5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hello!

I would like more information about the timer0. I was used to rng in black and white 1. And I nerver had problems with the timer0. But now, I try to abuse my ID/SID and my starter. I found my seed, and i cannot hit it because it seems that the timer0 is fluctuating... That makes me crazy.

Is is going to do the same when I will RNG pokemon later in the game? Reset again and again to hit the good timer0? Is there a way to control the timer0 that you hit???

Thanks!!!

(And again thank you for this tool)

Isnt the event for that long past? And dont you only get one starter when you do the event?

Also, emboars, your suggestion fixed my problem and I got my Deerling so thanks.
Pokemon can be injected into the Entree Forest if you download your save file. The next issue is simply the date and that is set the same way as RNG Abuse is done to begin with. Besides, I have a handful of them still in my Entree Forest on my game from the actual events.

I would like more information about the timer0. I was used to rng in black and white 1. And I nerver had problems with the timer0. But now, I try to abuse my ID/SID and my starter. I found my seed, and i cannot hit it because it seems that the timer0 is fluctuating... That makes me crazy.
You must be talking about BW2! If you have read any of my posts over the past few pages or the thread topic, you would see that BW2 have 10+ Timer0's instead of the 2 per cartridge that BW1 have. As a matter of fact, tonight while attempting to RNG my first BW2 Pokemon, I have encountered 9 of my cartridges Timer0's.

Yeah, it's that I was afraid of. So the only solution is to calibrate again and again to find the timer0 that come out the more often. And make the reset the game again and again until fainding the good timer0...

It's very ... enoying.

i fastly read your previous posts, so do you think the timer0 is link to the moment you start the game. So, in 1 seconde, if you press sooner or later the button to start your game in this second you will have a timer0 different.

Yeah, it's that I was afraid of. So the only solution is to calibrate again and again to find the timer0 that come out the more often. And make the reset the game again and again until fainding the good timer0...

It's very ... enoying.

i fastly read your previous posts, so do you think the timer0 is link to the moment you start the game. So, in 1 seconde, if you press sooner or later the button to start your game in this second you will have a timer0 different.
The Timer0 is complicated. For me, I have calibrated 10 times and always get a Timer0 of 1F03. Now when I go to RNG, I only hit my seed once. It is just how the game is. Keep trying and trying. Dont keep recalibrating for different parameters. The Timer0 will fluctuate and you cant do anything to prevent that.

Yes, by recalibrating, I mean try to find the timer0 that come out the more often.

I was hoping that someone know a technic to fix the timer0.

Anyway, thank you for your help ^^

Hey, quick couple of questions: I'm trying to RNG something with a guaranteed 31 IV stat on the wondercard - specifically, kanto eggs from the Japanese sticker event, and I was wondering if anything changes in the RNG process because of the IV stat? I've been trying several different spreads, but I can't seem to get it to work.

For reference: I downloaded the .pgf off Project Pokemon, used a Dongle/gen to get it onto a retail cart (in this case, a spare Black cartridge), and have been RNGing it if it were a normal wondercard. Since I've RNGed wondercards on BW2 before without learning anything new, I figured nothing was particularly different about the process/no harm would come from putting the wondercard on a Black/White instead of BW2. It also occurred to me I may have problems because it's a Japanese wondercard on an English cart, but I'm not sure if that's true.

For the most part, those are the only variables I can think of that would be giving me such inconsistent spreads after so many attempts, but I thought someone who knew more about RNG may be a better opinion on that.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
of this, I noticed those Female Hidden Ability Eevee. It was my understanding this is not possible. If so, I so need one of them!
It's possible through the Japan-exclusive Café Forest promotion, so if you're getting a Japanese game to do the starters you can do that too. If you'd rather trade, send me a VM/PM.

It's very ... enoying.

The time when you start the game is part of it. There are still other variables involved so you won't always get the same results, but it will be more consistent.
Hey, quick couple of questions: I'm trying to RNG something with a guaranteed 31 IV stat on the wondercard - specifically, kanto eggs from the Japanese sticker event, and I was wondering if anything changes in the RNG process because of the IV stat? I've been trying several different spreads, but I can't seem to get it to work.

For reference: I downloaded the .pgf off Project Pokemon, used a Dongle/gen to get it onto a retail cart (in this case, a spare Black cartridge), and have been RNGing it if it were a normal wondercard. Since I've RNGed wondercards on BW2 before without learning anything new, I figured nothing was particularly different about the process/no harm would come from putting the wondercard on a Black/White instead of BW2. It also occurred to me I may have problems because it's a Japanese wondercard on an English cart, but I'm not sure if that's true.

For the most part, those are the only variables I can think of that would be giving me such inconsistent spreads after so many attempts, but I thought someone who knew more about RNG may be a better opinion on that.
I'm pretty sure that fixed IVs don't affect the rest of the RNG, so most likely it's a problem of you using the incorrect game. Also note that it won't be legal even if you succeed for that reason.

I am looking for information on how much the Frame is adjusted by NPC's.
I'm having an issue with rng on Latias for my game. I've been trying to rng it as a stationary pokemon but I heard that there's NPC Advancement counted towered it. How do you calculate how many frames advance with that legendary pokemon?
NPC advancements vary. They'll stay consistent per seed per save, but change either of those and the advancements will change as well. When RNGing where NPC advancements are an issue (like the Lati in the Dreamyard), you need to first try to hit your seed and collect your target without advancing the PIDRNG (generally meaning no Chatot calls), confirm that the IVs are correct, then find which PID frame you hit on RNG Reporter and adjust your required frame advances accordingly.

For instance, if you were aiming for a PID frame of 75 and RNG Reporter lists your initial frame as 58, but the target you get without advances lands on frame 67, you would need to hit your seed again and advance 9 frames instead of 17.

I'm going to try one more time to recalibrate my game. Where is the best spot to do that. I used Victory Road but just found out that there are moving NPC's where I am. Please respon quick. I want to get it done before my power goes out.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I'm going to try one more time to recalibrate my game. Where is the best spot to do that. I used Victory Road but just found out that there are moving NPC's where I am. Please respon quick. I want to get it done before my power goes out.
NPCs do not affect the calibration process. You can calibrate there if you want

I'm pretty sure that fixed IVs don't affect the rest of the RNG, so most likely it's a problem of you using the incorrect game. Also note that it won't be legal even if you succeed for that reason.
Fair enough. I have switched to using White 2, though for the most part I planned on hatching the egg on a Japanese Black 2 anyway so that the origin data, trainer memos, and all other legality issues convert to a possible owner once it hatches.

Good to hear that nothing seems to change the RNG process, provided it's on the right cart - now all I have to worry about is W2 timer0 inconsistencies. Thanks for your reply - it's much appreciated.

When I was RNGing a Flocessy Ranch Riolu, I was able to get on the seed and predict which PID frame I would start on, but after sweetscenting, I found predicting where I would land wasn't easy. Do the NPCs advance the PID even while you're sweetscenting? (I did get the Riolu, btw--just wanted to know what's up with sweetscenting, if anything.)

The last times I found parameters I had a Timer0 of 10F3. When I go to RNG I can never hit that. All I can think is to recalibrate one more time to see if another Timer0 pops up

The last times I found parameters I had a Timer0 of 10F3. When I go to RNG I can never hit that. All I can think is to recalibrate one more time to see if another Timer0 pops up
Did you keep track of what timer0 you did hit while doing your RNG? Keeping track does the same job as calibrating. You'll see during your RNG attempts the range of your timer0.

Edit your profile to include a wide timer0 range. Use IV checker to estimate the pokemon IVs on your latest attempt. Use adjacent finger to check which timer0 you landed on. Reset. Meanwhile, you continue to RNG and try to hit your seed, rather than waste time calibrating again.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
When I was RNGing a Flocessy Ranch Riolu, I was able to get on the seed and predict which PID frame I would start on, but after sweetscenting, I found predicting where I would land wasn't easy. Do the NPCs advance the PID even while you're sweetscenting? (I did get the Riolu, btw--just wanted to know what's up with sweetscenting, if anything.)
Yes, WNPCs move during the Sweet Scent animation too.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Yes, WNPCs move during the Sweet Scent animation too.
Also keep in mind that their movements (and therefore advancements) may vary depending on the frame when you Sweet Scent, so you may have to adjust your advances multiple times, or even find that your target is unhittable - if that's the case, save and try again so the NPCs start from different positions.

Also keep in mind that their movements (and therefore advancements) may vary depending on the frame when you Sweet Scent, so you may have to adjust your advances multiple times, or even find that your target is unhittable - if that's the case, save and try again so the NPCs start from different positions.
Thanks. I've taken to making screen shots to keep track of sweet scent results. I haven't seen any changes due to different NPC positions during a save, but I'll remember it may mess up other attempts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)