Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, bit of a weird question. Is there an AR (or GameShark) code to make your character always wear their outfit from super contests? i don't even need the code itself; just wonderin'.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Okay, bit of a weird question. Is there an AR (or GameShark) code to make your character always wear their outfit from super contests? i don't even need the code itself; just wonderin'.
Not sure how this would be affected by the bicycle animation. But that tux is spiffy.

So uh a while back there was a lot of stuff going round about "Obi's Stall Team" - of what does that team consist? Would someone point me to a thread/explain it briefly?

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is just a curiosity but when Kingdra or Floatzel get a Swift Swim speed boost is this accounted for in the calculations of the base-power of Gyro Ball? Not that something like Bronzong should be staying in against Kingdra anyway but I was just curious.

been wondering this for a while, it says that the damage for Gyro Ball is capped at 150. Does this include Stab factor? Also, on a similar note, does anybody know exactly how many EVs are needed for Bronzong to OHKO 350 Speed Gengar with Gyro Ball?

I've been lurking for a while and people always mention maxed numbers for statistics (mostly speed), and I was wondering if there was a database, formula, or site that has these numbers. I'm making a team and need to know the speed tiers and all that fun stuff.

been wondering this for a while, it says that the damage for Gyro Ball is capped at 150. Does this include Stab factor? Also, on a similar note, does anybody know exactly how many EVs are needed for Bronzong to OHKO 350 Speed Gengar with Gyro Ball?
Answer should be on the last page I think. Somebody asked this same question.

Not that I know of.

What is better or an Infernape?
Punishment, SD, Nasty Plot, Shawdow Claw, U-Turn or W-O-W
If this infernape is choiced I suggest U-Turn. If it is a regular infernape Swords Dance and Nasty Plot will all be helpful. The rest of the moves are kind of useless imo.

Who are the strongest doubles trainers in the game and where are they located? Actually, the ones outside of caves...
I am pretty sure ingame it would be the trainers on the route to sunnyshore or the route to the garden. They will eventually get up to level 60-70 and give extremely high ammounts of money. Victory Road is also a good place to look but that is a cave. Once you get to the battle tower you will have double battles there at level 100 but you wont get expereince or money. Only battle points.

This is just a curiosity but when Kingdra or Floatzel get a Swift Swim speed boost is this accounted for in the calculations of the base-power of Gyro Ball? Not that something like Bronzong should be staying in against Kingdra anyway but I was just curious.
Yes. Just like how Ninjask passes speed boosts to pokemon and they will take max damage from gyro ball, pokemon that receive speed boosts under special conditions (rain) will factor that into gryo balls damage

Any idea when the wifi chat will be back up?
sorry no idea

I've been lurking for a while and people always mention maxed numbers for statistics (mostly speed), and I was wondering if there was a database, formula, or site that has these numbers. I'm making a team and need to know the speed tiers and all that fun stuff.
Most of these are on site.

This one is complete and i highly recommend it. It will give you the speed numbers you are most interested in:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23432

If you are like me, then you will be interested in the Ubers Speed Tiers. That is your best bet for uber play:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25842

Finally doctor sarenji gives us this ev applet that you might like. I assume you are interested in the first two though:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19760

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
If an oposing Dusknoir uses imprison, is my Dusknoir unable to use its imprison?

I would believe so. If your 2 dusknoir sets had imprison and three other same moves the one who imprisons first would force the other to struggle.

I'm looking for a physical sweeper to replace Hitmonchan in my OU team. It can be any sweeper really, but I want it to be able to kill of Sub CM mismagius, and still have a chance beating Gliscor.

Any ideas...?

beat gliscor and sub cm maggy? physical sweeper eh?

I would say Infernape with HP Ice is your best bet.

Swords Dance
Fire Punch
Hidden Power Ice
Close Combat

I am fairly certain it will combat maggy for you with the higher speed, fire punch breaks through a sub and a SD Fire Punch should kill. HP Ice will kill gliscor with enough evs invested.

There is always Weavile who has night slash, Ice Punch, and Pursuit. However Calm Mind + HP Fighting will defeat him from maggy so try to kill it early.

What do you mean? What Ivs should you shoot for? What kind of build you want for it?

Definitely make it a Nasty Plot Sweeper. Who want high spA, high spe, and hopefully good other stats to make sure it gets a good hp fighting.

Prepare for a lot fo reseting though as a Naive Azelf with good spA and Spe + Hp fighting will be hard to find.

The set I imagine

Azelf @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
EVS: 16 HP / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic/Fire Blast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)