Apprentice Program - Round Fourty Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoddy Battle nick: Darkness Wolf

Time zone: GMT -6
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 2 pm-6 pm and 10 pm - 2 am
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes!
Experience level: My highest ranking on OU Ladder was around 1300
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Ubers
A little about myself: I live in New Mexico. I'm a rather busy kid. I'd love to be apart of this program and I would like any tutor besides RB Golbat because I've had him before.

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Shoddy Battle nick: Mr.378

Time zone: Central
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5 P.M.-5 A.M. I suppose.
Do you want to play in the tournament: sure
Experience level: I suppose Moderate at best.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Ou, Uber, UU maybe.
A little about myself:
I've been battling for years now, but I want to improve because I feel as if I can alway be better.

Shoddy Battle nick: The_Chaser
Time zone: Australian Eastern Standard Time GMT +10
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 2am-7am
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes
Experience level: I've played for a couple of Months, I'm ok at 1420 but I want to go up a level. I have trouble making new teams as there is little synergy.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU/UU/Uber maybe
A little about myself: I live in Brisbane, Australia and I like playing Soccer, Tennis and Computer Games. I go ok in school and i enjoy it.

Shoddy Battle nick: Onii
Time zone: GMT+10
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 9pm-12am (GMT+10) = 6-9 am (GMT-5) generally, also 2-5pm (GMT+10) = 11 pm-2 am (GMT-5) most weekends
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Sure
Experience level: A couple of weeks >_>
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Uber (maybe)
A little about myself: I've played ingame for ages, but just started out on Shoddy, strong preference for offensive teams, and would love some help on team building in particular.

Shoddy Battle nick: Zangetsu9876
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I'm very felxible, I can be on whenever
Experience level: none really
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Uber, UU
A little about myself: Im your average 19 year old nerd, into anime, manga and video games. I also love watching movies and sports. I just recently joined the smogon community and I want to become alot better at competitive pokemon.

Shoddy Battle nick: pai_pai
Time zone: GMT + 6
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): very active; will adjust to tutor
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes, sure
Experience level: 1 year..just got back after 3 month break
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, and Ubers
A little about myself: First of all, I have been wanting to join this for quit a while now. Now that this round is up, I hope I can get a tutor. I'm certainly not new to the game, I have been playing Pokemon for well over a year now. But now, I'm still adjusting to the metagame since I just came back to playing. I hope to get a tutor who can really improve my team building skills. This has been my weakest point. In addition, I am very active, so my tutor won't have a hard time finding me or whatever.

That's probably it! I really hope to get in this round.

Shoddy Battle nick: Kurnak
Time zone: GMT+1
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Normally somewhere between 12 AM and about 5 PM (GMT+1, thats about 6 AM to 11 AM in EST, isn't it)
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level: On a scale of 1-10 probably about 5 or 6, have about 1300-1400 on the OU Ladder
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Uber, UU
A little about myself: I've beenplaying OU competitively since before Garchomp's ban, after that though, I stopped. A while ago I decided to start again, and got bored pretty quickly. Then the UU-BL merge happened, and I started playing UU alot. A bit after the first round of suspects being banned I decided to start playing OU again, and that's about where I am now. I like playing with Offensive teams, and don't really like Stall.
I wont be here this weekend, but this week up unil then I'm here and on Monday I should be back.

Shoddy Battle nick:tripe
Time zone:pacific
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):anytime really, 3 pm-2 am
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?sure
Experience level:moderate
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):Ubers, OU, doubles
A little about myself:Took a little break from pokemon, and need some help getting back into it. I mostly perfer offensive type teams, and have decent skills all around, but need to smoothen out the flat edges lol.

D'oh looks like I might have missed out this round... Go figure the day I don't check out the site... Oh well lets do this anyways

Shoddy Battle nick: prabs
Time zone: Pacific
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Totally open to whenever.
Do you want to play in the tournament: No real preference either way.
Experience level: Slim-to-none...
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU , UU, Uber
A little about myself:
I'm not new to Pokemon, but i'm newish to the current gen. I actually probably don't need THAT much help, I'll learn fast. Most of the help I do need is probably team building related. I'm mature and easygoing. I also like cake.

Shoddy Battle nick: Lord Liam

Time zone: Pacific ( I believe, I live in Victoria British Columbia)

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): All day

Do you want to play in the tournament: I would be honored

Experience level: I'm great at battling, lousy at Teambuilding.

Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Ubers, UU

A little about myself:
While I'm pretty good at this game, (I've been playing RBY for years and years now, and DPP for about one year now) I feel that a tutor can make me better. I've been battling for about a year now, and have am currently a great player. What I need a tutor for is mostly teambuilding. With proper teambuilding help, I could definately become a better player.
Hobbies: I enjoy playing Pokemon, playing Hockey, hanging out with friends.
LL Dislikes: Diamond/Pearl Pokemon, the game Pokemon Platinum, Stall teams, sarcastic individuals.

Also, on a side note, I asked some mods if you could "ask" for a certain tutor. They said I could post something about me prefering a tutor, and if this is true, I would really love having "Twist of Fate" or "Legacy Raider" as my tutor. Thanks alot.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Shoddy Battle nick: tdubbery6
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): In the summer, all day
Do you want to play in the tournament: I would like to play
Experience level: Moderate
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, Uber, OU
A little about myself: I have just graduated high school and I will be heading to college in the fall...I play a lot of sports, and in my free time when I'm not doing pokemon I'm on espn.com. The NBA is my favorite league by far. I would like a tutor because I love playing pokemon but I also love to win and right now those two don't really go together for me.

Shoddy Battle nick: Class (alts are Piotrowiak and Cannibal Hooker)
Time zone: CST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Since its summer, I'm free any time except Mondays and Wednesdays 7:20 to 9 EST.
Experience level: few months - I consider myself decent, but a lot of my wins come from luck
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, OU, Ubers
A little about myself: I like strategy games and hate FPSs and the like. I usually stick to one game and obsessively play it until I beat it. This is a problem because I get hooked on games like this where its impossible to beat(ha). Like any normal teen, there are times where I'm out with friends, but I'm sure I can make any of the times I need to. I play this game too much. Music is life. And also my birthday is coming up, 26th.

Shoddy Battle nick: Dobbstar09
Time zone: GMT+10
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):Monday and tuesday I'm on almost every day and everyother day I can be on from like 7AM-10AM and then 3PM-4:30PM
Experience level: Fair newbie
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU preferably then maybe OU
A little about myself: I'm a 18 year old chef living in canberra. I've only just started playing competitive pokemon and I'm loving it.

Shoddy Battle nick:FireTrainer92
Time zone: Est
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 3:30 pm to 8:00 on School
days.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes.
Experience level: Im decent. Stuck in the middle of greatness and suck
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU and UU
A little about myself: Fav poke is Typhlosion. Junior in High School. Tinking about doing track. Outgoing guy who likes to joke alot. Loves video games. I have a Youtube dedicated to gaming and some other crap.

Shoddy Battle nick: Revolution.Z

Time zone: GMT

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Usually every day from hours like 6pm to 8pm

Experience level: Been playing competitive battling for 1 year or so playing pokemon since like i was 7.

Do You want to play in the tournament: Yes I'd be ecstatic to play in the tournment!

Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Ubers, UU

A little about myself: I'm a 19 year old regular guy wanting to live life to the fullest. Want to be a doctor. Fan of Specs Mence over SpecsLatias favourite pokemon Ttar and Manaphy. I really want to be in this Battling 101 program sooo much! Having LR or ToF as a tutor would really make my day! Probably too late because of my time zone lol it's like 8 when I posted it. Shame some of us won't get in because of time zones.

Shoddy Battle nick: Blue_Tornado/Testmehz/hz111/Blue_Test
Time zone: GMT +3
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yeah!
Experience level: I know a lot of advanced stuff and am good in prediction, but team building isn't my strong point...
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU > OU > Ubers
A little about myself: I'm interested in competitive battling for about 3 years, and am pretty good at it. I ended up with 10 points in the recent smogon tour, which isn't bad, but isn't good either. I wan't to get better and learn how to build more solid teams, so that's why I'm here, hoping that smogon's best can help me.

Shoddy Battle nick: Sicky
Time zone: Eastern European Time (UTC+2)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): On and off all day. Mostly between 10am-6pm
Experience level: About 6-7 years In-Game, (including D/P BT), NetBattle. New to platinum.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU
A little about myself: I'm a quiet guy from Finland. Please note that I sometimes have problems with my internet connection, so I can't be Online. My biggest flaw in competitive battling is that I have difficulty in team building, just can't get the synergy.

Shoddy Battle nick: mgbguy
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5pm till 2am
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? no
Experience level: decent OU experience
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU
A little about myself: College student, on-and-off Pokemon fan since RBY. I've been playing on Shoddy since at least January, if not longer; I have a very defensive play style, and have good(ish) skill with Baton Pass teams. I would like to learn how to play using more offensive teams and methods, without relying as heavily on stall and defense.

Shoddy Battle nick: spraak487
Time zone: GMT +10:00
Regular online hours(Eastern only!): if I calculated correctly... 11pm till about 7am
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes.
Experience level:
Somewhat Mediocre. I am somewhat knowledgeable in team building, But I know my skill level isn't what it can be. The main thing I think I need for someone to give me the push in the right direction as a battler.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):
OU, UU, Ubers.
A little about myself:
Just a normal 18 year old Australian guy, with a passion for Pokemon (I have been playing it since the RBY days. Never got into competitive until about 6 months after i got my copy of Diamond (June 08). I also enjoy a plethora of other games, aside from pokemon... But most of the titles are for Nintendo. So I guess I'm a Nintendo fanboy somewhat.

Shoddy Battle nick: xShinji
Time zone: GMT+8
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): On most of the time on weekends
Experience level: Half year.....rating in shoddy 1240 at most for now
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU
A little about myself: Normal guy live in Malaysia....Active in few games especially pokemon and DotA.

Shoddy Battle nick: d dragon292
Time zone:No UTC/GMT offset
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):9:00am till 3:30pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?no
Experience level: i have played all the pokemon cartridge games and have played on shoddy a bit but i still don't know much about pokemon
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU/UU/UBERS
A little about myself: i like to listen to music pokemon is one of my favourite games and as been ever since i first played pokemon red.

Shoddy Battle nick: Lombardi495, PMF, PMFTest
Time zone: GMT +2
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8am-10am, 1pm-5pm
Experience level: I start to play 7 mounth ago, and I'm not so good.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, OU, Uber
A little about myself: i live in the south- est of Italy, My favorite kinds of music are metal, rock and blues. I play the guitar and my favorite subjects at school are Math and English.

Shoddy Battle nick: die eter
Time zone: GMT+1
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Vacation! So yeah, a lot.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, I'm happy enough if I succeed in that one :)
Experience level*: I'm not very experienced, I know that Infernape is a sweeper and Blissey a special wall, but I don't really succeed in team building. I used stall, Trick Room and Hail, but I have a hard time pulling of a full-offence or balanced team.
A little about myself: I'm a nice Belgian guy who likes to learn new things all the time. I'm trying to get into programming now, maybe helping smogon in the proces.

Shoddy Battle nick: v0x
Time zone:eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): really anytime, especially at night (after midnight into the early hours of the morning lol) but during the day to, whenever really.
Experience level: i have played for a while, on and off. i feel i know the game somewhat well, but definitely would like some further help. I feel my gameplay is decent, the main thing I need major help in is team building.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU
A little about myself: I started out pokemon a long time ago back with blue/red on gameboy (like most people haha). I started playing netbattle and such after fire red/leaf green, and then stopped for a while. Then after D/P i got the game and played lots of WiFi competitively and when shoddy came out i started playing that. I played for a few months steady, got to know the metagame real well, was a pretty good player imo. Then I took alot of time off and have been playing on and off recently, don't have tons of time with work and college stuff but I play a good amount of time. Other than pokemon I work alot, hangout with friends, love to play basketball, football, baseball, basically i love all sports, i love working out and running to stay in shape and im going to college as a physics and math double major. I love all kinds of music I listen to everything from Lil wayne, Biggie, to The Killers, the all american rejects, to taylor swift, to the beatles, etc lol. I like movies alot, my all time favorite movie is V for Vendetta, I also like anything funny. So thats a little about me in a paragraph lol.

Shoddy Battle nick: Fakemaster
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Late at Night
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes why not
Experience level: 3 weeks of shoddy battle
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU , Uber , UU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)