Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 18 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I KO Giratina in the Distortion World, will he have the same nature/IVs/etc in Turnback Cave or will his stats reset?

(I tried searching for it, either my search string sucks or it hasn't really been asked anywhere...)

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
If I KO Giratina in the Distortion World, will he have the same nature/IVs/etc in Turnback Cave or will his stats reset?

(I tried searching for it, either my search string sucks or it hasn't really been asked anywhere...)
Reset, so you can SR in front of it all you want later.

People say the running lati@s and the dogs have the same really bad ivs what are they? like straight 5s or something?
also if you kill giratina in the distortion world you can face him again in turnback cave?

Yes, you can. I also hate to ask this follow-up question since the question's already been answered, but are you sure? Was there testing done? So if I fight the Turnback Cave Giratina, it'll have different IVs and Nature every time I reset in front of it? (I apologize, I'm terrible at wording questions and that previous question came off as a bit awkward on a second read, so I just want to be 100% sure).

Yes, you can. I also hate to ask this follow-up question since the question's already been answered, but are you sure? Was there testing done? So if I fight the Turnback Cave Giratina, it'll have different IVs and Nature every time I reset in front of it? (I apologize, I'm terrible at wording questions and that previous question came off as a bit awkward on a second read, so I just want to be 100% sure).
Yes, we're quite sure.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry about the bad wording, but yes, I'm sure. Feel free to kill it in the Distortion World.

Yeah thanks a bunch, and I was referring to my own question with the awkward wording.

People say the running lati@s and the dogs have the same really bad ivs what are they? like straight 5s or something?
I'm pretty sure it has stuff to do with how their IVs are generated way before you'll even encounter them.

What's a good trap setter?
Do you mean entry hazards? that depends on which ones you want.
Stealth rock is on the majority of teams, and the one setting it up usually varies from team to team. Skarmory, Hippowdon, Swampert, Heatran etc are good at getting SR up.

Spikes and Toxic Spikes are far less common, but if you plan on using them, Skarmory and Foretress are your best bets.

@Pkmn1000: I believe that one of them is a relatively random number, one is below 15 or something, and the rest are all zeros. Not usable :(

@ Arc Tech: I don't have platinum, but are you sure scizor can learn bullet punch from the move relearner? I thought he got it from a tutor...

@Veedrock: Techmontop?

@Alpha/Omega: He actually used to have it in Crystal, but not anymore. Take it up with gamefreak.

I'm curious...I see the trade threads in the WiFi section and some of the pokemon there are like, Quadruple and Quintuple flawless IVs. I want to know how do people breed these? Since I've just started IV breeding, I'm right now just trying for Double-Flawless...But someday I want to be able to do that...Is there like a video I could watch or something?

do the power items boost the EV +4 after every battle with the specific poikemon or is it every time the EV gets boosted (by vitamins or something)

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
are clans allowed here?
What do you mean "allowed"? If you mean make a thread to recruit people for a clan, no. If you want to put something in your signature like "member of clan whatever" and you recruit friends of yours (don't PM spam to get people to join), no one will stop you.

do the power items boost the EV +4 after every battle with the specific poikemon or is it every time the EV gets boosted (by vitamins or something)
If you KO a Pokemon, no matter hwat it is, you get +4 in the specified stat. So the power item for attack would give you +4 attack and +1 speed if you beat a magikarp.

Pokerus still doubles this effect. So if a power item (attack) Pokemon beats a Magikarp you get +2 Speed and +8 Attack EVs.

In Amity Square (Platinum), how do I get the pokeballs that are on inaccessable cliffs?
Go into some of those strange hut things, and in each of the cardinal directions besides south (the entrance you walked in) will be a weird teleporter that teleports you to other huts in the area. It's pretty weird. XD

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
In Amity Square (Platinum), how do I get the pokeballs that are on inaccessable cliffs?
I don't know exactly what they're called but there's a puzzle with the buildings there you have to go through them in certain directions to reach the items.

EDIT: Got beaten to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)