Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (6th Gen ASB Version)

Due to the change to rank 6 mechanics all pokemon where granted a free nature change, it's just that the change coincided with the new gen, any pokemon that was adquired before the change is elegible for the free nature switch

Can someone explain the "moody natures" in the NDA?
They're used for the Ability Moody, which is on several Pokémon - noticeably Bibarel, which also has both Simple and Unaware.

NDA said:
This Pokemon's feelings are always fluctuating, and its mood at any given time greatly influences how it can act from one round to the next. In addition to its general nature, this Pokemon displays a burst of emotional power each round that shares characteristics with other natures, affecting the Pokemon's Ranks directly. At the end of each round the Pokemon changes its Moody nature (roll out of 25 R1 and out of 24 in subsequent rounds), a nature that has the regular drawbacks of a nature but enhances that nature's strengths. Please refer to the Natures Section for Moody Natures.

Hi, I've been looking at this for a while, and it looks really interesting, but I don't think I have enough time to participate. However, I'm working on designing card and board games, and I think the system is really interesting. May I / How would I go about getting permission for using some of the mechanics?

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Hi there XerxesPraelor!

We certainly wouldn't have any problem with you trying to create a game based upon some ASB mechanics. The best way to do that would be to talk to Deck Knight, the easiest way of which would be to use this link. Please beware he is "a huge game design nerd I can never help but ask what people want to do with it".

Is this the right place to point out that in the NDA, Thunder Shock is missing a line to the effect of "Thunder Shock has a chance to cause Paralysis."?

Also, if my Timid Pokemon's Speed changes in battle (due to Paralysis, Scary Face, or Flame Charge), does the accuracy boost change dynamically, or is it a static boost from the nature?

Last edited:

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Can't access IRC and I need a ruling, so this will do.

Does Evasive (Agility) evade Future Sight?

Future Sight isn't affected by Protect (according to bulbapedia), but Future Sight can miss (also according to bulbapedia). I don't know if the accuracy check is done on the turn it is used or the turn it hits though.

Is Evasive Agility regarded as a protect (I guess detect would be more fitting) for specific moves? Or as an auto-miss move? And if it is the latter, does the accuracy check on Future Sight happen on the turn it is used or the turn it hits?

Thanks in advance.

Evasive Agility causes all single-target attacks, baring those with perfect accuracy, from hitting.

Future Sight is a single-target attacking move with 100% accuracy. From that, Future Sight should be evaded by Agility(evasive). It says it uses any modifiers held by the pokemon at the time the move is used, so that means that you would need to use Agility(evasive) on the turn that Future Sight is used, and Future Sight's accuracy is checked when the move is used.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I believe Mulan is correct in this case. If Evasive Agility is used on the Future Sight turn then it WOULD NOT evade Future Sight because Future Sight deals damage in the post action damage step; but the other information quote by Mulan would suggest that if Evasive Agility is used on the turn Future Sight is used then it would evade it.

Am I allowed to edit in an update to my team in the Challenge sign up threads if my team members have learned new moves or otherwise advanced?

In a battle I am currently reffing, Scyther has been ordered to use Counter a1 on a new round, and the opposing pokemon's attack missed. The last time Scyther was damaged was a2 last round, is it correct that Scyther will still use Counter, simply using the damage (Physical) from a2 last round?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
In a battle I am currently reffing, Scyther has been ordered to use Counter a1 on a new round, and the opposing pokemon's attack missed. The last time Scyther was damaged was a2 last round, is it correct that Scyther will still use Counter, simply using the damage (Physical) from a2 last round?
Counter only works on the last physical attack that hits the user on the action it is used. This means it would fail with EN expenditure.

Since I can't seem to post to IRC...

Looking at Dark STAB:
NDA said:
Dark STAB; ignores Attract and Confusion status entirely when using Dark-type damaging and non-damaging attacks.
Does the bolded section cover Dark Type moves that deal damage and any non damaging attack, or is it just referring to all Dark attacks?

Since I can't seem to post to IRC...

Looking at Dark STAB:

Does the bolded section cover Dark Type moves that deal damage and any non damaging attack, or is it just referring to all Dark attacks?
I'd interpret it as all Dark-Type attacks, although the wording does seem a bit off.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
damaging is an adjective clause relating to the subject "attacks"

non-damaging is an adjective clause relating tot he subject "attacks"

dark-type is an adjective clause relating to both "damaging" and "non-damaging"

Depends on the method in which the attack is learned. Previous Generation TM/HMs, Previous Generation Tutors, Eggs, and Event moves cost 3 MC. Current Generation TM/HMs and Current Generation Tutors (excluding Pledge moves) cost 2 MC. Level Up moves and Pledge moves cost 1 MC.

Does High Jump Kicking a Ghost type result in crash damage?
(Assuming nothing like Foresight is in effect)

Also, while I'm posting...Protect does block Foresight, right?

If Helping Hand is used on Megahorn in a Poison Sting+Megahorn combination, what is the final BAP?

EDIT: Also, what is HH's energy cost?

Last edited:
Getting ready to ref a match when I get home. Looking at the rules for mid-battle evolution I found the line "If a Pokemon is at the appropriate EC threshold at the start of a battle then it can potentially evolve in the middle of that battle,"

Does the bolded portion mean that this can only happen if the 'mon sent to the ref and posted in the thread has the appropriate amount of EC?

IOW, should Frosty be able to MBE (Mid-Battle Evolve) in this battle. Note the profiles at the top.

Posting from work, sorry if this post isn't clear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)