Artpunch, Headpunch's Art

I liked the scratch work and Wolfwood.

I'd also like to second the Zangoose evo or pre-evo.
I didn't anticipate that coming. I suppose that since this request is popular enough and I've got some ideas already forming, I'll get to work on a Zangoose pre-evo. I need more experience with the smaller Pokés, anyway. A safe estimate is that you'll be seeing this by at least the end of the weekend, possibly sooner depending on how much homework I'm assigned.

Alright, done with this scruffy little fella:

Cute, isn't he? This is certainly not my best work; it isn't terrible either. As I said earlier, I don't prefer working with smaller subjects, but I suppose I'm capable enough. Tweaking the lineart to my liking wasn't an easy task, and even now, I know it's not perfect. Even some smaller official sprites ended up "squashed up", for lack of a better term, like this too. After the lineart was done, I was somewhat burned out on this project, so I decided to use Zangoose's palette instead of creating my own. Sue me (though some Pokémon use the same palette even after evolution such as Corphish and Crawdaunt; and Sandshrew and Sandslash). Hope you guys like it. Oh, and did I mention that his name is Monzing?

There's a design I made for CAP 5. Unfortunately, it was either ignored or completely dismissed by some funny people who thought it looked too much like Rapidash. The absence of those people from Gamefreak is why we have Beautifly, Dustox, Seviper, Plusle, Minun, and Mothim, among others. Oh well; enjoy.

There's a design I made for CAP 5. Unfortunately, it was either ignored or completely dismissed by some funny people who thought it looked too much like Rapidash. The absence of those people from Gamefreak is why we have Beautifly, Dustox, Seviper, Plusle, Minun, and Mothim, among others. Oh well; enjoy.
It's actually pretty cool ;).

wow dude omfg awesome work you got there you can scratch so good :)

I have a request tho, i'd like an evolution of Delibird. I hope you can do that for me.

Note: If you've done that sprite, may i use it on my forums? I got a topic there, its called like: Make your own pokemon. I'd like to use your sprite, i'll give credit and i link it to your work here :)

It's the evo of our beloved Santa Owl, Delibird. Yeah, that's right: it's not a penguin. Anyhow, it was fairly difficult to create a design that looked significantly different from Delibird, but I settled with this one after my third sketch. The name was yet another obstacle, but I decided Montroyowl was appropriate. It's a combination of Montreal, Quebec; royal, due to its "crown" of feathers, and owl. Enjoy.

Im not in love with it too be honest. Shading is off inmany places and the pixelart itself isnt too nice. I think you should have chosen a different design.
Headpunch, what happened to the epic stuff like Monzing??? >:O

Specific examples, my friend, specific examples. Just telling me it's bad doesn't help me at all. As far as I can tell, all proportions are correct and the shading conforms to all basic rules. Would you be so obliged as to say what exactly is wrong? I'm not going to lie, I don't consider the design or spriting (due to the size limitations of advance) top quality, but I certainly don't see what you must.

It's fine geez don't discuss about it my work is like 10 times more worse than his ;o;

I have another request, i always love to see new evo's lol lemme think here....

Got it!! Why don't ya make an evo for Tauros?

I think its great technically, just a few stray pixels in the beard. I dont like it mostly because I feel it looks like delibird grew up kinda. And because I often forget Delibird exists. :P

Neither of the two have much potential for an evolution. Perhaps you could request something else? In any case, I'm kind of burned out, so anything that I do agree to do will be done next weekend, most likely. Also would you mind PM'ing me a link to the thread you referred to earlier, Chileon?

@ MetalGarX: Yeah, I know what you're talking about. That 64x64 size limitation can make some things look messy occasionally. Even in official sprites. Ah well, no matter.

D/P sprites are 80x80, true, but Advance are 64x64, which is the style I prefer emulating. I like the idea of a Lanturn evo, but I'll take a look at Caladbolg's designs first.

EDIT: Would you mind if I did Raptorage, Caladbolg? After I'm done with that, I'll do a Lanturn evo because it's pretty fly and has the potential for one.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
D/P sprites are 80x80, true, but Advance are 64x64, which is the style I prefer emulating. I like the idea of a Lanturn evo, but I'll take a look at Caladbolg's designs first.

EDIT: Would you mind if I did Raptorage, Caladbolg? After I'm done with that, I'll do a Lanturn evo because it's pretty fly and has the potential for one.
No problem. The color are similar to Graptor. Would you mind if I put the Sprite in my thread too?...Of course...I will give you the credit.

Yeah, that's fine. I'm glad to be able to do another large sprite. They're so much easier to work with than the alternative.

Your arts- I clicked on them.

Gota say I love your squirtle-crobat fusion and is that a Marowak evolution? Awesome.

Yeah, it's a Marowak evo. Thanks for commenting. I have to admit, this thread's just been begging for some attention.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)