Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I catch a wild Pokémon or hatch it from an egg, how many berries do I need to give it to make it like me enough for 102 BP Return?

Flare blitz is a level-up move for growlithe, just don't evolve it until level 48. For thunder fang, go to the move tutor (i mean the move relearner, in pastoria city) and use a heart scale when you have already evolved your growlithe.
ah sweet. thanks. i looked everywhere to find out how to get thunder fang but the googles did not help me, lol. arcanine learns extreme speed at lvl 39 and growlithe learns flare blitz at 48. does that mean i have to breed him again? cause that would suck cause it's a shiny growlithe =/

haunter

Banned deucer.
ah sweet. thanks. i looked everywhere to find out how to get thunder fang but the googles did not help me, lol. arcanine learns extreme speed at lvl 39 and growlithe learns flare blitz at 48. does that mean i have to breed him again? cause that would suck cause it's a shiny growlithe =/
No you don't. Use another heart scale to the move reminder when you evolve growlithe.

Thanks for the fast response.

I have decided to attempt to breed a Drifloon with a Calm nature, and hope the bred IV's are good ones. I will also ask any thing further about individual Pokemon in the thread you linked me.

But when calculating the the last level stats of a Pokemon, does +10% nature also affect EV's? Like for example, let's say I have a base stat of 100 attack. I have a nature that adds 10% to that attack. But I have also added 50 attack points worth of EV's into it. So what is the outcome? Is it B + 50 + 10%? (Making it 165.) Or is it B + 10% + 50? (Making it 160.)

Sorry if that could have been easily looked up, but I need to know.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Hello! I'm wondering how is it possible to have the ability Magic Guard and the move Softboiled on the same Clefable?
Breed clefairy in emerald and teach it softboiled, then pal park it and hope it evolves into a magic guard clefable. You have a 50% chance that it changes ability upon evolving.

Hello! I'm wondering how is it possible to have the ability Magic Guard and the move Softboiled on the same Clefable?
I was wondering the same thing until recently. Here's how. You have to have a Clefairy with a PID with the ability number (1 or 2) for Magic Guard, which I think is ability two. Teach it Softboiled in <insert Third Gen Game>. Then transfer it up to D/P/Ptt, and evolve it. It should have its ability change to be Magic Guard.

Of course, this is a gamble unless you do a PID check on the bugger.

I was wondering the same thing until recently. Here's how. You have to have a Clefairy with a PID with the ability number (1 or 2) for Magic Guard, which I think is ability two. Teach it Softboiled in <insert Third Gen Game>. Then transfer it up to D/P/Ptt, and evolve it. It should have its ability change to be Magic Guard.

Of course, this is a gamble unless you do a PID check on the bugger.
Ah, thank you very much! I feel somewhat n00bish asking this, but what's a "PID"? And how would I go about checking it? Anyway, thanks so much.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Ah, thank you very much! I feel somewhat n00bish asking this, but what's a "PID"? And how would I go about checking it? Anyway, thanks so much.
You could find this article interesting.

If U-Turn is used on Shedinja, what happens? On shoddy, you still switch out, but is this how it works in-game?
In-game you simply can't hit shedinja with U-turn. It displays the classic message "shedinja avoided the attack with wonder guard" (or something like that - I don't know how to translate the message properly from my italian cartridge).

At the end of the article:

During the effect, evasion modifiers for all Pokémon on the field are lowered by two
So under normal circumstances the evasion multiplier is 3/3, while under gravity it's 5/3. The analysis assumes you know the base multiplier and how the stages affect it.

It doesn't specifically say 60% goes to 100% because that makes it appear that everything lower isn't affected.

I think with bred Pokémon, you can't check the PID without an external device (i.e. cheat cartridge). You'll have to clone it, migrate a copy, and trade it to somebody who has access to one, so they can check it for you. It's much easier just to clone it, evolve it on D/P, and if it gets Magic Guard, teach it Softboiled (since both clones will get the same ability). Otherwise, keep breeding.

If a pokémon previously UU (such as Milotic) goes to OU by virtue of usage, is it still usable in UU? I'd say yes since it has not proven to be broken, but...

@StarmanXL: It affects both. In the case of Machamp, its attacks are all 100% accurate against the opponent, and the opponent's attacks are 100% accurate against Machamp. Not too sure about how it works in Double Battles, though

If a pokémon previously UU (such as Milotic) goes to OU by virtue of usage, is it still usable in UU? I'd say yes since it has not proven to be broken, but...
No. OU pokemon are not allowed in UU. If the new OU pokemon (in your example, Milotic) drops from OU again, it will be allowed in UU once more.

How come whenever i try to upload a battle to the GTS Terminal from my V.S. Recorder it always says 'There appears to be a problem with your pokemon. The data was not sent'. Can someone help me with this?

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If I am ev training a level 1 pokemon with pokerus and a boosting item, and switch out, do I still get all the points?

Probably a dumb question, but will counter/mirror coat function properly if I'm using them while behind a sub?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)