Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
quick questions

1. in building an uber team, is only one wall good enough?
i used to have lugia and giratina to wall both physical and special threats, but someone told me to drop on and i stuck with lugia
what benefits does lugia have over giratina?

2. also in regards to uber, i have a mew baton passing nasty plots and my two main special sweepers are latios and mewtwo, who both carry calm mind so they can boost themselves in the event that mew dies
is that a good idea?

and 3. in terms OU, and i guess BL, at what times does Celebi's energy Ball hit harder than Grass knot?

im running a calm mind celebi and its annoying when the opposition is an azel or something like that and grass knot is basically useless

IIRC there was a button combo that let you soft reset on Colosseum...I've tried a bunch and none of them work. Is there such a combo?
I don't know for sure about Colosseum, but in XD, you can press Start+B+X to reset the game. You have to hold them for maybe three seconds though, it isn't an instantaneous reset like in the GBA games.

Yeah, I tried Start+B+X a bunch with Colo and it didn't work. :( Thanks anyway, I'll keep that in mind if I reset XD anytime soon.

EDIT: @Syberia: Ok, trying it out.

2nd EDIT: Nope.

Yeah there is, it's the Wi-fi subforum inside Stark. Make sure to read its rules before making a thread or you won't be received very well.

quick questions

1. in building an uber team, is only one wall good enough?
i used to have lugia and giratina to wall both physical and special threats, but someone told me to drop on and i stuck with lugia
what benefits does lugia have over giratina?
Phazing and Roost usually, but Giratina makes a better Resttalker. I never liked Lugia anyway due to the SR Weakness.

2. also in regards to uber, i have a mew baton passing nasty plots and my two main special sweepers are latios and mewtwo, who both carry calm mind so they can boost themselves in the event that mew dies
is that a good idea?I've never tried this, but It definately seems viable, but I'd use Latias as the reciever due to it's higher defences.

and 3. in terms OU, and i guess BL, at what times does Celebi's energy Ball hit harder than Grass knot? Grass Knot is better 90% of the time.

im running a calm mind celebi and its annoying when the opposition is an azel or something like that and grass knot is basically useless
Azelf knows Flamethrower? Keeping it in against Azelf is not the best option.

The chances of obtaing Honey from Combee increases as its level increases right? If so, is there a formula for how it works?

EDIT: Just came to me. Could it's level correspond to the % of picking up Honey? eg. Lv23 Combee with 23% chance and Lv100 Combee with 100% chance...?

Question about Porygon-z. When I evolve it from Porygon2, if my P2 had the ability Download would PZ always have it too, and thus if P2 had Trace then PZ would definitely have Adaptability? Or is it just a 50% chance of each after evolution [this would really suck]? Thanks.

Question about Porygon-z. When I evolve it from Porygon2, if my P2 had the ability Download would PZ always have it too, and thus if P2 had Trace then PZ would definitely have Adaptability? Or is it just a 50% chance of each after evolution [this would really suck]? Thanks.
If Porygon2 came from DP, then Download -> Download and Trace -> Adaptability.

If it's from Advance, it could get either ability as a Porygon-Z.

Say, if a legit charmander learned Fire Punch using AR, will it still be legit?
Thanks.
I think it would, unless you make it appear otherwise. Such as if Fire Punch was an egg move, and the Chamander was in a Great Ball.

I have a strange question. If Gravity is in affect, will Gengar absorb Toxic Spikes upon switching in?

Malfunction

nice desu ne
The charmander is bred, and fire punch is a tutor move.
Also Metanite, gengar is NOT affected with normal poison to start with, how can it be affected with toxic spikes?

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Poison pokemon destroy toxic spikes when they switch in, and as Gengar has Levitate. I think he does whit Gravity active.

If the Charmander was bred in D/P, with an Emerald Tutor move than it isn't "legit". But it doesn't affect gameplay so I suppose you can use it battle, just don't trade it.

Thank you LightWolf!!

I have two questions. One is from me, and one is from my friend who is too lazy to get an account here. =/

1. My question:
Has anyone actually tried using Ditto competitively, and had some success, even if it's just minor?
I'd think it would be pretty cool to win with that thing. You'd just have to know when to use it, and on what Pokemon. The lack of people using it would be an advantage since they might not think at the time what to do, and screw up.

2. My friend's question:
When using the Fast Hatch codes for AR, does it affect the legitimacy of the Pokemon at all?
(He's not asking for the codes. He's asking what it does to the Pokemon, if anything)
He wants me to use them when I'm trying to hatch all my eggs to make it go faster but no way I'm doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)