Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured as much, but what does the MoP stand for?
He's Aeroblacktyl on these forums...

I am having dificulties on cloning... are all versions of diamond capable or am I just uncapable? (...or did GTS got fixed? tips anyone?)
If you want to clone large amounts of pokemon it is easier, and safer, to invest in an AR. Just so you know.

To clarify his name was Master of Pokemon, and then he changed his name to areoblacktyl. If you didn't already notice Master of Pokemon makes the phrase "MoP".

Could someone with Wifi check to see if the GTS is up and running? I have to bike to the library and last time I did it was down. Can someone check really quick and save me a potential 20 minute trip?

EDIT- Never mind. I just remembered it's labor day >_>

Just have a few questions about Explosion and Self Destruct. I know these moves cut defense, but as it was originally explained to me, this was because 250 BP was too much for the damage calculator or something. If this is the case, then how does the defense reduction work in doubles and with a Reflect up? For example, in a double battle, spread moves have only 75% of their original power and Reflect would cut it to 2/3, so and Explosion would only have about 50% of its original power when faced with these things (and, unless I'm misunderstanding things, only has 126 BP, which is less than, say, Overheat's 140 BP, and that doesn't cut Sp. Def or anything). So, when Explosion or Self-Destruct's power is cut like this, does it still halve the defense of the defender?
Asking once more, as I didn't get a response.

Which moves on what pokemon?

Also, If I send an English pokemon with no nickname to a Japanese game and evolve it, will it name be in Japanese? Like If I trade a Haunter, when it evolves will the name change to ゲンガー, Stay Haunter, or change to Gengar?

Also, If I send an English pokemon with no nickname to a Japanese game and evolve it, will it name be in Japanese? Like If I trade a Haunter, when it evolves will the name change to ゲンガー, Stay Haunter, or change to Gengar?
I'm not completely sure, but I do know that when I evolved some japanese pokemon that I received over GTS, their names changed to english. I think there's a good chance that it'll change to japanese.

Asking once more, as I didn't get a response.
you'd want to take a look at the damage formula, the two moves just cut the defense stat used in the calculation in half, everything else goes as they should, the spread reduction is in another part of the calculation as is the reduction from the screens.

Although I'd still have to ask, is a Pokemon that is unaffected, or protected counted in the spread damage calculation? like if you use Explosion, and your teammate is Dusknoir and both of your opponents are faster, would they be hit with reduced damage (well the second one considering the fastest one would definately take reduced due to its partner being there, but if it falls, would the second to be hit Pokemon take the full hit?), what if the partner were Gengar or rather just a faster Ghost-type, would all other Pokemon take reduced because Gengar didn't get KO'd or would (if your opponent's fastest Pokemon faints to Explosion) the last Pokemon hit take full or reduced, and how would it work with Flash Fire and Heatwave, same with Protect/Detect... rather than immune

how many of the possible 445 to catch could i get IF

1. i just have either Diamond or Pearl but not the other
2. I dont have any 3rd Gen games so no Pal Park or Elekid or Magby or whatever that requires a specific game pak to be inside
3. I dont want to spend forever trying for Feebas and Milotic(maybe GTS?) but lets just leave GTS out of this and all the pokemon that are avaliable in game

so basically none of the Kanto/Johto/Hoenn Starters, K/J/H Legendaries(including that damn Celebi)
also not the Turtwig or Piplup Evolution Line, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus

Im focusing on getting all of the available pokemon first then get the rest later by GTS or getting Alakazam and Gengar and the gang by trading with some people in-person

how many of the possible 445 to catch could i get IF

1. i just have either Diamond or Pearl but not the other
2. I dont have any 3rd Gen games so no Pal Park or Elekid or Magby or whatever that requires a specific game pak to be inside
3. I dont want to spend forever trying for Feebas and Milotic(maybe GTS?) but lets just leave GTS out of this and all the pokemon that are avaliable in game

so basically none of the Kanto/Johto/Hoenn Starters, K/J/H Legendaries(including that damn Celebi)
also not the Turtwig or Piplup Evolution Line, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus

Im focusing on getting all of the available pokemon first then get the rest later by GTS or getting Alakazam and Gengar and the gang by trading with some people in-person
I'm not positive on an exact number, but you should be able to get an accurate estimate by looking at the following pages:
http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/unobtainables.shtml
http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/exclusives.shtml

So, I'm resetting for a timid Cresselia. I was told that if I get a pokemon with the desired nature, the ability synchronise, attach it with an everstone and have it first in my party when I meet the pokemon I'm resetting for, they'll be a 50% chance that the pokemon will have that same nature. Is this correct?

Just asking because I've done this around 6 times now and still haven't got a timid Cress. Could just be horrible luck, I guess.

Can I please have a list of clauses in the battle tower?
Species and Item Clause. Also, all the current ubers, minus (Wobbuffett and Lati@s) Celebi, Jirachi, and Shaymin are banned. Soul Dew doesn't work on Lati@s.

So, I'm resetting for a timid Cresselia. I was told that if I get a pokemon with the desired nature, the ability synchronise, attach it with an everstone and have it first in my party when I meet the pokemon I'm resetting for, they'll be a 50% chance that the pokemon will have that same nature. Is this correct?
I don't think you need the everstone, but that's right.

The syncronizer trick doesn't work for runners like Cresselia or Mesprit, also the everstone is used to pass the nature when breeding it isn't needed for legends.

Just asking because I've done this around 6 times now and still haven't got a timid Cress. Could just be horrible luck, I guess.
you don't need the Everstone, the Everstone is for breeding, and I'm not sure if you can Synch runners, but if you can, you have to talk to them with the Syncher, once they're out their nature and IVs are set,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)