Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yache berry may work, just remember that mence is more than often revenged by scizor cb-bullet punch, so consider leftovers as an option.
Well if I run enough Defence to keep BP damage down to a minimum, then it shouldn't be a problem. Fire Fang and enough HP (200 EVs) to let it live a Bullet Punch and 25% SR Damage should allow it to deal with it, shouldn't it?

haunter

Banned deucer.
It stealth rock worth having a a double battle with four pokemon for each trainer?
It could be useful to break focus sashes at least. But that really depends on your opponet's pokemon and strategy and on your own strategy, of course.

Well if I run enough Defence to keep BP damage down to a minimum, then it shouldn't be a problem. Fire Fang and enough HP (200 EVs) to let it live a Bullet Punch and 25% SR Damage should allow it to deal with it, shouldn't it?
Assuming that he did not take any prior damage it should be ok.

What is the easiest way to get rare candies?
Battling wild pokemons with a team made of pokemons with the "pick up" ability and of high level.

It could be useful to break focus sashes at least. But that really depends on your opponet's pokemon and strategy and on your own strategy, of course.

Okay, while that does sound good, another one of my trategies is the use of sandstorm, which will take care of most pokemon with a sash after the first round. And if it gets changed by rain dance or something, I can set it up again pretty easily. So basically, I'm not worried about sashes. Still think I should use it?

I have never played doubles, but it seems to me that stealth rock would be relatively useless to you. There are probably going to only be two switch-ins on by the opponent, compared to standard with at least six switch-ins. You would probably be better off not using sr in doubles, especially with sandstorm.

@Piratemetaltroy: You can use the pickup strategy Haunterfan mentioned (your pokemon only have to be level 41), or if you have emerald, you can clone the rare candies fairly easily. There is also the gts cloning glitch in d/p/pt which is fairly unreliable (or so I've heard), or using an AR to get the candies.

Has anyone tried Gliscor as a physical Infernape counter, and if so, can they lemme know how well (or not well) that worked? (Hopefully this question is simple enough for a quick answer here, and apologies in advance if it has already been asked and answered before.)

haunter

Banned deucer.
Has anyone tried Gliscor as a physical Infernape counter, and if so, can they lemme know how well (or not well) that worked? (Hopefully this question is simple enough for a quick answer here, and apologies in advance if it has already been asked and answered before.)
I've never tryed it, but Gliscor could be a decent counter only for physical scarf-ape. Consider that a jolly +2 life orb flare blitz does 76.55% - 90.11% to max hp\max def positive gliscor, which means a possible ohko with stealth rock on the field.

I've never tryed it, but Gliscor could be a decent counter only for physical scarf-ape. Consider that a jolly +2 life orb flare blitz does 76.55% - 90.11% to max hp\max def positive gliscor
What about a neutral Attack nature (or even +Attack nature) Choice Band Flare Blitz? +2 from Swords Dance = Attack * 2, but Choice Band = Attack * 1.5. Even with an extra * 1.1 from a +Attack nature, the Choice Band boost would still be lower than a neutral-nature Swords Dance boost, and CB would also remove the Life Orb boost. Would that make it safe enough for (Max HP/Max Def) Gliscor to come in for at least one Earthquake, even with Stealth Rock?

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What about a neutral Attack nature (or even +Attack nature) Choice Band Flare Blitz? +2 from Swords Dance = Attack * 2, but Choice Band = Attack * 1.5. Even with an extra * 1.1 from a +Attack nature, the Choice Band boost would still be lower than a neutral-nature Swords Dance boost, and CB would also remove the Life Orb boost. Would that make it safe enough for (Max HP/Max Def) Gliscor to come in for at least one Earthquake, even with Stealth Rock?
Adamant Choice Band Flare Blitz from Infernape on max HP/max+ Defence Gliscor: 47 - 56%

A guaranteed 2HKO with Stealth Rock. But if you switch in without taking any other damage, you should KO Infernape.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Interesting thing happened on Shoddy recently.

bug maniac bob switched in Tangrowth (lvl 100 Tangrowth ♂).
Pointed stones dug into Tangrowth.
Tangrowth lost 12% of its health.
Hariyama used Substitute.
Hariyama lost 25% of its health.
Hariyama made a substitute!
Tangrowth used Power Whip.
The substitute took damage for Hariyama!
Hariyama's substitute faded!
Hariyama's leftovers restored its health a little!
Hariyama restored 6% of its health.

Hariyama used Ice Punch.
It's super effective!
Tangrowth lost 30% of its health.
Tangrowth used Power Whip.
Hariyama lost 35% of its health.

Tangrowth used Synthesis.
Tangrowth restored 50% of its health.
Hariyama used Ice Punch.
It's super effective!
Tangrowth lost 28% of its health.
Why did my Tangrowth's Synthesis go before Hariyama on the last turn?

Should I make this team? Based off of the Shadow Pokemon Lovrina used in XD...
Roserade
Gorebyss
Altaria
Delcatty
Gardevoir
Far'fetched

There's also Luvdisc/ Beautifly/Milotic/ Blissey/ Mismagius/ Shuckle/ Wobuffet/ Meganium...

What should I use? Leaning toward UU...

There used to be a forum posting where people would suggest good builds for different kinds of Pokemon. It's been a long time since I've visited this site, but I knew there was a lot of good help there in that for raising the mon's. Could somebody provide me with a link to the forum or thread that was designated to this cause?

edit: Nix my last question. I found it, you guys just moved it from the forums to a primary page. Thanks anyways = )

New Question. If a person has a choice band, and the ability is disabled, throught he move... disable... does that mean they struggle, or are they granted the ability to use thier other moves?

If parents only pass 3 IVs max to the baby, how do you breed Pokémon with more than three flawless IVs?
you get lucky. what you do is get parents as close to flawless as possible without being a finnal, then you make those two breed and give yourself the highest chance of getting 3 31s passed, then you wait till you get lucky and get other random 31s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)