Almost Any Ability XY Viability Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I'm not denying that unaware cune is monster, I'm just saying it has other options. For instance:

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 244-289 (60.3 - 71.5%)
4 SpA Suicune Scald vs. -2 0 HP / 4 SpD Terrakion: 348-410 (107.7 - 126.9%

With protect and poison heal, Suicune can actually switch in and beat adaptability Terrakion, a feat which Unaware cannot accomplish.
Also with ph you can run roar so opposing PH users such as cresselia can't set up in front of you

One poke that I think should go up in the ranks is Umbreon, primarily due to this set:

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Gengar counter. Can't touch this shit.
Hum, gengar isn't really a threat in AAA, and umbreon would be a lot more usefull with unaware, PH or something like that. Maybe even intimidate.
To be honest, i don't really think this is a good set. and umbreon is still severely outclassed.

Hum, gengar isn't really a threat in AAA, and umbreon would be a lot more usefull with unaware, PH or something like that. Maybe even intimidate.
To be honest, i don't really think this is a good set. and umbreon is still severely outclassed.
Yeah I mean to delete this, I posted a much better Bulletproof set in the other thread with Cofag

Question, why isn't Mega Tyranitar ranked? It performs very well in this meta, removing Rain and Sun from the field as well as providing a solid check to Latios and Cresselia.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
sorry for double posting but this is an update post:
  • the ranks have been updated/revamped!
  • also there are some gr8 lower rank mons that might go unnoticed and end up in C when they should be in A- or something so please feel free to nominate those
  • start nominating pokemon again ^_^

I think Thundurus-I should be high A rank. Life orb sheer force sets do a lot of damage, and it has a really good speed tier that lets it outspeed common threats such as Lati@s, Keldeo, Terrakion, and Gengar. It's typing also allows it to take a hit from a Gale Wings user and OHKO back with Thunderbolt, and it can also act as a decent check to Suicune as long as it hasn't gotten too many boosts yet.

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 429-507 (106.1 - 125.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

After a Nasty Plot, it has the potential to OHKO Chansey after Stealth Rocks or a bit of prior damage.

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Thundurus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 549-647 (77.9 - 91.9%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Yeah I mean to delete this, I posted a much better Bulletproof set in the other thread with Cofag
I've seen it, and i think i thought you. This cofa set is indeed pretty good.

For the rank I still think azelf=thunderus>gengar as LO sheer force users because they can be mixed, have a better speed tier and have better coverage overall

Eviolithe regenerator doublade should be around B rank because of his ability to counter all gale wing users and check/counter phisical sweeper in general (mostly fighting types like terrakion or lucario) and toxic on the switch. also anoy stuff like chansey/ferro. It can even switch on latios and shadow sneak if weakened.

Still no mention of PH snorlax :(

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
I still don't know why terrakion hasn't been mentioned yet. It has great coverage and power, and LO Protean/sheer force set, or even an adaptability set would both be extremely good. It still has taunt and stealth rock, taunt making it a great stallbreaker as well due to its sheer power.

I still don't know why terrakion hasn't been mentioned yet. It has great coverage and power, and LO Protean/sheer force set, or even an adaptability set would both be extremely good. It still has taunt and stealth rock, taunt making it a great stallbreaker as well due to its sheer power.
He's in high A rank

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
but he's not getting talked about. Nobody even mentions him, like I haven't seen his name in pages and pages of the main and on this thread at all. This was actually the wrong thread I was posting on though I meant to post on the main. Thread title too longgg

I believe that Octillery should be at least C rank in this tier, u can patch up its only flaw which was speed by giving it swift swim, all you need is a great rain starter for example i use Ferrothorn for my drizzle user and i have swept many AAA teams with Octillery it makes great use on good rain teams. Not to mention its amazing move pool both physically and specially with decent 105 base power in attack and special attack.

Weaponry 8 Ways (Octillery) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Seed Bomb
- Rock Blast
- Gunk Shot
In conclusion using Octillery has gotten me to the point where i barely loose with rain in AAA.
http://prntscr.com/4hzt02

I believe that Octillery should be at least C rank in this tier, u can patch up its only flaw which was speed by giving it swift swim, all you need is a great rain starter for example i use Ferrothorn for my drizzle user and i have swept many AAA teams with Octillery it makes great use on good rain teams. Not to mention its amazing move pool both physically and specially with decent 105 base power in attack and special attack.

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Seed Bomb
- Rock Blast
- Gunk Shot
In conclusion using Octillery has gotten me to the point where i barely loose with rain in AAA.
http://prntscr.com/4hzt02
It seems sad that you don't run a mixed set, it makes both of your sets easy to wall.
Also, fire blast in rain ? Not good. It only hits ferro, and a lot of ferro have flash fire

This is a rather big nomination, but Heatran for mid S rank . Let me explain:

S Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are amazing in the metagame. These Pokemon are usually able to perform a variety of roles effectively, or can just do one extremely well. Their use has low risk involved and high reward exerted. Pokemon in this rank have very few flaws that are patched up by numerous positive traits.

When it all comes down to it, Heatran is definitely one of the best pokemon in the metagame. It is able to go both offensive and defensive extremely effectively.

Defensively: Heatran's typing is absolutely perfect for AAA. After Levitate, it has a whopping 9 resistances and 2 immunities, most of them prominent attacking types (Dragon, Ice, Fairy, Flying, Normal, Ground). With this typing, it can effortlessly wall many of the premier threats in the meta, such as Mamoswine, Cresselia, and Garchomp just to name a few. Or it can opt for a water absorb tran that could give it a form of recovery outside lefties and tank the water/ice coverage that we see so much. It could possibly even run a regenerator set if need be, which allows it to form an extremely annoying core with something like Amoonguss; or maybe a prankster variant that sets up rocks and burns things; the possibilities are (almost) endless. 90/106/106 bulk is pretty good, combined with access to moves such as will-o-wisp and roar to further boost its utility.

Offensively: Of course, if Heatran were only a defensive pokemon, it probably wouldn't deserve S rank. However, recently, ChloroTran has been getting more popular, as it deserves; ChloroTran is one of the scariest offensive threats in the metagame. Its sun boosted Eruption 2HKOs things like Chansey and Suicune, and OHKOs things like Azumarill (after rocks) and Keldeo. The amount that ChloroTran has affected the meta is probably enough for Mid A rank or even A+ rank. The fact is, the thing is almost impossible to wall (outside of things like AV regen Goodra + Regen Chansey core) without flash fire, and even then, a well played ChloroTran destroys teams. Not to mention that its typing allows it to tank Refrigerate Extremespeeds and Pixilate Extremespeeds with ease, kill gale wings users, and not care about toxics and will-o-wisps that otherwise put you on a timer. And with far more reliable sun setters in the tier as opposed to OU, keeping sun up for this thing isn't really a problem.

Of course, maybe Mid S rank is still a bit too much for it, we'll see.

Because it hasn't yet been updated.

Also this:
This is really helpful, but would be even more so if you edited in commonly used Abilities for each ranked mon. Could you do that? I kinda wanna get in AAA more but also I want to know the meta a bit before I start playing :]
For the new thread. Zewwok did some on the previous page but I think it's better to just list abilities and keep sample sets in the main thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)