5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How do I use Shiny Egg Finder to find my PIDRNG frame?

I assume that the MinFrame_MaxFrame are still 8. The YouTube video I watched also
showed 8 under the frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZkKMtmIZD4

But then the video seems to know exactly what the PIDRNG frame is.. How many times to Chatter, etc. Where is this info in rngreporter?
Yeah, that's one of the things I don't like about that video - it doesn't tell you how to figure out your initial PIDRNG frame, which is one of the most important steps in the process. Also, that's IVRNG frame 8, not PIDRNG frame 8.

This info is not in RNG Reporter and never will be, because it's affected by the NPCs on Route 3. I suggest you go read Tesseraction's shiny egg hatching guide.

Can anyone with experience in hunting roamers give me a *rough* estimate of how much time is spent in the rain, with the PIDRNG advancing automatically, when button-mashing A?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just to clarify to those of you asking, the whole multi-month thing most likely will not be added, ever. I don't know if you're doing something wrong in your search or what but it takes approximately 1.5 hours to search a single month with reasonable parameters on a over-clocked quad core running 8 threads. That means anything less will run much longer at near 100% CPU usage. This will destroy your computer if you run it for too long. When things are running with that much power for that long, they produce way more heat than your average cooling system can take.

Edit: Before anyone says anything, that may have been an over estimate on the time. The point is the same though.
If possible damage to computers is the primary concern, then shouldn't there be some kind of warning to discourage people from running multiple back-to-back searches? I've done that quite a few times without a problem (like Slashmolder said, some of us have systems that can handle it), but if it's that big a deal, shouldn't there be a mention of it in the program regardless of whether multi-month searches are added?

ID: 00145
SID: 31592

Seed: 410AA7DF1407D7E5
Time: 2:56:53
Date: 5/15/2011
IVs: 31/31/31/26/31/31
Ability: 1
Adamant Nature
Everstone: Adamant
Frame: 87
IVs of caught poke: 1/5/0/1/25/19
Frame of caught poke: 14

Male Parent w/Everstone: 15/31/31/20/30/27
Female Parent (Ditto): 31/31/31/31/31/31
Baby IVs: 15/31/31/26/7/14

I'm hitting my seed, but I'm not seeing the baby's IVs anywhere on RNG reporter. I've confirmed my seed by catching a pokemon and verifying the IVs. Is it possible that I'm hitting the same seed with my other timer0?

EDIT: I got it
Does anyone know where the random 14 speed IV is coming from? I'm getting the same IV on all the shinies that I've hatched.

That can't be, I'm using an AR to check the IVs.

EDIT: I just rechecked and none of the parents had a 14 speed IV.

There has to be a serious bug with Rng reporter, or maybe it's just me
Bw breeding
hasty everstone
seed 579446C1B1BD1794
C7C
black version
ds lite
0019FD64E4B8
i can not hit this seed at all, nothing i do works, the movements on the shaking patches are always different and the movements of the cottonee and minccino i use to judge from are always the same and the woman moves the same every single time, if not most of the time, with few differences(even the differences i used from the most consstent mvmnt of the woman to calibrate on do not give me valid results),this is a 3 hit combo seed, does that require re calibration for my timer 0? its the only ting i can think of i hit C7C with everything else almost consistently but this i never hit it, it seems like i hit my timer 0 but it constantly fluctuates the seed or God knows what, bc it either does nto exist or it is a bug, but im sick of this thing, it has the ivs set i need and I'm about to give up i do no advances to see my first frame an i can not even judge from that none have the ivs that reporter tells me after 10's and 10's of tries ugh!
i even attempted to do 2 less(89) to see if i could land on the shiny frame 138 due to possible mvmnt

So what exactly is the problem?
Where are you saved at? Why are you looking for shaking patches?
i am savd in front of the daycare man, i have rng abused shiny eggs wth perfect ivs b4, but this seed s giving me hell, i can not hit or or even begin to calibrate bc i can tmathc ivs that i keep getting, its like the seed rng reporter says is non existent and the game is giving me something else, i figured shaking patches would shake the same way for the seed i hit consistently where the woman moves the same most of the time, they never do, and even when she moves differently leading me to believe a diff seed, it is not valid, and the woman moves the same way most of the time, making me beleive my timer 0 is my mostly consistent c7c, but the seed is c7c, and yet i can not hit it to get a shiny on frame 138 for normal breeding no international, the combo is b start x which i hit every time and never have i gotten a valid result, i am dumbfounded

i am savd in front of the daycare man, i have rng abused shiny eggs wth perfect ivs b4, but this seed s giving me hell, i can not hit or or even begin to calibrate bc i can tmathc ivs that i keep getting, its like the seed rng reporter says is non existent and the game is giving me something else, i figured shaking patches would shake the same way for the seed i hit consistently where the woman moves the same most of the time, they never do, and even when she moves differently leading me to believe a diff seed, it is not valid, and the woman moves the same way most of the time, making me beleive my timer 0 is my mostly consistent c7c, but the seed is c7c, and yet i can not hit it to get a shiny on frame 138 for normal breeding no international, the combo is b start x which i hit every time and never have i gotten a valid result, i am dumbfounded
When finding my DS parameters I I got C7F as my first few results when checking. I later found out the other one that isn't as common amongst other people.
Have you tried finding your DS parameters when using a keypress combo?

When finding my DS parameters I I got C7F as my first few results when checking. I later found out the other one that isn't as common amongst other people.
Have you tried finding your DS parameters when using a keypress combo?
that is exactly what i think the problem is,(ds parameters for key press combo) i assumed itd be the same one all the time for most of the time but if that is the case i can not use this seed, oh well, ill try it out, thanks

that is exactly what i think the problem is,(ds parameters for key press combo) i assumed itd be the same one all the time for most of the time but if that is the case i can not use this seed, oh well, ill try it out, thanks
Yeah the timer0 seems to shift. I've seen C7E and C7F, those two are which the timer0 goes to when not on your real one as a bunch of people can get that timer0. So your best bet might be to find the other timer0 you can hit and start using that instead.

Good luck.

Is it possible to put, on the next version, the button to generate adjacent on the 5th Gen Shiny Egg Finder instead of the "Generate More Times" that doesn't work anyway?

I hope the seeds I've searched yesterday still work, I'm going to test it later tonight.

Quick question guys, I have found Parameters for my own White Cart, and my brother owns White too, and I want to RNG his ID. If I RNG on the same DS, can I use the same Parameters?

Sorry if this was answered before, I know that the PIDFrame is moved 2 per step in a area with wild pokemon. Does that count if you are not in grass or do you have to just be in a area that you can catch a wild pokemon?

Can anyone with experience in hunting roamers give me a *rough* estimate of how much time is spent in the rain, with the PIDRNG advancing automatically, when button-mashing A?

Does anyone know? It doesn't have to be very specific at all, I just don't want to search all ~10000 frames.

Sorry if this was answered before, I know that the PIDFrame is moved 2 per step in a area with wild pokemon. Does that count if you are not in grass or do you have to just be in a area that you can catch a wild pokemon?
for example, in a route if you walk outside the grass, the PID frame will not advance. you must be inside the "squares" in wich wild pokemon can appear.

Does anyone know? It doesn't have to be very specific at all, I just don't want to search all ~10000 frames.
why don't you calculate it by yourself? you can switch off the console without saving, after the roamer is "released".

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Quick question guys, I have found Parameters for my own White Cart, and my brother owns White too, and I want to RNG his ID. If I RNG on the same DS, can I use the same Parameters?
It is likely that the parameters will be the same.

About Roamer RNG, what's this I keep reading on swapped IVs?

How hard is it to go for a Shiny roamer (My case Thundrus)? What's a realistic frame to hit for a shiny roamer with all the rain advancement?

About Roamer RNG, what's this I keep reading on swapped IVs?

How hard is it to go for a Shiny roamer (My case Thundrus)? What's a realistic frame to hit for a shiny roamer with all the rain advancement?
Shiny Roamers is about the hardest thing in B/W. And the Swapped IVs mean that the Speed IV, which is normally in the back of an IV spread (e.g. 31/31/31/29/30/31) is put in front of the SpA IV, resulting in this: 31/31/31/31/29/30. The 31 is still the Speed IV, though.

why don't you calculate it by yourself? you can switch off the console without saving, after the roamer is "released".
I don't understand what you mean. I need to know how many seconds the rain lasts before the PID is finished for the roamer, or better yet, the rough frame it lands on once the PID has been calculated. I don't quite understand what turning of the DS would do in that regard. Could you elaborate a little?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)