Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 20 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be a good idea to run Modest max SpA on Mixed dancing Lapras?
Why run a -Atk nature when you're going to run the "Mixed" set? Go with either Lonely/Mild/Naughty/Rash nature. If you want to capitalize physical hitting, then go with lonely/naughty. If you want to capitalize special hitting, then go with mild/rash.

Hi, I just made a new character in Platinum, named Mimi, but I can't for the life of me decide what she should be... pick an avatar for me!

A. Beauty
B. Pop Idol
C. Lady
Maybe Pop Idol.

Sorry, my bad, why did I even say Modest ><...
Say...should I use Low Kick or Hi Jump Kick on Medicham?
That's really a personal dilemma. If Hi Jump Kick misses, then Medicham takes 1/2 of the damage that would've been delt, which could be a bit nasty. Hi Jump Kick has 90% accuracy and STAB 150 bp, which is pretty damn nice. If you have a good Ghost checker, then maybe go with Hi Jump Kick.

On the other hand Low Kick is 100% accurate but the damage works like Grass Knot where it depends on how heavy the foe is. The heavier, the more damage. The max Low Kick can achieve is 180 bp, and the lowest being 30 bp.

Brick Break is another nice option too as it stays at ~ 112 bp and it destroys Reflect and Light Screen even if the target is a Ghost type (to contrary belief, Brick Break still destroys Dual Screen even if it doesn't effect the target). Brick Break only doesn't destroy Dual Screen if it misses, as in the target had used Sand Attack/Flash or it it has Sand Veil/Snow Cloak ability with the respective weather activated.

In conclusion, I and the majority would probably go with Hi Jump Kick even with its costs. Brick Break is pretty much seconded. Low Kick is third. But do go ahead and try Low Kick too, as it is capable of reaching 180 bp and having the equivalence of Close Combat, without defense drops.

Are Latias and Manaphy considered OU and Uber or Suspect right now?
To put it simply, they are considered both, Latias is OU and Suspect. Manaphy is Uber and Suspect.
If either get enough votes to change tiers in the next test period (which should occur once all this Garchomp voting # nonsence is decided on) then they could switch tiers, but before that vote happens Latias is still OU and Manaphy is still Uber.

So, Being a suspect doesn't change their current tier.

To put it simply, they are considered both, Latias is OU and Suspect. Manaphy is Uber and Suspect.
If either get enough votes to change tiers in the next test period (which should occur once all this Garchomp voting # nonsence is decided on) then they could switch tiers, but before that vote happens Latias is still OU and Manaphy is still Uber.

So, Being a suspect doesn't change their current tier.
Actually, I believe that Garchomp has been allowed in 3-2 suspect voting so the debate is over. Not one hundred percent sure. Don't quote me on this.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was talking to Aeolus about this stuff a while ago, and he said he saw no reason to include Garchomp. This may have changed though.

When one constracts a Hail team, must I actually lead with Abomasnow, or could I use, say, Infernape to lead, sweep and then send Abomasnow out?

so you can choose to not do your hardest two? at all? like, skip the stage 9 and stage 10 goast battles?

is it like, when you go to select one, and it does that thing where it makes you go to the ???, it takes the place or which ever one you clicked on in the first place?

Is HP Grass viable on Suicune?
Why considering HP Grass when the combination of --if you are entailing to 3-attack Suicune-- Ice Beam, Surf and HP Elec offers the best kind of coverage just fine (with exception of rare Water Absorb-Quagsire and Volt Absorb-Lanturn).

Is HP Grass viable on Suicune?
No. The only thing you would be using HP Grass on would be Suicune, which would hit it for 240 power. Surf with a STAB boost hits for ~147 power, and a Super Effective HP Grass would only have 140 power. So unless you are paranoid about Swampert PHazing your Suicune, use HP Electric instead to deal with Gyarados.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)