5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I really would love some Video Tutorials for learning to RNG Abuse on BW2. I have never done it before and so far I have had no results that indicate that I am doing this right.

I would love some assistance with both Calibration methods.

For starters, I am confused about advancing the Frame versus the PID Frame. Or how to find out what I hit when my capture is wrong.

Also, what can't you time find to an individual day?

What's the difference between GLAN Wondercard and non-GLAN Wondercard?? Which one is Genesect?

Finally when will Windows application have a check for the Shiny Charm?

I am getting an error whenever i select the Black and White 2 Checkbox and try to generate a breeding seed for Black and White. It only does it when I generate and only for BW breeding, no others. It is the latest version

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at RNGReporter.Objects.FrameCompare.Compare(Frame frame)
at RNGReporter.Objects.FrameGenerator.Generate(FrameCompare frameCompare, UInt32 id, UInt32 sid)
at RNGReporter.MainForm.Generate()
at RNGReporter.MainForm.buttonGenerate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I am getting an error whenever i select the Black and White 2 Checkbox and try to generate a breeding seed for Black and White. It only does it when I generate and only for BW breeding, no others. It is the latest version

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at RNGReporter.Objects.FrameCompare.Compare(Frame frame)
at RNGReporter.Objects.FrameGenerator.Generate(FrameCompare frameCompare, UInt32 id, UInt32 sid)
at RNGReporter.MainForm.Generate()
at RNGReporter.MainForm.buttonGenerate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
If you have Windows XP, it won't work. It hasn't been released for XP yet.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For starters, I am confused about advancing the Frame versus the PID Frame. Or how to find out what I hit when my capture is wrong.

Also, what can't you time find to an individual day?

What's the difference between GLAN Wondercard and non-GLAN Wondercard?? Which one is Genesect?

Finally when will Windows application have a check for the Shiny Charm?
The IV frame is only advanced by walking or withdrawing a Pokémon from the PC. In general, you should just not bother with it at all and set the search to 1/1. To figure out what you hit, first check if the IVs are correct (if they aren't, you probably hit the wrong Timer0). Then look at your seed in the main window of RNG Reporter (using the Gen 5 PIDRNG method) and try to match the nature/gender/etc. to a frame near your target.

You can't search a single day because it would be pointless, the odds of finding a seed on one day are tiny.

GLAN stands for Gender Locked Any Nature - for instance, the VGC Larvitar which was always male but could be any nature. Since Genesect is genderless, that doesn't apply and you'd just use regular Wonder Card.

As for the charm, I don't know, it depends on what order Slashmolder is doing things in.
Im on Windows 7
Did you install .NET framework 4.5?

I really would love some Video Tutorials for learning to RNG Abuse on BW2. I have never done it before and so far I have had no results that indicate that I am doing this right.
Check bearsfan092's video. It will guide you through B2W2 calibration (it's the same as B1W1) and catching a wild RNG'd Pokémon. It can also help you understand the differences between PIDRNG seed and IV frame. I also recommend reading Smogon's guide to get acquainted with the RNG terminology (note, however, that the guide is not up to date, so focus on the video).

There's no tutorial (I'm aware of) to calibrate using the Unova Link in RNG Reporter. Here's a guide, but it is for PPRNG.

GLAN stands for "gender locked." Genesect is genderless, which means it is non-GLAN Wondercard. Oops, ninja'd by voodoo pimp!

ID/SID Manipulation in White 2

Not sure if anyone's tried/succeeded at this, but... I'm trying to RNG my ID/SID in White2. I followed the guide here, hearing that it works with the sequels? (And I've successfully RNGed my ID/SID in both Blake & White.)

Anyways, following that method, I found this seed that gets me my ID and should allow me to try for a Shiny starter (assuming the wandering NPCs don't screw me over):

Seed: CF8E3C357AE84531
Frame: 34 (Starter: True)
Initial frame: 30
ID/SID: 52091 / 18921
Date. Time: 11/10/2012, 10:07:29
Keypress(es): Start
My Parameters: VCount = 82, VFrame = 6, GxStat = 6, timer0 = 10F5

So, with a few tries, I eventually hit my seed. However, the initial frame and frame are different than the ID Seed I found (according to the Seed Finder option in Pandora's Box):

Frame: 40 (Starter: N/A)
Initial frame: 40
ID/SID: 22291 / 41363
timer0 = 10F5

So, of course, I got a different ID/SID. Why/how did I get initial frame = 40 when I thought it should be 30 according to the Pandora's Box ID Search function? Is there something I'm supposed to account for with the sequels that I didn't know about? Or why did I land a different initial frame than what the ID Search function suggested, in spite of the program being sure I landed the same seed?

Thanks. (Also, is there a suggested number of advancements I should shoot for when trying to get a Shiny Starter in B2/W2? Like, to account for the wandering NPCs?)

The IV frame is only advanced by walking or withdrawing a Pokémon from the PC. In general, you should just not bother with it at all and set the search to 1/1. To figure out what you hit, first check if the IVs are correct (if they aren't, you probably hit the wrong Timer0). Then look at your seed in the main window of RNG Reporter (using the Gen 5 PIDRNG method) and try to match the nature/gender/etc. to a frame near your target.

You can't search a single day because it would be pointless, the odds of finding a seed on one day are tiny.

GLAN stands for Gender Locked Any Nature - for instance, the VGC Larvitar which was always male but could be any nature. Since Genesect is genderless, that doesn't apply and you'd just use regular Wonder Card.

As for the charm, I don't know, it depends on what order Slashmolder is doing things in.

Did you install .NET framework 4.5?
Yes the .NET framework is at 4.5

Yes the .NET framework is at 4.5
I don't think you can RNG Abuse for breeding in BW2.

Slashmolder said:
RNG Reporter has updated to .NET Framework 4.5 (download here) allowing searches to be significantly faster. This does mean that Windows XP is no longer supported. I'll make a final XP compatible version after everything has settled down.
  • Certain Languages are nto supported on DSi, if you want to help us out look here.
  • Dream radar is currently not supported in Reporter
  • CGear seeds no longer exist, turning on the CGear advances the IVRNG by 2 frames and advances the PIDRNG like usual
  • Entralink starts on frame 26
  • Memory linking offsets the PIDRNG initial frame by 1 so check the box for it in your profile if you have memory linked.
  • Timer0 ranges are much wider. Some people have 12-15 different Timer0s. Tip: Using Eon Timer to hit your seed greatly increases your consistency for hitting a specific Timer0.
  • Breeding is a total mess, don't even try to breed in BW2 for now. It might never be possible to do much of any breeding. Be happy there's no new egg moves I know of.
  • Shiny Charm support will be added at a later date due to the vast amount of work to implement it.

Well I have another question now that my previous one has been answered. I have an amoonguss in a hidden grotto and was wondering if I can manipulate the IV's for it? If so do I consider it a stationary pokemon? This could be a stupid question haha.

The internet in the house has been problematic this week. Today, I have watched bearsfan092's video as well as read over the out-dated Smogon's guide. Terminology is not a concern. I went to a video game development program in my college days.

The issues that I appear to be encountering are focused around the majority of the tutorials being focused around BW1. Here is where I am at. I am using EON Timer for hitting times including in calibration. In the DS Parameters, I am hitting the exact second consistently. My IV results have been failures every time however using the Seed from the IV time that I am aiming for my PID results are coming out correctly. Based upon this, although not stated in any of the reading that I have done that the Seed used for the PID generation is independent from the Timer0 and more importantly its generation is less random.

Still with this being said, the Timer0 is still a pivotal element to RNG'ing a perfect set of IV's. Based upon the videos that I am seeing, people are making it sounds like you can consistently hit the same Timer0. The only element that would allow for this is if the Timer0 was based off of a millisecond count. Physical reaction time to push to launch the game (especially if the EON Timer is being used) will also calibrate the more frequent that a person performs this task (from a biological study.) Still, for those of us in similar shoes (or heels) as mine, our response time for this practice is not a matter of muscle memory as of yet. So, I do not appear to be hitting my Timer0 ever. The reason that I asked about checking for an individual day's results is because it would be nice to have a way of establishing which Timer0 you arrived on after a failure. It would also allow you to confirm if you hit the correct second. It appears to be the only way to do that is to do another calibration of parameters in RNG Reporter.

This is my current frustration. Since I am not hitting my IV's, it is logical to want to know what went wrong.

@voodoo_pimp, if I am not mistaken in order to coordinate a perfect set of IV's with a Shiny PID, is it not necessary for frame advancement is almost always all the time without having to listen to Chatot several thousand times?

• Dream radar is currently not supported in Reporter
  • CGear seeds no longer exist, turning on the CGear advances the IVRNG by 2 frames and advances the PIDRNG like usual
  • Entralink starts on frame 26
  • Memory linking offsets the PIDRNG initial frame by 1 so check the box for it in your profile if you have memory linked.
  • Timer0 ranges are much wider. Some people have 12-15 different Timer0s. Tip: Using Eon Timer to hit your seed greatly increases your consistency for hitting a specific Timer0.
  • Breeding is a total mess, don't even try to breed in BW2 for now. It might never be possible to do much of any breeding. Be happy there's no new egg moves I know of.
  • Shiny Charm support will be added at a later date due to the vast amount of work to implement it.
This blows. I do not currently own a copy of BW1. My 3DS and games with all stolen. *sigh* I have my saves thanks to my NDS Adapter... give or take a day or two. So, according to this, breeding cannot be done. I have every intent on replacing my games just right now is not ideal.

hey guys, what's the relation between the locations in the Black 2 Encounter Table and places on the Unova map?
The Encounter Table could really use some names. Also, I noticed that at the DragonSpiral Tower it lists Wigglytuff instead of Tranquill.

since nobody told me anything, I'm quoting myself to make sure somebody sees this.

I found an error in RNG reporter. it is connected to the fast IV searching thing.
I searched for a flawless IV spread for a pokemon in the entralink by putting the Min/Max Frame range from 25 to 30, so it would use the fast searching.
it found a seed that I already found last week, which had a flawless spread at frame 5, but the time finder told me that there were two flawless spreads, one at frame 27 and one at 29. I controlled and it isn't true. here's a screen.

I run the search again by putting 25 and 31 as the Min/Max Frame range and it found nothing. I'm pretty sure this is an evidence that the problem is in the "IVs fast searching" function.

ah, I almost forgot:

I found an error in the encounter table. in castelia city (location 1, in the table) it says that jigglypuff appears at level 15 and 16 with encounter slots 2 and 6 respectively, but it's wrong. it should be pidove, not jigglypuff.

First of all, your grammar is very awkward at points, which makes it hard to figure out what you're trying to say at times. If any of this isn't really an answer to what you're trying to ask, that's why.

The issues that I appear to be encountering are focused around the majority of the tutorials being focused around BW1. Here is where I am at. I am using EON Timer for hitting times including in calibration. In the DS Parameters, I am hitting the exact second consistently. My IV results have been failures every time however using the Seed from the IV time that I am aiming for my PID results are coming out correctly. Based upon this, although not stated in any of the reading that I have done that the Seed used for the PID generation is independent from the Timer0 and more importantly its generation is less random.
The tutorials are focused on BW1 because the only real difference is the larger range of timer0s. BW1 has two per game per system. With BW2 that number can be as high as 10 or more.

IVs and PID are in fact both generated from the same seed, which is generated from, among other things, your timer0 (however, they are advanced separately for most things). If you're aiming for an IV frame of 1 (i.e., no advancements) and didn't get the right IVs, then you missed your seed and, therefore, your timer0. If you think you hit the right PID, but didn't get the right IVs, then you're wrong.

Still with this being said, the Timer0 is still a pivotal element to RNG'ing a perfect set of IV's. Based upon the videos that I am seeing, people are making it sounds like you can consistently hit the same Timer0. The only element that would allow for this is if the Timer0 was based off of a millisecond count. Physical reaction time to push to launch the game (especially if the EON Timer is being used) will also calibrate the more frequent that a person performs this task (from a biological study.) Still, for those of us in similar shoes (or heels) as mine, our response time for this practice is not a matter of muscle memory as of yet. So, I do not appear to be hitting my Timer0 ever.
The part about physical reaction time being important was more true in 4th gen (except with delay instead of timer0). You can be exact and stil get varying results. Hence the phrase "timer0 trolling". The best way to go is to keep trying.

The reason that I asked about checking for an individual day's results is because it would be nice to have a way of establishing which Timer0 you arrived on after a failure. It would also allow you to confirm if you hit the correct second. It appears to be the only way to do that is to do another calibration of parameters in RNG Reporter.
5th Gen Tools > Adjacent Seed Tool.

There's also Chatot calls to confirm a correct seed, listed on the main window.

if I am not mistaken in order to coordinate a perfect set of IV's with a Shiny PID, is it not necessary for frame advancement is almost always all the time without having to listen to Chatot several thousand times?

If you're asking whether shinies require thousands of Chatots, then no, not unless you're incredibly unlucky and/or stubborn on a particular seed. Synchronizers make wild shinies easier, and BW1 shiny breeding is a joke. BW2 breeding, on the other hand, is broken, so that's not happening any time soon.

Not sure if anyone's tried/succeeded at this, but... I'm trying to RNG my ID/SID in White2. I followed the guide here, hearing that it works with the sequels? (And I've successfully RNGed my ID/SID in both Blake & White.)

Anyways, following that method, I found this seed that gets me my ID and should allow me to try for a Shiny starter (assuming the wandering NPCs don't screw me over):

Frame: 34 (Starter: True)
Initial frame: 30
ID/SID: 52091 / 18921
My Parameters: VCount = 82, VFrame = 6, GxStat = 6, timer0 = 10F5

So, with a few tries, I eventually hit my seed. However, the initial frame and frame are different than the ID Seed I found (according to the Seed Finder option in Pandora's Box):

Frame: 40 (Starter: N/A)
Initial frame: 40
ID/SID: 22291 / 41363
timer0 = 10F5

So, of course, I got a different ID/SID. Why/how did I get initial frame = 40 when I thought it should be 30 according to the Pandora's Box ID Search function? Is there something I'm supposed to account for with the sequels that I didn't know about? Or why did I land a different initial frame than what the ID Search function suggested, in spite of the program being sure I landed the same seed?

Thanks. (Also, is there a suggested number of advancements I should shoot for when trying to get a Shiny Starter in B2/W2? Like, to account for the wandering NPCs?)
I'm pretty sure I stated in the guide that the initial frame listed by Pandora's Box is wrong :p You're supposed to hit your seed and advance the ID frame 0 times to find out your initial frame manually, and then use that to find out how many advancements you need. Since your target is lower than your initial frame, you'll have to find a new seed.

In B2W2 I've noticed that the starting frames for ID seeds seem to be higher than they were in BW. I suggest searching for a new seed with a minimum target frame of 40.

Also, since there are a lot of NPCs in Aspertia City, you'd want a shiny target frame that's relatively close to the initial frame of your seed. I got my starter (non shiny, though, but I still hit a target PID frame) on a frame that was 2 frames past my initial by mashing A when I got into the game, so I would say try to find a target PID that's two frames past your initial and hope the NPCs advance those 2 frames for you. If not, resave to change their starting positions and that might change their advancements.

Thanks for the post break, Princess.

There's no tutorial (I'm aware of) to calibrate using the Unova Link in RNG Reporter. Here's a guide, but it is for PPRNG.
Truth be told, I was planning to post a quick mini-guide that day for some of the..."pickier" posters, but then I found the glitch so there was really no point. However, it's pretty much the exact same as in that PPRNG guide, with the exception of where to find the window in the first place. And of course, what it looks like.

Hello, sorry for bothering with more questions.

I am trying to RNG a perfect Deerling on Route 6, and I assume that the multitude of Wandering NPCs are interfering with my PIDRNG.

I had noticed that on one particular instance, my initial frame had overshot by 3(due to Wandering NPCs, I assume), and I overshot my target frame by 7 after taking into account the change in initial frame. A simpler overview...

Supposed Initial Frame: 53
Actual Initial Frame Hit: 56
Target Frame: 78
(At this time, I assumed that Wandering NPC would increase frame by 3 again)
Supposed Frame Hit: 75
Actual Frame Hit: 82

With this information, am I able to safely assume that Wandering NPCs will always offset my frames by 7 during the Sweet Scent animation when I hit my target seed? Or is this another unfounded assumption of mine? Try as I might, I have been unable to hit the actual frame of 56 again, while applying my offset of 7, so I was wondering if advances in the PIDRNG will affect the movement of Wandering NPCs.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
The internet in the house has been problematic this week. Today, I have watched bearsfan092's video as well as read over the out-dated Smogon's guide. Terminology is not a concern. I went to a video game development program in my college days.

Still with this being said, the Timer0 is still a pivotal element to RNG'ing a perfect set of IV's. Based upon the videos that I am seeing, people are making it sounds like you can consistently hit the same Timer0. The only element that would allow for this is if the Timer0 was based off of a millisecond count. Physical reaction time to push to launch the game (especially if the EON Timer is being used) will also calibrate the more frequent that a person performs this task (from a biological study.) Still, for those of us in similar shoes (or heels) as mine, our response time for this practice is not a matter of muscle memory as of yet. So, I do not appear to be hitting my Timer0 ever. The reason that I asked about checking for an individual day's results is because it would be nice to have a way of establishing which Timer0 you arrived on after a failure. It would also allow you to confirm if you hit the correct second. It appears to be the only way to do that is to do another calibration of parameters in RNG Reporter.

This is my current frustration. Since I am not hitting my IV's, it is logical to want to know what went wrong.

@voodoo_pimp, if I am not mistaken in order to coordinate a perfect set of IV's with a Shiny PID, is it not necessary for frame advancement is almost always all the time without having to listen to Chatot several thousand times?

This blows. I do not currently own a copy of BW1. My 3DS and games with all stolen. *sigh* I have my saves thanks to my NDS Adapter... give or take a day or two. So, according to this, breeding cannot be done. I have every intent on replacing my games just right now is not ideal.

The Encounter Table could really use some names. Also, I noticed that at the DragonSpiral Tower it lists Wigglytuff instead of Tranquill.
As you mentioned, calibrating with the incorrect IVs can tell you what went wrong. You can also use the Adjacent Seed Tool, or the Simple Seed Generator if you want to look for something specific.

As for getting good IVs and shiny, you shouldn't need to look for frames in the thousands. By using 0-3 keypresses, and possibly searching multiple months/years, you should be able to find a shiny PID in combination with good IVs on a much lower frame.

I know you're a VGC player, so keep in mind that if there's anything you need that you're unable to get yourself, such as bred Pokémon, other VGC players can help you out.

I'm pretty sure I stated in the guide that the initial frame listed by Pandora's Box is wrong :p You're supposed to hit your seed and advance the ID frame 0 times to find out your initial frame manually, and then use that to find out how many advancements you need. Since your target is lower than your initial frame, you'll have to find a new seed.
Ah, my bad - I thought you were referring to the 28" that's automatically set-up in Pandora's Box. Thanks a bunch for the help - I shall now continue my endeavor and see if I can make it work.

EDIT: Actually... wait a sec - how am I supposed to search for a new ID seed if the initial frame is unreliable? I mean, the seed I originally found had initial frame 30 (for example - supposed to give ID: 52091). Yet, when I did hit that seed, the initial frame turned out to be 40 (which means my ID is 22291). So, I need a completely new seed not just because the shiny frame is below the initial frame, but also because it gives the wrong ID, right? So how do I find a seed that gets me the initial frame that gets me the ID I need? XD Sorry for all the questions... or maybe I just completely misunderstood you? >.<

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
EDIT: Actually... wait a sec - how am I supposed to search for a new ID seed if the initial frame is unreliable? I mean, the seed I originally found had initial frame 30 (for example - supposed to give ID: 52091). Yet, when I did hit that seed, the initial frame turned out to be 40 (which means my ID is 22291). So, I need a completely new seed not just because the shiny frame is below the initial frame, but also because it gives the wrong ID, right? So how do I find a seed that gets me the initial frame that gets me the ID I need? XD Sorry for all the questions... or maybe I just completely misunderstood you? >.<
You may need to try a few different seeds until you get one that works.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Well I have another question now that my previous one has been answered. I have an amoonguss in a hidden grotto and was wondering if I can manipulate the IV's for it? If so do I consider it a stationary pokemon? This could be a stupid question haha.
It's a Hidden Grotto encounter type that's one of the options.

since nobody told me anything, I'm quoting myself to make sure somebody sees this.
It's been fixed and will be fixed in the next Reporter release.

The Encounter Table that's on the todo list but is really low priority.

If I am understanding this correct, I need to establish ALL the possible Timer0 values that my Black 2 wants to use. From there, *cross my fingers*, I can only hope that one Timer0 is more consistent than the others. It seems for BW2 the amount of times needed to calibrate will be next to ridiculous.

Following the theft of my 3DS and all my 4th/5th Gen Pokemon, I was pretty much limited to grabbing a DSi XL and Black 2. It sounds like RNG Abuse on BW1 is far easier if the Timer0 is pretty much 50/50. (Thankfully, I should be able to replace my BW1 by the end of January at latest. I also have a friend in Japan who will help me replace my Black 1 Japanese so I can RNG the dream world starters.)

I am looking for information on how much the Frame is adjusted by NPC's.

I still very much would like to learn how to do this so that if I need any last minute team substitutions, I am not limited.

I know you're a VGC player, so keep in mind that if there's anything you need that you're unable to get yourself, such as bred Pokémon, other VGC players can help you out.
Speaking of this, I noticed those Female Hidden Ability Eevee. It was my understanding this is not possible. If so, I so need one of them!

Latias/Latios in dreamyard

I'm having an issue with rng on Latias for my game. I've been trying to rng it as a stationary pokemon but I heard that there's NPC Advancement counted towered it. How do you calculate how many frames advance with that legendary pokemon?

I also have a friend in Japan who will help me replace my Black 1 Japanese so I can RNG the dream world starters.)
Isnt the event for that long past? And dont you only get one starter when you do the event?

Also, emboars, your suggestion fixed my problem and I got my Deerling so thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 29)