5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Roamer Help

So I'm manipulating the RNG for Thundurus, and aside from my PIDRNG experience being less than stellar, it seems my seed is getting its IVs shifted about.

Now I recall this was talked about at some point in this thread, but given that this is a pretty popular thread, I don't really remember what page range it was on.

I'm using RNG Reporter 9.81. I'm using an original DS "Phat" and playing the English (US) version of White. I am performing a Standard Seed with the Roamer Pokemon option selected in the drop-down menu.

Button Presses: None
Timer0: C7F

I'm aiming for this seed: 0E2C52D40C861494

Frame: 10
Date: 4/21/11 17:07:40
Timer: C7F
Frame Advancement: Walking with 4 Pokemon in party 256 steps

Aiming for: 31/14/30/31/31/31

Instead I'm getting (consistently):

Thundurus - #642 : 8 / 31 / 14 / 31 / 30 / 31

I'm not a very bright fellow so do lead the way to the light.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Will the Time Finder progress bar ever accurately reflect how far along it is? It's gone from sitting at the end forever to finishing about 10% of the way through. I'm sure it's low priority, and it's certainly not a big deal, but if there's an easy way to fix it, it'd be nice.

You're hitting Frame 9 instead of 10. Am assuming you're advancing your seed by walking?
Yes I am. Well this is embarrassing. lol

Well I'm stuck in the house on Route 7 with 4 Pokemon instead of 3. How exactly does roamer generation work when you beat the Pokemon League? What point is the event reseeded? Any other helpful tidbits would be much appreciated.

Otherwise I'd have to use that program again.

Thats about all I can help you with unfortunately, I haven't got to Roamer abuse as yet, can't put myself through that sort of agony :p

You could always research for a Frame 9 spread?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
How exactly does roamer generation work when you beat the Pokemon League? What point is the event reseeded? Any other helpful tidbits would be much appreciated.
It happens at the end of the Champion battle, during which the IV frame is advanced by 120 per second. You'd need a good timer and a very steady hand to pull it off, and it'd probably take you numerous tries. Just find a different seed with a frame that you can get to by multiples of 4. Really, with as many times as I had to retry it, I can't imagine going for a roamer seed on any frame besides 1.

Um, in 4th Gen/5th Gen Shiny Egg, where it says "Frame" and you type in the range, is that the PID frame or IV Frame? I am curious because when I search 8/8, I get shiny PID spreads on frame 8. Can someone please explain this to me?

When it is said that the PIDRNG advances 120 frames per second during the Tornadus/Thundurus rain scene, does that mean that it advances every 1/120 of a second, or 120 frames, all together, after each second?

Hello, I asked here once how to capture perfect IVd shiny roamers, and OmegaDonut said that you have to do it by lots of trials and errors. I have done all kinds of RNG this Gen, but I have no idea what he means by that. Could someone clarify how the process works? And maybe even include some tips which would be helpfull? :p

Another question about the same matter: I heard that maybe some day, it could be possible not only to control the IVFrame, but the PIDFrame as well for roamers and that it will involve the SID and a controlled start of the game. Should I rather wait till this new method comes out, or just get them by trial and error?

Does anyone here know how to RNG abuse for Clefairies with Comet Shards in the Giant Chasm? Whether or not a wild Pokémon holds a Comet Shard seems to depend on the PIDRNG. I've seen a lot of people do it in the Japanese versions, as this is an extremely fast way to make a lot of money.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone here know how to RNG abuse for Clefairies with Comet Shards in the Giant Chasm? Whether or not a wild Pokémon holds a Comet Shard seems to depend on the PIDRNG. I've seen a lot of people do it in the Japanese versions, as this is an extremely fast way to make a lot of money.
We know those calcs, there's just not enough interest in actually putting them in to practice because of the upcoming VGCs.

When I search for a spread on method 5 (standard, wild), how do I know what encounter slot I'll get with that spread? I don't see an encounter slot listing anywhere on the list of spreads.

I have the latest beta version of RNG Reporter (9.81), and I'm in the Time Finder's "Capture" tab.

When I search for a spread on method 5 (standard, wild), how do I know what encounter slot I'll get with that spread? I don't see an encounter slot listing anywhere on the list of spreads.

I have the latest beta version of RNG Reporter (9.81), and I'm in the Time Finder's "Capture" tab.

Copy your full seed, select method 5 PIDRNG on the main screen of RNG reporter, paste in your seed and itll generate the natures and encounter slots.
If your doing a shiny seed search it should tell you what encounter slots its for in the time finder.

Copy your full seed, select method 5 PIDRNG on the main screen of RNG reporter, paste in your seed and itll generate the natures and encounter slots.
If your doing a shiny seed search it should tell you what encounter slots its for in the time finder.
Thanks. I didn't know that encounter slots are determined with the RNG that determines the PID, rather than the one that determines IVs.

If I want a species that's relatively common in a certain area, I can just RNG for the IVs and I'll have a good chance of getting those IVs on the specific species I want, right?

Thanks. I didn't know that encounter slots are determined with the RNG that determines the PID, rather than the one that determines IVs.

If I want a species that's relatively common in a certain area, I can just RNG for the IVs and I'll have a good chance of getting those IVs on the specific species I want, right?

Yeah your probably just used to gen 4 when it came from the iv frame.
Yes, in places like Celestial tower for litwicks, you can assure you get the pokemon you want but you cant control its nature ability or gender. If you dont want to advance the PID rng then just use a synchornizer.
Personally i thinl its easier to just get two chatots and advance the pid frame like that to ensure i get what i want but it is a little tedious.

We know those calcs, there's just not enough interest in actually putting them in to practice because of the upcoming VGCs.
Thanks for your fast reply! Is there a description of the steps needed to calculate these seeds/frames? Can it be done manually with the existing tools in RNG Reporter already? I'm a bit surprised to hear there is not enough interest, since this is relatively trivial unlimited money, which means unlimited vitamins (among other things), which is useful when one wants to cut the amount of time spent on EV training.

But I of course see that the current items on the to-do list are more pressing than Clefaries with the doughz lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)