Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 18 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Platinum Battle Tower is it always level 50s? I can't seem to get any sort of level 100 battles.
Still wondering. Haven't had time to mess around trying to figure this out on my own.

Battle Factory has 50s and 100s, so it seems odd that the Tower doesn't.

Wait, if the Magnemite is NOT pal parked? I updated my question (the Emerald bit) I presume it makes a difference then? I'm confused :x
It won't change.

That only applies to Pokemon that had one ability in 3rd gen, but now have two in 4th.

Still wondering. Haven't had time to mess around trying to figure this out on my own.

Battle Factory has 50s and 100s, so it seems odd that the Tower doesn't.
If you're not given a choice between level 50 and open level, then it's only level 50.

How do people go about to breed their epic Pokemon. What I mean is do they just breed until they find a good one or do they do something else, I know this is a stupid question but I am thinking about trying this out.

How do people go about to breed their epic Pokemon. What I mean is do they just breed until they find a good one or do they do something else, I know this is a stupid question but I am thinking about trying this out.
They keep breeding a certain pokemon until they get the nature and IV's they want.

What did the vitamins like Protein, Carbos, etc. do for you in GSC? Because there was no EV system then, but looking at the descriptions it says it boosts Attack, Speed, etc.

Depends what you mean by epic.

Are you referring to pokemon with 31 Attack and 31 Speed IVs (which are "epic" wrt some random caught-in-the-wild pokemon) or something with five 31 IVs (which are "epic" wrt the previous?)

If the former, does that mean you want breeding tips to get something, anything working? ('Cause the later really is "just keep breeding ideal parents until you get something epic.")

Reptilia: I've bred a couple of really good ones - but let me tell you - there is no quick way to get them. (Besides AR/Pokesav of course). It took me about 3 months to get a 31/31/26/x/31/31 - and that was tough. It takes time and patience, nothing more - nothing less.

Okay, so the Magnet Pull ability will remain on Magnemite and its evolutions no matter what generation I transer it? Now, I'm sure many of you are aware of soft resetting, can I save in front of a Magnemite egg for Naure and ability?

i.e. I see that the man has an egg. I go up to him, save the game, talk to him, hatch it, see that it has a good nature and the magnet pull ability, but it has bad IV's. If I reset, it will keep the nature and the IV's will change. Will the ability remain constant like the nature? Or will it change like the Iv's do?

is it possible to get a poke between 30-31 in a stat if it has the right characteristics but wrong nature? Example. "Alert To sounds" but has a "Relaxed" nature?

that's not the case in diamond. i used to run LO scizor and KO'd the opponent, he died and I lived.
If shoddy counts and it isn't a glitch, I think I won a battle with final pokemon explosion once. Only time I tried it.

Against a hail team, what is the correct response to a mamoswine? I thought bullet punch was the way to go, but that leaves an opening for stallrein to set up, at which point I'm screwed because I don't have a taunt on my team.

Reptilia: I've bred a couple of really good ones - but let me tell you - there is no quick way to get them. (Besides AR/Pokesav of course). It took me about 3 months to get a 31/31/26/x/31/31 - and that was tough. It takes time and patience, nothing more - nothing less.

Okay, so the Magnet Pull ability will remain on Magnemite and its evolutions no matter what generation I transer it? Now, I'm sure many of you are aware of soft resetting, can I save in front of a Magnemite egg for Naure and ability?

i.e. I see that the man has an egg. I go up to him, save the game, talk to him, hatch it, see that it has a good nature and the magnet pull ability, but it has bad IV's. If I reset, it will keep the nature and the IV's will change. Will the ability remain constant like the nature? Or will it change like the Iv's do?
Ability, nature, and gender are set when the egg is created, IV's are created after you take the egg from him. So no, you can't SR for a different ability. You would need to save in front of a new egg and try again.
is it possible to get a poke between 30-31 in a stat if it has the right characteristics but wrong nature? Example. "Alert To sounds" but has a "Relaxed" nature?
Nature has absolutely no relation to the IVs. For bred Pokemon, you can get any IV combination with any nature.

There's always RNG abuse, which there's details about in the Wifi section.

Taking 3 months for a spread like that is pretty bad without RNG abuse or cheating anyway.

Against a hail team, what is the correct response to a mamoswine? I thought bullet punch was the way to go, but that leaves an opening for stallrein to set up, at which point I'm screwed because I don't have a taunt on my team.
Depends on the attacker. I'm going to assume Scizor, go for Superpower/Brick Break. Mamo and Walrein are both weak to fighting. Pretty much anything with Bullet Punch (Metagross aside) has access to a fighting move pretty sure. (Metagross can have Fire Punch though, I believe.) Mamo isn't going to kill Scizor in one hit.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
on a moveset that has only 1 attacking move, body slam, would scrappy or thick fat be better on miltank?

IF I go with thick fat it will improve tanking abilities, but leave me defenseless against ghosts.

If i go with scrappy i can nail ghosts, but still walled against steels and rocks

When breeding Blissey, will the result be a Happiny or Chansey? Is something required to hatch a Happiny?
Luck Incense is needed to produce Happiny.

If i go with scrappy i can nail ghosts, but still walled against steels and rocks
Well Steels and Rocks will wall you anyways, so that shouldn't even be considered when debating which ability. I would go with Scrappy, you can at least hit rocks and steels even for NVE damage while ghosts just ruin your day.

on a moveset that has only 1 attacking move, body slam, would scrappy or thick fat be better on miltank?

IF I go with thick fat it will improve tanking abilities, but leave me defenseless against ghosts.

They will wall you either way, so the tanking ability is preferred in a pokemon such as Miltank.

By only having one attacking move in your moveset, I believe that it is pretty obvious that you would like for Miltank to act as a utility / set-up / tank for your team. With this being said, I believe that you should go with Thick Fat because it allows Miltank to live up to its best defensive capabilities. However, if you would like for it to act as a cleric, I would suggest Scrappy.

Just want to confirm something. So, today I just got 14 Clefairy rounds at the game corner and then went to the lady at the counter, but she didn't give me an explosion TM! She just asked her usual "would you like to exchange some coins"...

Now, I look back at the description at the wall, and it says, "Shoot for 10! Line up those bonus rounds! If you accomplish the feat of completing 10 uninterrupted bonus rounds, please go to the counter. You will be presented with a fabulous prize! The current record sits at 18 straight bonus rounds!" (I got 18 rounds a couple months ago and got an Explosion TM from that one already.)

So, my question is, does this mean I have to BEAT 18 rounds in order to get another explosion TM? Or... is it possible at all... since I just got over 10 again but didn't get anything for it (in which case the description is certainly misleading...).

Just want to confirm something. So, today I just got 14 Clefairy rounds at the game corner and then went to the lady at the counter, but she didn't give me an explosion TM! She just asked her usual "would you like to exchange some coins"...

Now, I look back at the description at the wall, and it says, "Shoot for 10! Line up those bonus rounds! If you accomplish the feat of completing 10 uninterrupted bonus rounds, please go to the counter. You will be presented with a fabulous prize! The current record sits at 18 straight bonus rounds!" (I got 18 rounds a couple months ago and got an Explosion TM from that one already.)

So, my question is, does this mean I have to BEAT 18 rounds in order to get another explosion TM? Or... is it possible at all... since I just got over 10 again but didn't get anything for it (in which case the description is certainly misleading...).
As far as I know, Explosion is a one-off. I think I heard somewhere that it changed in Platinum, but if it did, you'd have to beat your old record. My record is 16, and there was no prize for managing a streak less than that but more than ten.

It's either beat your old record or a once-only TM.

When you use the lead electrode screech + explosion combo, when you use screech, the opponent can simply switch in to something to a ghost, er to something with high defences...

How can this strategy be effective then?

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When you use the lead electrode screech + explosion combo, when you use screech, the opponent can simply switch in to something to a ghost, er to something with high defences...

How can this strategy be effective then?
Uh, this can happen without you using screech. Anyway, you'd need to use prediction, e.g double screeching to scout for a ghost, or explosion counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)