5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
hmmm, double checked my mac address tried multiple dates & times, still nothing.
Make sure you are entering times as 24-hour times.

Make sure you are entering the game from the DS menu and not soft-resetting.

Make sure you are not holding any buttons between the time you select the game from the DS menu and the time that the initial logo appears.

Make sure you actually have the correct IVs (catch a high-level poke and check with Metal Kid's calculator)

Make sure you are using an original DS or a DS Lite.

Make sure you are using a retail game cart and not a flash cart (parameter ranges will be different in this case).

Make sure you are entering times as 24-hour times.

Make sure you are entering the game from the DS menu and not soft-resetting.

Make sure you are not holding any buttons between the time you select the game from the DS menu and the time that the initial logo appears.

Make sure you actually have the correct IVs (catch a high-level poke and check with Metal Kid's calculator)

Make sure you are using an original DS or a DS Lite.

Make sure you are using a retail game cart and not a flash cart (parameter ranges will be different in this case).
yup I meet all the criteria that you listed above

You do have the latest reporter as well, yes?

Can you check for your parameters again? Screen shot the window, and post the picture somewhere so that I can see what you have set in there.
hmm can't seem to post it. would you mind letting me know your email ill send the picture to you

Change your VCount range from 50 to 70, to 50 to 80.
Change the second timer0 to C8A. So it'll be C60 to C8A.
Leave GxStat to 6 to 6 if hard resetting.
Change Vframe to 0 to F.

Tell me if you get anything after changing it.
should i use my orginal data? if im suppose to then i'm still getting 0 after hitting search. or should i use these values and try to catch another mon and calculate iv

should i use my orginal data? if im suppose to then i'm still getting 0 after hitting search. or should i use these values and try to catch another mon and calculate iv
Since you didn't get anything. I suggest you do catch another. Just make sure that you put in the time in RNG reporter in 24 hour increments as well. So if you enter the game at 13:05:22 make sure that's how it's set in the Parameter Search as well.

So, press the button to start the game from the DS' menu. Write down the time you clicked the rectangle button with A or the screen tap. DON'T press any buttons until you see the star part of the little animated movie they show, just to be safe. Say no to loading the C-Gear when about to load your save game. Quickly encounter a Pokemon without walking more than 128 steps. Catch it, check IV's. I usually use Pokemon Online for my 5th gen IV checks, as whenever I check IV's with an AR I never seem to get results for parameters? It might just have been coincidence, but I thought it might be note worthy.

Since you didn't get anything. I suggest you do catch another. Just make sure that you put in the time in RNG reporter in 24 hour increments as well. So if you enter the game at 13:05:22 make sure that's how it's set in the Parameter Search as well.

So, press the button to start the game from the DS' menu. Write down the time you clicked the rectangle button with A or the screen tap. DON'T press any buttons until you see the star part of the little animated movie they show, just to be safe. Say no to loading the C-Gear when about to load your save game. Quickly encounter a Pokemon without walking more than 128 steps. Catch it, check IV's. I usually use Pokemon Online for my 5th gen IV checks, as whenever I check IV's with an AR I never seem to get results for parameters? It might just have been coincidence, but I thought it might be note worthy.
alright imma give it another go and see what happens :) thanks alot though

alright imma give it another go and see what happens :) thanks alot though
You're welcome. And before you click search, check EVERY box making sure it's exactly what you want it to be. As sometimes fat fingering without knowing it can be the problem. I've done it a few times myself :P

wow!! it finally worked!!! thanks alot :)

You're very welcome. Also, I would like to be the first to congratulate to the Standard Seed abuse club (not really one, but still :P). Can't wait to see some of the amazing things you will abuse!
Again thanks a lot man :), as a token of my appreciation you'll definitely get a copy of my first rng abuse mon! also is it the stuff related to the vcount that altered that made it work?

would i have to continue this process in order to rng later as well?
In order to non-c-gear abusing (which is now known as Standard abuse), you're going to need those parameters in Time Finder to find Standard Seeds.

So yes, keep your parameters written down somewhere. Or somewhere you can always find them without too much trouble or having to look them up all over again, just in case when using Time Finder they accidentally get deleted.

In order to non-c-gear abusing (which is now known as Standard abuse), you're going to need those parameters in Time Finder to find Standard Seeds.

So yes, keep your parameters written down somewhere. Or somewhere you can always find them without too much trouble or having to look them up all over again, just in case when using Time Finder they accidentally get deleted.
alright thanks again, one more question if i don't get the gender or nature i want can i just soft reset and advance the frames again? cause i don't think i will be rnging for nature, ability, gender, and shiniesness quite yet

alright thanks again, one more question if i don't get the gender or nature i want can i just soft reset and advance the frames again? cause i don't think i will be rnging for nature, ability, gender, and shiniesness quite yet
Nope, once you enter the game your seed is set. If it's reset to due soft resetting, power outage, or hard resetting. It re-seeds. So you will have to hard reset all over again.

Hi just starting to learn rng in 5th generation i have figured out frame1 stationary pokemon, but need some advice re pokemon on different frames.
Details Japanese game cart Black on ds lite
DS MAC 001DBCC99C5D VCount 60 VFrame 6 GxStat 6 Timer0Min C79 Timer0Max C79
I have found flawless spreads 31/31/31/31/31/31 on Frames 9 and 29
Full Seed D8E9A23F36AA754F 09/04/10 17.09.09 Frame 29
Full Seed 23B0F94D00204551 06/04/10 04.16.04 Frame 9

Please correct me if i'm wrong
For Frame 9 i need to walk 256 steps with 4 pokemon?
For Frame 29 i need to withdraw 4 pokemon from my PC?
My question is am i right?
And how do you control natures(i guess synchronizer)
Also do the fact that NPC are moving effect my frame/seed? and if i battle or run from wild pokemon does that effect frame
Any help would be greatly appreciated and if i can rng easily i will gladly giveaway any flawless pokemon that i can capture over and over again. I don't have a way to clone but if i time it right i should capture flawless pokemon each time. I think?

Coming from another RNG noobie:

For Frame 9 i need to walk 256 steps with 4 pokemon?

Yup.

About the box question. There's a fixed number for withdrawing a poke from the box. You can look it up in the guide.

And how do you control natures(i guess synchronizer)

You can use a synchronizer or advance the PID RNG by saving (harder way) or a chatter chatot (easiest way). You can read the guide for that.

Also do the fact that NPC are moving effect my frame/seed?

They advance the PID frame. The frame that controls nature, gender etc. but not the frame that controls the IV spread.

and if i battle or run from wild pokemon does that effect frame

A battle advances a frame I think 1000 or 100 per second.

If you time it right you'll keep catching the same pokemon again and again (unless your timer0 fluctuates like mine does but most of the time you will get the same poke)

It's all in the guide though... :P

Thanks a lot TammiGo for the quick reply i really thank you for you time and help
I can just about get my head around Frame 1 RNG but struggled with the various other frames. I understand now a lot better I didn't understand the seperate relationship between frames and pidrng. I thought that the people (NPC's) moving effected the IV's as well so i was hunting everywhere for a PC with no NPC's moving around so i could withdraw 4 pokemon (4x7=28) to hit frame 29. I will re-read the guide although i unsure how to bring up the PID to move the natures up with chatot chatters? Thanks anyway

No problem at all.

I think the PID RNG is the hardest thing to do (I don't do it, I just everstone/ synchronize things :P). First you need to find your starting frame which is different for every seed but will always be the same for the same seed. You can find out by immediately catching/ receiving a poke. Then save and catch a poke. Then do the same thing again and RNG reporter (haven't tried that yet) will tell you your seed when you give it the different natures/ genders/ abilities you received. You advance 1 PID frame by hearing the cry of a chatter chatot (the chatter move allows you to record something). That means you pop up the menu and go to the summary of your chatot. You can also advance it by saving but that takes more time.

That's kinda it from what I understood about it (I hope I understood it correctly) and it's probably the only way to get a shiny with a good IV spread. Good luck RNGing ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)