5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I got it! Shiny Timid HP Ice Snivy! I'd like to thank everyone that answered my questions for their help! You guys rock.

Well disregard my last post, I dunno what the FUCK was going on, but I got a completely different set of natures this time around when I decided to redo it to see if the results were the same as last night >.>

So yeah, used them and found everything alright. Stupid game/DS...

Am I correct in thinking that the Pan monkeys will be retrieved in a similar way to get shinies... Just switch no's with the usual walking... And just find a gift seed rather than wild?

EDIT: Thought about my own question and realized it's a no. I forgot walking is simply for frame advancement.

So.... Is there a way to ensure gift pokemon are shiny?

Hi im trying to hatch a tirtouga i'm trying to breed IV's
my seed is 0206D08B IV Spread 24/31/31/31/31/31 frame 21
im using pokemon white english veersion
I'm using a DsI my Mac Adress is 06CBB0

my question is can i use this seed to pass it down to my spread and also how do i find if i can make it a shinny one using my DSi or i have to use a ds/dslite?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Am I correct in thinking that the Pan monkeys will be retrieved in a similar way to get shinies... Just switch no's with the usual walking... And just find a gift seed rather than wild?

EDIT: Thought about my own question and realized it's a no. I forgot walking is simply for frame advancement.

So.... Is there a way to ensure gift pokemon are shiny?
Same way as wild Pokémon, I'd imagine. Find a seed with a shiny PID frame, advance to that frame, obtain monkey.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
What will NPC's that aren't walking do to my PID advancements? I am really sure that the ammount of save/turning I have noted will get me to the right PID frame, but what if I'm doing that with NPC's around me?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
What will NPC's that aren't walking do to my PID advancements? I am really sure that the ammount of save/turning I have noted will get me to the right PID frame, but what if I'm doing that with NPC's around me?
NPCs that don't move, or ones that move in a fixed pattern, shouldn't affect the PIDRNG at all.

Buckert

NPCs that don't move, or ones that move in a fixed pattern, shouldn't affect the PIDRNG at all.
Thank you very much! I'm gonna catch myself 2 epic shiny Pokémon now! :D Or when I wake up lol.

Edit: And what if a NPC is moving, but it's only turning to the left, and back forward again, at a different pace. Would that do anything?

Edit2: What about NPC's that are only turning in a pattern when I'm running? They aren't moving at all when I just walk/turn.

Same way as wild Pokémon, I'd imagine. Find a seed with a shiny PID frame, advance to that frame, obtain monkey.
So in the Time Finder, do I check the "Shiny Only" box?

And then once you get the seed, put that in the main window (under Method 5 PIDRNG)? I'm guessing I also have to check the "Shiny Only" box for the main window too?

I have a question about catching a wild shiny Solosis...
My IV frame is 4, so 3 pokes in my party, walk 128 steps. My question is, when I walk 128 steps is that also advancing the PID frame by 128? Or do I start counting once I've hit the IV frame?
The shiny frame is on 178, also. Thanks guys! ^^

Buckert

I have a question about catching a wild shiny Solosis...
My IV frame is 4, so 3 pokes in my party, walk 128 steps. My question is, when I walk 128 steps is that also advancing the PID frame by 128? Or do I start counting once I've hit the IV frame?
The shiny frame is on 178, also. Thanks guys! ^^
When making 128 steps, you will also make turns, which will advance the PID frame with 2. So or you have to cover a great distance before turning, or just do a few testruns to see where you land after you did the frame advancements. Also, your starting PID Frame will be around 40-60, not 1.

My questions:

And what if a NPC is moving, but it's only turning to the left, and back forward again, at a different pace. Would that do anything?

What about NPC's that are only turning in a pattern when I'm running? So, when I start running, they turn once. We I stop running, and the go fast again, they turn once again. They aren't moving at all when I just walk/turn.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
So in the Time Finder, do I check the "Shiny Only" box?

And then once you get the seed, put that in the main window (under Method 5 PIDRNG)? I'm guessing I also have to check the "Shiny Only" box for the main window too?
Checking it in the time finder will only return seeds with a shiny frame below whatever number you specify, so you definitely need to do that. Checking it in the main window isn't strictly necessary, but it makes it a lot easier to search for the frame.
My questions:

And what if a NPC is moving, but it's only turning to the left, and back forward again, at a different pace. Would that do anything?

What about NPC's that are only turning in a pattern when I'm running? So, when I start running, they turn once. We I stop running, and the go fast again, they turn once again. They aren't moving at all when I just walk/turn.
The first one will advance it, but I'm not sure about the second.

Buckert

Checking it in the time finder will only return seeds with a shiny frame below whatever number you specify, so you definitely need to do that. Checking it in the main window isn't strictly necessary, but it makes it a lot easier to search for the frame.

Thanks. Well I guess they'll be doing nothing to my PID frame, since they don't move/turn at all when I'm just walking. And, for advancing my PID frame I'm turning in place, so when doing that, those NPC's aren't moving. So, assuming they won't advance my PID would be normal I guess?

Ah, thank you.

So for the main window, how would you find the shiny frame without checking the "Shiny Only" box? Is there something that gives it away in the generated results?

When making 128 steps, you will also make turns, which will advance the PID frame with 2. So or you have to cover a great distance before turning, or just do a few testruns to see where you land after you did the frame advancements. Also, your starting PID Frame will be around 40-60, not 1.

My questions:

Thanks Buckert! Do you know a good way to check what PID frame you landed on? And unfortunately I don't have an answer for your questions, sorry! ^^;

After talking with Viss on AIM for awhile I am still getting the same problem.

Kaphotics I IMed you to with the wrong question. Can I ask for your help on AIM as well or should I stick with this thread?

anyway: The problem is I have everything set up correctly in researcher but no matter how many seeds from time finder I try my TID that is generated never shows up in researcher. I am already calibrated but Viss said it might be a problem with the timer0. It is also set to wild pokemon without shiny box checked.

I also have tried pandora's box and my frame never comes up. I set it to the correct date and everything with the ID it gave me and it never shows my correct seed. I assume it isn't a problem with my timing because even if my timing was a little off I find it hard to believe I am off by a whole minute. I have also tried one minute ahead and it still never showed up.

I have RNGed for shiny/nature and IV successfully before on my black with the same calibration. If I switch the game cartridge to white does it change anything?

my timer0 both min and max is C7C. Apparently this is an uncommon problem.

edit: forgot to mention that I have reset the little choicebox under ds parameters to white already.

I need help again. I've just found a Standard Seed spread that has the IVs of 31/22/30/31/31/31. I've just hit my seed, and while I was about to check it's IVs for confirmation, it seems that the first three IVs (Hp, Attack, and Defense)are correct, having the 31/22/30 IVs, but the last 3 IVs (SpAtk, SpDf, Speed) have different IVs, having a 6-10/22-26/22-26 IVs. Why it's like that? I've always repeating hitting the seed to test it and I'm always getting the same IVs. Thanks! :)

After talking with Viss on AIM for awhile I am still getting the same problem.

Kaphotics I IMed you to with the wrong question. Can I ask for your help on AIM as well or should I stick with this thread?

anyway: The problem is I have everything set up correctly in researcher but no matter how many seeds from time finder I try my TID that is generated never shows up in researcher. I am already calibrated but Viss said it might be a problem with the timer0. It is also set to wild pokemon without shiny box checked.

I also have tried pandora's box and my frame never comes up. I set it to the correct date and everything with the ID it gave me and it never shows my correct seed. I assume it isn't a problem with my timing because even if my timing was a little off I find it hard to believe I am off by a whole minute. I have also tried one minute ahead and it still never showed up.

I have RNGed for shiny/nature and IV successfully before on my black with the same calibration. If I switch the game cartridge to white does it change anything?

my timer0 both min and max is C7C. Apparently this is an uncommon problem.

edit: forgot to mention that I have reset the little choicebox under ds parameters to white already.
Just realized... If you're working on starters in white... You have to calibrate that cartridge. It could be, and very likely is, entirely different than black.

Think of the Parameters as attached to the game, not the DS. (I misunderstood that while we were chatting)

If you have calibrated the game, then it comes down to finding the other Timer0 setting since you've only found one. But if that one is a Parameter from the other color, it doesn't actually work.

Hope that helps, and sorry I didn't catch it earlier

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)