Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know when the natures are set for the legendary birds in platinum? Are they set from the start, or when you first encounter them?

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is it really worth getting platinum over diamond? (I don't have either, but diamond is cheaper)
It depends on what you want, Platinum has extra features and is considered a better game but of course diamond has been out for much longer and is therefore cheaper. If it's about price-diamond, if it's about a better game choose platinum

Is it really worth getting platinum over diamond? (I don't have either, but diamond is cheaper)
there's a shitload of extra content in Platinum, including a lot of mons you can't get in D/P.

i don't have it yet, but i'll be buying it this week.

And don't forget there are also MoveTutors, learning your PKMN new Attacks/Moveset that they couldn't learn normally in Diamond and Pearl.
I think, you should buy Platinum, if you don't have D/P.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
I think Ice Punch is a better option, though if you want to kill Rotom formes easier, then Night Slash is your way to go. It really depends on what you want Weavilo to kill.

In platinum, whats a fast way to get shards for move tutors without hacking? Like how do players who willingly tutor pokemon do it?

Hey=D

I just have a few questions about competitive battling and It would be awesome for some help. Thanks in advance.

1- How important are IV's? Like, if I dont have 25-31 IVs in most of my important stats is it going to cost me games? How many of you actually spend hours upon hours of extra time trying to get full IVs?

2- How frowned upon is hacking? I really want to battle online and I can spend the time breeding for natures and ev training but IVs require insane amounts of time...

3- I have no way of getting a Jirachi, so I had someone hack one for me (with legit stats and moves) How frowned upon is it when people do this? Shouldn't it be ok as long as the stats are legit since it's VERY hard to get these pokes let alone get them with the nature you want.

4- How frowned upon are "hax items" or item clauses (using only 1 type of item per team)

thanks for your answers :D

In platinum, whats a fast way to get shards for move tutors without hacking? Like how do players who willingly tutor pokemon do it?
Apparently, Mr. Fuego (the guy at the end of the Fuego Ironworks) gives you one shard of each color in exchange for one Star Piece.
Hopefully you haven't sold all of yours already.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
^ Gyarados is generally better.

@bunnephante:
1. They are important, because missing a 2HKO or OHKO or taking more damage in reutrn can cost you games. You usually try just going for 31s in the stats that are most important, though.

2. If you battle around here, you have to tell your opponent you're using "legal hacks".

3. You shouldn't ask for hacks. Go to the Wi-Fi forum and ask for Tangerine's Jirachi, which people are supposed to give you for free. I don't have AR, so I can't go and clone you one myself, sorry D:

4. Both are very discouraged.

In game, any nature will do. If it's meant to be competitive, Adamant is the preferred nature. Jolly works well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)