Absol (Full Revamp) +

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
A few things aside, we must obviously update this thanks to SuperPower. I'm going to list in order what to add:

- Swords Dance
- Choice Band
- Mixed Sweeper
- Choice Scarf
- Anti-Lead

I think the other sets just seem lackluster. Expect this to be done later this week.

---
[SET]
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Sucker Punch
move 3: Superpower
move 4: Night Slash / Psycho Cut
item: Life Orb
ability: Super Luck
nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>When you combine Swords Dance with a powerful priority attack in Sucker Punch, it makes Absol a difficult Pokemon to take down. Absol has the strongest priority attack in the game and it helps accommodate its mediocre Speed. Superpower is Absol’s best attack against those that resist Sucker Punch, mainly Steel and Dark-types. Psycho Cut has use in the UU environment; however, Night Slash is an excellent attack paired up with Super Luck. Night Slash is useful on Absol for an attack against slower things without risking a misprediction. Psycho Cut not only handles the abundant Poison-types in UU, but also hits the Fighting-type Pokemon that otherwise resist Sucker Punch. In the OU environment, it is Absol’s best weapon against Machamp and Hariyama.</p>

<p>While Fighting-types such as Hitmontop are viable threats against Absol, a Life Orbed Swords Dance Sucker Punch will do 64 – 75% damage to a 304 HP / 226 Def Hitmontop without Intimidate. In other words, you can take down a weakened Hitmontop provided that you Swords Dance on the switch and follow-up with Sucker Punch. If the recoil from Life Orb is unappealing, Scope Lens is the best alternative. It pairs well with Super Luck to boost its critical hit ratio up to 12.5% of the time before using Night Slash or Psycho Cut. Fire Blast with a neutral or even a negative nature makes a good alternative to Psycho Cut. In OU, it 2HKOes Skarmory, and Steelix in UU.</p>

[SET]
name: "BlackJack" (Choice Band)
move 1: Sucker Punch
move 2: Superpower
move 3: Fire Blast
move 4: Night Slash / Pursuit
item: Choice Band
nature: Lonely / Adamant

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Choice Band allows Absol to forego setting up and hit hard right off the bat. If 591 Attack isn’t appealing enough, Fire Blast does 59% on average against 334 HP / 176 SpD Skarmory with a neutral nature. With Fire Blast, you can gamble on Absol's chances with Super Luck or have Stealth Rock aid the 2HKO with a negative nature. Superpower is Absol’s secondary attack. It is equal in power to a STAB Sucker Punch, though it loses power after using it once. Night Slash is to ease prediction against slower opponents while Pursuit hits fleeing Pokemon equal to Sucker Punch’s power. Pursuit and Sucker Punch put many frail Pokemon into a difficult situation: whether to flee and get hit by Pursuit or retaliate and succumb to Sucker Punch.</p>

<p>In comparison of sets, this is Absol’s best bet in OU. There is very little time for Absol to set up Swords Dance in OU since Absol cannot take much of a beating. The Rotom appliances suffer a quick OHKO with Sucker Punch or by Pursuit if Rotom decides to be smart and flee from the situation. Sucker Punch can also OHKO Shaymin-S with Stealth Rock factored in the calculation.</p>

[SET]
name: Mixed Sweeper
move 2: Fire Blast
item: Life Orb
nature: Lonely / Hasty
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SpA / 216 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Unlike the previous sets, this takes advantage of the vulnerability of Absol’s counters on the special side of the spectrum and retaliates against them. Fire Blast 2HKOes Steelix and Skarmory while it OHKOes Forretress and Scizor. Sucker Punch is an excellent choice with this set to take advantage of the Pokemon that are faster than Absol. Superpower OHKOes Cloyster, Tyranitar, and Heatran with Stealth Rock factored in. Psycho Cut is for the omnipotent Poison and Fighting-types while Night Slash gives Absol a secondary attack against slower opponents.</p>

<p>Life Orb is the best item for this set. With a Hasty nature and 240 Speed EVs, Absol can outpace Adamant Toxicroak and OHKO with Psycho Cut. In order to obtain this, simply take the EVs from Special Attack. Scope Lens is rather an inferior option, but is the best alternative for the set if you dislike the Life Orb recoil.</p>

[SET]
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Night Slash
move 3: Psycho Cut
move 4: Pursuit
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Adamant / Lonely

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>A Pokemon with mediocre Speed and an excellent Attack stat makes them a natural choice for a Choice Scarf. With Choice Scarf Absol obtains 373 Speed outpacing Jolly Persian at best. Night Slash is the main attack on this set instead of Sucker Punch due to the higher Speed. Superpower will intimidate those that resist Night Slash while Psycho Cut hampers down Fighting-types. Pursuit is the best option in the final slot as Absol can use it easily thanks to the boost in Speed.</p>

[SET]
name: Anti-Lead
move 1: Taunt
move 2: Counter
move 3: Sucker Punch
move 4: Night Slash / Magic Coat
item: Focus Sash
nature: Hasty
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This set makes a decent anti-lead with the moves Taunt and Counter. Taunt basically shuts down walls from laying down their entry hazards, while Counter takes care of most Fighting-types looking to end Absol as soon as possible, with Sucker Punch picking them off should they survive the blow. The last slot is up for grabs really between Night Slash, Pursuit, and Magic Coat. Night Slash is a good STAB attack to have in case an opponent smartens up and try to stall out Sucker Punch's low PP; Pursuit on the other hand deals a hefty amount of damage to most leads fleeing from Absol, while Magic Coat is a bit more gimmicky but provides an excellent answer to all those fast sleepers like Jumpluff or even Butterfree.</p>

<p>EVs are a bit straightforward. Max Speed allows Absol to reach 273, just barely outspeeding neutral max base 85s. With Focus Sash basically protecting you from all direct damage, the practical thing to do is to invest all the remaining EVs into maximizing Attack, to add as much damage possible to the attacks you've chosen to carry. The remaining EVs are dumped into HP for good measure.</p>

[Other Options]
<p>The first attack that springs to mind is Stone Edge. Coupled with Super Luck, its best use is in standard to hit Gyarados and Salamence harder than Absol's other attacks would. Zen Headbutt has more power than Psycho Cut, but the latter's higher critical hit rate and better accuracy more than make up for the slight power drop.</p>

<p>Absol can Baton Pass Mean Look, Swords Dance, Calm Mind, and Curse. Baton Passing Mean Look is one of Absol’s few niches compared to the rest of the UU Baton Passers. Swords Dance is better left to Scyther, while Hypno and Mr. Mime pass Calm Minds better than Absol. It is one of the few Pokemon that can Baton Pass Curse as well, but there are still better choices for this job.</p>

<p>Will-O-Wisp can burn opponents while Thunder Wave can cripple some fast sweepers. Perish Song ruins Baton Pass chains. Finally, Absol learns Wish as a NYPC move. It is, however, illegal with many of Absol’s egg moves.</p>

[EVs]
<p>Max Attack is highly recommended on any set with Absol followed by maxing out Speed. The Mixed Sweeper should stick with the given EV spread to give Fire Blast the extra kick to ensure the 2HKOes and OHKOes listed. A Jolly nature isn’t recommended but it allows Absol to outpace neutral natured Toxicroak and Heracross.</p>

[Opinion]
<p>Absol is considered the “Disaster” Pokemon, bringing bad luck to anyone that meets it. Well, at least for the opponent. STAB Sucker Punch is Absol’s biggest selling point. In fact, Absol has the strongest priority move in the game in Sucker Punch. Swords Dance and a monstrous 130 Attack stat makes switching into Absol difficult; and if that wasn’t bad enough, Super Luck allows Absol a good chance of landing a critical hit. Its only real downfalls are its intolerable defenses and an average Speed stat.</p>

[Counters]
<p>In UU, Hitmontop with Intimidate is the best Absol counter. It isn't OHKOed by a Sucker Punch and Mach Punch is doing hefty damage on Absol. It must beware of Psycho Cut as it will do massive damage even with Intimidate factored in. Drapion resists Sucker Punch and has an immunity to Psycho Cut. The only concern Drapion should have is a Swords Danced Superpower. It should focus on being faster than Absol to at least harm it with Brick Break or X-Scissor. Fighting-types with Mach Punch make most Absol think twice before retaliating. Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan work best as both of them are faster than Absol. Steelix can survive an unboosted Superpower and retaliate with Earthquake.</p>

<p>In standard, Skarmory is the best counter to most of Absol’s attacks. Fire Blast is the only attack Skarmory should worry about. Choice Scarf Heatran resists Sucker Punch, is able to absorb Fire Blast thanks to Flash Fire, and can end Absol with a swift Fire Blast of its own. Be very careful of Superpower if you opt to use Heatran as a counter. Registeel can’t tolerate repeated Superpowers and Fire Blasts, but it can survive at least one of these assaults thanks to its 150 / 150 defenses. Machamp and Hariyama are excellent counters to Absol if it lacks Psycho Cut. Hippowdon can switch into Absol most of the time and scare it off or Roar out any Swords Dance boosts. A Swords Danced Sucker Punch or Night Slash will hurt though.</p>

<p>In reality, it is rather difficult to switch into Absol with “prediction”. After a Swords Dance, Absol can severely damage many of its counters while outpacing a lot of them. The best strategy to taking down Absol is to target its two key vulnerable points: its defenses and its Speed stat.</p>

Cool, but I think the Choice Scarf needs to be higher up than the Mixed Sweeper. Mixed Sweeper is more of a gimmicky set. Choice Scarf could also be merged into the Choice Band, as it's basically the same set with the same EVs, Nature(s), and moves.

Cool, but I think the Choice Scarf needs to be higher up than the Mixed Sweeper. Mixed Sweeper is more of a gimmicky set. Choice Scarf could also be merged into the Choice Band, as it's basically the same set with the same EVs, Nature(s), and moves.
Actually, with Choice Scarf you don't need to invest as much in speed so can use special attacks as needed. I don't think the CB set is the same in that case ;)

my two cents on the choice band set (I love this thing) from the Houndoom thread

I think Absol is a serious contender for this set. You lose out on a resistance to Bullet Punch (which judging by the calcs is pretty much meaningless), some Speed (Lucario will OHKO you with ExtremeSpeed anyway and Sucker Punch does shit all) and an immunity to Fire.

On the plus side you've got a very sexy 130 base Attack to work with. You've a far more powerful attack for the last slot, Superpower, which will OHKO both Heatran and Tyranitar, thus ending that choice. It's also the same power as a STAB Sucker Punch, so if you're in on something that'll stay in and not attack (CM Cune, I don't fucking know) you can still hit it for reasonable power. You maintain the ability to utilise Fire attacks with Fire Blast (with a negative nature, another plus) OHKOing Scizor and Forretress and 2HKOing Skarm.

Considering the Sucker Punch / Pursuit / Superpower / Fire Blast set and that you don't really need much more kick behind Fire Blast, you can stick it with a Choice Band. 591 (max, adamant, CB) is more than enough to OHKO a 252 HP / 136 Defense Bold Rotom-(whatever) with Sucker Punch or Pursuit when switching , 112% - 132% (more than enough to 2HKO with Pursuit if it says in, too). The Houndoom as listed above hits 252 HP Suicune for 38% - 45% with HP Electric, while a max Attack Adamant CB Absol hits a 252 HP/252 Defense Bold 'Cune for 35%-41% with Sucker Punch / Pursuit (if switching) / Superpower. I know 'Cune won't always be attacking, but it's not much of a difference considering both are possible yet neither are confirmed 3HKOs. Starmie is OHKO'd by Sucker Punch from Absol, easily.

Considering that, and this being a counter, Attack EVs could be dropped in favour of Sp. Defense/HP (covering a fault of Absol vs. Houndoom, 60 vs 80 base Sp. Defense). That, or Lum could be run. Even with 0 Attack EVs, Adamant and a Choice Band, a Rotom-X with those EVs would still be OHKO'd by the same attacks with Choice Band and rocks (93%-109%).

I realise that Absol can be hit by WoW while Houndoom can't, but I still feel this should be considered. If you can dodge WoW or use Lum, you get a lot more bang for your buck. Max Attack Adamant 'Sol with Lum still has more power than an Expert Belt boosted 80 [as specified] Attack EV Houndoom [physical STAB attack], with the plus of not having to hit for Super Effective damage.

oh, and, 591 Attack Absol Sucker Punch / Pursuit (if switching obviously) straight up OHKOs Skymin with Stealth Rock, 80% - 94%.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The Mixed Attacker is NOT even close to gimmicky. I've tested it while I've played UU and I can attest that it is quite the threat. The Choice Scarf set shouldn't be added over that because Sucker Punch is usually "enough" for Absol most of the time. Just because I don't play UU all the time doesn't make me completely off the wall.

As for Anti, I will look further into how Absol is viable in the OU environment as I believe it is the best set for it in that tier. Its slightly frail to attempt the Swords Dance (granted: he CAN get it in during the switch).

Okay, but remember to mention that Absol is one of the few Trap Passers in the game, and that it can also pass useful moves like Swords Dance and Calm Mind to pass, AND gets Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave.

maddog

is a master debater
is a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, but remember to mention that Absol is one of the few Trap Passers in the game, and that it can also pass useful moves like Swords Dance and Calm Mind to pass, AND gets Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave.
Yeah, but its defenses are less than stellar for that job. It would need to be played very carefully.

I agree with maddog. Why would you want to try and pass something when you can't even live through a decent hit. Trap Passing can only be used on something that absolutely can't hurt Absol, such as...Lopunny. Other Options, I guess.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
Yeah I know. The Trap Passer and the "Calm Mind Passer" are Other Options material. Same with status moves for the most part.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
4 sets uploaded with me only having to do Choice Scarf and all.

Now that I think about it, should I add Baton Pass Swords Dance? I feel it is simply OO material myself; however, with input I'll consider it further.

A few things aside, we must obviously update this thanks to SuperPower. I'm going to list in order what to add:

- Swords Dance
- Choice Band
- Mixed Sweeper
- Choice Scarf
- Anti-Lead

I think the other sets just seem lackluster. Expect this to be done later this week.

---

[SET]
move 2: Sucker Punch / Night Slash
move 3: SuperPower
move 4: Psycho Cut
item: Life Orb / Scope Lens
nature: Adamant / Jolly

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>When you combine Swords Dance with a powerful priority attack in Sucker Punch, it makes Absol a difficult Pokemon to take down. Absol has the strongest priority attack in the game and it helps accommodate its mediocre Speed. SuperPower is Absol’s best attack against those that resist Sucker Punch, mainly Steel and Dark-types. Psycho Cut is the best option for Absol in the UU environment. It not only handles the abundant Poison-types in UU, but also hits the Fighting-type Pokemon that otherwise resist Sucker Punch. In the OU environment, it is Absol’s best weapon against Machamp and Hariyama.</p>

<p>Because Pokemon such as Hitmontop (What kind of pokemon are you talking about? Fighting Types?) are viable threats against Absol, a Life Orbed Swords Dance Sucker Punch will do 64 – 75% damage to a 304 HP / 226 Def Hitmontop (assuming no Intimidate?). In other words, you can take down a weakened Hitmontop provided that you Swords Dance on the switch and follow-up with Sucker Punch. Night Slash is a rather mediocre option, however, it pairs well with Super Luck. It also gives Absol a reliable STAB attack when the opponent is attempting to play mind games against it. Although Psycho Cut is the best option in slot four, Night Slash is viable in this slot to hit the Pokemon slower than Absol without risking a misprediction. If the recoil from Life Orb is unappealing, Scope Lens is the best alternative. It pairs well with Super Luck to boost its critical hit ratio up to 12.5% of the time before using Night Slash or Psycho Cut. Fire Blast with a neutral or even a negative nature makes a good alternative to Psycho Cut. In OU, it 2HKOes Skarmory and Steelix in UU.</p>

For the CBer I'd recommend mention of the sucker punch / pursuit gable: if you attack you get hit, if you switch you get hit. assuming prediction. name it Blackjack :P

51% min vs Skarm with Fire Blast and negative nature with spare EVs in sp.a - an ohko with crit. Why not make it -sp. a?

why+ Speed? Sucker Punch is the best aspect and it's weakened, and not for much. You outspeed Heracross, whom you can't OHKO and can be scarfed.

591 Attack is only with + Attack nature (and CB).

[SET]
move 2: Sucker Punch / Night Slash
move 4: Psycho Cut
nature: Adamant / Jolly

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>When you combine Swords Dance with a powerful priority attack in Sucker Punch, it makes Absol a difficult Pokemon to take down. Absol has the strongest priority attack in the game and it helps accommodate its mediocre Speed. Superpower is Absol’s best attack against those that resist Sucker Punch, mainly Steel and Dark-types. Psycho Cut is the best option for Absol in the UU environment. It not only handles the abundant Poison-types in UU, but also hits the Fighting-type Pokemon that otherwise resist Sucker Punch. In the OU environment, it is Absol’s best weapon against Machamp and Hariyama.</p>

<p>While Fighting-types such as Hitmontop are viable threats against Absol, a Life Orbed Swords Dance Sucker Punch will do 64 – 75% damage to a 304 HP / 226 Def Hitmontop without Intimidate. In other words, you can take down a weakened Hitmontop provided that you Swords Dance on the switch and follow-up with Sucker Punch. Night Slash is a rather mediocre option; however, it pairs well with Super Luck. It also gives Absol a reliable STAB attack when the opponent is attempting to play mind games against it. Although Psycho Cut is the best option in slot four, Night Slash is viable in this slot to hit the Pokemon slower than Absol without risking a misprediction. If the recoil from Life Orb is unappealing, Scope Lens is the best alternative. It pairs well with Super Luck to boost its critical hit ratio up to 12.5% of the time before using Night Slash or Psycho Cut. Fire Blast with a neutral or even a negative nature makes a good alternative to Psycho Cut. In OU, it 2HKOes Skarmory, and Steelix in UU.</p>

[SET]
name: "BlackJack" (Choice Band)
move 3: Fire Blast
move 4: Night Slash / Pursuit
item: Choice Band
nature: Lonely / Adamant

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Choice Band allows Absol to forego setting up and hit hard right off the bat. If 591 Attack isn’t appealing enough, Fire Blast does 59% on average against 334 HP / 176 SpD Skarmory with a neutral nature. With Fire Blast, you can gamble on Absol's chances with Super Luck or have Stealth Rock aid the 2HKO with a negative nature. Superpower is Absol’s secondary attack. It is equal in power to a STAB Sucker Punch, though it loses power after using it once. Night Slash is to ease prediction against slower opponents while Pursuit hits fleeing Pokemon equal to Sucker Punch’s power. Pursuit and Sucker Punch put many frail Pokemon into a difficult situation: whether to flee and get hit by Pursuit or retaliate and succumb to Sucker Punch.</p>

<p>In comparison of sets, this is Absol’s best set in OU. There is very little time for Absol to set ups Swords Dance when Absol cannot take much of a beating. The Rotom appliances suffer a quick OHKO with Sucker Punch or by Pursuit if Rotom decides to be smart and flee from the situation. Sucker Punch can also OHKO Shaymin-S with Stealth Rock factored in the calculation.</p>

[SET]
name: Mixed Sweeper
move 2: Fire Blast
nature: Lonely / Hasty
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SpA / 216 Spe

[SET COMMETNS]
<p>Unlike the previous sets, this takes advantage of Absol’s counters and retaliates against them. Fire Blast 2HKOes Steelix and Skarmory while it OHKOes Forretress and Scizor. Sucker Punch is an excellent choice with this set to take advantage of the Pokemon that are faster than Absol. Superpower OHKOes Cloyster, Tyranitar, and Heatran with Stealth Rock factored in. Psycho Cut is for the omnipotent Poison and Fighting-types while Night Slash gives Absol a secondary attack against slower opponents.</p>

<p>Life Orb is the best item for this set. With a Hasty nature and 240 Speed EVs, Absol can outpace Adamant Toxicroak and retaliate with Psycho Cut. In order to obtain this, simply take the EVs from Special Attack. Scope Lens is rather an inferior option, but is the best alternative for the set.</p>

[SET]
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Night Slash
move 3: Psycho Cut / Fire Blast
move 4: Pursuit
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Adamant / Lonely

[SET COMMENTS]

[SET]
name: Anti-Lead
move 1: Taunt
move 2: Counter
move 3: Sucker Punch
move 4: Night Slash / Magic Coat
item: Focus Sash
nature: Hasty
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This set makes a decent anti-lead with the moves Taunt + Counter. Taunt basically shuts down walls from laying down their entry hazards, while Counter takes care of most Fighting-types looking to end Absol as soon as possible, with Sucker Punch picking them off should they survive the blow. The last slot is up for grabs really between Night Slash, Pursuit, and Magic Coat. Night Slash is a good STAB attack to have in case opponents smarten up and try to stall on Sucker Punch's low PP; Pursuit on the other hand deals a hefty amount of damage to most leads fleeing from Absol, while Magic Coat is a bit more gimmicky but provides an excellent answer to all those fast sleepers like Jumpluff or even Butterfree.</p>

<p>EVs are a bit straightforward. Max Speed allows Absol to reach 273, just barely outspeeding neutral max base 85s. With Focus Sash basically protecting you from all direct damage, the practical thing to do is to invest all the remaining EVs into maximizing Attack, to add as much damage possible to the attacks you've chosen to carry. The remaining EVs are dumped into HP for good measure.</p>
>_> Yeah, I;m posting again.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
Thank you Shiki. But according to here:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35397

"Attacks that are not words in themselves, but are made of two or more real English words (ThunderPunch, SolarBeam), have their second part capitalized as well.Conditions, such as "Gyarados was Thunderbolted", are capitalized."

So it would actually be SuperPower. Otherwise I'll add those in soon. Thank you once again guys. ^_^

Those restrictions are taken from ingame, and Superpower is an exception. Nothing overrides how it is ingame and it's Superpower.

as a user of Absol for a long time in UU, I do really think the SD set should look like this:

- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Night Slash / Psycho Cut

Sucker Punch is non-negotiable, so no slashes there. It OHKOs Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan (not to mention you can use Superpower for an OHKO on these two) and some Toxicroak after SD and SR damage. Weezing after ~80% is OHKOed by +2 Life Orb Night Slash too, making Psycho Cut kind of pointless.

Night Slash prevents things like Claydol, Hypno and defensive Rotom from statusing you, not to mention it is an overall reliable STAB attack for slower things, and I found me using it all the time
On the other hand, Psycho Cut only has its uses for Intimidate Hitmontop - for the Life Orb one, just Superpower on the switch and next time a +2 Sucker Punch finishes it off.

Edit: Adamant and Life Orb should be the only options too, although I understand the use of Scope Lens... but why go Jolly if you have the strongest priority in the game and from Adamant to Jolly you outspeed nothing significant?

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
stvn's right...I really can't see what you're accomplishing by going Jolly. Everything that sits between 249 and 273 gets obliterated by Sucker Punch. Enemy Jolly Absol and Adamant 'Croak are all that spring to mind and even they're likely to be OHKO'd by +2 LO Sucker Punch.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
Might need help with other counters. I'm thinking of removing the Rotom as far as a counter in UU since a Dark-type attack really hurts it. Otherwise the rest of it has been added.

<p>Will-O-Wisp can burn opponents while Thunder Wave slows down the opponent. Perish Song cripples Baton Pass chains Finally, Absol learns Wish as a NYPC move. It is, however, illegal with many of Absol’s egg moves.</p>
Nitpick, but period after 'chains'. Also I think a Baton Passing set at least deserves mention. I've actually used Mean Look passing Absol with relative success on my BP team, and given its competition being Ariados, it's pretty much the only viable trap passer in UU. It usually has to pose as a sweeper set the first time it comes out, and Mean Look only when appropriate later in the game, though.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
Fixed. Also:
<p>Absol can Baton Pass Mean Look, Swords Dance, Calm Mind, and Curse. Baton Passing Mean Look is one of Absol’s few niches in comparison to other Baton Passers such as Scyther and Hypno, who arguably pass Swords Dance and Calm Mind better respectively...
I threw Mean Look into Other Options. Really I feel Absol is better as a sweeper than a supporter, but I'm open to discussion of it / etc.

*Gives flag for grammar people I guess*. >_>

Psycho Cut is NOT the best move for Absol in UU on the Swords Dancer. Having Night Slash to hit switches, or walls that phaze you or status you is much more important than hitting Fighting-types and certain Poison-types. Most Fighting-types are faster than you and frail, and unlikely to switch directly in to Absol, so they are better dealt with by Sucker Punch. The defensive Fighters (Intimidate Hitmontop, Poliwrath) take around 80% from +2 Superpower, making them easy to dispose of in the later game. The same goes for the likes of Weezing and Night Slash.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)