Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer & General Resources (OU Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is cuptap berry released? I saw someone using custap berry forretress.
I'm pretty certain it isn't released yet, so if that was on a simulator it's a bug (I think, I could be wrong). If it was on Wi-Fi they hacked it in.

Have the new arrivals from BW2 been tiered yet? I've been without Internet for the last month so I haven't had a chance to follow recent events.
Currently all the new arrivals are OU except for the new Kyurem forms, which have been auto-banned to Ubers. None of the Pokemon that got new DW abilities have had their tierings change; that will be based on usage over the next couple months and council decisions should any of them come under suspect.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Have the new arrivals from BW2 been tiered yet? I've been without Internet for the last month so I haven't had a chance to follow recent events.
Yeah, every new thing in BW2 (Keldeo and therians) was put in OU bar the Kyurem formes, which were put in Uber. Genesect still isn't released quite yet. (comes in 4 days though, but it will likely be allowed in OU as well)

and ninja'd -.-

I'm pretty certain it isn't released yet, so if that was on a simulator it's a bug (I think, I could be wrong). If it was on Wi-Fi they hacked it in.

Currently all the new arrivals are OU except for the new Kyurem forms, which have been auto-banned to Ubers. None of the Pokemon that got new DW abilities have had their tierings change; that will be based on usage over the next couple months and council decisions should any of them come under suspect.
I asked on PO and it is confirmed to be released.
(04:10:30) Bossness: is custap berry released?
(04:10:42) Liquid Brick: yesh, it should be
(04:10:53) Bossness: when was it released?
(04:10:59) Liquid Brick: I think u can get it ingame too
(04:11:01) luv81: my fav berry
(04:11:06) Liquid Brick: that join avanue thing

This means that I will be able to use custap wobbuffet. I am using it right now in Wifi OU.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I asked on PO and it is confirmed to be released.
(04:10:30) Bossness: is custap berry released?
(04:10:42) Liquid Brick: yesh, it should be
(04:10:53) Bossness: when was it released?
(04:10:59) Liquid Brick: I think u can get it ingame too
(04:11:01) luv81: my fav berry
(04:11:06) Liquid Brick: that join avanue thing

This means that I will be able to use custap wobbuffet. I am using it right now in Wifi OU.
It's not in Join Avenue according to Serebii, and I can't find any reliable source that supports its release. So I have to go with it still being unreleased.

Is Weavile still good in OU? Why did Weavile fall from OU at first place?
Weavile is okay in OU, but you need to make sure that you aren't just using a worse Mamoswine (who is usually a better choice as a Dragon killer). He fell out of OU during the generation shift because A) Mamoswine got a stronger, reliable STAB in Icicle Crash B) Many common pokemon destroy it, such as Scizor, Heatran, and all the new Fighting types. C) Weavile isn't that strong, especially because of its low BP moves. D) Weavile is frail as hell and gets destroyed by priority.

Technician + Punishment?

Regarding the Technician ability, how does it interact with the Punishment attack? As it has a base power of 60 when the opponent has no boosts, does it:
a) Get the full 50% boost from the ability?
b) Does it power if the opponent has no boosts, but loses the increase as soon as the opponent gets at least 1 boost
c) Mot affect the move at all?

I totally believe this is important.

http://www.smogon.com/bw/moves/punishment

This just might be totally Persians ticket out of NU and into UBERS

Edit: After searching this thread, I have concluded this follows the same rules outlined about varying power moves covered earlier; is that right?

This just might be totally Persians ticket out of NU and into UBERS
That would never be possible
Edit: After searching this thread, I have concluded this follows the same rules outlined about varying power moves covered earlier; is that right?
Yes. If the effective base power of the move is raised above 60, Technician no longer applies. So in this case, if the opponent has any stat boosts, Technician will not activate

I'm currently breeding for a Bulky Machamp.

-Bulk Up
-DynamicPunch
-Payback
-Ice Punch

Breeding a Chimchar (M) with bulk up with a Machop (F) would give me a Bulky Machop
As for DynamicPunch, just getting level 51 should suffice.
Breeding Medicham (M) with a Bulky Machop (F) would give me Ice Punch...

But payback isn't a move within it's breeding pool, so I assume I am to use the TM? or does anyone know a way to get Payback on a Machamp?

-Bulk Up
-DynamicPunch
-Payback
-Ice Punch

Breeding a Chimchar (M) with bulk up with a Machop (F) would give me a Bulky Machop

But payback isn't a move within it's breeding pool, so I assume I am to use the TM? or does anyone know a way to get Payback on a Machamp?
Payback is a TM

voodoo pimp

marco pimp

-Bulk Up
-DynamicPunch
-Payback
-Ice Punch

Bulk Up and Payback are both TMs, so there's no reason to bother with breeding them (and Ice Punch is also a tutor, so technically none of those moves require breeding if you're doing it in 4th gen and/or have access to BW2).

I'm trying to save Bulk Up (since I'm in Pearl, and combusken is the only pokemon which learns the move naturally)

Where is the move tutor anyway? i finished the elites already.

What is the easiest way to get started building a competitive team?

I started with my favorite Pokemon (Machamp) and made supporters/walls to let it set up.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post my team here, but it's

BulkChamp
Paraflinch Togekiss
Dual Screen Espeon
-
-
-

Any ideas for the last three? lol :P

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I'm trying to save Bulk Up (since I'm in Pearl, and combusken is the only pokemon which learns the move naturally)

Where is the move tutor anyway? i finished the elites already.
Are you planning to transfer it to Gen 5? TMs are reusable there. And if you're in Pearl, there's no tutor, you'd have to trade it to Platinum (Route 212) or HG/SS (Battle Frontier).

No, I don't think I'll buy BW anytime soon. I'm probably sticking to Pearl until next year :P
Would a Machop with Attack IV 7-23 a decent one? I was trying to score a "perfect" machop with Adamant nature, but I can't seem to find an Adamant natured one. (nor a ralts)

I also have a question with breeding.

Out of the 17 Machops I caught. 3 have good stats

Chop1(M): 26/15/12/10/10/11
Chop2(F): 25/15/10/11/10/9
Chop3(M): 25/16/9/10/9/10

I was hoping to breed 3 with 2 to *hopefully* get an adamant machop with Attack Stat of 16+ . Would that be possible?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Honestly, none of those have very good stats. You may want to look into RNG or at least check out the Wi-Fi forum to see if someone might be willing to give you better parents (I have a male Machoke with 31/31/31/2/30/31 that I can teach all the moves you need, send me a VM/PM if you want it). And don't forget to make sure it has the right ability.

I would like to know what is RNG? Where can I get started? Links would be useful. I am particularly looking to RNG in Gen 5(Black 2). Can RNG be done in emulators?

RNG? whats that? I'm totally oblivious to pokemon training. I just learned about EV's and slowly grasping the concept of IV's.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RNG? whats that? I'm totally oblivious to pokemon training. I just learned about EV's and slowly grasping the concept of IV's.
RNG stands for Random Number Generator, as in the RNG thats built into your pokemon game to make things random. However, this system isnt completely random and can easily be predicted and abused to either breed or catch pokemon with desired IVs. It's essentially a way to legally obtain competitively viable pokemon wihtout cheating. There's a SQ/SA thread for it in the wi-fi forum if you want to learn more, there are also guides on site.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
RNG = Random Number Generator. But the DS can't generate truly random numbers, so it actually follows a complicated but predictable pattern based on an initial value which is also predictable. The main variable in determining that initial value is the time on your DS clock when you start the game, so if you start it at the right time you can get exactly what you want (IVs, nature, shininess, etc.). If you want to know how to do it, check out that link I posted in my previous response to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)