5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I've recalibrated, found a new seed, but I still haven't hit it.
My DSi's R button is broken in a way that it thinks I'm constantly holding it down, so could that mess up my keypresses?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
if you're not supposed to hold the R button, and you think that it is actually pressing down, yes. That could be messing up your keypresses, unfortunately,

Well I guess that means I have to use my 3DS, which I really don't want to do because of Join Avenue and stuff.
Anyways, another silly question: what do I put in for the calibration section of Eontimer? I've had it on -95 for a while, but I don't think it's helping anymore.

Well I guess that means I have to use my 3DS, which I really don't want to do because of Join Avenue and stuff.
Anyways, another silly question: what do I put in for the calibration section of Eontimer? I've had it on -95 for a while, but I don't think it's helping anymore.
Oh I see... Yes the calibration value doesn't really affect the standard seed. You would need a very large value for it to throw off the results.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
How does the cute charm lead works? I want to go for a shiny eevee and I require a cute charm lead (50% M), what's the meaning of that?
It means your target must be a pokemon with a gender ratio of 50% male, and unfortunately Eevee is 87.5% male (and consequently 12.5% female at the same time)...

The nature of entralink pokes is set when you first talk to it or when you press yes (after the if you want this Poke to join your party text). Can someone confirm which is true please

Princess Emily

If you talk to it, you are given 2 choices of Yes & No.

Then if you choose Yes, the nature is set if you catch it right away.

So it's set once you press yes rather than when you first interact with it? Only asking because I keep waiting right up until the timer has finished before speaking, and obviously it's movements are making the PIDRNG advance, potentially past my target.

Princess Emily

When you interact with it, the least it can do is to stop it from moving, which advances the PID in a random manner. Because entralink mons are considered to be wandering NPCs too.

However, the constant PID advances still happen--- until you press Yes.

Help

Right, Im very new to Rng, Ive only just started looking into it, and Im really not sure what Im doing.
Im not very good with technical terms, so if you could explain stuff in simpleton terms it would be appreciated ^^'
All I want is a dream world vulpix from the hidden grotto in abundant shrine [field] but I dont know what Im doing!
Help? :)

Microphone Problem

Hi, I just started RNGing in Black Version 1 on my DS lite. I've got my timer0s and even successfully advanced frames in an empty cave to catch a 31/6/30/31/31/31 Modest Deino (using the save method). I really want to start abusing for eggs, however once I acquired chatots, I discoverd the microphone was broken on my DS. As I understand it, I can still advance the frames by switching between the two chatots in summary, but I will have no way of listening for different pitches since chatter recorded only silence. I know the WNPCs in the area throw the frames off a little each time, is it reasonable to try and frame advance without the pitches as a guide of what frame you're starting on, or should I just wait until I get my mic fixed or get a new DS?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Hi, I just started RNGing in Black Version 1 on my DS lite. I've got my timer0s and even successfully advanced frames in an empty cave to catch a 31/6/30/31/31/31 Modest Deino (using the save method). I really want to start abusing for eggs, however once I acquired chatots, I discoverd the microphone was broken on my DS. As I understand it, I can still advance the frames by switching between the two chatots in summary, but I will have no way of listening for different pitches since chatter recorded only silence. I know the WNPCs in the area throw the frames off a little each time, is it reasonable to try and frame advance without the pitches as a guide of what frame you're starting on, or should I just wait until I get my mic fixed or get a new DS?
You can breed with the pitches, it just troublesome. What you need to do is, when you start the game to collect the egg, do just one chatter and pick up the egg. Hatch it and see what frame is that egg from. Next time you will know where you are since NPCs will move in the same way if you don't save in between tries.

You can breed with the pitches, it just troublesome. What you need to do is, when you start the game to collect the egg, do just one chatter and pick up the egg. Hatch it and see what frame is that egg from. Next time you will know where you are since NPCs will move in the same way if you don't save in between tries.
Thanks a lot!

Hi I am new here. I Rng. This might be wrong place to post,so sorry. I have Pokemon White 2. I have been trying to Rng my ID/SID with Pandora Box. I have only seen guides for Pokemon Black and White. From the research I done if i am correct, White 2 doesn't differ much when Rnging for an ID. If there are any differences I would not know. my timer is 10F4-10F8. I have my calibrations. I have hit 10F5 in the past. I am not looking for a Shiny starter. I would click on Find ID Seed, choose an Id, then proceed to caliberations. I would then click Find Seed Hit. Sometimes I see the time I hit which I did it right, but the Initial frame has always been higher. maybey I'm unlucky. Alot of times When I click Find Seed Hit, Nothing shows up or it says I had hold a button. I do not hold down presses. I'm new to keypresses (don't know when to hold down), I have heard if you do hold a button the Timer0 Advances. When I choose a Trainer Id, i sometimes put it in Find Seed hit just to see the frames, the target frame is usually higher.
I would like to know if anyone else has Rng'ed Their TID in Pokemon Black/White2.

if I am incorrect about something feel free to tell me. other than that, I would like some help with Rnging my white 2 TID.

Hi I am new here. I Rng. This might be wrong place to post,so sorry. I have Pokemon White 2. I have been trying to Rng my ID/SID with Pandora Box. I have only seen guides for Pokemon Black and White. From the research I done if i am correct, White 2 doesn't differ much when Rnging for an ID. If there are any differences I would not know. my timer is 10F4-10F8. I have my calibrations. I have hit 10F5 in the past. I am not looking for a Shiny starter. I would click on Find ID Seed, choose an Id, then proceed to caliberations. I would then click Find Seed Hit. Sometimes I see the time I hit which I did it right, but the Initial frame has always been higher. maybey I'm unlucky. Alot of times When I click Find Seed Hit, Nothing shows up or it says I had hold a button. I do not hold down presses. I'm new to keypresses (don't know when to hold down), I have heard if you do hold a button the Timer0 Advances. When I choose a Trainer Id, i sometimes put it in Find Seed hit just to see the frames, the target frame is usually higher.
I would like to know if anyone else has Rng'ed Their TID in Pokemon Black/White2.

if I am incorrect about something feel free to tell me. other than that, I would like some help with Rnging my white 2 TID.
Keypresses should be held during the first screens as you load the game, that is the white screen as soon as you load the game and the two black screens which follow it. I find it's best to hold them until after the star explodes which says gamefreak.

I've rnged my TID/SID in black and found it relatively easy. I don't know if anything has changed in BW2 though.

May I ask why you want to rng your TID/SID in Black 2? If your doing it for a low shiny frame, there's really no point as you can't do egg abuse in BW2.

Keypresses should be held during the first screens as you load the game, that is the white screen as soon as you load the game and the two black screens which follow it. I find it's best to hold them until after the star explodes which says gamefreak.

I've rnged my TID/SID in black and found it relatively easy. I don't know if anything has changed in BW2 though.

May I ask why you want to rng your TID/SID in Black 2? If your doing it for a low shiny frame, there's really no point as you can't do egg abuse in BW2.
You don't RNG your ID/SID for egg abuse.

You don't RNG your ID/SID for egg abuse.
Low shiny frames, which aren't really neccessary in BW. Or maybe I've just had good luck when it comes to RNG.

I've heard that it's more relevant to fourth gen games, actually. But don't quote me on that since I've only done fifth gen RNG abuse.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
To get good shiny spreads in Gen 4 (and Gen 3) you HAVE to abuse your ID for it (unless you get extremely lucky).

Low shiny frames, which aren't really neccessary in BW. Or maybe I've just had good luck when it comes to RNG.

I've heard that it's more relevant to fourth gen games, actually. But don't quote me on that since I've only done fifth gen RNG abuse.
I think you missed my point here. If you've RNGd your ID, you would know it has nothing to do with breeding like you said above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)