Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 18 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it true that you can run from Giratina in Platinum and face him later on in Turnback Cave?

I want to continue with the game and not SR for him right now.
Yes it's true. >_> Or maybe you have to defeat it, I'm not sure.

gabriel said:
Since it's a pretty commom pokemon, I think it's better asking here than posting a new thread on wi-fi section.

What's negator's latios' OT and ID?
Try here instead.

on the Breeding perfect HP article. for ice do you need to do speed first or can you get SpA and SpD on then put Sp on?

Fortegoddx, order doesn't matter, so long as the final offspring satisfy the requirements for HP Ice (The even-odd type stuff. Can't remember HP Ice off the top of my head atm).

When using Weavile as an anti-lead, since fake out will always cause the opponent to flinch on the first move, why doesn't one always use fake out first regardless of what pokemon Weavile is battling? For instance, the strategy for an anti-lead Weavile against azelf or aerodactyl is to first use fake out to make them flinch and then a different move to finish them. However, against bulkier, slower leads like bronzong, the strategy changes to taunt and counter so they can't set up stealth rock. However, why doesn't weavile just use fake out first and then taunt and counter? Is it because counter will OHKO them so fake out is unnecessary or why? Because it seems that if there is any chance of the opponent pokemon not being OHKO'd by counter, it would be wise to first use fake out to ensure some damage so they will definitely be OHKO'd.

bulkier leads like bronzong aren't going to be holding focus sash. fake out can ensure a free turn against pokemon without inner focus, but is also used to break the sashes of frail lead pokemon like aerodactyl.

I think his point is that it's a no risk option to Fake Out, which is true for the situation he described. in OU Bronzong, etc, are unlikely to switch out against Weavile so IMO you might as well Fake Out for some LOL% free damage. it's different in UU though with Ambipom because Fake Out can give [Steelix/Registeel/Regirock] a free switch-in (especially against frailer leads that are more apt to switch out).

Fake out is not risk free as it can give a relatively free switch-in to lots of pokemon. Imagine if Scizor/Heatran switches in as you fake-out their bronzong...

I know this has been asked alot, but can anyone find my SID using pokesav please?
Is it true that you can't use the different rotom forms on wifi?
If you'd both read the original post:
  • No, we don't know what your SID is. Ask in WiFi forums "Simple Questions / Simple Requests" or something.
  • The Rotom-formes are not currently usable over wifi, only local wireless (link battles).

Could I get some good UU Priority users? My team looks a tad Yanmega weak. I already have Honchkrow, so I don't want Arcanine or Houndoom (more SR weaks).

haunter

Banned deucer.
Could I get some good UU Priority users? My team looks a tad Yanmega weak. I already have Honchkrow, so I don't want Arcanine or Houndoom (more SR weaks).
Azumariil and Kabutops both have access to aqua jet. Though they both can't switch directly into Yanmega.

Schyter has quick attack and technician (though it has the same Yanmega's crappy 4x SR weakness).

Muk, Banette, Spiritomb have shadow sneak.

Lapras gets ice shard and avalanche.

Why doesn't dragonite get extremespeed? Seems strange. I'd use him if he had it.

What would be a good EV Spread and moveset on Rotom-H for countering CB Scizor, SD Scizor and Mamoswine? I've been running 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD Calm but that was designed for dual screen.

On the analasis it says Linoone can learn extreme speed, but I dont see that on serebii. Can anyone tell me how he learns it?

I personally run 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA Bold for H-Rotom. Overheat will annihilate both of those pokemon unless they are carrying Occa berry, but only Scizor bothers to carry it rarely. You could also use Will-o-wisp instead of Overheat, make it learn Discharge, Rest, and Sleep Talk to make a formidable annoyer.

@ Ice-Master: Linoone gets ExtremeSpeed as an event move from the Gamecube 'game' Pokemon Box. I believe Expert Evan has one if you're interested in trading for it.

I personally run 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA Bold for H-Rotom. Overheat will annihilate both of those pokemon unless they are carrying Occa berry, but only Scizor bothers to carry it rarely. You could also use Will-o-wisp instead of Overheat, make it learn Discharge, Rest, and Sleep Talk to make a formidable annoyer.

@ Ice-Master: Linoone gets ExtremeSpeed as an event move from the Gamecube 'game' Pokemon Box. I believe Expert Evan has one if you're interested in trading for it.
Not trading for one...Just breeding NU's cuz im bored. Thanks though.

I don't have platinum yet, and I'm wondering if a Scizor from D/P transferred to Platinum can learn Bullet Punch from the guy who restores forgotten moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)