5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I have a pretty simple question. Is it possible (in White 2) to control which wild pokemon you encounter in an area? Changing the encounter slot to the corresponding pokemon doesn't give me any different results. I'm hitting the exact seed(s) I'm going for but it seems to give me every pokemon in the area besides the one I'm looking for. Any tips?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I have a pretty simple question. Is it possible (in White 2) to control which wild pokemon you encounter in an area? Changing the encounter slot to the corresponding pokemon doesn't give me any different results. I'm hitting the exact seed(s) I'm going for but it seems to give me every pokemon in the area besides the one I'm looking for. Any tips?
It's pretty easy actually; you just need to advance the PIDRNG. You're going to need at least one chatot with chatter for this.

Copy the seed you're using onto the main page. Select the method "Gen 5 PID RNG" Click on the box that indicates you're playing W2, and any other that apply. Click on calculate initial PIDRNG frame. Click Generate.

If you use a custom chatter, every time you see its summary the PID frame will advance by one. Find a frame that has the encounter slot you need, as well as nature, gender and ability.

Advance the frames till your target frame and ta da'!

Well, I have a question.

I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96.5, I downloaded it a couple days ago, and started it today up. After I closed it, it said there was an error, that he can't save the settings. Then after 2 seconds, another windows opened up (after I closed the Error and RNG reporter), it said the program has problems and is gonna run next time on Compatible mode next time, how can you fix this? I have Windows 7, so it should work! :s

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
Have you installed Microsoft .NET framework 4.5? There is a link in the first post of this topic, in the hide box at the top. If you have installed it already, you may need to restart your computer.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
First of all, the newest version is 9.96.5 Beta. So how about try to use it instead of the (seemingly) outdated one?
Second, if you want your problem solved, don't be lazy.
Third, what was your problem again? Can you elaborate please? :p

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Are you using Windows XP?
What Operating System was it?
According to the first post, Windows XP is no longer supported.

If it doesn't work eventually, I'm sorry but there's nothing I can do :(

It's a school laptop... I can't use Microsoft .NET framework 4.5 or RGN 9.96.5 Beta....

I can use 9.95, but it doesn't seem like the right one...

Keypresses should be held during the first screens as you load the game, that is the white screen as soon as you load the game and the two black screens which follow it. I find it's best to hold them until after the star explodes which says gamefreak.

I've rnged my TID/SID in black and found it relatively easy. I don't know if anything has changed in BW2 though.

May I ask why you want to rng your TID/SID in Black 2? If your doing it for a low shiny frame, there's really no point as you can't do egg abuse in BW2.
I'm trying to Rng my TID/SID because I haven't done that kind of Rng yet. Rng is fun.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
It's a school laptop... I can't use Microsoft .NET framework 4.5 or RGN 9.96.5 Beta....

I can use 9.95, but it doesn't seem like the right one...
Here is the latest version that works without .NET framework 4.5. It does not support B/W2 except for the JP carts, and who knows what else might be wrong...

Hey all,

So, I've RNG'd my TID/SID in a new game on Black 2. I have a designated shiny frame to hit for my shiny starter (hex flawless trick room Tepig). Just wondering if anyone has done this before and has any suggestions on how to hit the frame, what with the five wandering NPCs advancing your PID frame. >:(
I've only even hit my timer0 twice out of about ten attempts. I got my initial PID (or at least as initial as it can be--by mashing A to begin the dialogue with Bell), and it's 57. I need to hit 79.
Any help would be appreciated. :)

Thanks!

So i posted earlier about having trouble finding the right pokemon while abusing for IVs. Now i am able to hit the right seed and find the right pokemon with the right nature by advancing the frame, but it will have the wrong IVs. I'm not sure what i am doing wrong. I have read that abusing the PID and IVs at the same time are not possible, but nothing was mentioned about what seed was used or anything like that. I am now just considering finding a pile of seeds to search through to get the pokemon i want. Is this pretty much what i will have to do? I'll try any suggestions you guys can come up with.

Thanks, but it looks almost like 9.95. ^^;
I'm still having trouble figuring this stuff out. Could anyone please walk me through it? <:(

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
So i posted earlier about having trouble finding the right pokemon while abusing for IVs. Now i am able to hit the right seed and find the right pokemon with the right nature by advancing the frame, but it will have the wrong IVs. I'm not sure what i am doing wrong. I have read that abusing the PID and IVs at the same time are not possible, but nothing was mentioned about what seed was used or anything like that. I am now just considering finding a pile of seeds to search through to get the pokemon i want. Is this pretty much what i will have to do? I'll try any suggestions you guys can come up with.
Hi there! I'm pretty sure what's going on here.

Remember at first you were getting the wrong pokemon but with the IVs you wanted? Then I told you to switch to Gen 5 PID rng, which you did, ans where able to find the right pokemon but the Ivs are wrong.

If I'm right, you looked for another seed using the PID method. don't.

You need to look for a standard seed so you can get the Ivs you want, then when you hit the seed, you witch to PID so you get the pokemon you want.

To sum it up; look for a standard seed but to catch the pokemon use the PID RNG frames, this in the main page only.

Hi there! I'm pretty sure what's going on here.

Remember at first you were getting the wrong pokemon but with the IVs you wanted? Then I told you to switch to Gen 5 PID rng, which you did, ans where able to find the right pokemon but the Ivs are wrong.

If I'm right, you looked for another seed using the PID method. don't.

You need to look for a standard seed so you can get the Ivs you want, then when you hit the seed, you witch to PID so you get the pokemon you want.

To sum it up; look for a standard seed but to catch the pokemon use the PID RNG frames, this in the main page only.
Ok, so if i am not mistaken, find the seed using the time finder, then copy the seed over to the main page where it says Seed (Hex), calculate initial frame, figure out my actual starting frame by catching the first wild pokemon i see without advancing the frame, then do it again (this time advancing the frame to the target frame). If so, thats what i am doing. Is there anything else i could be missing? Thanks for helping me out as much as you have already. If you can't already tell, i am very new to this. The only pokemon i have rng'd are Reshiram, Kyurem and Dratini (gift).

You shall not double-post when editing is an option.

You don't necessary need to find out your shifted starting frame when you are able to tell it from listening to the Chatots' pitches. It requires a bit practice, though.
Also, your starting frame will not shift when there are no randomly moving NPCs in that area (with the exception of BW2 Kyurem).
The shiny Dratini has the issue that the frame is shifted not at the beginning but after talking to Benga - a problem you probably haven't realized because you don't listen to Chatots. Same thing for the shiny Haxorus and Amanita's Eevee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)