CAP 1 - Pre-Evo Final Product

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here she is!

I'll be honest, I had no idea how this would go. It was a spur of the moment thing to include the pre-evo process in CAP with Gen V. We didn't know how it would go, we weren't sure if it'd produce something quality, we weren't certain if it'd conflict with the main CAP or what would happen. However, I am both proud and thrilled to tell you that it was a full-blown success! There were a few hitches along the way, but we have made Scratchet and he is wonderful.

Pre-CAPs are not created for competitive purposes, however, they will be playable on a competitive ladder (CAP LC) and will also be usable in full CAP (All CAP) when that gets going. Scrappy Rapid Spin? I think that it will get used all over the place in ways that maybe we haven't even anticipated. It's certainly viable in BW OU thanks to Scrappy Rapid Spin and Eviolite's bulk boost, and thanks to Scrappy STAB Normal- and Fighting-type attacks, it'll be great in LC too. You'll notice I picked his weight and height like past TLs have for their CAPs. I chose a 40BP Low Kick because Tomohawk takes a 60BP hit, and I also chose half a meter for his height because it seems realistic for the egg kitty. Rock on, competitive pre-CAP!

That all said, thanks to you all for making this a reality. You proved my worries wrong, you showed me how tough it is to actually run a CAP (God bless all the past TL's, their work is immense), and we created something awesome out of it. I look forward to seeing you all in the field for some testing once it gets added!

And without further ado, here's Scratchet:

Name: Scratchet
Species: Scratch Cat Pokemon
Height: 1' 08" / 0.5m
Weight: 44.0lbs / 20.0kg
Genders: M / F
Black Dex Entry: Though playful and restless by nature, they treat Tomohawk with rare respect.
White Dex Entry: They are often seen chasing Sigilyph, and are deeply inspired by Sigilyph's ability to fly.
Typing: Normal / Fighting
Base Stats: 55 HP / 85 Atk / 80 Def / 20 SpA / 70 SpD / 40 Spe
Abilities: Scrappy / Prankster / Vital Spirit (DW)
Egg Groups: Ground / Flying
Movepool:
00 Fury Swipes
09 Harden
13 Focus Energy
18 Rock Smash
23 Roar
27 Work Up
32 Submission
36 Hyper Voice
40 Bulk Up
45 Superpower
49 Taunt
53 Rest
57 Retaliate

TM05 Roar
TM06 Toxic
TM08 Bulk Up
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM12 Taunt
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM27 Return
TM31 Brick Break
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM40 Aerial Ace
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
TM48 Round
TM49 Echoed Voice
TM52 Focus Blast
TM54 False Swipe
TM56 Fling
TM60 Quash
TM67 Retaliate
TM70 Flash
TM78 Bulldoze
TM80 Rock Slide
TM83 Work Up
TM86 Grass Knot
TM87 Swagger
TM90 Substitute
TM94 Rock Smash
HM04 Strength

Baton Pass
Confuse Ray
Focus Energy
Haze
Memento
Nature Power
Rapid Spin
Roost
Stealth Rock
Yawn

A very good job to you RD, belated grats for becoming a Moderator here, and I don't blame you for all the late thread-closing and everything.

Also good job to everybody else. Hope to see you again! Oh wait why am I sounding like Nurse Joy ._.

Toodles~ :toast:

I really enjoy the effort put into making the pre-evolution, seeing as how it wont be as competitively used as Tomohawk it still really adds to the Pokemon feel. Very excited to see what comes next! And hopefully get involved somehow.

Great work :)

Question, when are the spirits gonna be uploaded?
and when the other Cap prevos will get their stats/moves/etc...?

Wow this thing is actually really good in OU.
Great bulk with an eviolite (not super awesome ferrothorn good, but still pretty good)
Scrappy spin
Amazing support (SR, Yawn, Roar)
Recovery
Decent attack
Unresisted STABs with Scrappy
and Boosting moves.

I see a tank, a supporter, and a bulk up abuser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)