Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll need some friends, but here is a video showing a Pikachu being fed insane Pokeblocks, and the video description lists the recipes used.
Wow, awesome. Thanks.

EDIT: Any you can do in-game? None of my friend can be bothered to blend berries.
And without Japanese E-Reader berries.

Wow, awesome. Thanks.

EDIT: Any you can do in-game? None of my friend can be bothered to blend berries.
And without Japanese E-Reader berries.
Well, the card berries aren't Japan only, I have some, and I'm from Australia, the land that's gypped even more than Europe. I must be like the only Australian with an E-reader lol.

As for in-game, I think your best bet would be to wait for the Blend Master to show up, and use the pinch berries. From my experience, he uses a "Berry Master's wife" berry (you know the ones I mean) that matches the flavour of yours.

Either that or get better friends lol.

Anyone going to answer my question?

Well there is a glitch that allows you to see the nature of the manaphy before it hatches go check Arseus' guide on it.
Thanks, I had a look at that guide.

So does this work (I'm using AR egg code btw):

1. L+R while entering pokemart.
2. Save.
3. Take egg and hatch/check nature.
4. If it's the right nature with bad IVs, soft reset, get new egg, repeat.
5. If it's the wrong nature, repeat from step 1.

???

MegaMewtwo

The analysis has Return and Body Slam listed as other options. Maybe one of them?

Thanks, I had a look at that guide.

So does this work (I'm using AR egg code btw):

1. L+R while entering pokemart.
2. Save.
3. Take egg and hatch/check nature.
4. If it's the right nature with bad IVs, soft reset, get new egg, repeat.
5. If it's the wrong nature, repeat from step 1.

???

MegaMewtwo

The analysis has Return and Body Slam listed as other options. Maybe one of them?
That's what I did but my Manaphy was from Ranger directly but w/e.

MegaMewtwo

Okay, nearly done with the questions. I think I'll go with Return or use the D-E tutor in XD, is it good enough to use a once-only tutor move? Finally, which nature would be preferred? Lonely or Naughty?

Well, the card berries aren't Japan only, I have some, and I'm from Australia, the land that's gypped even more than Europe. I must be like the only Australian with an E-reader lol.

As for in-game, I think your best bet would be to wait for the Blend Master to show up, and use the pinch berries. From my experience, he uses a "Berry Master's wife" berry (you know the ones I mean) that matches the flavour of yours.

Either that or get better friends lol.

Anyone going to answer my question?
I had an E-reader too but sold it xD
My internal battery in Emerald is dead so I don't get the blend master (but the Battle Fronteir gambler always asks for Battle Pike which is good). I guess I'll just have to hope I do well in the other part of it xD.

Thanks Rider.

I don't know about using that once only tutor, I'm not sure what else would be good to use the tutor on so can't say really. I'd probably go Naughty, depends on what specific team you have in mind for it really.

Thanks Rider.

I don't know about using that once only tutor, I'm not sure what else would be good to use the tutor on so can't say really. I'd probably go Naughty, depends on what specific team you have in mind for it really.
I'm not really breeding it for a team, I just haven't had any ideas on what to breed, so I asked. So it seems to be decided:

Exploud
Naughty/Lonely (Naughty preferred?)
Surf
Ice Beam
ThunderPunch
Double-Edge/Return (D-E preferred?)

EV spread?

This good? I'll probably keep any good Adamant/Jolly or Modest/Timid spitbacks and see if I can make them useful.

I hope to breed an excellent Exploud. Thanks for the advice, everyone who gave me advice.

Related question: what is lost from each version of the games when the internal battery dies?
Quote from when I start up Emerald:

The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Berries don't grow and events do not happen (such as blend master or lilycove department store rooftop sales). The gambler in the Battle Frontier asks for the same thing every day.

The same happened in my copy of ruby, and you can sent it to Nintendo if you want the battery to replaced and you do not loose saved data, although I don't want to risk it with my copy of Emerald and the gambler benefit is good enough.

In Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal, you can no longer save your game or continue to play.

In FireRed, LeafGreen and R/B/Y do not have internal batteries.

Don't know about Diamond, but I reckon Day/Night will be pretty nerfed. The battery won't die for like 10 years though.

Megamewtwo, if you can afford the Battle points then you may want to give it Body Slam over Surf so people can choose between it and Double-edge.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Don't know about Diamond, but I reckon Day/Night will be pretty nerfed. The battery won't die for like 10 years though.
That's not my main concern; I believe it could pull day and night from the DS it is played on, but I'm more worried about not being able to Pal Park 10 years from now, when the GBA seems amusingly archaic to others.

Pretty much all you can do is SR if it's the wrong nature, or you could give it a few Rare Candies and see if you can get a decent approximation of its IVs. That's the problem with Ranger Manaphys, they hatch at Lv1, as opposed to event ones which come as a Lv50 Manaphy.

And a question of my own: After asking for ideas and advice, I've decided to breed a mixed Exploud. This was suggested:

exploud:
naughty/lonely (both defs are same, you choose)
surf
double edge
thunderpunch
ice beam

straight from smogon analysis for mixed exploud. 2 tms, 2 move tutor moves :P

As I asked before, is there anything that can replace Double-Edge? I don't like having to use once-only tutors. If it REALLY needs it, I could use the Double-Edge tutor in XD. Also, which nature would be preferred?
as i said before, return and hyper voice are decent options.

I'm not really breeding it for a team, I just haven't had any ideas on what to breed, so I asked. So it seems to be decided:

Exploud
Naughty/Lonely (Naughty preferred?)
Surf
Ice Beam
ThunderPunch
Double-Edge/Return (D-E preferred?)

EV spread?

This good? I'll probably keep any good Adamant/Jolly or Modest/Timid spitbacks and see if I can make them useful.

I hope to breed an excellent Exploud. Thanks for the advice, everyone who gave me advice.
either nature works, depends what you want to switch in on. with only one weakness, and macthing defences it doesnt matter too much.

also, adamant and modest spitbacks work fine as hes got a cool movepool, with STAB in both attack forms.

That's not my main concern; I believe it could pull day and night from the DS it is played on, but I'm more worried about not being able to Pal Park 10 years from now, when the GBA seems amusingly archaic to others.
Good point, didn't think of that. Hopefully it will just not limit you to 6 a-day (wishful thinking).

pokemonaholic.com said:
March 16/07
If you haven't heard already, here's the bad news concerning GOLD/SILVER & CRYSTAL Games just sent in by Matt: Apparently the internal batteries in the second generation games (Gold, Silver, Crystal) have died out around the world. Players turn the game on to find the continue option gone, and after trying to start again, their new save file erased. This is because the game is dependant on it's battery for the clock, save files, etc. What's worse: it's believed that first generation games, whose batteries have less to hold and store (I.e. no clock, fewer cities, Pokemon,) will be next. But there is some good news. Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald players may have experienced battery dying, but the game is stored on the chip for the GBA games, instead of the battery. Clock based events will cease, but not much more will happen. Even better, since Diamond and Pearl will be on a chip, there will be no battery whatsoever. But it will be hard to get over the years we spent playing RBYGSC, knowing that we can't go back. Fire Red and Leaf Green can take us back to Kanto, and there is a developer trying to privately program a computer version of Johto, so not all is lost.
Looks like the battery won't die after all then, because they are on a chip (according to this site)

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I've got an almost embarrassing question; What does RNG mean? ._.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
*delayed* Ridiculous negation of goodness, AKA the random number generator. A factor in the IVs of bred Pokemon, the determining factor of IVs on wild Pokemon, and important in probability for natures. To a lesser degree, a random number generator is used for the ball catch determiner.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
THanks, I've been seeing that Acronym for awhile and didn't know what it meant. :(

Good point, didn't think of that. Hopefully it will just not limit you to 6 a-day (wishful thinking).

Looks like the battery won't die after all then, because they are on a chip (according to this site)
The how would the game keep track of stuff like Berry Growth and Pal Parking? It can't use the clock, because changing the clock doesn't affect Berry growth. Unless there is something I don't know.
Technically, RNG is misleading to use. Very few computer programs use a true Random Number Generator. They use what is called a PRNG - pseudo random number generator. A number is taken to "seed" an algorithm that generates a list of random-looking numbers. The same seed will give the same set of numbers. Therefore, the more random the seed, the more random the number. Most PRNGs defaut the seed to the system time, which is about as random as you can get. However, I have heard that Emerald's PRNG uses other things for certain seed values, so the PRNG can be a bit more predictable (for good or for worse).

Does anyone know a third party product that allows you to back-up DP saves...
I'm sort of a paranoid person and recently I've been fearing my Pearl save will get deleted for some reason...

Does anyone know a third party product that allows you to back-up DP saves...
I'm sort of a paranoid person and recently I've been fearing my Pearl save will get deleted for some reason...
R4, M3 or any other flashcart. I myself don't know how to do it exactly but I know it involves a program called Sav Sender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)