5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

How exactly do I use the PID %6 thing? I'm tryng to RNG a shiny Thundurus and since nature is the only thing I can go off of I'd also like to use the characteristic to find out what PID I hit. ex. I just got Hardy and Alert to Sounds but there are like 10 different possible hardy ones in my seed.

Hmm...very well.Im gonna try again later.Princess,if you manage to do it,please post all of your experiences here

EDIT:Yeah,wrong synchonizing frames on fishing and shaking grass is one of the most problems i had
Ok :]

I'll edit this post if I do, and I'll post in the DMP Thread :P

Okay, so I gave capturing a shiny Milotic fishing on bubble spot on Route 1 to verify some of this stuff. After a lil over 5 hours here is my findings on my successful capture.

1) I had to get a bubble spot fairly quickly,or else my 31/31/31/31/31/31 flawless shiny spread would end up 31/x/x/x/x/x/. Didn't matter whether I got the bubble spot on land or on water, If I didn't get one within around 30 steps and 5 body turnsturnarounds or less my standard flawless seed would change to the latter somehow.

2) Once I found a bubble spot routine of less than 30 steps, to get it to reappear at the same spot, the timing had to be perfect. Route one has 1 moving NPC, but that guy frustrating me to no end. You have to get the right timing because if you are too slow or too fast even on the same route, the same bubble spot did not appear unless I was completely in sync. This was by far the hardest part.

3) Once I got the hang of the timing and bubble spot came I figured my starting frame like normal. Just got next to the bubble spot and fished in first try, 1 Chatot the 2nd time, 2 chatots 3rd time, 3 chatots 4th time. This was consistent whn I fished on the same bubble spot all the time only if it truly was that same less than 30 steps bubble spot, just like regular surf and normal wild captures. I tried other bubble spots that I got to appear consistantly on other spots after 30 steps, but the pokes that came from them where the 31/x/x/x/x/x spread even though it was still well below the 128 steps it takes to advance seed frame, so here is where I knew it had to be a bubble spot appearing less than 30 steps for me.

4) Once I figured out my starting frame was 118 on fishing captures I compared that to bubble spot captures and noticed that bubble spot was 119. The same nature pattern with Chatot calls was also the same, meaning I could have used either capture method since they both required 21 advancedments to get to the 139 and 140 shiny PID frame for a shiny Milotic respecively.

5) Bam! Did everything one last time and here is the result:

Capture info:

seed: FC4AA3ACA55A515D

standard Seed Frame 1 31/31/31/31/31/31

ID: 19412 SID: 58521

Shiny frame: (Fishing) 139 or (bubble spot) 140

Route taken: Looking North surfing while touching coast near walking NPC on Route 1. 5 steps up, 1st turnaround, 5 steps down, 2nd turnaround, 5 steps up, 3rd turnaround, 5 steps down, 4th turnaround, 3 steps up, and 1 turn left for looking right at bubble spot.

Total: 23 steps with 5 body turns/turnaround

Hope this helps a little bit, and sorry for the long post people ;-)

tl;dr: Fishing bubble spot on route 1 RNG is consistent as long as you find a low step bubble spot and time your step routine/pattern very well because NPC messes the bubble spot from appearing even though you follow same routine. I suggest fishing for a shiny Feebas on Route 1 much easier since that took me 12 minutes to do than 5+ hours for fishing a shiny Milotic on a bubble spot unless you are looking for a challenge :P

Hey guys. I have a question.

I found a Seed for a Thundurus

The IV Spread is 31/2/30/31/31/31 (obv hp ice 70)

The problem is the date: it says 12/10/2013 and 12 (December) means winter and winter means snow. So I have snow for a while before Thundurus appears and starts the storm which is going to last for a few seconds (I haven't counted them yet).

All I have to do in order to abuse the PIDRNG is starting frame + 259 (the snow advances the initial PIDRNG by 260 approximately, so to be sure I add 259) and 60*(seconds when it rains). Is this calculation correct? Will I always hit the same PID Frame if I don't advance that by chattering?

i've a big problem in finding my parameters. some info:
i'm using a flash card in a ds fat;
mac address: 001656614f51;
i've already find good parameters for japanese white played in the same flash card and succesfully RNGed for eggs, larvesta egg and zekrom with standard seed method, so they work fine. strange thing about these valid parameters: GxStat is 6 though if i've always used soft-reset in my process, but i've read everywhere that it is usually 86 when using soft-reset.

the problem is for my italian pokemon black, in which i couldn't find good parameters.
I caught a 14/14/3/9/24/7 fraxure with sweet-scent at the pokemon league at 00:00:30 on the 1st january 2001 and then I caught a second mienfoo with some ivs that i wrote
down in a sheet; then i started my search with fraxure's ivs and a large range for each parameter. i found appearently a good result between the ones rng repoter gave me: i copied this seed into the main rng reporter window and selected "method 5 standard seed", "wild pokemon", then I clicked generate. I found mienfoo's exact ivs among the long list at about the 3000th frame, so I thought they were the right parameters. then i opened the time finder, did a research for a special spread (reshiram is my target) and after some trials i noticed that i could get same results but I couldn't get the flawless spread. then i tried to re-obtain the famous 14/14/3/9/24/7 spread which i used for my calibration, but i also couldn't get that anymore.
any suggestions?

I think the problem was that I was using DPPt's delays, and HGSS are different since the starting animations are of a different length. Can anyone tell me if the Calibration Steps found on the main site can be used for HGSS just as they are used for DPPt?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I remember in the 4th gen it was possible to find your SID from a random shiny that wasn't chained or bred (correct me if I'm wrong); is it still possible in the 5th gen? I found a random shiny Frillish while I was EVing and I was wondering if I could find my SID from that.

I think the problem was that I was using DPPt's delays, and HGSS are different since the starting animations are of a different length. Can anyone tell me if the Calibration Steps found on the main site can be used for HGSS just as they are used for DPPt?
New page. This is probably a silly question, yet I have to be sure before I get aggravated trying to RNG in HG because I didn't calibrate correctly.

Okay, so I gave capturing a shiny Milotic fishing on bubble spot on Route 1 to verify some of this stuff. After a lil over 5 hours here is my findings on my successful capture.

1) I had to get a bubble spot fairly quickly,or else my 31/31/31/31/31/31 flawless shiny spread would end up 31/x/x/x/x/x/. Didn't matter whether I got the bubble spot on land or on water, If I didn't get one within around 30 steps and 5 body turnsturnarounds or less my standard flawless seed would change to the latter somehow.

2) Once I found a bubble spot routine of less than 30 steps, to get it to reappear at the same spot, the timing had to be perfect. Route one has 1 moving NPC, but that guy frustrating me to no end. You have to get the right timing because if you are too slow or too fast even on the same route, the same bubble spot did not appear unless I was completely in sync. This was by far the hardest part.

3) Once I got the hang of the timing and bubble spot came I figured my starting frame like normal. Just got next to the bubble spot and fished in first try, 1 Chatot the 2nd time, 2 chatots 3rd time, 3 chatots 4th time. This was consistent whn I fished on the same bubble spot all the time only if it truly was that same less than 30 steps bubble spot, just like regular surf and normal wild captures. I tried other bubble spots that I got to appear consistantly on other spots after 30 steps, but the pokes that came from them where the 31/x/x/x/x/x spread even though it was still well below the 128 steps it takes to advance seed frame, so here is where I knew it had to be a bubble spot appearing less than 30 steps for me.

4) Once I figured out my starting frame was 118 on fishing captures I compared that to bubble spot captures and noticed that bubble spot was 119. The same nature pattern with Chatot calls was also the same, meaning I could have used either capture method since they both required 21 advancedments to get to the 139 and 140 shiny PID frame for a shiny Milotic respecively.

5) Bam! Did everything one last time and here is the result:

Capture info:

seed: FC4AA3ACA55A515D

standard Seed Frame 1 31/31/31/31/31/31

ID: 19412 SID: 58521

Shiny frame: (Fishing) 139 or (bubble spot) 140

Route taken: Looking North surfing while touching coast near walking NPC on Route 1. 5 steps up, 1st turnaround, 5 steps down, 2nd turnaround, 5 steps up, 3rd turnaround, 5 steps down, 4th turnaround, 3 steps up, and 1 turn left for looking right at bubble spot.

Total: 23 steps with 5 body turns/turnaround

Hope this helps a little bit, and sorry for the long post people ;-)

tl;dr: Fishing bubble spot on route 1 RNG is consistent as long as you find a low step bubble spot and time your step routine/pattern very well because NPC messes the bubble spot from appearing even though you follow same routine. I suggest fishing for a shiny Feebas on Route 1 much easier since that took me 12 minutes to do than 5+ hours for fishing a shiny Milotic on a bubble spot unless you are looking for a challenge :P
Thanks, this helps a lot! I thought that as long as you walk the same path, you'll get the bubble spot, but I guess you have to get the timing right as well because of the NPC. Thanks :D

Thanks, this helps a lot! I thought that as long as you walk the same path, you'll get the bubble spot, but I guess you have to get the timing right as well because of the NPC. Thanks :D
You think we can get the bubble spot appear in the same seed if we walk in different ways?is just...he used a flawless seed on frame 1 with low PID frame AND encounter slot 11...i have been searching for months and only found 3 crap flawless seed with crap encounter slots and natures...I dont want to change seeds if the one i find dont work

Having a hard time now to find a decent seed again for dragonite,if the bubble spot doesnt appear before 30 steps what i do? :S

I was walking 256 steps before to make sure a bubble spot appear,that might be the problem of why everything went wrong

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I remember in the 4th gen it was possible to find your SID from a random shiny that wasn't chained or bred (correct me if I'm wrong); is it still possible in the 5th gen? I found a random shiny Frillish while I was EVing and I was wondering if I could find my SID from that.
not in gen 5

i've a big problem in finding my parameters. some info:
i'm using a flash card in a ds fat;
mac address: 001656614f51;
i've already find good parameters for japanese white played in the same flash card and succesfully RNGed for eggs, larvesta egg and zekrom with standard seed method, so they work fine. strange thing about these valid parameters: GxStat is 6 though if i've always used soft-reset in my process, but i've read everywhere that it is usually 86 when using soft-reset.

the problem is for my italian pokemon black, in which i couldn't find good parameters.
I caught a 14/14/3/9/24/7 fraxure with sweet-scent at the pokemon league at 00:00:30 on the 1st january 2001 and then I caught a second mienfoo with some ivs that i wrote
down in a sheet; then i started my search with fraxure's ivs and a large range for each parameter. i found appearently a good result between the ones rng repoter gave me: i copied this seed into the main rng reporter window and selected "method 5 standard seed", "wild pokemon", then I clicked generate. I found mienfoo's exact ivs among the long list at about the 3000th frame, so I thought they were the right parameters. then i opened the time finder, did a research for a special spread (reshiram is my target) and after some trials i noticed that i could get same results but I couldn't get the flawless spread. then i tried to re-obtain the famous 14/14/3/9/24/7 spread which i used for my calibration, but i also couldn't get that anymore.
any suggestions?
no one can help me?? =(

You think we can get the bubble spot appear in the same seed if we walk in different ways?is just...he used a flawless seed on frame 1 with low PID frame AND encounter slot 11...i have been searching for months and only found 3 crap flawless seed with crap encounter slots and natures...

Having a hard time now to find a decent seed again for dragonite,if the bubble spot doesnt appear before 30 steps what i do? :S

I was walking 256 steps before,that might be the problem of why everything went wrong
I know, I hate searching for seeds. But honestly, I think a frame 1 is not so good for Bubble Spot abuse since you need to walk around to get the bubble. But it's perfect for Fishing!

Also, iDeath said he had to walk only 30 steps because if he didn't, he would get the wrong IVs. You can walk more than 30, but you can't pass up your IV Frame.

And btw, with any abuse that has to do with water, the Encounter Slots are 0-4, not 0-11.

I know, I hate searching for seeds. But honestly, I think a frame 1 is not so good for Bubble Spot abuse since you need to walk around to get the bubble. But it's perfect for Fishing!

Also, iDeath said he had to walk only 30 steps because if he didn't, he would get the wrong IVs. You can walk more than 30, but you can't pass up your IV Frame.

And btw, with any abuse that has to do with water, the Encounter Slots are 0-4, not 0-11.

Milotic is bubble spot fishing....

Yeah i know that,but with encounter slots on 11 im almost sure im gonna get dragonite(if you imput a 11 encounter slot on fish it turns to 4). Haven't you experienced getting wrong shiny encounter slots before while fishing?

Im having trouble with my RNG breed. The target is on frame 100, and i do all the steps, chatter once to calibrate and attempt to get the egg and then the npcs move a step. No mattet how many times i try i get the same nature. Its naughty likes to thrash about. Can anyone help me out?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Im having trouble with my RNG breed. The target is on frame 100, and i do all the steps, chatter ince to calibrate and attempt to get the egg and then the npcs move a step. No mattet how many times i try i get the same nature. Its naughty likes to thrash about. Can anyone help me out?
If you can be more specific I can try to help you. VM me.

Milotic is bubble spot fishing....

Yeah i know that,but with encounter slots on 11 im almost sure im gonna get dragonite(if you imput a 11 encounter slot on fish it turns to 4). Haven't you experienced getting wrong shiny encounter slots before while fishing?
No, I meant regular fishing (No bubble spot). Because with bubble spot fishing, you still have to make the bubble spot appear, so frame 1 is not desirable.

Nope, never (But this is my first time trying it). But I have experienced wrong Sycn frames :( I could've gotten my shiny Feebas already, but the syncer failed. Idk how I hit my PID frame for that seed, but now I can't seem to do it. I'm currently searching for a new seed to use :P

No, I meant regular fishing (No bubble spot). Because with bubble spot fishing, you still have to make the bubble spot appear, so frame 1 is not desirable.

Nope, never (But this is my first time trying it). But I have experienced wrong Sycn frames :( I could've gotten my shiny Feebas already, but the syncer failed. Idk how I hit my PID frame for that seed, but now I can't seem to do it. I'm currently searching for a new seed to use :P
Hum..yeah higher frame is good for bubble spot,but he did it on frame 1,so thats why im gonna try on frame 1 too :(.Doing frame 11 for dragonite didnt work out very well.

O boy get ready for lots of headache then,i banged my head so hard when i got the wrong shiny before

Hum..yeah higher frame is good for bubble spot,but he did it on frame 1,so thats why im gonna try on frame 1 too :(.Doing frame 11 for dragonite didnt work out very well.

O boy get ready for lots of headache then,i banged my head so hard when i got the wrong shiny before
I always do on frame 1 cause its easier for me, people may suggest not to do it in fear of no bubble spot showing, but you have many options in finding bubble spots as any combination of route has a possibility with any seed in my experience. The thing with NPC's though is I believe they effect the bubble too since they advance frames, but even though I found a route and walked the same once and didn't get anything, I later took the same route and surfed up and down faster and managed to get that bubble spot. So your speed in using any a route is also taken into account because of the way the PC behaves. Also you have to use the same save state for each specific route because if you save for another attempt the NPC will move differently than the previous.

I have a new question. I seem to be hitting my delay (or very close to it) but I'm hitting one whole second off-target. Yet I'm certain that I'm timing it right and hitting at the right reset time and getting the target time, etc. Am I just mistaken or is there another factor here?

I have a new question. I seem to be hitting my delay (or very close to it) but I'm hitting one whole second off-target. Yet I'm certain that I'm timing it right and hitting at the right reset time and getting the target time, etc. Am I just mistaken or is there another factor here?
I'm not sure if you've noticed, but this is the help thread for 5th Gen. RNG (If you're doing C-Gear abuse, then nvm). This is the 4th gen. help thread. :D

And, are you using a two-stage timer? Or are you just using a clock with a seconds hand?

Yes, I had noticed, but I recall seeing people getting 4th Gen questions answered here as well. Either way, sorry.

I'm using a clock with a seconds hand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)