Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 18 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The suspect test is for Shoddy, and any changes to the tiers that result from it will carry over to wifi.
I know it's for Shoddy, but I'm asking about balance really. For an example, it is mentioned in the sticky topic that Manaphy is not seen as often due to Skymin. If Manaphy is dumped into OU because of this, there is obviously no Skymin to check him. How would the Smogon community account for this when building their tiers?

If Manaphy was so powerful that the only way to beat it was by using Skymin, then it would have a good chance of being uber. There's a lot of ways to take out Manaphy, Skymin just happens to be a good one that's used a lot anyway.

haunter

Banned deucer.
I know it's for Shoddy, but I'm asking about balance really. For an example, it is mentioned in the sticky topic that Manaphy is not seen as often due to Skymin. If Manaphy is dumped into OU because of this, there is obviously no Skymin to check him. How would the Smogon community account for this when building their tiers?
I'm sure that if Manaphy will be moved to OU, it won't be only because of Skymin, which, by the way, can only revenge kill Manaphy considering that an ice beam on the switch in will OHKO it. Manaphy has many potential checks and Latias is one of these. And however, looking at the results of the Manaphy vote, there wasn't a very large consensus on it being uber, so chances are that its tiering will be changed at the end of stage 3.

Is there guide or tips anywhere for making Smeargle learn moves. Can it be done via wireless or wi-fi? Or do I just have to be really lucky to get the right move?

haunter

Banned deucer.
Is there guide or tips anywhere for making Smeargle learn moves. Can it be done via wireless or wi-fi? Or do I just have to be really lucky to get the right move?
The easier way to sketch moves with Smeargle is sketching your partner's moves in a double battle. And no, you can't sketch via wifi.

If I'm starting with relatively decent (15-31 in every stat) IV wild Pokemon and breeding them to derive better IVs, replacing the originals when I receive better IV'd offspring, approximately how many breedings should it take to get 25+ IVs in every stat? I see these people giving out Pokemon with 31s across the board, and that just seems impossible. How does this happen, and how patient do I need to be?

If I'm starting with relatively decent (15-31 in every stat) IV wild Pokemon and breeding them to derive better IVs, replacing the originals when I receive better IV'd offspring, approximately how many breedings should it take to get 25+ IVs in every stat? I see these people giving out Pokemon with 31s across the board, and that just seems impossible. How does this happen, and how patient do I need to be?
I couldn't give you a number of breeds off the top of my head. However, you can use a breeding simulator to generate the odds of an outcome happening, giving you an idea of how many eggs you'll need to reach your goals based on your parents.

And those 31/31/31/31/31/31 pokemon? Those are people (including me) who are capable of manipulating Pokemon's random number generator to make awesome Pokemon. A handful of those are just some really obsessed breeders doing it the honest way.

I only have 1 DS - if I want to transfer a pre-made team from my Pearl to Platinum (which I am considering soon buying) to play in-game with, is there a way to do that with a single DS? If so, how?

I only have 1 DS - if I want to transfer a pre-made team from my Pearl to Platinum (which I am considering soon buying) to play in-game with, is there a way to do that with a single DS? If so, how?
Outside of hacking devices, the only way I can think of doing it is by using Wifi with someone you trust. Unfortunately, this isn't using 1 DS in the truest sense, but it will have to do.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
How can I connect to the main server on NBS via advanced(Server name or IP address)?

What are the best IVs for HP Ice (timid) Shaymin (not Skymin)

I've been trying to fiddle around with it but can't seem to get it.

Ok, recently I learned that Hypnosis has gone back to 60 accuracy. If I am battling against someone with Platinum, and I'm using Pearl, and I use Hypnosis, will the accuracy be 70 because it's from Pearl, or 60 because it's used against a pokemon in Platinum. I guess what I'm asking is, does Platinum trump DP in terms of this change? Also, are there any other accuracy or power changes in Platinum I should be aware of?

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Ok, recently I learned that Hypnosis has gone back to 60 accuracy. If I am battling against someone with Platinum, and I'm using Pearl, and I use Hypnosis, will the accuracy be 70 because it's from Pearl, or 60 because it's used against a pokemon in Platinum. I guess what I'm asking is, does Platinum trump DP in terms of this change? Also, are there any other accuracy or power changes in Platinum I should be aware of?
iirc if Platinum and Diamond/Pearl are battling the Hypnosis should have 60% accuracy. I don't think any other moves had an accuracy change though.

Does anyone here wanna trade a pokémon with Stealth Rock ??
I wasted my TM trading the pokémon that learned it accidentally, and i need it to figure out the guys who learn SR as an egg move.
I will return it a few minutes after my Smeargle sketches the SR.

I wasted my TM trading the pokémon that learned it accidentally, and i need it to figure out the guys who learn SR as an egg move. I will return it a few minutes after my Smeargle sketches the SR.
Nothing learns Stealth Rock as an Egg Move, but they can if their father knows it, and they can by TM.

And if the point of your question is to ask for a trade, then go to the Wi-Fi Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)