Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of my friends use veekun.com to look stuff up, even though it's wrong half the time, and they're very stubborn so I want to confirm a few things:

1. Pluck: Does it or does it not do double damage if the target is holding a berry?
2. Metal Burst: 1.5x or 2x damage?
3. Smogon is always right, right?

Due to the semi-recent changes in UU, would the speed EVs for an Adamant Choice Scarf Scyther need to be changed from 176 to something higher in order to outspeed the fastest UU pokemon and common scarfers (or at least as many as possible)?

Fastest thing Scyther will have to worry about is ScarfPrimeape. Which is the reason I assume those are the recomended Ev's. As 176 Speed EVs Adamant Nature Scyther sits at 435 and Adamant Max Speed Primeape sits at 433.

Ninetails, Jumpluff, Aerodactyl, Persian, Rapidash, Scyther, Swellow, and Frosslass are all very common UU pokes however the chances of seeing them Scarfed is slim. The 2 would you would have to be weary of is Scyther and Ninetails... Scyther more than anything but Scarf Scythers are generally leads..

I am having trouble logging into the smogon shoddy server. I don't have any issues logging into any other servers or detecting the existence of the smogon server, but I cannot get past the screen that prompts me for my username and password. The program just seems to not respond to my clicking "log on". I've tried multiple nicknames from different computers (same IP though). I don't think that I'm banned; does anyone know what my issue is?

does outrage prevent you from switching out in game? it does on shoddy but in game i think it doesnt
On shoddy you can't switch until the outrage ends, and in-game you can switch out after a opponents pokemon has been killed IF you have the "switch" option on in the options menu

he meas you can switch out if you are outraging if you are fighting the pokemon league or any onther ingame trainer
in a player vs player battle you can't switch untill you get confused

I'm new to shoddy battle, and how do you find out where your team is ranked on Shoddy, and other things like info about Pokemon used?

I'm new to shoddy battle, and how do you find out where your team is ranked on Shoddy, and other things like info about Pokemon used?
If you are in the top 50 (unlikely since you say you are new) you can see your ranking here (click the heading of the ladder you're playing on) and if not type /record <yourname> in the chat and it will show you your rating.

To get stats on which pokes are used (and lots more) then look here (a bit out of date at present) and in the sticky at the top of this board.

I have a question regarding Game Mechanics and Pokesav...

1.) How can you tell if an unchained shiny is legit? I'm asking because a shiny cresselia that I got from another site looks legit, but pAC said it was not legit, based on the fact that its shiny and unchained.
2.) On the right side of the pokesav, it gives a multitude of hidden numbers - 41h, 42h, 43h, etc - what are these hidden hex values referring to?

I know that hacking is not really to be brought up, but its not a question of "do you accept hacks", but rather a game mechanics question.

1.) How can you tell if an unchained shiny is legit? I'm asking because a shiny cresselia that I got from another site looks legit, but pAC said it was not legit, based on the fact that its shiny and unchained.
Have you tried using legit.exe, it seems to be more accurate than pAC these days.

That said you have a 1 in 8132 chance of getting a shiny so an unchained one with decent stats and a good natures is almost certainly hacked.

I have a question regarding Game Mechanics and Pokesav...

2.) On the right side of the pokesav, it gives a multitude of hidden numbers - 41h, 42h, 43h, etc - what are these hidden hex values referring to?

I know that hacking is not really to be brought up, but its not a question of "do you accept hacks", but rather a game mechanics question.
1) pAC can check both chained and non chained shinies so if it tells you that it isn't legit then it isn't. It runs a different test for both because they are generated differently, non chained shinies are no different that any wild pokemon and pAC is capable of detecting both.

2) I'm pretty sure that this is not the right place to ask about pokesav. Go to the pokesav forum or something.

Double posting because editing crashes my browser...

I found this on pokesav.org
Hidden Value: The only thing to worry about here is the box next to 85h. Set this byte according to how the Pokemon was obtained:
00 - Egg/Pal Park/Event
02 - Tall Grass
04 - Dialga/Palkia
05 - Cave/Hall of Origin
07 - Caught in the Water
09 - Caught in Buildings
0A - Great Marsh/Safari Zone
0C - Starters/Fossils

I have never seen legit.exe - thank you.

I'll get it working by tonight - its giving me some problems (damn vista).

So then all boxes should be 0, except for that one? ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)