Ask A Little Question, Get A Little Answer (Mark 1)

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also, running Shed Shell on Bronzor is kind of a waste. Magnemite isn't OHKOing Bronzor in its wildest dreams, so Oran Berry lets it shrug off a TBolt and EQ for the kill. If Bronzor is low enough that TBolt will KO, it's probably outlived its usefulness anyway.

Does that really make up for the significantly weaker attackers present? Hmm, strange, but whatever.
I don't know what significantly weaker attacks you think are used, other than the increased frequency of priority moves in comparison to standard. Pokemon are running around using powerful attacks like Earthquake, Stone Edge, Thunderbolt, and Ice Beam, just like in standard.

No, weaker attackers, not weaker attacks.
Ah... /facepalm

Well, the stats of LC pokemon are generally more offensive than defensive. Yes, their offensive stats are low, but so are the defensive stats. On top of the vast majority of LC pokemon being offensively inclined, the level difference has a huge impact, drastically boosting damage output and making most defensively oriented Pokemon unable to wall or tank effectively. Of course, there are exceptions such as Bronzor and Munchlax.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Additionally, more damage is done on average to Level 5 Pokemon than to Level 100 Pokemon because of the way damage is calculated. More information can be found in this thread.

I would just like to add saying that the main reason (from what I've heard) that the Wobb family is banned from OU is the Encore + Shadow Tag combination. This is not nearly as big of a deal in LC as the OU metagame is much more oriented towards stall, and therefore, non-damaging moves are less common, giving Wynaut/Wobbuffet more of a chance to do what they do best.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Of course it is. I forget how it was proven, but it IS possible to use Pokerus, braces, and low level Magikarps to get whatever EV spread you want. It's a HUGE HUGE pain in the ass IRL, but it's definitely not impossible, and definitely allowed.

Ah... /facepalm

Well, the stats of LC pokemon are generally more offensive than defensive. Yes, their offensive stats are low, but so are the defensive stats. On top of the vast majority of LC pokemon being offensively inclined, the level difference has a huge impact, drastically boosting damage output and making most defensively oriented Pokemon unable to wall or tank effectively. Of course, there are exceptions such as Bronzor and Munchlax.
Yeah, on scale, it's probably the same. I was more or less expressing my surprise at the fact that damage calculations at a much lower level alone will make up for the massive attack difference between LC and OU pokemon to a point where Wynaut will be an easier target.

Additionally, more damage is done on average to Level 5 Pokemon than to Level 100 Pokemon because of the way damage is calculated. More information can be found in this thread.
Good stuff.

is riolu really THAT bad has a later game sweeper in LC? i tried using multiple times but he just cant setup and i would like to know if anyone had any sucess with him in any possible way...

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Other than Tyrogue, Riolu is the worst Fighting-type. Croagunk has Dry Skin and some useful resists combined with the ability to run a mixed set, Mankey has speed and U-Turn, Machop has bulk and Dynamicpunch. Riolu is countered by the same things as Mankey and Machop, but isn't as effective. As far as lategame sweepers go, you're better off with something like Agility Chinchou or Rain Dance Mantyke, which both cover a lot of threats as well as resisting most priority to help mitigate revenge kills.

I strongly disagree with Vader, Tyrogue is actually much better than Riolu. Much better.

Riolu is balls. Though, I have seen Sledge use him as an anti-lead iirc.

Aright, I have not so much a question as a request for the LC-battling smogon community; I have been unable to use Shoddy for a few weeks now, and won't be able to use it again for another week at least.

Can anyone help me out by testing the DD Charmander sets that are currently up in the Charmander analysis thread and report back to me with the results? The more people who can help me do this, the better. I understand if no one can, but if anyone can find the time to do so, it would be a huge deal of help to me.

This has probably been asked before, but is there a LC strategy dex where I can see a list of LC pokemon and their analasyses?

This may be a stupid question, but in most move-sets for LC Pokémon, such as the ever so popular Meowth.. it has Fake Out, which is an egg move so no probs there! But then it also has Bite suggested which Meowth doesn't get untill level 6 and cannot be bred with? o.0 Same thing with Ekans, suggested Bite and Poison Jab but it can't get bred with those moves, it never learns Poison Jab and doesn't learn bite or glare untill later?

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If both parents know a move that can only be learned through Level Up, the resulting offspring will have that said move. As such, it is possible (though a bit of a pain) to get Bite on a Level 5 Meowth and Bite and Poison Jab on a Level 5 Ekans.

Ah I see. ^^ I totally forgot about that. Thank you! Although, Arbok still doesn't learn Poison Jab as far as I know. =P Nor through breeding. Poison Fang and Poison Tail though..

so only the father has to know poison jab (TM breeding is different from moveset breeding) no need for two TM84s, thank god.

If the official "mission statement" is to breed the perfect pokemon, does that mean that breeding followed by TM add-ons/tutors are allowed? (i.e. sucker punch stunky?)

Can i ask, why does no-one use CBzigzagoon. As far as i know, he has the strongest priority attack in LC. Yeah he only hit 19 atk, but that all he needs to become a fantastic late-game cleaner?

9Edit: also with a spread of 132hp/196atk/108def/36spe/28sdef he can take a few hits

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)