Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (CAP Edition) - Mark II (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

I missed a lot of the excitements, A LOT. MIA for a long period...

Anyway, I just want to know is there a thread that shows all the new CAPS?

Krillowatt, that's the last CAP I know.

For the Create-a-Pokemon Proccess, is it OK if the Pokemon is based off of an existing Pokemon? Just Wondering.
To an extent. For example, the last pokemon we made for the DPP generation was designed to be the 'perfect partner' for Togekiss.

Just bear in mind that the over-riding objective of the CaP project is to explore the standard meta-game; we choose the concept which will do this best through a vote. So if you want your concept to be chosen, you'll have to explain how it'll teach us about the metagame.

What is new about it? How might it change the way we play? What predictions are easy to make, and what do we really have no idea about?

For a better idea of the kinds of concepts that do well, you might want to check out this post.

I have never used the cap forums before :S

Has it ever been considered that we could create Items that extend the length of Trickroom, Gravity and Tailwind similar to Damp rock. This could potentially make Trick room viable and it would be interesting to see a metagame where teams have to prepare for Trickroom.

Secondly, I would really like to see a pokemon with the ability to cast permanent gravity. Permanent Trickroom/Tailwind would most likely be broken, but permanent Gravity could have some interesting uses for both stall and offensive teams (Spikes/Innacurate moves). It would also most likely increase the useage of Bug and Grass type pokemon which are currently unpopular.

I'm more wondering if these options have been considered and would testing things like new abilities and new items be an option, not just new pokemon.

Where can I find the flavor info for old 4th gen CAPs? I searched Revenankh but couldn't find his "final product" page that had all the flavor and dex stuff. Where can I find it?

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Those options could have been considered back when we were on Shoddy, but due to the current simulator being......less-than-friendly to anything custom, we can't add new items or abilities etc.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Just wondering, it's been nearly a month since playtesting ended for Tomo, how long is it usually between CAPs?

Just wondering, it's been nearly a month since playtesting ended for Tomo, how long is it usually between CAPs?
From the point when playtesting ends of one CAP to the Topic Leader nominations of the next CAP, it's usually between one to two months.

An important thing to know however, is that the time frame between CAPs has never been set in stone. It happens when it happens, if you will. Not to mention, there are all the smaller projects in between that some members would like to start/finish before focusing on another CAP.

That said, I expect the next one will happen soon enough.

If I put down a concept for a new CAP, would I have to provide any flavor text or anything? Or just types, purpose and such?
No, the project is primarily for learning about the metagame and its conventions. When concepts are proposed, we mainly focus on them throughout the entire project by staying true to them as much as possible. The flavor bits such usually come at the end when all of the gameplay elements have been figured out. Some, like art and names comes sooner, but dex entries, size, pre-evos are near the end.

Also, when proposing a concept, you need to leave out any specific characteristics (like having a certain type or being good against a certain type, for example).

Wouldn't we want to not only update the sprites for BW, but also their movepools?

EDIT: Btw, when is the next polls because I have the best idea ever that will go down in CAP history.

Wouldn't we want to not only update the sprites for BW, but also their movepools?

EDIT: Btw, when is the next polls because I have the best idea ever that will go down in CAP history.
For the 4th Gen CAPs, no we decided not to update their movepools a while ago. They were built only for the 4th Gen and the effort in adding a couple new moves would be pointless and wouldn't help in their original concepts.

The next set of polls might come soon, there's no definite time.

Say, I'm just wondering, why aren't there pages for the CAP Pre-Evos?
Actually, I don't know if any real pages were created for them. I guess that could be another project that could be worked on.

One last question, wouldn't we want to try to make a Uber/UU/NU CAP? I mean OU is the tier that we know the most about (since most of us play OU). Not many people play other tiers, so wouldn't it be a good idea to make a few Uber/UU/NU CAPs.

One last question, wouldn't we want to try to make a Uber/UU/NU CAP? I mean OU is the tier that we know the most about (since most of us play OU). Not many people play other tiers, so wouldn't it be a good idea to make a few Uber/UU?NU CAPs.
Like you said, the standard metagame (OU) is what most people play and know about. It would be best to focus our efforts in learning about that metagame. More than others, there are always changes to it, so the best learning opportunities are there as well.

That's not to say that the policy couldn't be changed in the future. For now, with 5th Gen OU still forming, we should only focus on that, but we could very well try out another tier in the future (that's my opinion). It would need to be discussed.

Sprite Problem

Hi. I'm using Mac OSX. I replaced the db folder as described in your guide, but when I start up Pokemon Online I don't have any new sprites nor fusion bolt Victini. Any idea how to solve this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)