Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoddy Battle nick: YukiX
Time zone: GMT - 4
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): most days since 3 PM to 9 PM
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes
Experience level: quite low
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, Uber, OU
A little about myself: well, I've been palying pokemon since 4 years but competitive playing since last year lol. I'm kinda noob but I can do the basics: wallbreakers, spinners and that stuff.

Shoddy Battle nick: SilverHx
Time zone: GMT +1
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 9am to 11am, 3pm to 5pm.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level: Novice
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU.
A little about myself: Started competitive battling a few weeks ago. I think an european tutor might be better for me, due to my time schedule. I don't mind losing endless amount of matches, as long as that shows me my weaknesses.

Hoping i get in this time... although it seems not likely.

Shoddy Battle nick: Xapoc
Time zone: EST (GMT - 5)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5 - 9 PM
Experience level: I have never battled competitively, but I do know a little about mechanics.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Uber
A little about myself: I spend a lot of time on the computer and like to play FPS's. Recently, I've tried to play Pokemon as a competitive game. I joined Smogon around this time last year although I have lurked since 05.

Very late...

Shoddy Battle nick: Mr.Pizzle
Time zone: eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8-11 PM
Experience level:Nothing much really, im not too good, im essentially super noob. Ive won a few and lost more than a few lol.

Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU/UU
A little about myself: I recently got back into pokemon this summer after what.... an 8 year absence? lol

I played pretty well on wifi with some sets on Gamefaqs, but im still not so good.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Shoddy Battle nick: locopoke
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Anytime after 3pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? YES
Experience level: I like to believe that I'm very experienced in OU, I've been playing competitively since D/P first came out. I'm also pretty decent in UU, but I don't bother with the Uber tier.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU only.
A little about myself: I started out on some random gaming forum called Gametalk and kinda moved up from there. I registered on Smogon in '07 but I haven't been very active, mostly just lurking and posting occasionally. Most of the time, I don't like asking people for help, partly because I like to believe that I'm skilled in OU. But lately I've been having a bit of trouble with UU so I thought I'd give this thing a shot. Also the Tournament sounds interesting. So whatever.

Shoddy Battle nick: GameGirlColor
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4 pm - 7 pm and 9 pm to 10 pm. More on weekends
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes please
Experience level: Experienced
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU or UU, Ubers
A little about myself: I've played for a long time and I just haven't been nearly successful lately. I want to learn some newer techniques and eventually be able to help others. I'd like to request jimbo422, we talk to each other a lot and we're in the same timezone. He said it's fine to request him.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm a bit late (more than 50 people already applied for the 40 tutors) but hopefully I can still join.

Shoddy Battle nick: supermarth64
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7-10 PM on weekdays, 6-10 PM on weekends
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Not sure yet, probably not
Experience level: Almost no experience
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Uber, UU
A little about myself: I play shoddy for fun with my friends, but whenever I play people online, they always seem to have better strategies than me. I'm willing to learn new ideas and tactics, and I don't mind what type of team that I use as long as I win or have a good match with the other person.

Shoddy Battle nick: Xeorr
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 3-8 pm weekdays, 7am - 10 pm weekends
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes
Experience level: know how to breed, ev train etc, but need help with team building
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU->UU->UBER
A little about myself: im canadian (eh?), im very outgoing i have decent marks and im a nice person, im very willing to learn, i love eating, so you may often find me going for snack breaks

Shoddy Battle nick: Nemi / Nemesis
Time zone: gmt+1
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 10am to 2pm weekdays; 6am to 4pm (I'm from germany^^)
Experience level:
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Uber OU UU (most OU others don't care a lot)
A little about myself: I've played shoddy d/p from it beginnings to ~april '08, then I made a break with pokemon and now I need more practice and lesson :D

Hope I'm not to late (again):
Shoddy Battle nick: Darkforce
Time zone: GMT -6 (mountain standard time I think...)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): umm... I guess 2:30 to 5:30ish on week days weekends I'm on throughout the day
Do you want to play in the tournament: no
Experience level: Pretty well none
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):UU, OU, Ubers
A little about myself: I had started competively a little while ago but soon got distracted by other things and forgot most of what I had learned, so I am pretty much starting from scratch. I learn better thorugh watching and reading. (I don't post much as you can see, but I have been reading a lot of the boards)

shoddy battle nick: thechocolatebunny
Time Zone:ET
regu;ar hours: 5-10 on weekdays, random hours weekends
Experience Play: i think prediction and EVs are alright, team building is a struggle
Tournament:yes, although im a little unclear about it
Tiers: OU and UU, OU more
about me: go to school, play football and baseball, a little basketballl, just regular stuff, im also pretty good at UU, made top 50, OU is what i really need help with

Shoddy Battle nick:kingdra13
Time zone:standard mountain time(GMT -7)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):anywhere between 7-10 pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?no
Experience level:rookie
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):I only play OU.
A little about myself:Just your average Pokemon player!

Shoddy Battle nick: NikLink

Time zone: Venezuelan (EST -30 min)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5 to 10 EST
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No
Experience level: Very low
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Uber, UU
A little about myself:

I'm just your typical new guy wanting to get help in competitive play, learn how to play better, employ predictions successfully, and the like. No strings attached. Also I like to read.

Shoddy Battle nick: TVboyCanti
Time zone: GMT -10:00
Regular Online Hours: Adjustable
Experience level: 4 years
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Standard OU
A little about myself:

I've been battling competitively for 4 years now, starting in ADV on MIRC. I've learned a lot from experience alone, but I've never worked with anybody else to become better, preferring to be a lone wolf in pokemon. It seem strange that a senior smogon member is signing up for tutoring, but I've never been able to crack 1500 in the standard ladder and I've been taught that it is foolish to turn down advice from the wise when it is free. My prediction skills are very good, because through all the changes pokemon is still about type advantage and turn efficiency, but my team building is terrible and usually is the cause of my losses. If there aren't enough spots in the program for more apprentices and I am the most senior member being tutored, I will allow a new member to take my place.

Assigned to Seven Deadly Sins

Blue Kirby promised me a spot in this as my tutor in the last round was unable to tutor me.

Shoddy Battle nick: Fire Fox
Time zone: GMT + 10 [DayLightsavings in effect]
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I can get on almost anytime.
Experience level: 1 Year
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU
A little about myself: I live in Australia and have been playing pokemon since Red/Blue/Yellow came out but only started playing competitive for a little over a year.

Would like to request that I not have Sapientia as I have had him as a tutor in the past.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
A little late, but here it goes.

Shoddy Battle nick: iBojangles
Time zone: EST (GMT-5)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Varies. Usually 7:30-9 PM on weekdays and anytime saturday or Friday night.
Experience level: I'm a decent battler, but definitely not amazing. I mainly play OU, but I've dabbled in Ubers.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Ubers, UU
A little about myself: Got re-interested in Pokemon early last year. I stumbled across Smogon looking for sets and stayed. I haven't had a tutor before.

Shoddy Battle nick: umbreonleader
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):5-7 PM sometimes more on weekends
Experience level: new to competitive battling, but played on shoddy a bit. maybe 4/10
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Ubers
A little about myself: I came across smogon looking for movesets for my favorite pokemon, umbreon, am new to competitive battling and breeding, have no AR, but i just caught a 5hp/31atk/12def/30spe/31spA/15spD ditto! im happy!

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Shoddy Battle nick: Bad Ass
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Usually 5-10 on weekdays, 2ish-1 on weekends
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes!
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, NuU, Ubers
Experience level: Pretty good, Ive topped out on 17 on the ladder, but Im slipping, down to 30. Plus I want to play in the tourney :P

If there's any way I could get LR, that would be cool.

Crud, there are 68 apps and only 16 or so slots avalable. I would love to have a tutor, but it's not looking like that's an option.

EDIT: Aw, what the heck.

Shoddy Battle nick: Aman13
Time zone: Mountain
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Since I don't know my time zone conversions, I'm gonna have to guess. 4-whenever my time, meaning 7 on the east coast (I think...)
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? I would but I realize that isn't viable
Experience level: Somewhat moderate. I was one of the better players at my time at serebii and helped people with their teams on multiple occasions. After a hiatus, I've fallen back quite a bit on my skill (as well as the game advancing) so I'm not as strong as before, but I am becoming aclimated. My conservitive rating is 1313 if that means anything
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): I'd really like to hone my abilities at the OU metagame (even though that's my strong point), though having a better idea for uus or ubers is always helpfull.
A little about myself: I was in the competetive DP scene about a year ago, but I fell out of the scene and moved to brawl for a bit then moved back to the pokemon scene via shoddy battle. The new metagame certainly caught me off guard, but as I said I'm adapting to the newer material. I can beat most of my friends, but very few of them are good (they succumb to my sandstorm team; either it's great or they suck). I wish I was more comfortable playing at high levels to avoid playing bad people as well as being stronger in the game overall.
Outside of the pokemon scene, I'm also talanted with graphic design (I picked it up when I realized that I suck at brawl) and I've been doing it for quite a while. I'm also a pokemon reasercher at Smashboards, which means nothing more then checking and posting new entries for the dex there. I'm a sophomore (I skipped grades if you are math savy and realized the grade and age don't add up) right now and yeah.

Shoddy Battle nick: Althouse
Time zone: EST (GMT -5)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Throughout the Evening everyday
Experience level: Adv Battling
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU and UU
A little about myself: I am a freshman at Syracuse University majoring in Mechanical Engineering. Flygon and Swampert are some favorite pokes. I played on Netbattle for about 6 years and am currently working with a team to add the 4th gen to Netbattle.

Hmm, I'd love to see my chances of getting in, now...

Shoddy Battle nick:
Archer
Time zone: GMT +10
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5:00pm - 10:00pm Mon, Tue, Thur Fri. Possibly all day on weekends.
Do you want to play in the tournament: No
Experience level: Experienced in OU, yet I am still not great, when it comes to making solid teams. No experience in other tiers, coupled with moderate-low knowledge of them.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU (UU if OU is unavailable)
A little about myself: Okay, I have been playing pokemon competitively for a while (1.5 yrs), although I have only really been any good in the last few months. I never seem to be able to produce a sound team that works for me, so I'd like to change that.

Shoddy Battle nick:k.k,2

Time zone:PST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7 EST(4 PST)-11 EST(8 PST)
Experience level: Terrible I need loads of help only 1200
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU Ubers UU
A little about myself: I am a semidecent player I guess I just need help coming up with good teams

Shoddy Battle nick: Lightning Storm
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 10:00am to 8:00pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes.
Experience level: I've been through the tutoring once before with KD24, and I feel like doing it again can only do good.
A little about myself: I need help creating new teams from scratch. I can strategize and predict ok-ish, but I keep on forgetting about my opponent's abilities, already active status conditions etc. in the middle of the battle.

Shoddy Battle nick: Gaetele
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 2pm - 12am
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level: I'm a complete and utter newb. No competitive Pokémon experience at all - I've hardly touched the games since G/S/C.
A little about myself: I just got back into Pokémon after years hiatus and I figured this was as good a place to start as any.

touter me

Shoddy Battle nick:blade4life
Time zone:gmt-8 or pacific standerd time
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):Weekends 12pm-6pm weekdays 6pm-8pm
Experience level:Experienced in Ou need help with it though and other tiers that are in pokemon
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):BL,UU,Suspect,OU,UBer

A little about myself:i play pokemon and i am a 3.2 gpa student

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)