Anything Goes in this Mafia - The Damned Win!

Haha yeah I completely forgot about that!

Oh well, nothing I can do now, the game's over!

Also B_T, the only nights you/chaos_sorc weren't stopped were night 0 and the night you forgot about the game :/

Yay! We won! I didn't do too much, getting subbed in halfway through the game. I just tried to lay low. I would have done things a little differently at the end, but it all worked out. Spoon played great, though I'm still unsure how he remained undected this whole time?

The village had cleaned Nanoswine, who was an alliance checker. He cleaned General Spoon. I believed him. <_<
And then everyone else still believed that I was clean, which allowed me to lead the village to its death (in Aqua's words). Also, I wonder where this came from? I suppose I must have faked the thing.

[19:51] <GeneralSpoon> hey
[19:51] <GeneralSpoon> Do you have some time?
[19:52] <undisput3d> sure
[19:52] <undisput3d> what is it?
[19:52] <GeneralSpoon> well
[19:52] <GeneralSpoon> you're in contact with the Damned, right?
[19:53] <undisput3d> yeah
[19:53] <GeneralSpoon> the thing is
[19:53] <GeneralSpoon> we're not lynching you tomorrow
[19:53] <undisput3d> well, obviously
[19:53] <GeneralSpoon> we can't afford it
[19:53] <GeneralSpoon> we already know that Nanoswine is damned
[19:54] <GeneralSpoon> and he's going to be lynched tomorrow
[19:54] <GeneralSpoon> sorry, brb
[19:54] <undisput3d> k
[19:57] <GeneralSpoon> back
[19:57] <GeneralSpoon> anyways
[19:57] <GeneralSpoon> unless we get a better lynch target
[19:57] <GeneralSpoon> Nanoswine is being lynched
[19:58] <undisput3d> so?
[19:58] <GeneralSpoon> well, I was wondering if
[19:58] <GeneralSpoon> you might know a better lynch target
[19:58] <undisput3d> you mean the kidnapper right?
[19:58] <GeneralSpoon> well, yeah
[19:58] <undisput3d> hmm
[19:58] <undisput3d> but how could you trust what I say?
[19:59] <undisput3d> i mean I'm kinda the wolf
[19:59] <GeneralSpoon> oh, I've already thought about that
[20:00] <GeneralSpoon> I figured that if you caused us to mislynch
[20:00] <GeneralSpoon> you would lose at well
[20:00] <GeneralSpoon> so I figure you won't lie
[20:01] <undisput3d> ah
[20:01] <undisput3d> yeah
[20:01] <undisput3d> okay, well
[20:01] <undisput3d> I actually do know the kidnapper
[20:01] <GeneralSpoon> and?
[20:02] <undisput3d> its VulcanFenrir
[20:02] <GeneralSpoon> Vulcan?
[20:03] <GeneralSpoon> oh, he's been subbed out
[20:03] <undisput3d> yeah
[20:03] <GeneralSpoon> but he claimed rouge, as you know
[20:03] <undisput3d> he did
[20:03] <undisput3d> Nano said that he flipped out when he learned that he had claimed rouge
[20:04] <undisput3d> but it looks like it payed of
[20:04] <unidsput3d> *off
[20:04] <GeneralSpoon> indeed
[20:05] <GeneralSpoon> well, I suppose that thats a better lynch then
[20:05] <GeneralSpoon> but I suppose you might publicly dissent to try and distance yourself from this so you don't get nightkilled
[20:05] <undisput3d> I suppose i might
[20:05] <GeneralSpoon> do you know any more damned?
[20:05] <undisput3d> no
[20:05] <undisput3d> they wouldn't tell me
[20:05] <undisput3d> :(
[20:05] <undisput3d> anyways, I have to go now
[20:06] <GeneralSpoon> cya

gg.

Lessons:

1. Pay attention. Read and reread spreadsheets given to you no matter what. Don't get so annoyed at font screw-ups. This basically got me to believe GS's promise that another spreadsheet was coming...

2. Take deadtalkers with a grain of salt. It was rather folly of me to assume that SS's little message was benevolent, well-informed or even meaningful, just because he was Dizzy.

3. Consider suspicious happenings and non-happenings. I noticed a lot of things on IRC that seemed incredibly strange to me, and now that I know why, it's all so clear now. It was weird how the Dizzy channels #sex and #kaibaland were always so deserted.

4. Know when to take control. The Damned obviously played the fact that I and others were first-timers. There was a point where I was supposed to take over, but I got kidnapped instead. The Damned evidently knew exactly when to silence me, and I basically trusted Acklow and SS to know entirely what they were doing. Both of these factors deterred me from taking charge when I was supposed to. I know I got really scared when SS got killed...

I learned a lot about Mafia from this game, and I hope to get more engaged because that was probably by far my biggest problem.

Criticisms:

Slim Guldo: The inconsistent, flimsy deadlines hurt the enjoyability of the game a lot for me. Half the time I felt like I had no idea what was going on. I guess GS's mindgames played a role in that, too... This last deadline was rather surprising because I seriously wasn't on Smogon for the entire evening and there was zero activity going on ITT. But I guess this is a learning experience for all of us first-timers ^_^

Aquamarius: You know why I'm mentioning you ^_^ Basically, instead of repeating "zomg GS is mafia" over and over again, you could have mentioned logs or anything that could have backed up your claim. But now I'm wondering whether you really were intending to help us... GS's infiltration was pretty independent of your actions as far as I saw.

I guess that's it.

Yeah I stupidly chose to update when I knew I wouldn't be available 48 hours later multiple times and I accidentally wrote the wrong day on one of them, so I agree that my hosting was not the best, although I did try and keep them all around 48 hours. There were also a couple of other screwups on my part (what happened with J-man/Ray N0), so yeah, I suppose I could've done better.

Edit: Although I would like to say that a lot of the extensions were due to a lack of actions, in fact I don't believe there was a single night where I got every action :/

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I must say that it was obvious even as an outsider that the village should have lynched nanoswine that day. and undisputed should have turned on the mafia that night if not sooner.

Interesting game to see develop, though

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
General Spoon. Had I lived, you would've eventually become one of my lynch targets. The instant you made your claim, I knew that you were faking it. But I didn't because I knew we would need those hooks after Upside's death. Ah well, I give props to undisput3d for getting my trust very quickly early on. I learned a crap ton leading the village the first few nights. I think that if J-Man hadn't gotten himself subbed out, I think that I might've had a bit more to work with. Also, Badal was clearly mafia once he claimed. I guess that once we made our first two mislynches, we were starting to suck pretty badly. That's why having a smaller village size made this game a bit tougher to keep a balance. Ah well, this game was a crap ton of fun to play. I wish we could've gotten Badal sooner so though. This game sucked for me because it was tough enough for me to get online a whole ton the first few days. Ah well. Good game everybody. And StevenSnype, could you get the Village Spreadsheet posted up here, so everybody can see what we had for intel? Thanks for the game Slim. Even with me dying it was still pretty fun and exhilarating.

Wait, this is nuts. Why did this game end? I was going to win, and I still had a decent shot imo. If anyone wants an explanation on how I would win, I can summarize.

That log from spoon is fake. I don't see why were still doing this. I don't use the "3" on IRC as proof.

Me and the Damned pretty much ran the game the whole time in one way or the other. In the earlier parts of the game, I, and nano when I discovered his Mafianess, was basically making desicions through Acklow, and then later I took a back seat because General Spoon was given the chance to lead, and we basically knew every role, and who to kill when.

I'm not going to lie, the damned probably couldnt have won without me. But, I'll leave that up to them to confirm.

edit: I may or may not write about a few players in this game. Depends on how much time I have in Tahoe

Aquamarius: You know why I'm mentioning you ^_^ Basically, instead of repeating "zomg GS is mafia" over and over again, you could have mentioned logs or anything that could have backed up your claim. But now I'm wondering whether you really were intending to help us... GS's infiltration was pretty independent of your actions as far as I saw.
Come to think of it, what was your plan Aqua (both pre-d3 and post-d3)? The closest thing to a plan I can recall ever seeing was "moling the shit out of the village". OK, so how were you gonna deal with the Damned and the wolf? At least the fake plan undisputed gave me was detailed and complete.

Still, I was impressed by how much info you could get from Acklow while he was still alive. Seriously Acklow, you trusted a guy you hadn't properly cleaned. He may have said stuff that you would never expect a mafioso to say, but that doesn't mean he's not mafia. Perhaps you could do with some mindgaming 101 just like me.

Also, on the day you guys lynched Aqua, why didn't you go for Nanoswine instead? You've got Nanoswine confessing to being mafia and the lynch against him being stopped vs. someone (I think it was Nanoswine) trying to incriminate Aqua as mafia. Nanoswine was the more logical lynch target, and you could have lynched Aqua the following day. (EDIT2: Ah that explains it. Thanks Slim.)

And then of course there's the biggest idiot of them all: Objection. Lesson to be learned: if you are mafia, you do not tell anyone else who is on your team, and you do not tell them what roles they have, and you do not tell them what nights each of them get their kills, especially if the guy you're talking to is a wolf. Even if not co-operating results in you getting lynched and you know that one or two others of your mafia are also gonna get lynched, your team can still win even with just one person (though they'd have to get pretty damn lucky).

All in all, this was more of a learning experience than a game.

EDIT: Undisputed, I think the village had figured out you were a wolf and so you were gonna get lynched soon. Failing that, the Damned would have probably turned on you the instant one of them died, or when it was just them and you, they would have killed you.

@undisput3d - Damned won because they could kill afro (the mayor) and kidnap another villager the next night, and hook you so that you couldn't kill one of the Damned. They then couldn't be outvoted, and if there had been a tied lynch it would've meant that neither person got lynched.

I agree that they possibly couldn't have won without you though, you definitely did help them quite a lot. I was really hoping that you would pull through for the win in the end, and you were definitely in with a shot for a long time.

@Objection - Nano was kidnapped on that day, and couldn't be lynched

@coolking49 - I was told that badal told you who he was before you subbed him in, so I'm not sure why you're boasting about calling him as mafia!

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
@undisput3d - Damned won because they could kill afro (the mayor) and kidnap another villager the next night, and hook you so that you couldn't kill one of the Damned. They then couldn't be outvoted, and if there had been a tied lynch it would've meant that neither person got lynched.

I agree that they possibly couldn't have won without you though, you definitely did help them quite a lot. I was really hoping that you would pull through for the win in the end, and you were definitely in with a shot for a long time.

@Objection - Nano was kidnapped on that day, and couldn't be lynched

@coolking49 - I was told that badal told you who he was before you subbed him in, so I'm not sure why you're boasting about calling him as mafia!
Exactly.
We know each other IRL so when he asked me my role I told him, because he wasn't in the game and he got subbed in and thus he knew I was mafia so quit boasting. :)

EDIT: Slim, how do you know about this??? STALKER!!!

General Spoon. Had I lived, you would've eventually become one of my lynch targets. The instant you made your claim, I knew that you were faking it. But I didn't because I knew we would need those hooks after Upside's death. Ah well, I give props to undisput3d for getting my trust very quickly early on. I learned a crap ton leading the village the first few nights. I think that if J-Man hadn't gotten himself subbed out, I think that I might've had a bit more to work with. Also, Badal was clearly mafia once he claimed. I guess that once we made our first two mislynches, we were starting to suck pretty badly. That's why having a smaller village size made this game a bit tougher to keep a balance. Ah well, this game was a crap ton of fun to play. I wish we could've gotten Badal sooner so though. This game sucked for me because it was tough enough for me to get online a whole ton the first few days. Ah well. Good game everybody. And StevenSnype, could you get the Village Spreadsheet posted up here, so everybody can see what we had for intel? Thanks for the game Slim. Even with me dying it was still pretty fun and exhilarating.
Ignoring most of this stuff, I'm just going to skip to the bottom part about the village spreadsheet.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...wNmZ3RXFBOUI0OUE&hl=en&authkey=CPbnvtQG#gid=0

As for the rest of your post, yes, the fakeclaims I made could have been much better than they were, but you allowed them to serve us well enough. If you volunteer to be village leader again, don't expect me to support you.

EDIT: Oh yeah, now I remember what your thought process was Acklow. You told Nanoswine that I must be faking because my role is a criminal, because you were blissfully ignoring this fact was in the OP. Or were you just faking being stupid there?

Slim Guldo said:
This is entirely open theme, the characters really do not relate to the names of the factions at all so don't use that as basis for a lynch!

our BG/safeguard was terrible. I mean WTC? let me get kidnapped why don't you? If anyone claims leader you should protect him unless someone is able to prove he/she is mafia! also, I didn't appreciate SG's little mishap night 0. Acklow... i wasn't too happy with the job you did, i was surprised you were village. hopefully you'll be a better mafia player after this. I correctly suspected Nanoswine and maybe GS (my mind is fuzzy, can't remember). Also, how did you get ahold of my role pm, undisput3d?

our BG/safeguard was terrible. I mean WTC? let me get kidnapped why don't you? If anyone claims leader you should protect him unless someone is able to prove he/she is mafia! also, I didn't appreciate SG's little mishap night 0. Acklow... i wasn't too happy with the job you did, i was surprised you were village. I correctly suspected Nanoswine and maybe GS (my mind is fuzzy, can't remember). Also, how did you get ahold of my role pm, undisput3d?
IIRC, undisput3d inspected you on night 0.

EDIT: @undisput3: When I was faking the log, you WERE using the 3 on IRC. I believe it was 3 days ago.

Exactly.
We know each other IRL so when he asked me my role I told him, because he wasn't in the game and he got subbed in and thus he knew I was mafia so quit boasting. :)

EDIT: Slim, how do you know about this??? STALKER!!!
I was told by General Spoon, so he's the stalker!

Also J-man, Steven couldn't have protected you from the kidnap anyway as he was only a bodyguard. The only person who could was Aqua, and he was a mafia!

Yeah, my mishap was annoying, but as far as I know it caused no trouble for Ray and had very little impact on the game as a whole, although TAS still asked me if there was 3 or more neutrals when the village knew that there was 4 in each mafia :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)