Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 20 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another note, is it possible to RNG-abuse in Ruby/Sapphire/LeafGreen/FireRed? I also have an Emerald version, so if it's easier on that, tell me.
You can't RNG abuse in R/S/FR/LG, only on Emerald and 4th Gen games.

i wanted to raise a adamant natured dragonite but use choice scarf as an item and wanted to know the amount of speed ev's i would have to invest to get past jolly natured 100 base pokemon.
How many Speed EVs does the Jolly Natured Base 100 have, or what item does it have?

It wasn't just bad, it was ass.

I don't see why Smogoners think that "ass" is an adjective.

i wanted to raise a adamant natured dragonite but use choice scarf as an item and wanted to know the amount of speed ev's i would have to invest to get past jolly natured 100 base pokemon.
Jolly natured 100 base speed: 328 (max)

Dragonite's speed of 220 w/Choice Scarf produces 330 speed

Example:

Dragonite @ Choice Scarf
Inner Focus
Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
EVs: 160 HP/252 Atk/96 Speed
Stats: 363 HP,403 Atk, 226 Def, 212 SAtk, 236 SDef, 220 Spe
(Considering the IVs are all 31)
-Outrage
-Aqua Tail
-Fire Punch
-Super Power

Go with the EV spread for maximum attack and as much bulkiness Dragonite can get. The HP should get an odd number to take less percentage damage from Stealth Rock. You can alter the move set, as the above are just examples.

Enjoy.

2 questions:
1. Are the 3 legendary birds' IVs and natures determined the moment I speak to Prof. Oak?
2. Does depositing a Pokemon make it lose happiness?

Thanks.

2 questions:
1. Are the 3 legendary birds' IVs and natures determined the moment I speak to Prof. Oak?
2. Does depositing a Pokemon make it lose happiness?

Thanks.
1. Yes. You will have to save before talking to Professor Oak in order to RNG abuse the birds.
2. No. However, a Pokemon gains happiness the longer you keep it in your party.

1. Yes. You will have to save before talking to Professor Oak in order to RNG abuse the birds.
2. No. However, a Pokemon gains happiness the longer you keep it in your party.
Thanks. I asked number 2 merely because I have return as one of the moves on my Linoone: )

I'm trying to get the Explosion TM and have a few questions:

1. Is it totally random when the Clefairy will actually come out of its Poké Ball, or do you have to do well?
2. Are the Ditto-Clefairy and shiny Clefairy different than the regular one?
3. Once Clefairy's out, do the Bonus Rounds start once you get one big payoff?
4. There is still some degree of randomness as to how long Clefairy will stay out, even if you obey its directions perfectly and wait for the red moons to pass, right?
5. Once you get to the 10th round, I hear that you can't just push START to end it or you won't get the TM... how do you end it properly? Do you have to "disobey" Clefairy and end the Bonus Rounds before you can push START to quit and get your TM?

Thanks!

I'm trying to get the Explosion TM and have a few questions:

1. Is it totally random when the Clefairy will actually come out of its Poké Ball, or do you have to do well?
2. Are the Ditto-Clefairy and shiny Clefairy different than the regular one?
3. Once Clefairy's out, do the Bonus Rounds start once you get one big payoff?
4. There is still some degree of randomness as to how long Clefairy will stay out, even if you obey its directions perfectly and wait for the red moons to pass, right?
5. Once you get to the 10th round, I hear that you can't just push START to end it or you won't get the TM... how do you end it properly? Do you have to "disobey" Clefairy and end the Bonus Rounds before you can push START to quit and get your TM?

Thanks!
1. Random. It's best you aim for Ultra Ball or Safari Ball as they are more likely to have Shiny Clefairy.
2. Ditto-Clefairy low chance (4+), Normal Clefairy medium chance (6+), Shiny Clefairy high chance (8+). These are just guestimations.
3. Getting the big payoffs three 7's or G's will start it.
4. Even if you do well, there's a chance the Clefairy will return sooner than expected. Do not follow its directions during the red moons and hope you get some white ones during your chains.
5. You just have keep playing until it returns. Once I reached 10 chains, I just randomly pressed the buttons. I should've followed red moons instead of random pressing, though. Lasted me til chain 15.

1. Random. It's best you aim for Ultra Ball or Safari Ball as they are more likely to have Shiny Clefairy.
2. Ditto-Clefairy low chance (4+), Normal Clefairy medium chance (6+), Shiny Clefairy high chance (8+). These are just guestimations.
3. Getting the big payoffs three 7's or G's will start it.
4. Even if you do well, there's a chance the Clefairy will return sooner than expected. Do not follow its directions during the red moons and hope you get some white ones during your chains.
5. You just have keep playing until it returns. Once I reached 10 chains, I just randomly pressed the buttons. I should've followed red moons instead of random pressing, though. Lasted me til chain 15.
Thanks! Yeah, I've been at this off and on lately and have only made it past 5 once, and that was to 7, and I'm either completely or almost completely perfect (avoiding red moons too, of course) the whole time. I guess I'm just unlucky...

On the red moons, am I supposed to just wait a few seconds for the moon to go back to white before pressing any buttons, or am I supposed to actually press the wrong buttons 3 times?

Okay, a real simple question that need just a simple answer/explanation.

In a double battle, does Reflect/Light Screen halve the damages from your ally's Earthquake/Surf? Like if my Suicune used Surf and the Light Screen is on my side, would my Salamence take lesser damage from Surf with Light Screen?

Jolly natured 100 base speed: 328 (max)

Dragonite's speed of 220 w/Choice Scarf produces 330 speed

Example:

Dragonite @ Choice Scarf
Inner Focus
Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
EVs: 160 HP/252 Atk/96 Speed
Stats: 363 HP,403 Atk, 226 Def, 212 SAtk, 236 SDef, 220 Spe
(Considering the IVs are all 31)
-Outrage
-Aqua Tail
-Fire Punch
-Super Power

Go with the EV spread for maximum attack and as much bulkiness Dragonite can get. The HP should get an odd number to take less percentage damage from Stealth Rock. You can alter the move set, as the above are just examples.

Enjoy.
thanks!!

Thanks! Yeah, I've been at this off and on lately and have only made it past 5 once, and that was to 7, and I'm either completely or almost completely perfect (avoiding red moons too, of course) the whole time. I guess I'm just unlucky...

On the red moons, am I supposed to just wait a few seconds for the moon to go back to white before pressing any buttons, or am I supposed to actually press the wrong buttons 3 times?
You're meant to press the wrong buttons on red moons. But luck's involved too, sometimes the Clefairies are jerks.

hey can anyone help me with a move set
i need a ev/moveset for a kingdra with rain dane but it HAS to out speed scarfed jirachi in the rain i want it to be specially based but still be able to take out blissey i was thinking something like rain dance/outrage/draco meteor/hydro pump or something thanks!

I wonder if the DS clock matters in how to generate a Seed in Emerald(differences to in D/P/Pt), I´ve got my SID, but I want to softreset for Beldum...

A few questions:

1. What does it mean, exactly, to go up or down a stage from a stat increasing/decreasing move? If swords dance is used on a pokemon with low attack IV/EV/Base Attck and it gains 2 stages of attack, is that equivalent to adding 100 attack to that pokemon, or less? Would a pokemon with higher base attack gain more attack power?

2. Are quick claws broken in PBR? I just played someone who had a whole quick claw team (doubles, 4v4) where it went off 9 times in an 11 turn match. He had all slow pokemon, so it feels like he was intentionally or knowingly abusing some sort of glitch. The chance to proc is 10% right? I mean, there were like 5 turns where quick claw went off on one pokemon, that's like a 1/100,000 chance of just that happening... nevermind it happened on other pokemon and easily more than 5 times overall.

3. Is there any evidence to conclude that the RNG for any pokemon game is anything but random? I realize that there's no such thing as a "RNG" in computer terms (a RNG has to be based off of something, an algorithm or an equation using a value like time/position) and I know of RNG abuse for getting pokemon with specific qualities, but the RNG I want to know more about it the battle RNG. It feels like a lot of the time, the game purposely orchestrates my key moves to miss or fail whenever I'm doing too well, when statistically they should work (one time I was goofing off with my friend, I double teamed 6 times with my shuckle and then flashed his last pokemon 6 times – yet he was still able to land a OHKO crit on him).

4. While I'm on the subject, what rules do lowering/raising evasiveness follow? Does flash lower accuracy by 10% per application? Is it possible for a move to be lowered to 0 accuracy? At what point do double team / flash become useless (before the obvious 6 use mark). How many sweet scents would you need to guarantee a horn drill?

A few questions:

1. What does it mean, exactly, to go up or down a stage from a stat increasing/decreasing move? If swords dance is used on a pokemon with low attack IV/EV/Base Attck and it gains 2 stages of attack, is that equivalent to adding 100 attack to that pokemon, or less? Would a pokemon with higher base attack gain more attack power?

2. Are quick claws broken in PBR? I just played someone who had a whole quick claw team (doubles, 4v4) where it went off 9 times in an 11 turn match. He had all slow pokemon, so it feels like he was intentionally or knowingly abusing some sort of glitch. The chance to proc is 10% right? I mean, there were like 5 turns where quick claw went off on one pokemon, that's like a 1/100,000 chance of just that happening... nevermind it happened on other pokemon and easily more than 5 times overall.

3. Is there any evidence to conclude that the RNG for any pokemon game is anything but random? I realize that there's no such thing as a "RNG" in computer terms (a RNG has to be based off of something, an algorithm or an equation using a value like time/position) and I know of RNG abuse for getting pokemon with specific qualities, but the RNG I want to know more about it the battle RNG. It feels like a lot of the time, the game purposely orchestrates my key moves to miss or fail whenever I'm doing too well, when statistically they should work (one time I was goofing off with my friend, I double teamed 6 times with my shuckle and then flashed his last pokemon 6 times – yet he was still able to land a OHKO crit on him).

4. While I'm on the subject, what rules do lowering/raising evasiveness follow? Does flash lower accuracy by 10% per application? Is it possible for a move to be lowered to 0 accuracy? At what point do double team / flash become useless (before the obvious 6 use mark). How many sweet scents would you need to guarantee a horn drill?
1: From Bulbapedia: For each stat, there are six stages of increase, and six stages of decrease. The stages are cumulative: adding a stage of increase, and then a stage of decrease, results in no net change to the stat. The six stages of increase are x1.5, x2.0, x2.5, x3.0, x3.5, and x4.0. The six stages of decrease are 2/3, 1/2, 2/5, 1/3, 2/7, and 1/4.

2: I haven't heard about a quick claw exploit, probably just a string of very bad luck.

3: The RNG has been broken as far as breeding goes, but in battle, yes it's random as far as we know. I've landed a Thunder on a +6 Evasion person before, it's just a matter of luck.

4: See 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)