Parliament of Parchment

Hey Andrew :)! Do you draw humans? If so, could you draw Iggy Azalea with a Mega Gardevoir? If not, could you maybe draw a cute Misdreavus doing somethign cute? :) thanks!

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
i just now got around to reading through your entire thread (sorry for all the like spam!!), and i'm so amazed by how much you've improved from when you posted this thread. the dynamism and variation in your style both impresses me and inspires me to try new styles and tools when i go back to working on my own art, and i think i'll be coming back to this thread just to find new inspiration on occasion. i think the ludicolo you drew for S0L1D G0LD a few pages back has been my favorite piece you've made because of the simplicity and personality in it, but honestly it's super hard to pick because you've made so many great works of art over the past year.

i do have a couple of short questions for you, though:

1. what is your favorite piece you've made so far that you've shared with us on the forum (or if you're willing to show it!)? if you can't pick your favorite, which ones were the most enjoyable to work on as a whole?
2. what's your preferred program to work in? i know you mentioned several (like GIMP, etc) when i was going through your thread, but just out of curiousity :o

also, i read your arterview some time ago and i'd like to thank you for directing me to this post by NJ which i would have never stumbled upon otherwise, and also your own advice towards the end. i think i'll be following this thread closely, haha. i love your work!

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Hey man, could I get a drawing of a Pangoro?

Thanks.
hope you like it

i just now got around to reading through your entire thread (sorry for all the like spam!!), and i'm so amazed by how much you've improved from when you posted this thread. the dynamism and variation in your style both impresses me and inspires me to try new styles and tools when i go back to working on my own art, and i think i'll be coming back to this thread just to find new inspiration on occasion. i think the ludicolo you drew for S0L1D G0LD a few pages back has been my favorite piece you've made because of the simplicity and personality in it, but honestly it's super hard to pick because you've made so many great works of art over the past year.

i do have a couple of short questions for you, though:

1. what is your favorite piece you've made so far that you've shared with us on the forum (or if you're willing to show it!)? if you can't pick your favorite, which ones were the most enjoyable to work on as a whole?
2. what's your preferred program to work in? i know you mentioned several (like GIMP, etc) when i was going through your thread, but just out of curiousity :o

also, i read your arterview some time ago and i'd like to thank you for directing me to this post by NJ which i would have never stumbled upon otherwise, and also your own advice towards the end. i think i'll be following this thread closely, haha. i love your work!

Glad you liked the arterview, i think that including Nastyjungle 's link was probably the best part about it

I'll answer ur questions (first) :P

1. It's hard to choose, i just mostly like drawing pics that interest me and that give me something to work with, like :
Clef and Nido
this was fun because i was just getting into modifying line art
Scolipede card on the first page took literally almost a month, so i have a lot of attachment. i was using gimp and a mouse at the time, as well as scanning pencil drawings and digitally correcting.
Venusaur/Mario Kart mash up was fun
even tho nobody liked it my 'tree life' abstract drawing is something that i think turned out well, for what it was.
Also stuff like Ludicolo, Dragtrio, a couple of the fakemons, Aegislash for SOLIDGOLD, these were fun and i think they turned out well

2. I almost exclusively use FireAlpaca these days..it's a free, simple program that works on mac. I've used ArtRage which is a realistic painting program for a few pieces, PainTool SAI (which I loved but it was a free trial, now I have a mac), GIMP (probably for the first 5-6 pages of this thread, has a lot of great options including vector drawing and tons of effects/filters/overlays etc), and the simple Paintbrush/MSPaint, which were my first programs that I used when I first joined. If I had Windows, I would almost surely buy PaintoolSAI as I have very much wanted a good painting program. However, FireAlpaca is excellent for typical line art/cell shading, and is compact, easy to use, and I've memorised all the short cuts so, :P I've never used Photoshop, Coral, or Illustrator and in the future those are some programs that I would be interested in, as well as Pixelmator which is a relatively cheap program for Mac with lots of features.

extra content for ppl
Smogon Card Project
link to Battle Free For All #2
Rocket Grunt link

I think this would be a good time to introduce my Zazzle Store. It's just a site that allows me to throw my designs on dif. products for anyone to buy at a decent price. A percentage of that price goes to me oc :). If you have a request I will make it and add your name and based link of choice Arcticblast manly

I have also started uploading designs to Redbubble. Check it out!

Last edited:
Wow, I really love how vibrant your art is and the way you play with shape and composition. You're also quite prolific, which is neat considering the quality of your art! The Rotom request you did for Air is surprisingly lively, it's great. :) Enjoying the overlays (?) as well.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
i have requests..! for Agous the ballingest fusion of Conk meets Bane #TheDarkKnightRisesForever. yea. fuk (the fire rises!)

for SgtWoodsy , the dopest drapion doin drapion stuff, relaxed and not giving 2sheets to the wind:

he's pretty wild, yo. ahaha :] Reaction: w..tf..??
as explanation, or try to, im trying to experiment with umm obviously more natural movements and stuff. i didnt go in and fix every line on these last two because its fun to be free, every once in a while. i promise when im able ill do some more polished stuff, sometimes u have to let the lines flow and relax into it and try to just capture the movement? ahah *spazzes* yea thats it from me for now, heres a couple other random things, ones creepy called "the destroyer" the other one is "the abstract creator"

later peeps!

Every time I check for new stuff itt, I expect to see something that looks like it was made while on drugs.

But seriously, I mean that in the best way possible. Everything you do seems so uninhibited and it's a joy to see. I'd say you're easily the most unconventional artist in SS.

Regime

the party is December 18th
is an Artist Alumnus
Dude I love you. The atmostphere, the style of the piece, it's all so amazing. Can I use it as my avi? with creds ofc

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
yo you should stop by #smeargle again :D
in the meantime if you aren't doing anything, can I request a vileplume drinking some orange juice ;)

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Love your art man! keep up your awesome work!
Anyways if you're not busy could you please draw a victini riding a porygon2 with some words saying "kalos 2" over it? (you can kinda make the p2 bigger so it doesn't look like a big thing riding a small thing which can be awkward) it's a banner for a project called kalos 2 I'm doing, if it gets used I swear on my ladybug that I will credit you

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
well ive been drawing most of the day and after i finished up most of something i realized i hadnt posted this slowpoke for Fleurdyleurse , and i also had some time to draw some fun mega swampert who is awesome drawings, oh and also a request for you V0x EDIT: i edited this post heavily and took out some drawings bc right after, well i felt really weird so ill save them for later..like i cant really explain it it just felt wrong. so, i will probs repost the other stuff tomorrow...i cant really say why but after i did i drew some stuff and its really creeping me out so i guess i took that as a sign? idk i just dont think it was the right time and god is punishing me for it. haha. sry to neone who already checked it out

for Fleurdyleurse

mega swampert

editing in:
for Monte Cristo

for V0x

for somebody on imgur

Last edited:

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
well ive been drawing most of the day and after i finished up most of something i realized i hadnt posted this slowpoke for Fleurdyleurse , and i also had some time to draw some fun mega swampert who is awesome drawings, oh and also a request for you V0x EDIT: i edited this post heavily and took out some drawings bc right after, well i felt really weird so ill save them for later..like i cant really explain it it just felt wrong. so, i will probs repost the other stuff tomorrow...i cant really say why but after i did i drew some stuff and its really creeping me out so i guess i took that as a sign? idk i just dont think it was the right time and god is punishing me for it. haha. sry to neone who already checked it out

for Fleurdyleurse

mega swampert

editing in:
for Monte Cristo

for V0x

for somebody on imgur
omg love it andrew! thanks for doing it, I can for sure see this being an appealing art pieceto put in the thread OP, thanks!

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Hi Andrew, your art just keeps on getting better and better! :o

Could you draw me an Archeops in a style similar to Drapion? Thanks c:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)