Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Bold Deoxys with a Defense IV of 14 and Sp.Def IV of 13 (yeah I know bad). I'm giving it 252 HP EVs, the rest is going into the defensive stats, how do i split the rest to get both defense and sp.def as equal as possible?

Regarding the box glitch where you can find out the nature of the egg. Does anyone know of the mechanics, I'd guess I'd call it, for this. Because I checking a heracross and I clearly saw the word swarm, which baffled me. For normal pokemon it does not show abilities in that set of information. So I'm wondering if there's a time to see the ability before hatching (if this is already known, I never knew). It was a Lax heracross if anyone cared.

if you highlight a pokemon, it shows held item, type, nature, ability in that order.
if you switch just as one changes into the other, you'll see the next one in line, for the egg pokemon. so if you changed box just as nature was turnin into ability, it'd show the ability of the egg pokemon, wheras you'd have to do it as type was changing into nature to see that.

I have a Bold Deoxys with a Defense IV of 14 and Sp.Def IV of 13 (yeah I know bad). I'm giving it 252 HP EVs, the rest is going into the defensive stats, how do i split the rest to get both defense and sp.def as equal as possible?
My calculations say 60 Def and 196 SpD should give it equal defenses. (@ 374 each)

Are there any good tips to make SRing Suicune in Colosseum not such a pain in the ass? It really sucks because there's no Master Ball at this point. :(

1) Whats the quickest way to IV check without using WiFi/multiple DS's? Rare Candies, or some other hidden, mysterious method?

2) If it is Rare Candies, what is the quickest way to get such wonderful treats? The Pickup Ability? Some shop I am not thinking about?

1) Whats the quickest way to IV check without using WiFi/multiple DS's? Rare Candies, or some other hidden, mysterious method?

2) If it is Rare Candies, what is the quickest way to get such wonderful treats? The Pickup Ability? Some shop I am not thinking about?
1) If you don't want to use an IV battle then the quickest way is using tons of rare candies and an IV calculator like Metalkid's.
2) If you don't have an AR then you will have to use pickup, train a team of pickupers and let them get the items for you. Rare candies are not sold in-game but if you have pokemon Emerald then you can clone items quickly there and palpark them when needed.

Alright, thats pretty much what I thought, but just wanted to make sure before I went through the rounds. Thank you! :)

I'm GTS fishing for Jirachi and I've received a few Jirachi's from completely different people all received at level 20 in the Mining Museum. WTF's with this?

I'm trying to get some Black Sludge, which I know is only found on wild Croagunk/Toxicroak in the Great Marsh. My question is this. Will having a CompoundEyes Pokemon in the first slot affect the likelihood of the Sludge's appearance? Or no, since you don't use your Pokemon in the Marsh?

What is the glitch to evolve pokemon like Haunter and Kadabra over the GTS? And after using that glitch is the pokemon still legal?
I think if it is a glitch it isn't legit, but it is more opinion wether it is legal or not. I would just trade with a friend over wifi if I were you.

What is the glitch to evolve pokemon like Haunter and Kadabra over the GTS? And after using that glitch is the pokemon still legal?
This shows you how to do it: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=222950

Your pokemon is still perfectly legal after using the glitch as is the case with using the gts cloning glitch.

I'm GTS fishing for Jirachi and I've received a few Jirachi's from completely different people all received at level 20 in the Mining Museum. WTF's with this?
They are hacks. Pokesav has an option that allows you to recieve a pokemon as an event triggered in the game as if it was a fossil pokemon you revive (like how you get aerodactyl in Oreburgh). Once you create the code with pokesav and activate it you can go to the mining museum to pick up the custom made poke at lv. 20 from the fossil scientist dude.

I'm trying to get some Black Sludge, which I know is only found on wild Croagunk/Toxicroak in the Great Marsh. My question is this. Will having a CompoundEyes Pokemon in the first slot affect the likelihood of the Sludge's appearance? Or no, since you don't use your Pokemon in the Marsh?
I'm pretty sure that compound eyes still works because I got black sludges in the great marsh in that way without capturing too many croagounks.

no it should have a effect i think since you can use Repel and such

Rare candies are not sold in-game but if you have pokemon Emerald then you can clone items quickly there and palpark them when needed.
Actually they are. Rare Candies are a Battle Tower prize....48 BP each though lol.

Pickup is the best way to get Rare Candies without any means of cloning. I've gotten around 50 so far.

Just have a few questions about Explosion and Self Destruct. I know these moves cut defense, but as it was originally explained to me, this was because 250 BP was too much for the damage calculator or something. If this is the case, then how does the defense reduction work in doubles and with a Reflect up? For example, in a double battle, spread moves have only 75% of their original power and Reflect would cut it to 2/3, so and Explosion would only have about 50% of its original power when faced with these things (and, unless I'm misunderstanding things, only has 126 BP, which is less than, say, Overheat's 140 BP, and that doesn't cut Sp. Def or anything). So, when Explosion or Self-Destruct's power is cut like this, does it still halve the defense of the defender?

Venusaur can come in on some of the major physical offensive threats of the metagame like Gyarados, Electivire, and Medicham along with special stars like Raikou, Zapdos, Jolteon, and Suicune and foil any chance at a sweep.
I played against a Venusaur and killed it with two unboosted Ice Fangs off of a BulkyDos. Why, I ask, could it come in on Gyara? Unless the Venusaur wasn't EV'd.

Are there any good tips to make SRing Suicune in Colosseum not such a pain in the ass? It really sucks because there's no Master Ball at this point. :(
Two words: Net Ball. Works very well, I don't think I've ever had to use more than ten Net Balls before Suicune stayed in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)