Apprentice Program - Round Thirty Six

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
We are ready to begin Round Thirty Six of the tutoring program; if you wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. We are here for you...so take advantage!

The first 16 people to indicate interest in placement in the next apprentice tournament will be given a place in the seventh official Battling 101 tournament, which will be commencing during round thirty seven.

NEW! We now tutor the UU and Ubers tiers rather than just the OU tier. Please do not forget to indicate which tiers you would like to learn in order of preference, and we will accommodate you as best we can. I understand that UU is undergoing a lot of changes right now, however your tutor will still be capable of getting your foot in the door if that's what you want. Please note that if you do not indicate any tiers, I will assume you want to be taught OU.

This round will last until January 28, 2009.

Shoddy Battle nick:
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?
Experience level:
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):
A little about myself:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

YOU MUST BE ABLE TO USE SHODDY BATTLE TO PARTICIPATE!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Round Thirty Six Match-Ups

Kevin Garrett - Flashstorm1
Gouki - Accipender
Articanus - Valantaro
darkie - Macle-X
Twist of Fate - AeroGP
zerowing - ThePakistani
LonelyNess - fr0sty
Limitless - TNearPM
tennisace - Misaki-chi
Aeroblacktyl - Fenix
DawnBringer - lionking
jimbo422 - Mr_Goodbar
KD24 - Burzum
Legacy Raider - Foresaken Justice
Brawley - Jenta
Max - R2
august - Lunar Fang
MS - Archibald_83
Caelum - billymills
Great Sage - burnpsy
Tangerine - Xia
Sapientia - imperfectluck
Beej - cyberzero
moi - Thebattler1
JabbaTheGriffin - diinbong
Bass - Spidy
Havak - ZipOnTrousers
Calciphoce - Nibsauce
Stathakis - Kha
Elevator Music - RegalStar
Colonel M - Umbreon Dan
Blue Kirby - Erodent
Twash - Vashta Narada
TAY - MetaNite
reachzero - newbioform
RB Golbat - tblakey89
Astamatitos - C. Falcon
maddog - Bittrsweet
SoT - Mordock
Olie - ExplorerAce
Seven Deadly Sins - Shur.tugal

Assigned to Kevin Garrett

Shoddy Battle nick: Flashstorm1
Time zone: GMT -6 (Central Standard Time)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7 P.M.-11 P.M. (Weekdays) / 5 P.M. - 12 A.M. (Saturday)
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes
Experience level: I have been recognized throughout several Pokémon communities, such as NSider2 and Team Uber, to be a generally good battler who can hold his own against some of the best battlers around. I first began playing competitively back on NetBattle when I was introduced to competitive battling thanks to FiveKRunner, PokemonBattleBrain, and Duckster to name a few people, and I have them to thank to where I've gotten today. A few achievements on my part include getting in the top 50 on the Smogon Leaderboard and having earned 2 badges on the Smogon Frontier so far. I've also been assigned as a tutor on NSider2 to help others learn about competitive battling. However, I've been getting a bit rusty as of late, so I'd like to learn more about how I can improve on my battling skills from the best of the best.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Ubers
A little about myself: I am an enthusiastic person who likes to start conversations with numerous people and mainly just likes to have a good time with friends, both in real life and online. I am currently a freshman in high school and have been getting very good grades so far. After completing this course, I'd enjoy spreading my knowledge to other users and encouraging more people to visit this program. If allowed, I'd like to request Kevin Garrett as my tutor because he is the most familiar tutor to me; however, I'd be completely satisfied with being apprenticed to any one of the tutors.

Assigned to Gouki

Shoddy Battle nick:
Accipender
Time zone: GMT -5
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6-9
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Definitely, if I can
Experience level*: Well…Ive been playing Pokemon since Blue Version, but only started playing on any competitive level midsummer. Since then, I’ve become decent, earning ~1400 on the Smogon Ladder, but I still have much to improve on. My team building skills are meh, my prediction is off at (most) times, and as I’m new, I don’t know ALL of the popular sets.
TIERS: OU is what I mainly play, though learning about UU or Uber would be cool, to have as some off time from OU. Oh and Little Cup is fun! =D

A little about myself: I’m a VERY offensive player. I HATE sitting around, cowering behind a wall, its just not fun for me. I enjoy sweeping teams. I also had a brief Pokemon hiatus over the winter break, and am wanting to get back into the metagame

If possible, I would like a tutor who is very offensive and who can teach me about the offensive metagame.

Assigned to Articanus

Shoddy Battle nick: Mr.T, Vance
Time zone: GMT -5
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Sat-Sun: All day, Mon-Fri: 4pm-9pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level: I'm pretty good, but I've been slipping as of late. Team building is the biggest of my concerns.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Ubers, UU/BL, OU
A little about myself: I've been on a few Pokemon communties, but Smogon is where I find the most action. I've been trying to get on the Ubers leaderboard, and I actually reached 20th, but a few haxy matches brought me down to 28th, and also brought down my self esteem.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to darkie

Shoddy Battle nick: Macle
Time zone: Central GMT - 6
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7 pm to 10 pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? no
Experience level: I was tutored last round. I've gain some knowledge and I still want to learn more. I learned offensive teams from the that round and now I want to learn more about stall and balance.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Uber
A little about myself: I play basketball for my school. I'm a sophomore in high school now. I don't talk much but I listen well.

Assigned to Twist of Fate

AeroGP
Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8)
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Yes (Tournament)
Novice (prediction skills lacking)
All tiers; specific interest in Underused.
Moody and a little self-absorbed, but I learn and adapt quickly. I treat pokemon as an expression of self. Therefore, I want to win and be unique. And when I say "unique," I mean something more than just "Teching". I understand that it may not be possible because Pokemon are numbers and you can't bend numbers.
I would prefer to be tutored by any veteran that frequently attends the C.A.P shoddy battle server, as that is where I usually attend. Note that I am not actually interested in C.A.P; I just like the intimacy of the server.

Assigned to zerowing

Shoddy Battle nick: ThePakistani
Time zone: PST (-8)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Irregular, usually 10 pm - 1 am PST.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level: Nothing. I have two teams and hardly ever play. (Due to always losing and never being able to make a team)
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Ubers, UU
A little about myself: I'm looking for a tutor who has preferably been around for awhile and has gotten positive reviews. I think I need one more than most because I have literally no experience... I like music and stuff and I suck at writing about myself. P.S. I'm white. My name is in for a change.

Assigned to LonelyNess

Shoddy Battle nick: fr0sty
Time zone: GMT-6
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays 6PM – 12AM, Sunday 12PM – 12AM
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No thanks
Experience level: Beginner, I need help on building teams and forming my own strategies.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU
A little about myself: Sophomore in high school. This past winter break, I picked up playing Diamond again and now I’m addicted. I’m also hasty andy prone to errors.

Assigned to Limitless

Shoddy Battle nick: TNearPM
Time zone: GMT -5 (EST)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 2 hours anywhere between 4 and 10PM. Edit: on alot on weekends.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes!
Experience level: Between horrid and average.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Ou only.
A little about myself: I like, Chess, Wii, and of course Pokemon. I'm a HAbs fan, cuase they own all. I get Good marks in school too, =D.

If possible can Darkie be my tutor? If not, I would like someone that's good at teaching, doesn't actually have to be to great of a battler.

Assigned to tennisace

Shoddy Battle nick: shiki misaki
Time zone: +11 (AEDT)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): tbh I dont have regular hours as my sleep cycle is weird as fuck 8D I'm on all the time anyway. But generally from 7 PM (US EST) right through the night
Experience level: I know how to basically battle, and predict, but my prediction is sort of erratic and I'm not confident =x I can't build teams or plan long-term either.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, CaP (was told to edit this in o.o), new UU, I don't care about the others
A little about myself: 15/f/australia, bad at writing these things, obsessed with Ebola/books/moi (sorry i was made to edit that in)

Requesting tennisace as my tutor, please <3 We agreed to this awhile ago :3 You can ask him if you like ~_^

Assigned to Aeroblacktyl

Shoddy Battle nick: Nysimi

Time zone: Central

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5PM-12AM

Experience level: I have been playing pokemon since I first got Yellow version back in third grade but have only started playing competitively for the past 8 months. I've had decent success on Shoddy Battle and Wifi but I really would like to get better. I'm a pretty decent battler and a pretty decent team builder although I would love to get even better at these things. I would really enjoy a tutor that can help me build upon what I already have.

Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU; UU; Ubers *Edit Now that I think of it, it could be fun to also learn about the new UU but still having OU as the main focus.

A little about myself: I'm a high school senior. I love to take things easy and just go with the flow. I love video games, and once I start to like it I can get pretty into it. I'm currently working on just finishing up this last semester of high school and go to college to hopefully study medicine one day. I've been lurking around these forums for months and only recently really started posting. I don't only want to become a better battler, I want to become a real member of Smogon and contribute in whatever way I can. I want a tutor that cannot only introduce me to competitive battling but introduce me to the community.

After Reading through the tutors profiles I'd like to request Aeroblacktyl as my tutor because he seems like he is an awesome tutor.

Assigned to DawnBringer

Shoddy Battle nick: Thekingofhamsters
Time zone:
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): (4-6) - (10 - 12)
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? I want to play in the tournament. I shall not lose the first round!
Experience level: I think I started playing last October. I've been gone for a while, but I'm used to everything. I need the most help in competitive battling, though I would love to further improve my half-decent team-building skills.
A little about myself: I can be really chatty, despite being an introverted person in real life. In battles, I tend to play rushed unless I want to take my time, and I don't formulate plans very often. Sure I will notice things, but it does not always win me games. I've got an appreciation for all sorts of food. I'm into cartoonish strategy games like Fire Emblem.

I request Blue Kirby as a tutor. If not Blue Kirby, then Max. If not those two, then anybody but Havak and Great Sage(no offence).

Assigned to jimbo422

Shoddy Battle nick: junebug
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): depends, usually mostly free 4-12
Experience level: fairly good
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU only, unless tutor has extra time for something else
A little about myself: college student at UMich, uhh all I can think of atm :P

Also requesting tennisace not be my tutor, because I had him last time and would prefer to have someone new.

Also I never received a PM about reviewing my tutor from last round, I talked to a couple others that said they got theirs so I just want to make sure there wasn't a mistake, if you could PM me I'd appreciate that

Assigned to KD24

Shoddy Battle Nick: It will be Burzum
Time Zone: GMT -5 (EST)
Regular Online Hours: During Weekdays anywhere from 2-8 pm and 2pm-2am on weekends but varies
Tournament: Yes
Experience Level: I recognize myself as an above average battler with good skills but dreadful team building. This team building syndrome is keeping me from my potential or at least I'd like to believe. Has hard time accepting standards on team. Was in top 50 UU at a point.
Tiers: OU/UU
A little about myself: Hobbies Paintball, basketball, video games (Ranked top 3000 in Madden) music - metal

Any tutor would be fine.

Foresaken Justice

Assigned to Legacy Raider

Shoddy Battle Nick: Foresaken Justice
Time Zone: EST
Regular Online Hours: All day on weekends and 8 PM-10 PM on weekdays
Do you want to play in the tournament? Yes
Experience Level: Average
Tiers I need help in: OU, UU
A little about myself: I am 14 and I am in the 9th grade. I got into competitive battling when I was a young boy. I am very eager to learn new strategies. I play Baseball and I am in all honors classes. I am an enthusiastic person who likes to start conversations with multiple people and mainly just likes to have a great time with friends. I've been lurking around these forums for months and only recently really started posting.

May I request Legacy Raider please. He is awesome =D He has helped me before and I know him quite well. If I cannot get him anybody else would be fine ^_^

Assigned to Brawley

Shoddy Battle nick: Jenta
Time zone: +0 (Central)
Regular Online Hours (Central): Hopefully Sat: 12 or 1 pm to 12:00 am and 7:00 am to 12:00 am for Sunday. I think it's one hour more to be eastern time.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? I think I will
Experience level: I know how to battle, I can predict sometimes, I sometimes make teams. It depends what I want for the team and I either make a good one or get a win/lose situation.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU and OU. I've barley played UU and I think I should start
A little about myself: I am an artist in Texas and love to play games such as Pokemon

Assigned to Max

Shoddy Battle nick: r2
Time zone: Pacific
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 1-3 PM, 4:30-7:30
Tiers I need help in: OU, UU, Uber
Experience level*: Pretty good at prediction and what not, but absolutely terrible at team building.

A little about myself: I have a rather strange obsession with random RPG games...

Assigned to august

Shoddy Battle nick: Lunar Fang, Blue of Sensuality
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours : From 3pm to whenever. Mondays through Saturday.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes.
Experience level: I'd say from low to moderate. I'm not that awesome.
Tiers I need help in: OU
A little about myself: Been into pokemon forever, but I'm still a typical guy. Sports, school, and such.

(I'm already REALLY familiar with the CAP players, as such I'd like to request that I get a tutor outside of CAP. Thanks)

Assigned to MS

Shoddy Battle Nick: Archibald_83
Time zone: GMT 10+ Daylight Savings, making it 11+? I think.
Regular Online Hours: For my time zone: 2:00pm-6:00pm. 8:00am-12:00pm Eastern if my maths is right.
Tournament:Yes
Experience: I'd say I'm average. I have played casually for a while and follow developments in the Metagames, but I'm looking to become more serious. I do know what I'm doing though.
Tiers: OU, where I simply can't get teams to work, UU, Ubers
About Me: I prefer offence, and can't deal with stall teams. I also have trouble getting my Conservative Rating Estimate above around 1400. I can't really build extremely effective teams, either.

Assigned to Caelum

Shoddy Battle nick: billymills
Time zone: -7 (MST)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): err, 9-12ish
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? not really, If you need more, I could
Experience level: A fair amount, i've only been around for a few months, but I know a general idea of what i'm doing.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, Uber, then eventually OU (mainly team-building and tier specifics)
A little about myself: I am randomly strange. There is nothing else to say here.

Assigned to Great Sage

Shoddy Battle nick: burnpsy
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4PM - 11PM (Weekdays) 1PM - 11PM (Weekends)
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes
Experience level: Meh. Although I've been playing competetively for only about 6 months now, some people consider me to be good or OK. However, this does not stop me from losing 3/4 of my matches.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU preferrably, UU can not be learned while it is going through this test, and I am not interested in Ubers.
A little about myself: I live in the Peel Region of Canada. I am in their Enhanced Program (Meaning I am within the top 1% of students in my grade) and am in Grade 11, a year ahead of my class (but the story behind that is MUCH more complicated than that). I have been into Pokemon ever since I was a little kid. I am currently trying to reach an acceptable skill level, and failing. I try to have fun while playing competetively.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Tangerine

Shoddy Battle nick: Xia
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Between 5 and 9 o'clock, but I also have wrestling matches (normally one during the week and one on saturday until 5:00)
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level: Well, it's ok, but I could use improvement. Maybe a 3/10?
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU
A little about myself: I enjoy weather-based teams and long walks on the beach. Stall teams spike my curiousity, but I've never tried to play one. Willing to try anything, and very open to critisism. Been told I'm very coachable, if that's a good thing. =]

imperfectluck

Banned deucer.
Assigned to Sapientia

Shoddy Battle nick: imperfectluck.
Time zone: -9
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Always on
Do you want to play in the tournament: I doubt it would be a good idea
Experience level: I play OU! Ubers and UU not at all
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Ubers and UU only
A little about myself: I come from TWINLEAF TOWN

Assigned to Beej

Shoddy Battle nick: cyberzero, cyberia
Regular Online Hours: All week, 4-11, varying
Experience level: I've been playing OU for about a year, but have been mediocre to decent in that time, never going on a stretch good enough to consider myself above average. I have a very good idea of the metagame and roles of Pokemon.
A little about myself: I've learned about Smogon through the Create-A-Pokemon project where I am very active, and I am a server regular. I consider myself sociable and am always willing to help, but OU is where I've been having some problems. I am not a completely horrible team builder, but executing battle strategies is something I have problems with.

If possible, I'd like to be tutored by someone I know; namely, SoT, Bass, Beej, tennisace, Elevator Music or darkie, please.

Assigned to moi

Shoddy Battle nick: Thebattler1
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Always on
Do you want to play in the tournament: No

Experience level: My best is OU. I am decent at Ubers and UU.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Ubers and UU

A little about myself: I started on SerebiiForums, where boy battlers are made into men battlers. My last tutor was TAY, who really helped improved my OU Team. If TAY is knowledgeable at Ubers or UU, I wouldn't mind having him again, if not, then another tutor will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)