Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna answer a few questions here:

I know that, in order for previously defeated trainers to get the most powerful Pokémon, you have to rematch them many times. Does anyone know about how many times it takes to get them to their most powerful point? I've also heard that it involves beating the Elite Four a certain number of times... is this true?
Beating the E4 multiple times powers up your rival. To get other trainers at their strongest you need to catch/defeat Heatran. That's the "trigger" for activating their final teams.

Is Destiny Bond and Healing Wish a viable combo In-game or on Shoddy?...Despite the fact Gardevoir and Smeargle are the only two who can use this combo?
Doesn't work. Destiny Bond keeps its effect until the user's next turn rolls around. In your case, since it's using Healing Wish, it obviously its turn so DB ends.

Is it true that the trophy garden pokemon will stay the same as I long as I dont talk to the dude again?
Yep. If you get Eevees (for example) in there and never talk to the guy again, you'll still have Eevees there until you eventually decide to talk to the guy enough to get Eevee kicked out to make room for a new Pokemon.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
I don't, DB + HW allows you to take out an opponent's Pokemon and heal a Pokemon coming in. Gardevoir has the speed to pull this off...assuming the combo even works.
If the user faints before their next move, the Pokémon that fainted the user will faint as well.
2 things incorrect about your idea. First, by using Healing Wish, it's your next move. Second, the opposing Pokemon didn't faint yours, meaning that it wouldn't KO them.

Is Destiny Bond and Healing Wish a viable combo In-game or on Shoddy?...Despite the fact Gardevoir and Smeargle are the only two who can use this combo?
How are those two a combo? Healing Wish causes you to faint instantly, while Destiny Bond causes the opponent to faint if he KOs you. First off, you can't use two moves in one turn. Second, even if you could, Healing Wish is self-induced, so Destiny Bond wouldn't work.

You're just putting two suicide moves on one set. Waste of space, imo. =/

Is using an external device (AR) to get certain IV's acceptable to battle with?
I know it's absolutely illegal to trade and I will not be doing so, but would using it for a competative Poke be legal?

EDIT: And by all this i am doing Legal hacks, so no unfair IVs, just sheer laziness. Also, would legal hacks also count for pokesav?

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I know it's absolutely illegal to trade and I will not be doing so, but would using it for a competative Poke be legal?

EDIT: And by all this i am doing Legal hacks, so no unfair IVs, just sheer laziness. Also, would legal hacks also count for pokesav?
Its absolutely fine. The majority of people use a program called Pokésav for this.

How can I make sure that spore punch breloom can't ruin my team anymore?
I have enough tanks and walls but I seem weak to this type of breloom.
Please just give me a strategy or a counter pokemon, that kills it without getting too much damage.

haunter

Banned deucer.

It's fine as long as you tell your opponent that you're using hacked Pokemon.

Please just give me a strategy or a counter pokemon, that kills it without getting too much damage.
Sadly there's no sure counter for spore\sub\punch Breloom, usually the best strategy against it is letting it put to sleep something and then wall it with a Pokemon like Gliscor or use it as set up fodder for things like DD Mence or CM Latias.

Right, I need help making a semi-stall team or a wifi tournament.

I've decided to use BulkyDos as my Stat-upper, and a Careful Forrestrss as my lead.

My question is: What 3 stallish pokemon can complement Bulky Dos? I was thinking of Blissey, or maybe a Taunt Glicor, but I don't know where to start.

Right, I need help making a semi-stall team or a wifi tournament.

I've decided to use BulkyDos as my Stat-upper, and a Careful Forrestrss as my lead.

My question is: What 3 stallish pokemon can complement Bulky Dos? I was thinking of Blissey, or maybe a Taunt Glicor, but I don't know where to start.
Well let's srtar by looking on Gyaras weakness, Electric. Here Gliscor is obviously good as he resist it and can answer back on electric pokemons (if they for some reason would stay in). Then let's look at Gliscors weakness Ice(and water), what resists that? a Vaporeon. And what is Vaporeons weakness? Electric which Gliscor already resisted. Lastly you might want a spin blocker, which can be Dusknoir, or you can go with a Swampert. So i'd have to say for good stallish pokemon who can complement BulkyDos is:

Gliscor. Roost/SR/Stone edge/Knock off/Eartquake.
Vaporeon. Hp electric/Surf/Wish/Toxic/Protect/Ice beam.
Dusknoir. Shadow sneak/Will-o-wisp/Ice punch/ Fire punch/EQ.
Swampert. EQ/Stone edge/Waterfall/SR/Roar/Ice beam.

Hope that helped.

How does Cleanse tag increase chances while chaining? Is it still useful when repel is in effect?
Unless your Pokemon are lower levels than the wild, Repel does everything Cleanse Tag does and more. Cleanse Tag only decreases the chances of a wild encounter; Repel eliminates it.

Medicham uses substitute vs a Shuckle who uses X (without breaking the sub)
Next turn, Medicham will focus punch.
If shuckle encores next turn (the turn that says medicham is focusing) will the encore lock medicham into using sub repeatedly, or will it encore the focus punch instead?

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Medicham uses substitute vs a Shuckle who uses X (without breaking the sub)
Next turn, Medicham will focus punch.
If shuckle encores next turn (the turn that says medicham is focusing) will the encore lock medicham into using sub repeatedly, or will it encore the focus punch instead?
It gets locked into Substitute because Focus Punch didn't technally go off yet.

i hav a few qs about my new party...its made up of mostly 2nd gen. bcus im kind of warming up for the US release of SS
its made up of:

Ampharos
Calm Mind Slowbro or Nasty Plot Slowking
FlinchHax Dunsparce
Tyranitar
Typhlosion
and i dont no what i will use for my 6th slot. i need a grass type or a flyer i think...but im really not sure....

i need help deciding whether to use slowking or slowbro and a 6th slot suggestion.

i use jolly azelf with ice punch fire punch u turn zen headbutt counters most leads and lets you switch out if you can't counter it

If I have pokerus-ineffected pokemon 1 holding a power bracer (+4 attack evs) with pokerus, it encounters a gyarados, then switches to another pokemon who KOs the gyarados, does Pokemon 1 still get 12 EVs?

i have a question regarding ev's as well; im ev training an alakazam and its gotten 252 in both speed and sp. attack. sp. attack: 263 speed: 249 at level 72. this does not look righ and im extremely pissed can anyone help me?? pm me if u have an answer or u know the stats are correct

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
i have a question regarding ev's as well; im ev training an alakazam and its gotten 252 in both speed and sp. attack. sp. attack: 263 speed: 249 at level 72. this does not look righ and im extremely pissed can anyone help me?? pm me if u have an answer or u know the stats are correct
Back in the day, I used this handy tool. All you have to do is select your Pokémon, and input the EVs. It will then tell you the IVs for all your stats at that level.

Hey guys I have a quick question.
Well I PokeSav. But I do it legit. I keep the EV's below 510. I don't give all 31 IVs. My question is, if I put the pokemon that i poke'saved in my boxes will my stats go away? What if i had all 31 IVs and put it in my box will it still go away?
Yes I know its possible to get all 31 IVs but its hard. Just wondering guys please help me out!

Btw how do people calculate their EVs?

I know special sweepers like pokemon like Raikou who do special attacks. I know sweepers pokemon that do physical attack to win. Whats the difference between Wall and Special Wall? Also what are TANKS? And Wall breakers are pokemon that KO the wall pokemons right?

Im new at this so please dont flame :(

Hey guys I have a quick question.
Well I PokeSav. But I do it legit. I keep the EV's below 510. I don't give all 31 IVs. My question is, if I put the pokemon that i poke'saved in my boxes will my stats go away? What if i had all 31 IVs and put it in my box will it still go away?
Yes I know its possible to get all 31 IVs but its hard. Just wondering guys please help me out!

Btw how do people calculate their EVs?

I know special sweepers like pokemon like Raikou who do special attacks. I know sweepers pokemon that do physical attack to win. Whats the difference between Wall and Special Wall? Also what are TANKS? And Wall breakers are pokemon that KO the wall pokemons right?

Im new at this so please dont flame :(
Probably should read some of these. It won't answer all your questions, but it will answer some:
http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/pokemon_dictionary
http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/intro_comp_pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)