5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Okay can somebody remind why is that I'm still getting Non-shiny pokémon whenever I hit a Shiny PID? I heard about something of inverted XORs, how do I fix this?
My data:
ID: 52210 SID: 65257
C-Gear Seed: 7e2345bb on Emulator
Lower Seed: 7BB1D123
Upper Seed: 9AD5D931
PID Frame I want to hit: 31760

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
"• Once in game, use the MTRNG Check code. Convert the decimal values to hex, and put them into RNG Reporter and generate the spread list.
These are the IVs you will get throughout the course of the game. Proceed to step 3."

Does this mean that the MTRNG code is the same for for every trainer no matter what delay/seed you hit? (Kind of like a second SID)? If so, if I do not have an AR could I get someone to ID/SID abuse for MY ID and then check THEIR MTRNG code? Will it be the same?
Not sure where that came from, I didn't see it on the first page. The answer is no, though.

Okay can somebody remind why is that I'm still getting Non-shiny pokémon whenever I hit a Shiny PID? I heard about something of inverted XORs, how do I fix this?
My data:
ID: 52210 SID: 65257
C-Gear Seed: 7e2345bb on Emulator
Lower Seed: 7BB1D123
Upper Seed: 9AD5D931
PID Frame I want to hit: 31760
The alternate XORs are (likely) based on ID/SID combination. I'm thinking that if you use 22210 as your ID instead, you'll get correct results. I can't be sure of this though, it's just a thought.

Is there a guide out yet for finding one's MTIVRNG without hacking?
You check your IVs to find what you hit. That's all.

Hi, I just got pkm. White and although I don't understand yet how to RNG in this Gen, I'd like to know that if to get a shiny decent legendary pokemon I need to abuse the ID/SID or not?
Case in point, the musketeer trio. I'd love to get them in shiny sprites but I don't know if abusing an ID is necessary so if someone could clear this up for me I'd very grateful. Also, so I know if I need to learn how to abuse IDs or can start my White file :D

Cheers!

Would trying to RNG on the Driftveil Draawbridge change anything when you try to RNG (C-Gear seed)? Or would you do the regular procedure - Hit your target time/delay, advance your frame, catch the pokemon.

Oh ok, so instead of using PIDrng, can I use the RNGreporter 9.0 to search for my PIDs? and If so where's that option?

If I have a seed on Frame 3 then I don't need to advance anything (just sweet scent/talk to Victini) correct? Is there a way to abuse for nature/ability without an AR, assuming I've hit the seed?

If I have a seed on Frame 3 then I don't need to advance anything (just sweet scent/talk to Victini) correct? Is there a way to abuse for nature/ability without an AR, assuming I've hit the seed?
Use a synchronizer and hope for the best. If you turn the C-Gear off as soon as possible and don't get the nature of your synchronizer, turn off the C-Gear as soon as possible the next time but save once before talk to him. Saving advances the PID RNG by 1.

Okay, so I just got my copy of Black tonight. There's nothing I can do at this point to use RNG to get a starter with perfect IV's (or even shininess, for that matter) right?

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
I am reopening this thread, but only under one condition:

All questions must be related to C-Gear RNGing. No asking about RNGing for your starters, your ID\SID, non C-Gear RNGing (which includes RNGing for shinies), etc. If you do, you will be infracted.

We should have a new version of RNG Reporter out by next Sunday, and you can ask those questions then.
This hasn't stopped being true yet.

Hold your horses on ID/SID, starters, shininess, etc.

How exactly do synchronizers work? Do they still advance the PID frame if their ability is activated? So if your PIDRNG is currently 50 or so and on 55 there is a matching nature, does the ability advance the RNG to 55 when encountering the Pokemon?
Is the chance still 50%?

How do I add more seconds to the second timer? <.< When the second timer starts it takes around 8-10 seconds for my game to load. After that I've like 1-2 seconds left to open up CGear which is almost impossible...

On B/W my calibrated second is 22, target second is 24. Calibrated delay is 1000 and target delay is 1108.

Thanks in advance!

// @Kiebin
Thanks, I'll try that. xD

// Mmm, "No match for IVs found" It seems like I'm hitting more than 99 off my delay. :/ Maybe I'll try to catch something else with high delay to see if I can hit any seed at all...

// Nope, I can't hit any seed at all... Time for a break.

How do I add more seconds to the second timer? <.< When the second timer starts it takes around 8-10 seconds for my game to load. After that I've like 1-2 seconds left to open up CGear which is almost impossible...

On B/W my calibrated second is 22, target second is 24. Calibrated delay is 1000 and target delay is 1108.

Thanks in advance!
Insert a lower calibrated delay, I use -70 xD

One question tough.

I find it odd that C-Gear RNG'ing is almost fully covered but non-C-Gear is put on hold.

I thought that Non C-Gear was supposedly easier then C-Gear, am I wrong?

One question tough.

I find it odd that C-Gear RNG'ing is almost fully covered but non-C-Gear is put on hold.

I thought that Non C-Gear was supposedly easier then C-Gear, am I wrong?
Yes, but Non C-Gear RNG'ing is heavily encrypted and as such requires a lot more research, which is currently being done.

Yes, but Non C-Gear RNG'ing is heavily encrypted and as such requires a lot more research, which is currently being done.
So while Non C-Gear is easier to do itself, its hard to know on what basis.
C-Gear is possible but its not easy to do...

One thing I couldn't find yet. Isit possible to C-Gear RNG for Shinyness egg? Or only for IV's ?

So while Non C-Gear is easier to do itself, its hard to know on what basis.
C-Gear is possible but its not easy to do...

One thing I couldn't find yet. Isit possible to C-Gear RNG for Shinyness egg? Or only for IV's ?
For now. Once we find a way to find our DS Parameters for PAL/NA carts, it'll become easier.

For now. Once we find a way to find our DS Parameters for PAL/NA carts, it'll become easier.
So on Jap carts we know? Cause that all I need to know as I use a retail Japanese card at the moment for RNG'ing as I finished E4 on that game.

So on Jap carts we know? Cause that all I need to know as I use a retail Japanese card at the moment for RNG'ing as I finished E4 on that game.
Yep, though I can't explain it to you. Download RNGReporter 9 and find someone who can explain it from there.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Just to confirm, I successfully C-Gear RNG'd on a US version Pokemon White using a US version DSi XL. Using ZomgTimer I tweaked the calibration to -43 and was able to RNG a Victini.

My recommendation is to use C-Gear delays over 1500, since it takes a god awful long time for the game to load to enable you to actually turn on C-Gear.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Just to try to end this thought process, there's no such thing. You can't just arbitrarily change the numbers, they're there in the only way they can be to get the result you're looking for.

Just to confirm, I successfully C-Gear RNG'd on a US version Pokemon White using a US version DSi XL. Using ZomgTimer I tweaked the calibration to -43 and was able to RNG a Victini.

My recommendation is to use C-Gear delays over 1500, since it takes a god awful long time for the game to load to enable you to actually turn on C-Gear.
Agreed here. I think I put a warning on Zomg that comes up around 1200 or so. That calibration is interesting though.. thanks for the info.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!

I know we're not allowed to ask something about ID/SID abusing until next Sunday, but I thought somebody posted that you must at least know what time, in hour & minute, you started your game. I tried to find that post, but it seems I forgot to locate it.

So is it correct, that I must for now at least know what time & date I started my game? So that I will know my SID next week?

This might sound silly but how did you check the IVs? I couldn't find an IV check code for the US version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)