AP Exams

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anyone else here ever take AP Music Theory? I'm taking that this year, and the "expectations for the class" presentation last school year and the summer work have really been kind of vague. I have no clue what to expect for it. I assume that I'll be fine since I've been playing the piano since I was four years old, but it would be nice to know what we're actually going to be doing.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Anyone else here ever take AP Music Theory? I'm taking that this year, and the "expectations for the class" presentation last school year and the summer work have really been kind of vague. I have no clue what to expect for it. I assume that I'll be fine since I've been playing the piano since I was four years old, but it would be nice to know what we're actually going to be doing.
No piano will be on the test. It is sight singing, listening, and composition. You'll be fine, everyone fails the test so you can get a 3 without doing anything tbh.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
hey i'm going to bump this thread because it's that time of year again, also because i just spent like an hour trying to find this motherfucker and i'm not letting that go to waste

I've taken Chemistry and Calc BC so far; taking Lang tomorrow, Phys B monday, and APUSH wednesday. overall didn't think calc was that hard, but some of the qualitatives for chemistry were pretty rough

honestly mostly bumping this to ask does anyone know where on collegeboard's website you can find the AP exams? they said to see if they're up within two days, and i want to go back over my chem exam to make sure i didn't fuck up (and i want to not feel dirty talking about all the questions)

Stats and Lang tomorrow (7 hours of testing fml) even though those two probably won't be that bad. Lang is completely a skills test and barring really weird essay topics I have no worries about it. I cannot fathom how Stat has like a fifty-something% pass rate because you can get 90% of the multiple choice just by knowing how to use calculator functions. APUSH wednesday will require a pretty intensive cram session, but really my goal at this point is to buff my multiple choice score because I can only hope to do well on the essays.

Stats is so freaking easy too. I can do most of the short response and MC without a calculator, and the only thing I'm dreading is how boring it will be...

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Anyone else here take the AP Chem exam? Just curious to see how the rest of the community did, I think I did pretty well, but we'll find out in July.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i'm taking ap comp tomorrow, that should be moderately easy as long as the reading passages aren't esoteric 15th century writers on some boring subject no one cares/knows about.

then i have ap bio monday and apush wednesday, should be interesting. more worried about bio's new format which is less bio knowledge and more "can you take this test" which is annoying.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Yeah, i took chem on Monday. I had to teach myself the course material entirely because my school's teacher is SHIT. Me and the three other kids who did so all thought it was a fairly straightforward exam and are expecting decent scores, but everyone else from my school is praying for a three.

I took stat last year and I really don't believe I spent more than half of the given time on any section, so yeah it was boring but easy.

Lang tomorrow is going to be not-too-hard probably, but my lord is it going to be a million dicks. I don't want to write three essays in two hours ._.

I'm literally going to put an ice pack in the lunch I'm eating between exams so I will have a chance to ease the extreme carpal tunnel AP Lang is going to give me and be able to write almost legibly for Stat.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anyone else here take the AP Chem exam? Just curious to see how the rest of the community did, I think I did pretty well, but we'll find out in July.
I took the AP Chem exam. I think it was alright (im far from the best chem student though so i wouldnt be surprised if i got like a 2) but I guess we'll see. I'm expecting/hoping I got a 3 though. The multiple choice wasn't too bad but I felt like I ran out of time on the free response a bit. I've also gotta take AP World in like a week, but that'll be significantly easier since unlike Chem I've actually made an effort in that class.

I took the IB Physics SL on Monday and Tuesday, got crushed by AP Calculus AB on Wednesday, and today I got wrecked on the AP Literature exam. I'm predicting a 5 (max is 7 for IB) on the physics, a 3 on the calculus, and a 5 on the literature, but I won't be shocked if it ends up as a 4. Ugh... I just don't read a lot of books and so that last essay is always a pain.

EDIT-Nope Dubby, you're not alone. I take it next Wednesday afternoon. Sadly, I don't know anything at all... :'(

Yup, I'm taking Euro this wednesday too. Going to read this crash course book which is very concise, ie not an abridged textbook. Worked last year for APUSH, but I've heard that Euro is harder.

I also took chem, which felt very easy on the MC and the second free response because it was mostly reasoning and not too much number crunching. I hated the calculator free response because we did those exact problems again and again instead of learning anything and they were too tedious to remember. Hopefully I edged out a 4 but its not the end of the world otherwise.

i literally got raped by the ap chem exam. the multiple choice wasnt that bad but the free response destroyed my brain. i left half of it filled with random formulas that didnt make sense because i didnt want to leave it blank.

wish me luck for stat tomorrow x.x

Oh yeah, Calc BC was an easy 5. The calc teacher at our school has consistent 90%+ passing rates for AB and BC, with around 70% being 5s.

Anyone else take AP Japanese today? I thought the listening wasn't as hard as I thought it was gonna be and the speaking prompt wasn't too bad either. Most people say it's pretty hard, though I didn't find it too hard(I'm not a native speaker btw). From the way people described it, I thought it was gonna be super hard but honestly I was just hungry after reading all those paragraphs about レストラン and fish haha.

Currently cramming for AP Stats - have a 96 in the course but feel like I've forgotten everything since doing it. Panic mode activate ,-, Had AP Psych Monday which I feel like I did great on, and also have AP Comp tomorrow.

You can roll a die to pick your answers on these exams and still get at least a 3 lol. I still remember me doodling pictures on half of my written questions and I still got 5s.

Cept physics, I legitimately didnt know how to do anything on the test, but I still got a 3 lol.

Man, the multiple choice on the AP Psych threw me for a couple loops but i feel like I did at least a decent job of the free response. Realistically I'm probably getting a 3 or 4.

Not hearing much talk about Studio Art I guess everyone finished there projects? With that and Lit done I'm pretty much through with school

Yup, I'm taking Euro this wednesday too. Going to read this crash course book which is very concise, ie not an abridged textbook. Worked last year for APUSH, but I've heard that Euro is harder.
I don't know I mean Euro might be slightly harder content-wise if you aren't familiar with Christianity and how it affected each country, that's what I find to be a key point on practice exams so far. But anyways I got a 5 on one of my practice exams so I think it should be fine.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
here's a handy diagram i drew as soon as the lang test ended:

"Fuck, don't know what to write for the first question, let's see if question 2 is any better."..."Fuck, don't know what to write for the second question, let's see if question 3 is any better."..."Fuck, don't know what to write for the third question."

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
for Todays AP Language + Comp, The credits i received were pretty much useless to me regardless or how i scored... so I discussed why the author for Essay #2 was a cynical douche bag instead of answering the question. I ripped into him pretty hard then used the fresh prince of bel-air theme song as the structure to a free-form story i wrote for essay #3.

What did people think about AP Calc AB? I thought the MC was really easy, but some of the FR messed with me.

You guys seriously had to skip essays on the AP Lang and Comp exam? I wrote something for all of my Lang&Comp exams... the essays were sort of confusing for the topics at times but I managed to get something in for all three of my stuff. I mean, all you have to do is write something related to the prompt if you want to get a score.

Exam itself wasn't really that bad even though I'm a pretty bad at reading composition - I'm 90% sure I passed that one. I also took AP Computer Science on Tuesday and I though it was fairly easy, and I'm expecting a 4 or maybe even a 5 on that one. I'm stressing out more about AP US History than anything, like the other 190 or so people in my school taking the class

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)