Anything Goes in this Mafia - The Damned Win!

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Fun game, and fuck aqua, for sayin that GS was good. Guess villies need more experience. and it took me a while to realize it was 13/4/4/1. Reading the rules, especially the part where it said: All win conditions involve the annihilation of either faction. :x Nice play GS, I commend you. Had I been alive, I would've got badal lynched the next day. :x Sucks though that our inspect didn't really notice the game was goin on when we needed him. ._.

Edit: even if kills were allowed n0, i couldn't protect J-man since i was hooked n0.

Wow, I was gone this weekend which I figured would be covered by me being kidnapped and all, but I didn't realize we had won while I was gone!

Anyways, GG to the Village, Desperate, and Undisputed, it was really fun to play in this game, it being my first Smogon mafia. Me and General Spoon sort of co-led the Damned, but we both played important roles in-game with getting information. We had a complete and accurate spreadsheet as soon as undisputed contacted the Desperate, and we had a plan set out. (Speaking of which, did you guys have fun sorting out the spreadsheet? lol)

We basically had the game in the bag until some other mafia decided to ally with the village -_- yeah fuck you Aqua. I don't think this has been mentioned before, but we killed Objection on accident, it was a communication problem which could have been avoided, but it really was nobody's fault in particular. Even after both of those mishaps though, we were still able to win, and none of us even died, which was kinda cool.

A few other things I have taken is that if you are leading a village, do NOT give spread access to anyone who comes your way. Acklow, you seemed to trust everyone who claimed to you, and a lot of people in this game I talked to seemed to think that if someone claimed and it didn't have any glaring errors, they were automatically Dizzy. With that in mind, I also learned that if you are faking, you had better look your claim over a LOT of times. Interwebz, sorry but you were lynched for the sole reason that that your claim was horrible. I later heard that you didn't have one prepared when it was asked for, so you just whipped one up, but still, you should have looked it over at least once.

Another example was just hilarious, to me at least. Undisputed, as you may know, was a wolf who could kill/inspect at night. So when he claimed, he just changed some wording to say Dizzy instead and delete the kill paragraph. What he missed however, was that his claimed inspection night action started with "Alternitavely..."
How the Village managed to miss this, (or if they just didn't think much of it) I don't know, but that could have got you caught for sure. I even had issues with my fake, which was Miss Marple as Alliance checker. I found out the roles were randomized and I was like ffffffffff! But it apparently worked out for me, because that wasn't the reason I was found out.

But yeah, this game was really fun, and I'll see some of you guys in Ampharos Mafia!

Well, slim, would the hook have overpowered my kill of GS? I think logically I should have a higher priority than he did. And then I could have easily tied with the village I think.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Yeah, I basically trusted those who claimed to me correctly. This is partly because Slim's posting this in the OP:

This is entirely open theme, the characters really do not relate to the names of the factions at all so don't use that as basis for a lynch!
For that reason, I really was unable to make any full suspects. I knew GS could very easily be Mafia because he said he only had 2 hooks. Badal's partial mayor claim also bugged me. Otherwise, had Slim not posted what I just quoted above, I think that I would've lynched GS right off the bat. Same with the likes of undisput3d and a few others. I didn't of course because of that statement. Slim, next time you make a mafia game, if the roles for the mafia are "evil" and the roles for the mafia are "good", make sure that you state that instead of what I quoted. That certainly confused me (no pun intended on being "Dizzy")

Well, slim, would the hook have overpowered my kill of GS? I think logically I should have a higher priority than he did. And then I could have easily tied with the village I think.
First off, who did you try to kill N6, nobody turned up dead, and there was no BG.

And in regard to priorities,
16. Priorities are set and kept secret.
But really, Slim would not have called the game if your priority was in fact higher than Spoon's hook. And if you had killed Spoon, we could have just lynched you the following day and probably still won, seeing as everyone knew you were the wolf, and nobody knew badal was kidnapper, or suspected j-man because the village leadership was dead. And if you tried to tell everyone, what good would the words of a dying wolf had been to the village?

Also, after seeing you didn't kill Afro, I honestly think we should have lynched you then and there, but I wasn't here to tell Spoon that, so whatever. Even if you had killed one of us, we still probably would have won.

Yeah, I was very scared N4 that B_T was going to inspect GS, who was the obvious person to check at that point, and pretty much screw the Damned up.

It would be interesting to see all the night actions for that night, N4. I believe aqua was killing undisput3d, so we hooked aqua. Steven had a BG on godudette, who was supposedly reverse martyring undisput3d (I'm not sure if this happened, I think GS was supposed to tell godudette who to target). We told undisput3d to idle, which didn't really make much sense. And we kidnapped TAS instead of B_T so we could kill B_T the next night.

If I (or anyone else who was ever hooked by GS) mentioned the existence of a jellybean hooker, would that have made any difference? This was bugging me for the entire game and I didn't want to say something useless to the village in case we were being moled.

EDIT @ Nanoswine: D'oh!

@j-squared What happened N4 was that Aqua forgot to send in his action (lol) to kill undisputed, I think Spoon hooked B_T, and godudette martyred undisputed while Steven protected her. I think undisputed either idled or inspected someone. We just kidnapped TAS because we wanted a villager gone, and we wanted to kill B_T, though in hindsight we probably should have just kidnapped B_T.

@capefeather Later on, that would have made a huge difference. After you guys knew that Aqua was the last Desperate and he was SG, and you knew that undisputed was wolf, the only hooker claim left was GS himself, so saying there was a jellybean hooker would have labeled him as mafia for sure. We were actually really worried that someone would bring that up, but thankfully nobody did.

Slim, next time you make a mafia game, if the roles for the mafia are "evil" and the roles for the mafia are "good", make sure that you state that instead of what I quoted.
Well the roles for the mafia weren't intentionally chosen to be "evil" and the village wasn't chosen to be "good", and for the most part they weren't really (with the exception of Marlin/the Doctor/Scar), so I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here!

@undisput3d - his hook had higher priority than your kill

@J-squared - I'll probably end up posting my sheet along with the postgame.

I just remembered when I was given proper access to the village spreadsheet (what day, I don't remember). I scrolled to the bottom, and saw like 7 or so names highlighted, and since I knew that some of them had spreadsheet access, I thought to myself "Wait, ALL of these people have spreadsheet access? And almost half of them are anti-town to boot?" I suppose that kinda sums up Acklow's crapsap leadership he established. Sorry man, but its the truth.

Also of note, Aqua's name was also highlighted, but with a different color. Would anybody mind telling me what that meant?

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
oh, i highlighted that one in a different color b/c aqua's claim seemed as though it would be likely to occur, although he wasn't "cleaned" at the time.

I didn't really have much to go with other than what Acklow had to begin with.

When I reread the sheet, I knew that undisput3d's claim on the sheet was fishy since he didn't change the name from "MaloMyotismon;" I consulted Acklow about it, but I didn't want to publicly declare undisput3d's error, since by that point, I knew that villies were fucked, and I thought by the name undisput3d was Damned, so I ended up giving up, since one of the first people that undisput3d cleaned was Nano, who was Acklow/mine/Rayquaza/capefeather's other "information role." I didn't trust Nano much either, especially after "undisput3d cleaned Aqua," who basically told me everything.

If there was anything that I wish I could have done, it would be to make SURE that BT knew he was in the game. Things might have gone better for villies. BT and Chaos_Sorc sent in the same PM, so we did think they were clean; however, upon reading rayquaza's forward that he sent Acklow, he said that "J-Man left a ton of messages for Rayquaza, but sadly Slim deleted them all by accident," so we weren't sure if CS could've collaborated with BT, and we doubted the role.

Slim Guldo said:
I messed up early on and gave J-man the wrong amount of villagers, the real amount is 13. We had a bit of discussion, so eventually I decided to admit that there were neutrals in the game. I recommended for him to tell people about my mess up.

He also had a stab at leading the village, which I think he also wanted to pass on?
Yeah, he did.

I was told by General Spoon, so he's the stalker!

Also J-man, Steven couldn't have protected you from the kidnap anyway as he was only a bodyguard. The only person who could was Aqua, and he was a mafia!

Yeah, my mishap was annoying, but as far as I know it caused no trouble for Ray and had very little impact on the game as a whole, although TAS still asked me if there was 3 or more neutrals when the village knew that there was 4 in each mafia :/
no villy safeguard? that's totally messed up >:(

Massive Necro Post!

First off, I'm really sorry that I didn't write this earlier, I don't think there's really any reasonable excuse for it, and I'm just pleased that I can remember enough to bring it to you now. I'm sorry that it's insubstantial, I didn't remember enough about some aspects of the game to say everything (although that's partly because a lot of people did very little)

There’s not going to be much introductory text here because I made this so long ago that I don’t really remember my reasons for wanting to host this game, I guess I just saw some roles and decided that I wanted to use them. Hosting was definitely much harder than I thought it would be, especially with the incident with J-man’s role and the occasions where important roles didn't hand in their PM's and I wasn't sure whether to add an extension.

Overall, I was really happy with the way this game turned out. The Damned generally worked much harder than the other factions and worked on their fakes/general game plan much more, so I think it’s justified that they eventually won.

---------

You are Scar.

You are the main villain in the first Lion King film, in which you had your own Brother, Mufasa, killed by a herd of wildebeest so that you could rule Pride Rock for yourself. You then blamed the death on Simba, Mufasa's son, who then ran away due to shame. You will be doing the same thing to aid your Damned allies in this battle.

At Night, you may send a PM to Slim Guldo entitled '"Night X - Convince USER that it was all their fault". You will visit USER during the night and convince them that some event that happened in their previous life was entirely their fault, and they will leave the village out of shame. However, they will snap out of it and return at the end of the next night. You may target the same user consecutively.

Your allies are listed in another PM.

You win if a member of the Damned is the last user standing or if nothing can prevent the same.
Basic Kidnapper Role here.

Badal was OK, although he seemed to be a tad inactive and completely controlled by General Spoon and Nanoswine. Had his orders sent in by others a couple of times.

---------

You are MC Hammer.

You are a rapper who came to fame in the late eighties, especially after releasing your hit single 'U Can't Touch This'. You were the first rapper to ever receive Diamond certification on an album. Sadly, you also became something of an internet meme with your famous line 'Stop, Hammer Time'. Fortunately, this line is what will help you and your Damned allies in this battle.

In the Day, you may send a PM to Slim Guldo entitled "Day X - Stop, Hammer Time'. You will shout this line at the top of your voice, forcing everyone to stop what they were doing and effectively cancelling the lynch. You may only do this once.

You win if a member of the Damned is the last user standing or if nothing can prevent the same.
Basically this was my role from Awesomeness, except I wanted it to be possibly used on other members of the team since that would be more useful.

Alan was similar to Badal at first, however he went on holiday and got subbed out for J-squared, who participated in all the end-game planning that the Damned did. This role was used at the only time where one of the Damned was being lynched, so that’s also good!

---------

You are Bret McKenzie.

You are one half of the band "Flight of the Conchords", who bill themselves as "formerly New Zealand's fourth most popular guitar-based digi-bongo acapella-rap-funk-comedy folk duo". You have helped create many masterpieces such as "Albi the Racist Dragon" and "Inner City Pressure". You are not an evil person, but you thought the Damned were the coolest faction so you joined them. You will be using your incredible lyrical skills to aid your Damned allies in this battle.

At Night, you may send a PM to Slim Guldo entitled "Night X - Cry dragon tears in front of USER". You will cry dragon tears in front of user, which, as we all know, turn into Jelly Beans. USER will be so preoccupied with picking up the Jelly Beans that they will stop whatever they were doing that night. You may target the same user consecutively.

Standard Hooker

General Spoon pretty much ran this game in my eyes, along with Nanoswine. Had a nearly full spreadsheet early on and knew all of the village power roles by around Night 1 due to Acklow giving him sheet access (or least knowledge of the roles!). Took control of the village after offing StevenSnype, and from there lead them into the ground. His only real mistake was not giving Badal a kill target, which lead to the death of Objection.

---------

You are Emmanuel Adebayor.

You are the captain of the Togolese national football team, and as an African footballer you are only second to Didier Drogba. Your nation's football team was banned incredibly unfairly from the Africa Cup of Nations for two competitions after a bandit attack on the team bus which killed two of your players. You are out for revenge, and while you are not a particularly bad person, you will be using your football skills to aid the Damned in this battle.

At Night, you may send a PM to Slim Guldo entitled "Night X - Challenge USER to a keep-up tournament". While they are trying to beat the enormous amount of keep-ups you can do (being a professional footballer), you will engage them in conversation and as a result find out their alliance.

Basically the Damned were looking much stronger role-wise at this point, so I decided to weaken their inspection, resulting in this role!

Nanoswine was another pleasant surprise on the Damned team. Found out a lot of roles early on from Acklow, and also did a lot of work planning with the rest of the team. Was completely undetected up until General Spoon outed him to waste a lynch and help spread mistrust of Aquamarius.

--------

Hello Friends.

You are the Damned, one of the two mafia factions attempting to be victorious in this game. You are partially a group of evil people who want to win for their own benefit, however most of you are just normal people who joined up for the ride.

Your members are:
  • badalcristiano, Scar, the kidnapper,
  • Nanoswine, Emmanuel Adebayor, the partial inspector,
  • General Spoon, Bret McKenzie, the hooker,
  • Alan/J-squared, MC Hammer, the lynch stopper,

Once in the game, you may send the host a list of ten character names. On receiving the PM, the host will return a list of five characters who are not in the game. You are then free to do as you wish with these.

You are also able to kill on odd nights, starting with Night 1. Your killing power passes down through your team via a command system. Scar starts off with the kill, and upon his death it is passed on to Emmanuel Adebayor. From him it goes to Bret McKenzie, and from him it goes to MC Hammer. Your kill may have flavour of your choice, however it must be something fitting to your character i.e Scar can maul someone to death, however he cannot shoot fireballs from his mouth.

I wish you good luck in this battle.
Basically I wanted the Damned to have slightly better roles but less info to use the roles with, kinda similar to the Red Revolution in WW3 mafia, a game which provided quite a bit of inspiration for this game.

Unfortunately this didn’t quite work the way I wanted. The Damned, thanks to the moling of General Spoon and Nanoswine easily got access to a lot of the village information, and quickly took near-total control of the game, and this didn’t really change at all.

--------

You are Thom Yorke.

You are the front man of the band Radiohead, which is one of the host (and many other people's) favourite bands. Your album "OK Computer", which includes the songs "Paranoid Android" and "Karma Police" is considered by many to be the best album of all time. Some of the lyrics in your songs are more than a little bizarre, and it is these that you will be using to help your Desperate allies be victorious.

At Night, you may send a PM to Slim Guldo entitled "Night X - Ask USER to help me get some rest from all the unborn chicken voices in my head". While USER wonders what on earth you are going on about and contemplates calling the nearest mental hospital, you will read their full role PM.

You win if a member of the Desperate is the last user standing or if nothing can prevent the same.
NOTE: I WROTE EVERYTHING FROM HERE ON LONG AFTER THE GAME, SO DETAILS MAY BE A BIT SKETCHY!

Well I wanted the Desperate to have more info but less power, so this guy came in as a full inspector.

Interwebs got in his Action PM’s every time, although from my understanding he didn’t do very much discussion with his compatriots :(. He was eventually lynched when Rayquaza found several mistakes in his (barely edited) fake and his general other suspicious behaviour in that conversation got him lynched.
---------

You are Jeremy Clarkson.

You are the presenter of the television show Top Gear, where three grown men discuss (and mess around with) cars like eight year old boys might do. As you might be able to tell, the host does not enjoy this show in the slightest, however the amount of people that do is incredible. You show has won several awards, including an Emmy. The popularity of your show is what will aid your Desperate allies in this battle.

At Night, you may send a PM to Slim Guldo entitled "Night X - Invite USER1 and USER2 to appear as guest drivers on Top Gear". You will invite these two users to appear on your show, and as a result, anything USER1 does will be forced to target USER2.

You win if a member of the Desperate is the last user standing or if nothing can prevent the same.
This was a pretty standard redirector. I always kind of imagine this role causing total havoc with good information, which I guess is why I put this in.

Heist was pretty inactive for large parts of this game, only sending in two actions (one of which was an idle and the other was blocked) and not voting ever :(. I also don’t think he talked very much with his team, but his timezone is partially to blame for that.

---------

You are the Kid who trolled Chatroulette.

You are supposedly an eight year old boy who went on Chatroulette, trolled everyone really badly and even took screenshots of it to show others! Whether you are a fake or not is of no concern really, since even someone pretending to be an eight year old boy is better than the multitudes of men who masturbate in front of their webcams. Your lack of care as to what people think of you will help you and your Desperate teammates in this battle.

At Night, you may send a PM to Slim Guldo entitled "Night X - Ask USER where they are from". No matter how they respond to this question, you will make some sort of racist remark. USER will be so shocked at being racially abused by a small child that they will be unable to speak for the next day.

Side note: I hated this role PM so much, but I couldn’t think of any other ideas :/
I didn’t want there to be two kidnappers, but I wanted both mafias to be able to have an effect on who was talking and who wasn’t. As the Desperate were meant to have weaker roles on the whole, they drew the short straw and got the silencer.

Objection was one of the more active members of the Desperate. He was pretty unhappy with his performance in this game, and judging by his post in the thread he gave undisput3d some details on his faction, which I’m guessing is why, although I have no recall of this. He died because of the Damned’s errors in communication, but in the end I don’t think it really mattered.

---------

You are Nick Clegg.

You are the current leader of the Liberal Democrats party, who formed a coalition government with David Cameron despite the Lib Dems massive disagreements with the Conservative Policies. In your obsession with become a member of the ruling government. Thanks to your actions, your party has exactly 57 more seats than it will come next election. Even one of the best thread edits by cookie cannot redeem your stupidity. You will be using the "power" that you have gained from your coalition to aid your Desperate allies in this battle.

At Night, you may send a PM to Slim Guldo entitled "Night X - Send government officers to protect USER". You will, as you may be able to tell, send government officers to protect USER. However half of these officers will be Liberal Democrats who do not agree with you forming the coalition, and as a result of this they will not obey you. The remaining officers will be unable to prevent kills as that is not what they are trained to do. Your officers will also not be able to prevent "bodyguard" roles from affecting the user as they feel attached to these people as they are similar in many ways

In contrast to the last role, this was arguably my favourite role flavour in the game. I also liked the idea of a safeguard protecting the killer from hooks, although I didn’t want the Desperate to have an unblockable kill so I stopped this from affecting bodyguards.

Aquamarius was, in my opinion the MVP of the Desperate. He was by a long shot the most active of his team, and he also got all of their info as he had access to Acklow’s village sheet (along with every other non-village faction).

---------

Hello Friends.

You are the Desperate, one of the two mafia factions attempting to be victorious in this game. You are in part a group of people desperate for power or fame, and the rest just came along for the ride because they thought that Desperate was a pretty cool word.

Your members are:
  • the interwebs, Thom Yorke, the inspector
  • Heist, Jeremy Clarkson, the redirector
  • Objection, The Kid who Trolled Chatroulette, the silencer
  • Aquamarius, Nick Clegg, the safeguard

Once in the game, you may send the host a list of ten character names. On receiving the PM, the host will return a list of five characters who are not in the game. You are then free to do as you wish with these.

You are also able to kill on even nights, starting with Night 2. Your killing power passes down through your team via a command system. Thom Yorke starts off with the kill, and upon his death it is passed on to Jeremy Clarkson. From him it goes to The Kid who Trolled Chatroulette, and from him it goes to Nick Clegg. Your kill may have flavour of your choice, however it must be something fitting to your character i.e Nick Clegg can order that someone is killed by MI6 or someone, however he cannot shoot fireballs from his mouth.

I wish you good luck in this battle.
As I’ve mentioned several times, the Desperate were built like the other faction in WW3 mafia, which theoretically had much weaker roles and much more information to use them with.

Again, this didn’t go to plan, as the Desperate were pretty much ravaged by the inactivity of most of their members and as such didn’t really get as much information as they needed.

---------

You are Vanilla Ice.

You are a white rapper, who only released one song that anyone's ever heard of, "Ice Ice Baby". After releasing that song in 1990, you pretty much went back to being unknown. Fortunately you had another shot at sort-of fame when the terrible singers John and Edward asked you to feature in their debut single, almost 20 years after your original rise to fame. You have decided to team up with the twins, despite how much they annoy you and everyone else, to help the Dizzy in this battle, as they are the only people you are certain you are allied with.

At Night, you may send a PM to Slim Guldo entitled "Night X - USER should stop, collaborate and listen". If both you and the user that is John and Edward both send in a PM targeting the same person, that user will be killed that night. If you do not target the same person, then no kills will occur. You can only use this ability every other night, starting from the night which you first perform a kill on, which may be any night except Night 0.

You remember that John and Edward are the same user, who is snip

You win if a member of the Dizzy is the last user standing or if nothing can prevent the same.
I really liked the double vig in Remoraid, so I put in this and the John and Edward role as part of that.

I originally planned to make ipl a mafia, but I moved him to this role because I thought he would get inspected N0 and lynched D1. Instead, the Damned pretty much rand-killed him N1. Go figure.

---------

You are John and Edward Grimes.

You are two twins from the Republic of Ireland, managing to somehow make the final 12 of the X Factor talent show despite being awful singers. You gained a massive following early on in the show due to your charismatic and generally ridiculous performances and everyone pretty much either loves you or hates you. You invited the rapper Vanilla Ice, who you probably stole your look from, to feature in your debut single after you got a recording contract, and as a result you will be helping the Dizzy together with him, since you remember that he is on your side.

At Night, you may send a PM to Slim Guldo entitled "Night X - Put USER under pressure". If both you and the user that is Vanilla Ice both send in a PM targeting the same person, that user will be killed that night. If you do not target the same person, then no kills will occur. You can only use this ability every other night, starting from the night which you first perform a kill on, which may be any night except Night 0.

You remember that Vanilla Ice is snip

You win if a member of the Dizzy is the last user standing or if nothing can prevent the same.
The other half of the double vig.

As far as I know, Hitmonchan did nothing and got lynched because he didn’t claim to Acklow :/

---------

You are Marlin.

You are one of the Clownfish from the Disney film finding Nemo, and together with another fish called Dory you set off on a journey to find your son Nemo. Unfortunately you were taken into this game before you could find him, but you will continue searching. Unfortunately you manage to find trouble at every turn. Your knack for finding things which aren't Nemo will be very helpful in the Dizzy's battle for victory.

At Night, you may send a PM to Slim Guldo entitled "Night X - Ask USER if they've seen Nemo". While USER is busy trying to remember if they've seen him, you will continue to search frantically until you come across their full Role PM.

Standard Village inspector.

As Blue Tornado so accurately said after the game ended:

hooked
kidnapped
hooked
kidnapped

YEP
In fact, the only time he wasn't stopped by something, he forgot about the game and didn't send a PM :/

---------

You are Aerosmith.

You are a rock band founded in 1970 who have several famous songs to your name, the most famous of which being "Don't wanna miss a thing" from the soundtrack of the film Armageddon. You are also the best selling American rock band of all time, with over 150 million albums sold worldwide. You even have a Guitar Hero game made after you, which is an honour above all others! You figured that since you couldn't remember who any of your allies were, you should join up with the Dizzy and help them on their way to victory.

At Night, you may send a PM to Slim Guldo entitled "Night X - Don't wanna miss USER". You figure that the best way to stop you having to miss USER is to invite them to sleep over at your place of residence. Since they are staying at your place rather than their own, any killers who are targeting USER that night will fail as they will be unable to find them. You are unable to protect yourself as you already live at your own house, so the killers would find you anyway.

Standard Village Bodyguard

Stevensnype was pretty active in village in the early part of the game, but from what I remember he was one of the many villagers who totally trusted General Spoon. Overall not a bad performance, considering everyone trusted General Spoon.

---------

You are Stephen Abootman.

You are the head of the World Canadian Bureau in the cartoon South Park, being pretty much a bunch of Canadian stereotypes somehow transformed into a person. Even your name, "Abootman" is a testament to Canadian Stereotypes. You only ever got to appear in one (pretty good) episode of south park, which also happens to be the only one the host has ever watched, so you're very lucky to be in this game! You also hate being referred to as something you are not, which is what you will be using to help the Dizzy win this battle.

At Night, you may send a PM to Slim Guldo entitled "Night X - USER's not my buddy, guy". USER will accidently refer to you as their buddy, at which point you will snap the famous line "I'm not your buddy, guy" at them. They will respond in kind, and you will continue on with this until daybreak, preventing USER from completing any actions that they might have completed. You cannot target the same user consecutively, since they will take steps to avoid you after your first row to avoid you the next night.

Standard village hooker.

Upside hooked the bodyguard, then acted suspiciously and got lynched. I think you can draw your own conclusions.

---------

You are Stephen Wiltshire.

You are a British Artist, famous for drawing panoramic views of many cities of the world including London and Milan. What makes this feat even more incredible as that you do this without any reference except your own memory, which has only been helped by a short flight above the city in question. Sadly you are unable to take any of the more proactive roles in this conflict , however your memory will help you and your Dizzy allies win this battle.

You were just as affected by memory loss as the rest of your team, however you are able to remember for certain that there are snip members of the Dizzy in this game. You can also vaguely remember seeing your fellow artist Pablo Picasso in the game, however you're not certain of this.

Yeah, I fucked up on this guy’s role PM. Basically I had to remove a role from the village before the game started, but I forgot to account for it in this guy’s PM. This lead to the village believing that there were no neutrals until I publicly stated that there were :/

J-man tried to lead the village early on, but then when my mistake cast him under suspicion, he counteracted this semi decent play by whining to me about how bad the game was and that I was a shit host... Then he had to leave and Rayquaza came in. He thinks that he totally fucked over the village because he trusted Nano and General Spoon, but really that hardly matters because everyone did anyway.
---------

You are Matt Bellamy.

You are the singer and guitarist of the band Muse, one of the host's favourite bands of all time. While you have become slightly more mainstream than the host would like with your latest album, the host still enjoys the vast majority of your music. You will be using some of your odd lyrics to help the Dizzy in on their way to victory.

At Night, you may send a PM to Slim Guldo entitled "Night X - How can we win when USER can be king?". USER will be so enraged by your insult that they will target you with any abilities that they were using that night instead of their original target.

Standard Martyr

From what I remember Godudette really just followed orders and idled a few times, but conversely she didn’t fuck up which is better than quite a few of the Dizzy.

---------

You are George Orwell.

You are the author of many fiction novels including your famous book "Animal Farm", which is still used as a resource for learning about the Russian Revolution in schools. You also wrote the science fiction novel "1984", which sadly brought around the reality television show "Big Brother". You figure that since it brought about something so bad, you should use it to do something good and help out the Dizzy in this game.

At Night, you may send a PM to Slim Guldo entitled "Night X - Big Brother is watching USER". If USER has a role which targets another USER, you will find out who they targeted that night.

Basically I quite like watcher roles, so I put this in. Not much else to say :P

Acklow :( Did well to step up and try to lead when J-man was kidnapped N0, but I believe he then added General Spoon, Nanoswine, undisput3d and Aquamarius to his sheet as soon as they claimed. It is my view that this action pretty much destroyed the villages chances, although I may have been proved wrong. Thankfully I’m pretty sure you’ve improved your mafia playing since then, so something good came out of this.

---------

You are Aristotle.

You are a Greek Philosopher famous for your writings on many subjects, including physics and poetry. Your writings on some of these subjects were still influential in the Renaissance period. Since what I interpret Philosophers as doing is asking questions that they probably shouldn't be, you will be doing this to help the Dizzy in this war.

At Night, you may send a PM to Slim Guldo entitled "Night X - QUESTION". You will receive the answer to this question. QUESTION must be a question with a yes or no answer, and it must not contain Smogon usernames or the names of any of the factions of this game.

Standard question asker who was unable to use Smogon Names because I was in Nintendo Mafia and remember how broken it was then.

Nestle was super-inactive, doing nothing before I subbed in TAS. Gonna be honest I think the village was in a really bad place by then and his questions weren’t that helpful, but hey, at least he sent them in!

---------

You are Tarja Turunen.

You are the former singer of the Finnish band Nightwish, considered by most people to be superior to your replacement. Your former band is one of the host's favourite bands, releasing the masterpieces "Nemo" and "Ghost Love Score" while you were still a member. You were unfortunately kicked out due to disagreements between you and the band manager Tuomas Holopainen. You think that, while he is probably not part of this war, his faith would probably lie with one of the mafia factions. As a result of this, you are going to do whatever you can to help the Dizzy win this war.

You do not have a night action. However, you hold much influence over the general populace of the internet. As a result of this, any vote you place during the day will count twice as many as it normally would.

I figured this could become really important if it was kept secret in the event of a village vs. combined mafia showdown.

Really sorry Afro, as necessary as I think Mayor is I know how terrible it is to play as it, and you voted every day except day 1, so I can’t really ask for much more than that.

---------

You are El Barto.

You are the criminal who has been terrorising Spingfield with your Graffiti, although pretty much everyone should probably be able to tell that you are in fact Bart Simpson. In actuality, in the only person who knows your true identity is your own father Homer Simpson, who, instead of discouraging these activities, decided to imitate you as a while under the alias "El Homo". You will be using your large arsenal consisting mostly of spray paints to aid the Dizzy in this battle.

At Night, you may send a PM to Slim Guldo entitled "Night X - Leaving message in the town square". You must specify a message in the main body of the PM, which will then be posted alongside the update at the end of the night.

I always have a soft spot for the announcer role because I really enjoyed playing as it in Nintendo Mafia. Plus, I was running out of roles for the village by this point!

Capefeather was active, and he seemed to learn a lot about mafia from his experience in this game, so overall I think he did quite well :)

---------

You are Louis Armstrong.

You are a famous jazz musician, and the only cool person the host can think of from New Orleans. You are the man that wrote the song "What a wonderful world", which everybody knows as it seems to be in every other television commercial over here. You believe in only seeing the good things in life (unless I am misinterpreting your song and it is actually about drugs), and this is what you will be using to help the Dizzy in this battle.

At Night, you may send a PM to Slim Guldo entitled "Night X - What a wonderful world it is with USER". If USER was trying to kill you that night, they will feel guilty and botch the job. You will spend a day and a night in hospital, during which time you will be unable to talk to other players about the game. You will be discharged from hospital at the end of this time however, and who knows, you may even gain some new abilities!

Congratulations on successfully surviving an assassination attempt!

Since you now know that the enemy wants you dead, you have hired some bodyguards to protect you. You will be immune to being killed at Night. However, if you are lynched, you will still die.
This was pretty much a filler role, but if he was sent to hospital it would pretty much clean him, which could be helpful.

VulcanFenrir was pretty inactive, but I couldn’t find a sub for ages due to the amount of people who need subbing out :/ Coolking was one of the few villagers to heed Aquamarius’ warning that General Spoon and Badal were bad, but to be fair Badal had told him his role before subbing in... Either way, he was unable to avoid the lynch when it came for him, which ended the game :/

---------

You are the Doctor.

You are the protagonist of the sci-fi TV show Doctor Who, which is one of the few shows I watch regularly since I barely ever watch TV. You are constantly travelling through time, generally messing with stuff you should probably leave alone and drawing aliens who would like to invade to planet Earth. Thanks a bunch. Either way, you are still a very intelligent being, which will help you and the Dizzy in this battle.

At the end of every night, you will receive a fact from the host about this game. This cannot be blocked by any roles and is 100% guaranteed to be true.

You win if a member of the Dizzy is the last man standing or if nothing can prevent the same.
I saw this role in another game (unicycle I think?) with different flavour and really liked the look of it. One of the lessons I learnt while hosting this was that everything needs to be prepared in advance, as I didn’t prepare this guy’s facts in advance, and he lived for quite a while :/

This was one of Quagsires’ first games. From what I remember, he didn’t do that much, but there isn’t that much he could’ve done, and he’s another person who’s improved in the 8 or 9 months since this game was played.

---------

You are MaloMyotismon.

You are one of the main antagonists of the Digimon series, and you are also pretty sadistic. You have been known to torture and kill some of your most loyal servants just to "test out your new powers". Being effectively the final boss of Digimon Rumble Arena 2 is another example of your sheer power, although you always seem to be actually kinda weak to me. Anyway, since you are generally a twat, nobody wants you on their team. As a result you decided to join this fight as a neutral. Who needs allies anyway?

At Night, you may send a PM to Slim Guldo entitled "Night X - Screaming Darkness USER". You will fire those huge cannons on your shoulders at USER, destroying them instantly.

Alternatively at Night, you may send a PM to Slim Guldo entitled "Night X - Mental Illusion USER". You will force user into thinking that they are experiencing one of their worst nightmares. While they stand there screaming in a ridiculous fashion, you will make off with their full role PM.

You are pretty powerful. As a result of this, you will not die on Nights 1 and 2, even if you are targeted by a killing ability.

You also happen to know that you killed the artist Pablo Picasso at the start of this game, and that there may be someone looking for him.

You win if you are the last man standing or if nothing can prevent the same.
Pretty much a standard wolf, with a false claim in Pablo Picasso. I think the idea of the BPV came from Unicycle originally, but I certainly wasn’t the first to use it after that.

I gave this role to undisput3d because, while I didn’t think he was really MVP, he played very well in Ender’s Second Game despite the overwhelming odds stacked against him, so I figured he’d do well in this situation. I never thought he’d get as close to winning as he did though, so massive props to him.

Undisput3d was the only non-Damned player with any sort of control over the outcome of this game, and played superbly throughout. I don’t think he really did anything wrong, although I thought the fact that he claimed full inspector wasn’t a very good move. It didn’t matter though, because I don’t think chaos_sorc claimed, and even if he did, Acklow trusted undisput3d anyway!

-----------------

Anyway, I’ve got some awards for this game now. I dunno if people do this any more in post-games, but I always quite liked the idea, so here we go!

Best Dizzy: Stevensnype - The only villager who I really thought had an overall postive game here, sorry guys :/

Best Desperate: Aquamarius - Much more active than his teammates and basically found all of their information

Best Damned: General Spoon - I know I’ve praised Spoon a lot throughout this postgame, but he really did pretty much control the game, with help from Nanoswine and eventually J-squared!

MVP: General Spoon

Runners up:

Undisputed - Had a really good game, one of the best wolves I’ve seen!

Nanoswine - Did a lot of work behind the scenes to help the damned win, gathered a lot of information for his team.

Yeah what undisput3d (lol) said

Anyways yeah, it was pretty much Me, Spoon, and undisputed running the village from behind the scenes. By the end of N1 I had gotten almost every role claim iirc, and Spoon and undisputed helped fill in the gaps. Lategame Spoon really took over the leadership though, and did an excellent job of information management and planning. We had the game won by N4, but then a mafia decided to side with the village and out all of us -_-

yeah fuck you Aqua.
Still after that, we won the game after killing undisputed with none of the Damned having died :D

It's funny to see that the Damned were meant to have more powerful roles, but not enough evidence to work off of. Because of Spoon and I moling the hell out of the village, I think we ended up with more information than Acklow!

GG to everyone again, this really was a fun game (Well, for us Damned at least. I imagine it sucked for most of the village >_<)

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Woah what a bump...

This=my epic failure. I had the entire game in the bag had I played just a tad differently (i.e. me getting rid of all of my suspicions early on). After that I think things would have been much easier...ah well, you live and you learn. ;)

I had a great deal of fun with this game. I remember that Nanoswine and I bounced several plans that took us from the now to endgame off eachother.

After Aquamarius outted Nanoswine as Damned, we were like "Well we can just cancel the lynch, kidnap Nanoswine, and lynch Aqua. That'll learn him."

The error in communication that was referenced was that I had sent in badal's orders for the night (including the kill!), and didn't realize I had told him I had done so. He thought that we had forgotten about him (I guess we did), and sent in an order to kill somebody we knew from the other mafia. It worked out in the end, but I was mad when it happened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)