Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 20 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For maximum overall defenses, you'll always want to go 252 HP first.

With your Milotic's IVs, 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SDef would give it the best overall defenses, assuming Marvel Scale.
Might I just ask, how come Toxic is recommended on the Sleep Talk moveset for Milotic? I mean, doesn't that halve the chance of it using a useful move while its asleep? Or is it meant to be a stall move?

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mabye if you weren't so lazy, and bothered to read the analysis, you'd know.
"Toxic is worth considering to wear down Vaporeon, Gyarados and non-resting Suicune."

I hate it when people like you ask questions that you could easily find ON THAT VERY PAGE.

Mabye if you weren't so lazy, and bothered to read the analysis, you'd know.
"Toxic is worth considering to wear down Vaporeon, Gyarados and non-resting Suicune."

I hate it when people like you ask questions that you could easily find ON THAT VERY PAGE.
Thank you... Except, I did read the analysis, that doesn't quite answer my question, and that was VERY rude... I hate it when people can't answer simple questions without EASILY JUST TYPING WHAT THEY'RE FREAKING SUPPOSED TO!

SO what if it's worth considering? Is it worth it for the player's turns to potentially look like?

Milotic is asleep. Milotic used Sleep Talk. Milotic used Rest... Milotic is already asleep...

Milotic is asleep. Milotic used Sleep Talk. Milotic used Toxic. But the opponent is already poisoned.

Obviously it is up to the player, and ice beam and toxic are both tms, why don't you test it?
Oh, because I'm waiting until 9/9/2009 to hatch my Feebas!

Now I have an actual question... I'm making a stall based team for UU, meant to function against my friends' amateur OU team... I know most Stall teams use the shuffling of poison through toxic spikes, so I was going to feature a Roserade of the sorts on my own team...

So, would having Milotic with toxic and Roserade with Toxic Spikes be too redundant, or are two poison-users just fine on a stall team?

haunter

Banned deucer.
Now I have another question, would it be redundant to have a toxic-spiking Roserade alongside my Sleep Talk/Toxic Milotic?

About your question: usually yes, it's quite redundant. If you're planning on using TS Roserade, then the last moveslot should be chosen according to the tier you're playing in. If you're using Milo in OU, then HP electric (assuming you have access to it) would be a fine choice to deal with Gyarados, while ice beam would make it a decent counter to mix-Mence, given Milotic's high SpD. If you're playing in UU, then first of all let me say that TS is an ineffective strategy, with all the grounded poison types around, and in this case you might just use HP grass (again, assuming that you have access to it) or really toxic just to hit opposing Milotic and other water types (assuming no toxic spikes from Roserade for the reason above).

About your question: usually yes, it's quite redundant. If you're planning on using TS Roserade, then the last moveslot should be chosen according to the tier you're playing in. If you're using Milo in OU, then HP electric (assuming you have access to it) would be a fine choice to deal with Gyarados, while ice beam would make it a decent counter to mix-Mence, given Milotic's high SpD. If you're playing in UU, then first of all let me say that TS is an ineffective strategy, with all the grounded poison types around, and in this case you might just use HP grass (again, assuming that you have access to it) or really toxic just to hit opposing Milotic and other water types (assuming no toxic spikes from Roserade for the reason above).
Last question for now, could a Sub-Seeding Roserade with Spikes make an efficient lead?

haunter

Banned deucer.
Last question for now, could a Sub-Seeding Roserade with Spikes make an efficient lead?
I've never seen nor used a sub-seed Rose lead. Once again, the answer to your question depends on the tier you're using it in. In OU sleep powder\toxic spikes Roserade is an awesome lead. In UU it's still good, but as stated before TS is pretty useless, and sleep powder+spikes is illegal. So if you're using it in UU you might just use it as your spiker, but I advise against using it as your lead.

I've never seen nor used a sub-seed Rose lead. Once again, the answer to your question depends on the tier you're using it in. In OU sleep powder\toxic spikes Roserade is an awesome lead. In UU it's still good, but as stated before TS is pretty useless, and sleep powder+spikes is illegal. So if you're using it in UU you might just use it as your spiker, but I advise against using it as your lead.
I was thinking of using a set with
Substitute
Leech Seed
Sludge Bomb
Spikes

Chances are, if I seed a defensive lead, they'll wanna switch, and if they switch in a counter, I can switch in a counter of my own that'll get HP recovery every turn... Substitute also gives me time to lay down spikes... Is it worth a try at all?

I was thinking of using a set with
Substitute
Leech Seed
Sludge Bomb
Spikes

Chances are, if I seed a defensive lead, they'll wanna switch, and if they switch in a counter, I can switch in a counter of my own that'll get HP recovery every turn... Substitute also gives me time to lay down spikes... Is it worth a try at all?
Roserade is a hit-and-run, and all the leads on the receiving end would hurt you a lot anyway. So, no.

Stupid question inc:

(excluding uber) OU, BL, UU, NU, is it the moveset options or the amount of stat points that a pokemon can have that seperates them into these four catagories?

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Stupid question inc:

(excluding uber) OU, BL, UU, NU, is it the moveset options or the amount of stat points that a pokemon can have that seperates them into these four catagories?
Both, but ultimately based on usage

I have made a team which includes a taunt skarmory coupled with a CB tyranitar to to take care of rotom. I was just wondering if it is worth using a jolly nature on Tyranitar to outspeed the 'standard' Rotom-H set in the smogon analysis's. Is this amount of speed still used or do most Rotom run more speed making jolly T-tar not worth it? Thanks for any advice given.

in 7 pages i didnt see a reply to my last question, so I reitterate :

We have now made sure that i cannot get Hypnosis on timid 252hp 252 speed transformer Mew, what alternative move should I choose? or should I try to make a bp/transformer?
Wait. Couldn't you use a Smeargle to teach a Transformer Mew moves?

If I recall, you can use Smeargle to teach Ditto and Mew moves using Transform?

Wait. Couldn't you use a Smeargle to teach a Transformer Mew moves?

If I recall, you can use Smeargle to teach Ditto and Mew moves using Transform?
That was a glitch only in early versions of Japanese DP, where if a transformed poke faints, it retains its copied moveset.
So you would need a copy of an early DP game to do this.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I'm catching Regice. How many times should I use the quick ball at first? 1, 2, 4, 10?

Oh and another topic, If you use belly drum and want sitrus berry to activate, is you HP supposed to be initially even or odd?

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm catching Regice. How many times should I use the quick ball at first? 1, 2, 4, 10?

Oh and another topic, If you use belly drum and want sitrus berry to activate, is you HP supposed to be initially even or odd?
On Regice, 4 or 5. For the first 5 turns, Quick ball has a catch rate of 4.

I think it's even.

To mattj, it is even. Who does the drumming btw?
If it is Sub+Drum, then the hp should be divisible by 4. EDIT: but no it doesn't matter because you are using Stirus Berry, which should activate when the remainingHP/maxHP is less than 1/3.
If is Drum+Gluttony, then hep should be even.

I also have a question:
I believe that a Choice Band/Specs/Scarfer can do best in the battle hall (pt), and I want some suggestions on which pokemon I should use. I think that the Pokemon should be fast enough and/or powerful to kill the opponent (since it is one-on-one).
Any help for me?

To mattj, it is even. Who does the drumming btw?
If it is Sub+Drum, then the hp should be divisible by 4. EDIT: but no it doesn't matter because you are using Stirus Berry, which should activate when the remainingHP/maxHP is less than 1/3.
If is Drum+Gluttony, then hep should be even.

I also have a question:
I believe that a Choice Band/Specs/Scarfer can do best in the battle hall (pt), and I want some suggestions on which pokemon I should use. I think that the Pokemon should be fast enough and/or powerful to kill the opponent (since it is one-on-one).
Any help for me?
Maybe Weavil could be helpful. Other Choice Bander/Specs/Scarfer could be Metgross, Tyranitar, Heatran, Starmie...

Does anyone know any good Youtube accounts with videos of wi-fi battles with commentary? The only one I already know about is Mtgxerxes, and that one hasn't been updated in a year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)