1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Agonist

Agonist You were my last great war, you were my heaven ablaze
    is a Forum Moderator

Yes, yes, and yes. Also, why do you keep using we?
  2. kiddu

kiddu

That part's a glitch.

That part's completely normal, and to be expected. Make sure to click the Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame button before generating for Wondercards.
  3. Gonzo

Gonzo

Is it possible to remove weather effects in BW2? The season changing method from BW doesn't work at all :/
  4. Agonist

Agonist You were my last great war, you were my heaven ablaze
    is a Forum Moderator

apparently changing the clock to your birthday will get rid of the fog on Route 14, but I haven't confirmed it. As for the other locations, I've got no clue. Most of the worthwile Pokemon that can be captured in those locations can be found in other locations, or in BW1.
  5. ll3acll

ll3acll

hi every 1, im just starting out on learning how to rng abuse but i do not own a ds original nor a ds lite. does any one know where i can learn to rng abuse in pokemon black on a dsi. thank you.
  6. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Doing it on a DSi is basically the same; the only major difference is that there's no second hand on the clock, so you have to have some other way of keeping track of seconds.
  7. IceSoul

IceSoul

Hi Smogon. I'm trying to RNG in White 2 but I just can't seem to hit my seed no matter what I do. I'm trying to capture Reshiram but the IVs and Nature always come a lot off. Tried on both DS Lite and 3DS. Anyone knows what's going on?
  8. jp134711

jp134711

How did you calibrate your timer0? It's good to calibrate it at least 20 times just to get an idea of what your timer0 should be. That's only about 75% of the work. The other 25% is patience.
  9. IceSoul

IceSoul

Twice with button presses and twice without them. I'll do the calibration step a couple of times to see how it turned out. Thanks.
  10. hotdogturtle

hotdogturtle

Wait, you can reliably control the PID in the Entralink? How? That really would have helped when I was getting my Timid Misdreavus >_>
  11. jp134711

jp134711

Do it without button presses. It's easier that way. You can always add button presses when you ask TimeFinder for seeds (and you can use the same calibration without button presses - at least that's how I've done it in the past, and I've had no issues).
  12. SuperKirbyFan

SuperKirbyFan

I've edited this post since a few hours ago, so anyone who read it before the edit should read it again as it's not the same question as before.

So I'm trying to RNG for an Adamant Chlorophyll Deerling with IVs of 31/31/31/Any/31/31. After hours of trying and failing on Black 2, I gave up with that and went back to my Black 1, where I was more used to it. As this was my first day using the new version of RNG Reporter, I had to put my info in again. I'm using an English Black 1 with a 3DS. I calibrated it twice just to be sure I got it right, and put the info in my profile.

On the Time Finder I put the Method as IVs Standard Seed, Encounter Type Wild Pokemon, and Encounter Slots 1 and 3, I looked it up and those are both Deerling. I then put in the IVs/Nature/Ability, and put the Gender as Any gender, Ratio as 50% M/50% F. In all of 2012 I got no results, same with 2013. 2014 I got three.

I went and put the seed from the first one into the main screen of RNG Reporter. I put the Method as Gen 5 PIDRNG, Encounter Type Wild Pokemon, Synchronize Lead None, Max Results 100000, I put in my ID and Secret ID, and I have already caught Tornadus in my game. (Does this mean I should click Roamer Released? I would've thought I shouldn't click it, which is what I did). I clicked calculate initial PIDRNG frame, clicked Generate, and filtered it to only show results with Encounter Slot 1 or 3, Ability 0, and Adamant nature. Gender I put as Don't Care/Genderless.

Then I went to catch it. My lead is a Terrakion, so he doesn't have Cute Charm, Synchronize, or Suction Cups. I was saved in the Dragonspiral Tower entrance (right above Icirrus) so there weren't any wandering NPCs around. I made sure to press A on the game 8 seconds before my target time, I didn't hold any keypresses, I made sure C-Gear was off, and I made sure to get into the menu quick even though there weren't any wandering NPCs. I listened to Chatot (with a custom cry) the correct number of times to advance the frame, and then used Sweet Scent.

Not only was the pokemon it gave me not a Deerling, but it didn't even have any 31 IVs! I tried again to make sure I didn't miscount, same thing. The pokemon I got wasn't even on one of the nearby frames. Then I tried both of the other results that the Time Finder gave me, and both worked out similarly to the first.

I apologize for the enormous post, but I figured the more information I give the easier it'll be for you guys to help me. At this point the only things I can think of are the Roamer Box I mentioned above, and I've also heard the phrase "getting Timer0 trolled" in this context, so if it's something with that i don't know about it. If it means anything, I've only ever seen myself having one Timer0. If you want I can provide screenshots, of my DS or of RNG Reporter. Thanks in advance.
  13. ll3acll

ll3acll

THANKS, but now im having another problem. every time i try to find my dsi's parameter idont get any results. my dsi time is perfectly synced to a external clock and i put in all the correct information but i still get no results. somtimes it gives me results but rarely. i always press a after the white nintendo logo when he gamefreak logo glimmers. some 1 please help me with this problem.
  14. emboars

emboars

if the ivs doesnt match you didnt hit the seed...(timer0 trolling) or you didnt advance the ivframe (if you chose an iv frame greater than 1.)
  15. SuperKirbyFan

SuperKirbyFan

I know it's not the IV frame, I specifically made sure it was 1. What can I do to hit my seed then, seeing as starting the game at the right time/date without keypresses isn't enough? Should I go recalibrate until I can get a different Timer0 and then try with that one? Thats all I can think of.
  16. Radiant Miku

Radiant Miku

I successfully RNGed everything in BW1, and now I'm about to start RNGing in my Black 2 as well... From what I've read, BW2 is different because has a wider range of Timer0... What is it and how can it be corrected/controlled?
  17. tyons

tyons

I found an error in RNG reporter. it is connected to the fast IV searching thing.
    I searched for a flawless IV spread for a pokemon in the entralink by putting the Min/Max Frame range from 25 to 30, so it would use the fast searching.
    it found a seed that I already found last week, which had a flawless spread at frame 5, but the time finder told me that there were two flawless spreads, one at frame 27 and one at 29. I controlled and it isn't true. here's a screen.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

I run the search again by putting 25 and 31 as the Min/Max Frame range and it found nothing. I'm pretty sure this is an evidence that the problem is in the "IVs fast searching" function.

ah, I almost forgot:

18. kiddu

kiddu

The best thing you can do is keep trying until you hit the right timer0. That's just how it is. You have Chatot chatters to confirm your seed, at least, and a 50/50 shot in BW1 as opposed to the average 1/10 chances in BW2.
  19. honchkro13

honchkro13

I'm about to RNG a Modest 31/2/31/31/31/31 Genesect in my Memory Linked Black 2. Time Finder says I have to reach frame 96.

When I plug the seed and check Black White 2? and Memory Link?, input the above IV spread, select Wondercard (5th gen) and hit Generate, it says I need to hit frame 94, not 96. I checked my Black 2 profile and the Memory Link box is checked.

Which one is right? Thanks in advance!
  20. Uiru

Uiru

94. I dunno why but I had the same issue when I was getting Genesect.
    ~Uiru
  21. Professor Birch

Professor Birch

Can the event Genesect be shiny? Thats my next target.
  22. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

23. honchkro13

honchkro13

Thanks, but for some reason, the value I found in Time Finder turned out to be the correct one. I wonder why...
  24. TheAllyKat

TheAllyKat

I really would love some Video Tutorials for learning to RNG Abuse on BW2. I have never done it before and so far I have had no results that indicate that I am doing this right.

I would love some assistance with both Calibration methods.

For starters, I am confused about advancing the Frame versus the PID Frame. Or how to find out what I hit when my capture is wrong.

Also, what can't you time find to an individual day?

What's the difference between GLAN Wondercard and non-GLAN Wondercard?? Which one is Genesect?

Finally when will Windows application have a check for the Shiny Charm?
  25. Traynor

Traynor

I am getting an error whenever i select the Black and White 2 Checkbox and try to generate a breeding seed for Black and White. It only does it when I generate and only for BW breeding, no others. It is the latest version

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at RNGReporter.Objects.FrameCompare.Compare(Frame frame)
    at RNGReporter.Objects.FrameGenerator.Generate(FrameCompare frameCompare, UInt32 id, UInt32 sid)
    at RNGReporter.MainForm.Generate()
    at RNGReporter.MainForm.buttonGenerate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

1. chiizu