Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 20 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So whatever happened to Lapras?

I can totally understand in not being used as much because Ice is a terrible defensive type. Are Rock and Fighting really common in UU?

Eh, I'll ask once more. 3rd times a charm.

30/28/21/31/12/31 Timid Magnezone w/Magnet Pull/

Good enough for personal use on WiFi? (as in - will it still be effective?)

It's only purpose is trapping scizor and skarmory.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Im pretty sure you've already been told, yes. Skarm hits Zone like a fly and you should only switch in on scizor BPing, and nonscarfzone outspeeds scizor easily with a little speed investment.

Which type is generally considered the best my means of offensive coverage and why?
Also, is Stone Edge viable on Dragonite?
Dragon, because it hits every type at least neutrally, except for steel.

Fighting/Ghost gets perfect coverage and Dragon/Ground gets perfect coverage except for steels in the air.

So no Stone Edge for Dragonite?
And by means of super-effective coverage, would Ice and Rock be the best?
Lee-I actually like going offensive with Lapras, Water and Ice give fantastic coverage.

Can I write a set for Arceus even though it's banned from ubers?
EDIT: and can someone post a link to where I would post a new set?
the changes are confusing..

If I want to use NP Jynx, should I use three moves in dual STABs and Focus Blast, or drop either Focus Blast or Psychic for Lovely Kiss?

Thanks, Lee. :o

With Roserade gone (speaking of, does anyone see her dropping back to UU anytime soon?), what do people think about Glalie Spiking? I remember posting this set a little while back:

Glalie @ Leftovers
Bold / Calm
Ice Body
I can't really remember the EV's, unfortunately.

~ Spikes
~ Toxic / Taunt (Was Taunt included in Glalie's moveset prior to Platinum? I don't think it was, but it's a welcome addition.)
~ Blizzard
~ Light Screen

I had success with this set. Unfortunately, Abomasnow going to BL sorta screwed Glalie over, but Snover is an alright alternative, I suppose. This set could also function without Hail, but it's obviously not as effective.

Again, I'd really love to see Glalie usage rise. It needs some love. >_>

In general, who is a better entry hazard setter... Roserade or Froslass?
Well, its a matter of opinion, but I'd say in OU use Roseraide. With Frosslass in UU now, (and obvoiusly with Roseraide moved to OU) Frosslass is best in UU. In OU Frosslass can't be much of a threat.

I have another question,
What move gets the best coverage with Ice?
Electric typing hands down. Its the reason why the BoltBeam combo is well known.

And also about the Glalie Tiltyu, well sadly Frosslass is back in UU for now, nearly outclassing it in every way when it comes to spiking. Ambipom getting Low Kick also dampers Glalie leads.

Well, its a matter of opinion, but I'd say in OU use Roseraide. With Frosslass in UU now, (and obvoiusly with Roseraide moved to OU) Frosslass is best in UU. In OU Frosslass can't be much of a threat.

Electric typing hands down. Its the reason why the BoltBeam combo is well known.

And also about the Glalie Tiltyu, well sadly Frosslass is back in UU for now, nearly outclassing it in every way when it comes to spiking. Ambipom getting Low Kick also dampers Glalie leads.
Couldn't a Froslass lead possibly massacre a Roserade lead?

Some guy posted posted a comment on one of my YT videos claiming I was wrong, so I'm bringing the question here:

Does the item Muscle Band in D/P/Platinum boost physical attacks by 10%?

The guy on YT thinks it's 20%, therefore he said my choice of Iron Plate was inferior... I had that item for +20% on Bullet Punch, as Superpower isn't used often.

Also, I checked both Smogon and Bulbapedia, and both say 10%... can anyone else confirm I'm correct?

EDIT: Also, what is the "Fuego Ironworks trick" referred to in this topic?

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62523
That's a 'trick' where you use something to clamp down on the control pad of your DS on a certain arrow so that your character will infinitely be spun back and forth by the spinny things in the Ironworks... the idea is to leave your DS with the charger on and the button clamped, while having Pokemon you want to level up in the Daycare so it keeps gaining EXP. You can also get a Pokemon to maximum happiness (eg. for evolution) this way.

My opinion is that it's a stupid 'trick', and a real waste of time.

I don't know if this is too simple for this thread (I'd ask it on IRC or Shoddy but I'm having computer problems), but when a priority move is used before Fake Out does Fake Out still do damage? Like for example,

Swellow used Quick Attack!
Ambipom used Fake Out!

Does Swellow still take damage from Ambipom's Fake Out? I can't remember and the Fake Out page doesn't say.

(To clarify, I mean priority from a faster Pokemon like in the example)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)