Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 18 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't figure out how to post Warstories on the forums. I have one written in War Machine, but I can't get it out of the formatter. Anyone know what to do?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Question 1: Easily.

Question 2: Speed: The fisherman west of Eterna with 6 Magikarps. Your four Exp.Shares will make them worth almost no experience, so there's absolutely no need to worry about levelling too much there.

Sp.Atk: Old Chateau's Gastlies. Also Haunters and Gengars there with a GBA game in your DS.

Attack: That one's a pain. Best place I know is fishing anywhere you find Gyarados and Seaking with the Super Rod. If anyone knows a better spot, I'm all ears.

Then again, I use Power items and Pokerus when EVing. The hardest part of your idea would be that you'd be fighting OVER 500 Pokemon. I'm not sure you'd be able to do that in a sane amount of time.

Why aren't you using vitamins? Too expensive?
thank you very much. Your reply was very helpful. I appreciate it!

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Does anybody know of a good stat calculator so I could see what my pokes stats will be at L50?

I'm trying to decide wether to speed EV train it or if just scarfing it would be fine...

I wanted to ask you guys what 2 moves you would recommend for my garchomp. He's ev trained in attack and speed, adamant nature. Item he will be holding i still haven't decided yet, leaning towards focus sash. The 2 moves I will definitely use (unless someone very very persuasive changes my mind) are earthquake and outrage. The last 2 moves I am undecided about. The moves im looking at are:

Fire Fang
Stone Edge
Aerial Ace
Swords Dance
Crunch
Aqua Tail
Shadow Claw

I don't know, all the above look like viable options to me. For some reason I am leaning towards Fire Fang and Stone Edge, but I just don't know. So I am asking you, pokemon pros :P please help me decide?

Does anybody know of a good stat calculator so I could see what my pokes stats will be at L50?

I'm trying to decide wether to speed EV train it or if just scarfing it would be fine...
Before EV training it, find out whether its IVs are even or odd. When giving EVs to a stat where the IV is even, make sure the EV amount is a multiple of 8 (8, 16, 24, etc.) . When giving EVs to a stat where the IV is odd, give an EV amount that is a multiple of 4 but not a multiple of 8 (4, 12, 20, etc.). That way you don't waste EVs on stats because of the fact that your Pokemon will be at Lv.50.

Can Absol be played as an UU Weavile (with enough speed EV's)? I'm planning on making a team, and it consist of only UU pokés, except for weavile. I'm planning to make an equivalent of Weavile, but UU, so I can play in the UU metagame with my team.
Personally, I would say so (especially with Super Luck). But you might want some other opinions from "better" people.

What's the suggested IV Calculator? I need to know before I make a trade thread.
on my platnium i have a Game event shaymin and have been to get the flower so he can be skymin but it wont have any effect/he wont hold it and explinations ( my guess would be Us cart)
It doesn't work at night or when Shaymin is frozen. Try earlier in the day (or change your DS clock) and see if it works now.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Before EV training it, find out whether its IVs are even or odd. When giving EVs to a stat where the IV is even, make sure the EV amount is a multiple of 8 (8, 16, 24, etc.) . When giving EVs to a stat where the IV is odd, give an EV amount that is a multiple of 4 but not a multiple of 8 (4, 12, 20, etc.). That way you don't waste EVs on stats because of the fact that your Pokemon will be at Lv.50.
0_o

huh...

It has 31 in speed that's all I care about cuz I'm RUUUUUUUUUUUUUSHING it! ;P

could you maybe explain by mesaging me though? I'd like to understand why for later (after Nashville) when I do this poke right.

I wanted to ask you guys what 2 moves you would recommend for my garchomp. He's ev trained in attack and speed, adamant nature. Item he will be holding i still haven't decided yet, leaning towards focus sash. The 2 moves I will definitely use (unless someone very very persuasive changes my mind) are earthquake and outrage. The last 2 moves I am undecided about. The moves im looking at are:

Fire Fang
Stone Edge
Aerial Ace
Swords Dance
Crunch
Aqua Tail
Shadow Claw

I don't know, all the above look like viable options to me. For some reason I am leaning towards Fire Fang and Stone Edge, but I just don't know. So I am asking you, pokemon pros :P please help me decide?
From previous experience I would say Swords Dance and Substitute *I know, its not on the list* because Garchomp will cause switches, letting you get a free SD and/or a free hit on their Weavile for example. If there is an enemy Hippowdon or Tyranitar... bonus lol.

I hate to post this question for a fourth time, but I really need an answer:

How do post a Warstory from a formatter? I just cannot figure out how.

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
In a double battle, if a Pokemon uses Earthquake and all the target Pokemon avoid it (due to typing or Levitate) except one, does that one Pokemon receive 100% or 75% of the Earthquake's power?

In a double battle, if a Pokemon uses Earthquake and all the target Pokemon avoid it (due to typing or Levitate) except one, does that one Pokemon receive 100% or 75% of the Earthquake's power?
When an attack hits more than one pokemon in a doubles battle it hits all pokemon with the same base power and in conjunction with that pokemons offensive stat.

If one pokemon is immune to an attack that hits more than one poke it does not affect in anyway the damage done to the other pokemon the move will hit. Their defensive stats and Hp + weakness and resistance is the only thing beyond the attackers stats that affect damage dealt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An easier way to explain it probably:

Pretend all pokemon are hit with the same Earthquake from pokemon A. If pokemon B is immune to Earthquake it does not in anyway affect what it does to pokemon C.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I hate to post this question for a fourth time, but I really need an answer:

How do post a Warstory from a formatter? I just cannot figure out how.
Copy it. Come to the forums, click "New Thread", then paste it. Add comments and pictures and you're done!

is there anyway to get an absol with both superluck and counter as a move at the same time? cause I think it keeps pressure as an ability upon migration :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)