5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm not sure if this makes any reasonable sense so bear with me:

I have a HP Ice [31/30/30/31/31/31] seed for catching purposes (wild/stationary). Can I SID/ID abuse using the seed to get myself a Shiny Frame above 700 for RNGing Thundurus?

I'm not sure if this makes any reasonable sense so bear with me:

I have a HP Ice [31/30/30/31/31/31] seed for catching purposes (wild/stationary). Can I SID/ID abuse using the seed to get myself a Shiny Frame above 700 for RNGing Thundurus?
Yes, yes you can. Just you're going to have to advance the frame at the beginning some hundreds in order to reach it.

Assuming that you mash through the Tornadus/Thundurus cutscene quickly, what would you say is the absolute maximum within reason for the SSF?

That doesn't really solve the problem since his problem was getting the wurmple to a silcoon when it didn't.

The only thing I can think of (I didn't bother checking your math) is the PID frame you hit was wrong, but still gave you what you wanted. Or silcoon is 5~9 and not 0~1
I'm almost positive I've been hitting the right PID frame. I tested the latter theory with a PID that ended up with 6 as the remainder to see if something was reversed, and I still got a Cascoon. I think the game just hates me or something.

I've looked through the first posts and the last few pages and didn't find anyone mentioning the same problem so here goes:
Version: 9.81
Trying to breed female DW ability shiny eevee (BW international, everstone, flawless parents)

Using the 5th Gen Shiny Egg Tab: It doesn't really matter which Pokemon I am trying to breed. I was successful in hitting one seed (C94F270EB07A07E6) and getting the exact PID the Reporter told me (frame 81, bold, female) but it wouldn't be shiny.
In fact all the PIDs that come up in the Shiny Egg Tab as results aren't shiny. Also the frame doesn't match with the frame shown when I enter the full seed into the Reporter main window. If I look for the PID that matches the one that came up in the Shiny Egg Window, it doesn't show up as "!!!" either.

Is it some kind of misunderstanding on my end? But since I happen to get the exact result as the Reporter, it seems like haven't done anything wrong. It's just the PIDs that pop up in the Shiny Egg Window aren't exactly shiny PIDs.
Here's an example screenshot:
[Edit, need to replace it, I hit the wrong method in the main window]

(It says BW and not BW International here because I tried searching for non-international ones but they're not shiny either)

I've looked through the first posts and the last few pages and didn't find anyone mentioning the same problem so here goes:
Version: 9.81
Trying to breed female DW ability shiny eevee (BW international, everstone, flawless parents)

Using the 5th Gen Shiny Egg Tab: It doesn't really matter which Pokemon I am trying to breed. I was successful in hitting one seed (C94F270EB07A07E6) and getting the exact Pokemon the Reporter told me (frame 84, bold, female, perfect IVs) but it wouldn't be shiny.
In fact all the PIDs that come up in the Shiny Egg Tab as results aren't shiny. Also the frame doesn't match with the frame shown when I enter the full seed into the Reporter main window. If I look for the PID that matches the one that came up in the Shiny Egg Window, it doesn't show up as "!!!" either.

Is it some kind of misunderstanding on my end? But since I happen to get the exact result as the Reporter, it seems like haven't done anything wrong. It's just the PIDs that pop up in the Shiny Egg Window aren't exactly shiny PIDs.
Here's an example screenshot:
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/6011/unled1ji.jpg
(It says BW and not BW International here because I tried searching for non-international ones but they're not shiny either)
Because when searching for a seed you have BW, you need to set it to BW International when searching for seeds.
Since, you are looking for international parent seeds, correct?

Also, do you have the correct ID/SID put in there?

Also, do you have the correct ID/SID put in there?
Aah I'm sorry, the screenshot was misleading. I put Breeding International in the main window.
I'll try to reproduce what I was trying to hit yesterday but it'll take a while on my little notebook to calculate. What it seems like is, the Reporter doesn't like my new ID/SID. The ones you see on the screenshot are definitely correct. But the Reporter seems to calculate Shiny PIDs for the old IDs that was in the input fields before.

[EDIT]
New screenshot: http://bit.ly/itvqsd

I also took my bred Eevee from yesterday, the PID is correct (787fba07) but the IVs weren't flawless (but 31/13/31/31/30/31) so I actually was doing something wrong...

Ok hi again XD I'm having trouble and i narrowed it down to me messing up at the keypress (i need to hit right) im doing this for terrakion and i never had trouble until this because I've never had to use them before. I was wondering when i need to hold it (i've tried right when I hit A to load the game and when I saw the nintendo logo. Can anyone tell me when I need to hit it. (I also was trying to make it shiny and I know I advanced the PID correctly. I also tried to just catch it without advancing it but the IVs were worng every try)

Edit: I'm guessing this will be a yes but are the amoongusses (amoongi?) show as pokeballs stationary pokemon?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Ok hi again XD I'm having trouble and i narrowed it down to me messing up at the keypress (i need to hit right) im doing this for terrakion and i never had trouble until this because I've never had to use them before. I was wondering when i need to hold it (i've tried right when I hit A to load the game and when I saw the nintendo logo. Can anyone tell me when I need to hit it. (I also was trying to make it shiny and I know I advanced the PID correctly. I also tried to just catch it without advancing it but the IVs were worng every try)

Edit: I'm guessing this will be a yes but are the amoongusses (amoongi?) show as pokeballs stationary pokemon?
Hit your KeyPress keys right after you hit A, and then hold them until the GameFreak movie starts. Then you can release them and continue your game. Also, make sure you have a frame 1 seed for IV's, so you don't have to make advancements for the IV's.

just a random question -- i'm trying to RNG a magnemite in white forest and for whatever reason when i sweet scent it says "nothing seems to be there." this is new to me -- anybody have an explanation on this one? i don't think it's weather-related.

just a random question -- i'm trying to RNG a magnemite in white forest and for whatever reason when i sweet scent it says "nothing seems to be there." this is new to me -- anybody have an explanation on this one? i don't think it's weather-related.
White forest has different rules. You can't even use repels in there to avoid wild pokemon.

The only way to rng something in there PID-wise is to turn in place to trigger a wild battle. This will get you the IVs, but everything else is up to chance.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
if i'm rnging wild pokemon should i use sweet scent to start the battle if it is frame 1 or should i walk around? (same question for surfing too)
Use sweet scent. Walking and turning will advance your PID frame and you could get above the 128 steps, which will advance your IV frame.

ok so for my terrakion I had trouble advancing the frame with my chatot (yes i do have something recorded me going BLAH ^.^) so i saved to advance the pid which worked but now I need to advance something 51 times and I tried my chatot again but it failed and i got the wrong pokemon with wrong ivs too. i tried twice but got different pokes... any suggestions?

EDIT: ok somehow the method got moved from wild to fishing but that still doesn't explain what happened with terrakion. going to try with wild now and post the result in a min
Edit2:The fishing thing happened after because i got the exact same seed when I searched again ugh i was doing fine yesterday

ok so for my terrakion I had trouble advancing the frame with my chatot (yes i do have something recorded me going BLAH ^.^) so i saved to advance the pid which worked but now I need to advance something 51 times and I tried my chatot again but it failed and i got the wrong pokemon with wrong ivs too. i tried twice but got different pokes... any suggestions?
Tell us the seed you are using. What frame you want, and what frame you are hitting.

Tell us the seed you are using. What frame you want, and what frame you are hitting.
well I'm using the seed "5933052923BB6A4A" i want frame 65 (it calculated my starting frame at 50) i don't know which frame I'm hitting because the ivs are wrong but if that doesn't matter then maybe frame 297
If it had the wrong ivs then most likely you didn't hit your seed cause timer 0 shifted.
so should i try and recalculate my timer0? also for the chatot i haven't beaten the game on my black which i'm using so i traded the chatot over from my white (that should matter because it gets traded over from the earlier gens anyways) but is the fact that i don't have the national dex the cause for this

there's nothing you can do to stop timer 0 from shifting, you just have to reset the game and try to hit the seed again, on which route are you trying to catch a Pokemon NPC's may be interfering to.

if you don't have the national dex that won't cause a problem

I'm trying to hit a shiny PID frame and I'm not hitting it for some reason. The shiny PID frame I'm trying to advance to is 300 and I calibrated the PID to start at 59. So I listened to about 241 recorded chatters.

Is it possibly because I'm not hearing the full cry of the chatot or something? I know I'm hitting the seed but the results and inheritance I'm getting aren't right.

to advance the pid with chatot you need to have a chatter recorded and then view the summery each time to advance it by 1 right? (if not then I've been doing it wrong x.x)
also can npcs interfer while listening to the chatter or only during the time before you get the menu up

to advance the pid with chatot you need to have a chatter recorded and then view the summery each time to advance it by 1 right? (if not then I've been doing it wrong x.x)
also can npcs interfer while listening to the chatter or only during the time before you get the menu up
Yeah that's what I'm doing, I'll try it again and take a little more time with it. The menu kind of freezes NPC movement so don't worry about that.

oh that was more of trying to get a confirmation but if you've been doing that then it is probably correct, but just in case don't quote me on that because i've been having trouble with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)