A Little Late but My Newark Warstory

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well i wake up at five o'clock to pack my bag, shower, wake my sister up, and check smogon one last time before heading out the door. We get there late because of our stupid gps but the junior line doesn't look long at all, until we turn the corner and see the huge line of people waiting inside the parking lot. I give my sister two practice battles and explain some last minute game mechanics before sending her off to her first match.

Her team

Abamasnow@Focus Sash
Quiet
252 HP, 252 SpAtk, 4 Atk
~Blizzard
~Grass Knot
~Ice Shard
~Protect

Kyogre@Wacan Berry
Modest
4 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spe
~Ice Beam, forgot to teach it Blizzard
~Muddy Water
~Thunder
~Protect

Latios@Life Orb
Calm
4 HP, 252 SA, 252 Spe
~Draco Meteor
~Ice Beam
~Grass Knot
~Protect

Palkia@Haban Berry
Modest
4 HP, 252 SA, 252 Spe
~Spatial Rend
~Flame Thrower
~Aura Sphere
~Protect

Mr. Tall
Giratina@Habban Berry
Adamant
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
~Will-O-Wisp
~Shadow Force
~Dragon Claw
~Icy Wind
Jeff
Caterpie@Lum berry
Docile
~Tackle
~String Shot
~
~

Since she had two days of competitive experience I tried to make a simple all out attack team with with abomasnow leading for double Blizzard except i forgot kygore didn't know Blizzard.

R1: I wasn't too nervous since her opponent looked like a little girl younger than my sis so she probably didn't know about ev training. I'm excited to see her raise her hand.

R2: Next up was a little chubby kid, emily defeats him with ease and moves to the next round.

R3: When the battle starts the kid emi is facing waves to his parents smiling and giving them a thumbs up, i think to myself oh crap this kid probably knows what he's doing and my heart sinks. I'm really scared watching him constantly smiling and waving to his parents until he has a frowny face and raises his hand for a referee to come over. My spirit then raises as he's probably complaining that one of my sisters pokemon is too fast or something meaning he doesn't know about ev training. But at the same time my heart sinks as three of those pokes aren't mine or hers and i don't know if some one hacked them to get them. I cross my fingers as i watch marriland put my sisters game into his ds. He nods "no problem here" and tells them to continue. Emily beats him and moves on and later tells me he was complaining that her palkia was out speeding his flygon, but also on an interesting note, she said marriland could tell that the pokemon were cloned, i don't know if he just recognized them by there OTs or if his ds detected them but thought that was kind've of interesting. Later the kid was crying with his parents and i felt bad for him and wanted to give him a copy of the kyogre emily was using but was worried about being called out for using an ar replay.

R4: no idea what happened here but she advances to the finalists lounge.

Finalist Lounge: At this point we decide to start waiting in line for the seniors and get a bite to eat but i'm feeling nauseous and only take a bite out of my pizza before throwing it out. I'm starting to get a little worried that i might not feel well enough to play.

R5: I'm waiting in line at this point and trying to peek my head over the crowd to see emi battling. The guy in front of me is then swarmed by kids, some if not all were his, and started asking him about natures and stuff which he knew which got me a little worried. My phone starts ringing and its my mom, "Emily made to the top 16" sweet, but nether of my parents are going to pay to go to Indianapolis to play Pokemon in the nationals but still very exciting.

R6:The guy from before recognizes my sister and tells me it looks like she advanced, seconds later i get a phone call saying she made it to the top 8, this got me estatic, just one more round and she gets the paid trip and a DSi which is the main reason she came just to get the DSi.

R7: I'm trying to look over the crowd and see emily fighting this little kid, later i get a phone and sure enough, "emily is in the top 4." Yes we got the paid trip and emily got the treasured DSi which she came here for. My mom comes over and asks if the same guy can hold my spot and he says yes. I'm so psyched and keep wondering if emily can really get first place.

R8: Vs cybertron's, aka seredipity's, younger brother. Going from emily's and cybertrons description, he could've won but kept attacking the guy who was paralysed while emily's other guy attacked and pulled out a victory. I felt sort've bad because the kid was so small and adorable.

Finals:Video
Your better off watching the video since my description probably wont be too good. The minute i saw this guys hitmontop palkia lead i knew he knew what he was doing or was at least tutored by some one. He fakes out kyogre while palkia aura spheres almost putting aboma into red while she blizzards and freezes top. Next she ice shards before going down and muddy waters killing top and putting palkia in the red, He sends out kyogre while emi sends in palkia. Victor's palkia and kygore attack first both activating emi's berries while she returns fire koing palkia and paralyzing kyogre. After sending ludicolo in, he grass knots killing palkia while emi finishes off his kyogre with thunder. Emi sends in latios, now all she has to do is draco meteor twice and she wins, first ludicolo kills kyogre and latios misses, there goes that, as ludicolo fires ice beam, Nick McCord points at the screen saying this could be it folks, but latios hangs on in there. Latios fires another Draco Meteor and gets a crit winning the game! I was so happy i couldn't believe she won, even if she got a ton of hax she played really well and i would've probably done most of the same moves she chose. After that she was swarmed by the paperazzi and that transvestite guy dressed as jessie ran up and insisted on a picture with emi. Now on to my story.

My team,

Abamasnow@Focus Sash
Quiet
252 HP, 252 SpAtk, 4 Atk
~Blizzard
~Grass Knot
~Ice Shard
~Protect

Kyogre@Sitrus Berry
Modest
244 HP, 252 SpAtk, 12 Spe
~Blizzard
~Muddy Water
~Thunder
~Protect

Giratina@Yache Berry
Adamant
244 HP, 252 Atk, 12 Spe or 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe i can't remember which
~Shadow Force
~Will-O-wisp
~Dragon Claw
~Protect

Missionary
Blissey@Chople Berry
Calm
4 HP, 252 Def, 252 SpDef
~Blizzard
~Toxic
~Softboiled
~Protect

Baisically alaka's team with minor differences. I literally decided to use this his team while i was waiting in line and had blizzard on blissey because i forgot icywind but by then it was too late. Most people use Shadow Sneak instead of Will-O-Wisp on giratina but it has saved me so many times against groudon, Sucker Punching Croagunks, and Ttars so i decided to keep it.

R1: I face this guy who looks like he's around 14 or 15 and says he knows about smogon. He leads with a rayquaza and steelix, he activates sash and i ko both with blizzard and muddy water. His last guy was absol and i forgot the other one but i think kygore or blissey pulled out the victory.
R2: My next opponent is also a smogon lurker, i forgot a lot of this battle but I almost lost because of paralysis and missing moves. It came down to his metagross and i think palkia against my blissey and giratina. I shadowforce or am about to attack while blissey and palkia double protect, then meta explodes sealing his fate.
R3: Another smogon lurker, are more people becoming aware about evs or am i just unlucky? I tell him i'm a member and he looks scared and says he'll probably loose but we we both say gl and start our battle. He leads with palkia and aboma, he spatial rends aboma and grass knots kyogre while i double blizzard killing his abomasnow. The next part really kills me, i ice shard his palkia and it lives with one health! i can't believe it and you'll see what i mean if you watch the video. anyways aboma and kyogre both die to his CS Nightslash giratina spatial rend from palkia while hail kills palkia. Finally i send out blissey and giratina while he sends out TTar, one of the last pokemon i wanted to face with this team. The battle battle was pretty much won until he crunch haxed me three times but it was a long battle so something like that was bound to happen, you be the judge.
Video #:92-085553-73114

He looked really happy that he'd won and i don't even care that i lost, my tutored sibling got first place so i'm going to Indianapolis anyways and i'm still psyched from her winning, can't to see you all at Nationals

dude i think that was me who beat u, and ya that crunch hax saved me but in my defence i had 2/15 crunches left. it was a really good battle though. just so u kno i got top 8 at newark

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
sweet, glad you made it that far, better you get the invitation then me since i'm already going.

Mine is going to be even later than yours, I am waiting for the person I went against in my first round (who I was on line next to) to put up our battle on Youtube. After that I am going to have my war story. Also I remember watching the finals of the Juniors, that freeze was pretty lucky, as well for how long that freeze lasted.

Finals:Video
Your better off watching the video since my description probably wont be too good. The minute i saw this guys hitmontop palkia lead i knew he knew what he was doing or was at least tutored by some one.
I gave my team to that guy, so I gave him the basics of that team so I guess you could say I kinda tutored him. Glad to see my team making it to the finals.

Congrats to your sister for winning it and great job yourself.

Congrats for your sister, I am tutoring my sister for the VGC's this year,as we didn't have a team on time.

Anyway I guess you are proud for your sister, and hard luck on your loss you would have won was it not for hax, but atleast you are going to the nationals anyway :)

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
Congratulations on your sister's big victory, and Cybertron's brother for runner-up, all in the family. Wish we could've met while there again.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mine is going to be even later than yours, I am waiting for the person I went against in my first round (who I was on line next to) to put up our battle on Youtube. After that I am going to have my war story. Also I remember watching the finals of the Juniors, that freeze was pretty lucky, as well for how long that freeze lasted.
You could be waiting a long time if you don't have any other way of contacting your first round opponent. Don't wait to post it!

What happened with the juniors video? It seemed to glitch up near the end. Is there a full version elsewhere?

I am contacting him through Youtube, someone on Pokemon Online helped me find his Youtube. He is putting up videos from the VGC already though so our battle should probably be up there soon.

EDIT: And speaking of Pokemon Online I am #3 on the VGC Ladder on it.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
yeah, the whole battle was pretty one sided, but don't wait post your story.

I gave my team to that guy, so I gave him the basics of that team so I guess you could say I kinda tutored him. Glad to see my team making it to the finals.

Congrats to your sister for winning it and great job yourself.
thx, i hope she doesn't have to fight victor at nationals, that kid was probably the best junior competitor and the fact that she didn't fight him until the last match was miraculous.

Heeeey.

Congrats on your sister winning! (and beating my brother hehe) Hope to see you and her at Indy :)
thx, congrats on you both making it and see you there.

Congrats for your sister, I am tutoring my sister for the VGC's this year,as we didn't have a team on time.

Anyway I guess you are proud for your sister, and hard luck on your loss you would have won was it not for hax, but atleast you are going to the nationals anyway :)
thx, i'm sort of surprised and glad she won.

Congratulations on your sister's big victory, and Cybertron's brother for runner-up, all in the family. Wish we could've met while there again.
thx, yeah i was feeling nauseous so we just left right after i got eliminated.

You could be waiting a long time if you don't have any other way of contacting your first round opponent. Don't wait to post it!

What happened with the juniors video? It seemed to glitch up near the end. Is there a full version elsewhere?
No i don't think so, i've been looking on youtube for one but at the end latios survives the ice beam and hits ludicolo with draco meteor and crits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)