame both to 1. it's just easier that way.

How are the Shiny Haxorus, Shiny Gible, and Shiny Dratini generated in BW2? Are they RNG'd like a normal encounter, or is there something else that needs to be done?
If Sprocket's still reading this, I can answer your question.

After RNGing the Shiny Dratini (the one you get from Benga), the PIDRNG is the same as the Larvesta Egg (+1 frame from a gift pokemon).

good eye didn't see that. @furbob, what he means is that in your Time Finder window, set the min/max frame both to 1. it's just easier that way.
ah, I set the min/max frame to 1 in the time finder and I get no results?

*I kept everything else the same*

*edit*

I got 1 result after setting the max to 3... what does this mean?

Is it possible for moving npcs to troll you on Route 3? I've been trying for a timid, non-shiny Blitzle. I ended up getting it, but for some reason, it keeps bouncing between the right frames. If I do 22 chatots, then the game indicates that the pokemon I caught is 3 frames later, but when I do 25, RNG reporter indicates I need to do 22. How is it possible for White 1 to troll me this much? I've gotten the same things like 20 times.

ah, I set the min/max frame to 1 in the time finder and I get no results?

*I kept everything else the same*

*edit*

I got 1 result after setting the max to 3... what does this mean?
there was no result given the date and keypresses you specified. The reason for setting min/max to 1 is so you won't have to advance your IV frame (this is slightly more annoying - essentially to advance it by x amount, you have to have x pokemon in your party and walk 128 steps). It's must simpler just to find a seed with a frame of 1. Set keypresses to "None, 1, 2, 3" in your profile. This will give you more seeds to work with. Also for a given year, select all the months. It'll take a while, but you are likely to get more seeds that are easier to work with.

edit: also since you don't seem to care about the attack IV stat, click "Clear" next to that stat. I think RNGReporter thinks you are trying to specify an IV of 2 and I guess its algorithm doesn't like that - i.e. it'll run much slower.

Is it possible for moving npcs to troll you on Route 3? I've been trying for a timid, non-shiny Blitzle. I ended up getting it, but for some reason, it keeps bouncing between the right frames. If I do 22 chatots, then the game indicates that the pokemon I caught is 3 frames later, but when I do 25, RNG reporter indicates I need to do 22. How is it possible for White 1 to troll me this much? I've gotten the same things like 20 times.
Yes. Pretty much any area with NPCs will troll you. NPCs will respond to the PIDRNG in a predictable way, but because of the way the NPC moves based on the PIDRNG, some frames will be skipped over. Unfortunately, you'll need to try another frame or really, you should be using a Timid Synchronizer to increase the number of frames you can use so you don't have to worry about it.

sorry to bother again, but im having the same problem with getting Genesect (I caught my latios btw!)

I keep getting the same Impish natured, "likes to scatter things" Genesect at frame 67

what am I doing wrong?

I set the min/max frame in the timefinder as 1/150 based on what nuggetbridge says?

sorry to bother again, but im having the same problem with getting Genesect (I caught my latios btw!)

I keep getting the same Impish natured, "likes to scatter things" Genesect at frame 67

what am I doing wrong?

I set the min/max frame in the timefinder as 1/150 based on what nuggetbridge says?

In the "Method" field, change it to "Wondercard (5th gen)", then input your seed, hit "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" and hit generate, then advance (Frame needed - Initial PIDRNG frame) frames.

Also, is there a reason why you're not RNGing Genesect to have max Defense/Sp. Defense IVs? Those can make or break some battles. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 30)